PDA

View Full Version : Collectibles: Android vs Iphone

latenightbite
01-09-12, 07:15 AM
I play on an Android and have noticed it being pretty stingy on "collectibles". My daughter plays on an iphone and when she's gone for the weekends or busy during school days she will ask me to take care of her restaurant, bakery and farm and I've noticed it spits out collectibles like you wouldn't believe on the iphone version!

Example: The chef's coat and the Knife-- I can't get one no matter how much I cook and believe me I am cooking different things constantly! On her phone, she gets a chef's coat and knives two or three times a day! :mad:

Other than cooking, I've been tipping, buying new decor for the restaurant (got an orchid when I bought new wall panels), but I just don't get that many collectibles.

I can't help but view this as another blatant fail for android devices..... :(

queentina3
01-09-12, 07:21 AM
I'm surprised she gets the rare ones so easily. I get a ton of collectibles on my Android but the rare ones I've only received one once so far in the past week. I know other users, no matter if they are iOS or Android, have said that they are filled to the brim with collectibles and just waiting on the rare one from each segment, so for her to get them 2-3 times daily is quite shocking.

felicitybliss
01-09-12, 07:34 AM
I have an iPad and rarely get any collectibles, particularly the chefs coat or knife. I've had collectibles since it premiered on ios. This includes the time when collectible rates were substantially higher....

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff481/barbiefrancie/2ac8295a.jpg. As you can see, Collectibles are pathetic on iOS as well. The flower prize has been redeemed once.....the table prize was claimed 9 times since premier.

Truthfully, I think it is a "fail" for both iOS and android. When the rates were turned down so low, it became irrelevant.

kattybell
01-09-12, 07:35 AM
I agree with queentina3. I hardly get rare collectibles. I play on iOS. I get lots of spatulas and measuring cups.

starstar2
01-09-12, 07:52 AM
I play both android and iPhone. Both the same, could not notice any difference on collectibles drop rate.

marrrina
01-09-12, 08:29 AM
I play on iPhone and not once have I ever received a collectible that leads to the 'Floral Bouquet.' I've got a million chef hats and ladles and cooking mits, but hardly anything else. The collectible thing is just a luck of the draw.

Rachael98
01-09-12, 08:58 AM
The rates were dropped, but they're the same on all three platforms, I think.

kooky panda
01-09-12, 09:11 AM
I am on iphone 4 and at the beginning I was getting the rare ones maybe every 3-4 days until they dropped the collectible rate and now I may get to redeem a collectible once every couple of weeks.
Even when the collectibles first came out, I never could get the rare items a couple times a day.

latenightbite
01-09-12, 01:34 PM
Could it be because she was playing on RS and then downloaded the Christmas versions of all three, so it renewed itself? I don't even know how to really word it, but I know she was getting a ton of collectibles and since downloading the Christmas versions she is still getting the ones I can't seem to get at all, no matter what I do. I didn't even know those items were considered rare b/c she gets so many, I just thought it was my device.

Maybe a glitch??? Just this time it's not a bad glitch?

ultrafrog
01-09-12, 02:07 PM
No one can say for sure without accessing the drop rates in the programming code itself. Anything else is just speculation.

I want to say that the drop rates have increased slightly in the past week or so but offer no concrete evidence to show otherwise.