PDA

View Full Version : gem purchased items should be able to be sold for gems

ange1976
01-10-12, 05:49 AM
I can't understand why we can't sell gem bought items for gems, especially annoying when u purchase mystery boxes trying to get something different, I've ended up with 12 green coffee tables, 8 green dressing rooms, 6 antique registers just to name a few. At 24 gems a pop, its pretty off putting that I can't even sell them back for a partial refund of the price paid. Too scared to try for the rarer items now as I may just get another coffee table and 24 gems will be down the toilet :(

dalula
01-10-12, 04:06 PM
I can't understand why we can't sell gem bought items for gems, especially annoying when u purchase mystery boxes trying to get something different, I've ended up with 12 green coffee tables, 8 green dressing rooms, 6 antique registers just to name a few. At 24 gems a pop, its pretty off putting that I can't even sell them back for a partial refund of the price paid. Too scared to try for the rarer items now as I may just get another coffee table and 24 gems will be down the toilet :(

i think you meant to post in the fashion story discussion...

dalula
01-10-12, 04:07 PM

They wont refund because that's just how TL is and they are a business that needs to earn money...

Rachael98
01-10-12, 04:08 PM
i think you meant to post in the fashion story discussion...

Ah, doesn't matter;).

If everything was sold back for gems it could remove the "rarity" or "common-ness" of some items.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Tuesday, 10th January 2012-1946~First UN General Assembly Meeting
Christmas Content: Scheduled for removal January, 13th

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;)

ange1976
01-10-12, 08:49 PM
Sorry, this was one of my first posts, was still figuring out how the site works, won't happen again, I know what I'm doing now, prob still relevent for this forum tho ;)

ange1976
01-10-12, 08:52 PM
I'm not talking about a full refund tho, but if you sell a coin bought item u get a small amount of coin back, so doesn't it make sense that if u sell a gem bought item u should get a small amount of gems back?

treavdog811
01-10-12, 09:02 PM
TOTALLY agree. Not so much for the mystery boxes, but the gem bought decorations and such should be worth AT LEAST half the gem price it was bought for.

cr4zy_eights
02-02-12, 09:01 PM
....but yeah its totally that if you buy something worth 55 gems you only get like 2000 coins for it

slackananda
02-19-12, 08:18 AM
Based on a quick test I just did, the rate of return on coin-bought items is 20%. I think it would be a good idea to return a similar percentage of gems as well. The 80% penalty is pretty steep, being able to get gems back is not a license to buy everything and wear it for a day with the tag still on....

On other note, I would never buy a mystery box! The first time I did was on accident, in Bakery. What I got from that mystery box (24 gems) was a lamp that I did not especially like or want which I had could have gotten for 14 gems if I did. I think the mystery box should have at least contained two such lamps, for a modest four gem discount. Plus, there are more decorative possibilities when used as a pair and the player might not have the gems to buy a matching one.

SmokeyMtnGirl
02-19-12, 12:46 PM
Sorry, this was one of my first posts, was still figuring out how the site works, won't happen again, I know what I'm doing now, prob still relevent for this forum tho ;)

It's not a big deal. We all goof up. And you're right it would apply to any of the story games. :)

SmokeyMtnGirl
02-19-12, 12:47 PM
Some of the stuff is so small in the purchase box you can't really tell what it looks like til you buy it.