PDA

View Full Version : Goal Blurbs: Sending the Wrong Message?

candyglam
01-08-12, 02:16 AM
This doesn't really have to do with gameplay, but I just finished the wedding goal part 7 tonight and noticed the blurb after it says, "I haven't eaten in weeks! I better look good in this thing!" I think that's a terrible message to be sending to younger girls who play this game (and I know there are many).

I don't know if maybe it's just me that noticed it; I'm a counselor and tend to be sensitive to things like that. "I haven't eaten in weeks" says eating disorder to me. But I was curious if anyone else thought that maybe TL should've had some better judgment.

yo3ana
01-08-12, 04:07 AM
Agree, the message is inappropriate in content and meaning!! Also TL have rules for players who play their games for example age restriction etc but come on putting those rules and going around in fashion story to submit goals with a message of content that the girl didn't eat in order to look good that's just bad.

janibany
01-08-12, 04:29 AM
I haven't gotten that far, but I do think is a disturbing message. Just yesterday I ended up in the store of a 11 year old and her friends

driftboutique
01-08-12, 09:19 AM
Yeah, in general I have enjoyed the writing on the goals, but that one stuck out to me. As someone in recovery from an eating disorder, I'm pretty sensitive to messages like that, so it's not just kids.

digital_ghost
01-08-12, 10:26 AM
I noticed it too and I totally agree. Eating disorders are not something to joke about.

quentinsmommy
01-08-12, 11:17 AM
That is disturbing-especially when many Fashion Story players are teenage girls....

candyglam
01-09-12, 06:40 PM
I'm glad to see some people who agree. It would've been so much better for it to say something more like, "I've been hitting the gym everyday" or something that seemed like it wasn't putting vanity before health.

dalula
01-09-12, 07:35 PM
I havent noticed that but that isnt an appropriate thing to put on here. :\ health is way more important than looking good. my friend is not eating lunch lately and that worries me. That sentence could mislead some girls into thinking, "She hasnt eaten in weeks, i guess its ok for me to do that too"

mushroom79
01-10-12, 01:04 AM
This doesn't really have to do with gameplay, but I just finished the wedding goal part 7 tonight and noticed the blurb after it says, "I haven't eaten in weeks! I better look good in this thing!" I think that's a terrible message to be sending to younger girls who play this game (and I know there are many).

I don't know if maybe it's just me that noticed it; I'm a counselor and tend to be sensitive to things like that. "I haven't eaten in weeks" says eating disorder to me. But I was curious if anyone else thought that maybe TL should've had some better judgment.

How about changing it to "I havent eaten fast food in weeks!" at least that sounds more like healthy eating.

dalula
01-10-12, 03:39 PM
How about changing it to "I havent eaten fast food in weeks!" at least that sounds more like healthy eating.

that sounds way better. :) it encourages less fast food which is good

Rachael98
01-10-12, 03:44 PM
I don't play Fashion right now, but I agree that it's totally out of line, and probably not thought through very clearly. I hope this is changed.
Maybe to something such as this:

That sends a much better message out. I like that.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Tuesday, 10th January 2012-1946~First UN General Assembly Meeting
Christmas Content: Scheduled for removal January, 13th

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;)

iusedtobedigusr
01-10-12, 04:47 PM
I would apply to them Raechel, They are only BASED in California. So real tech's may be in any global spot.

Rachael98
01-10-12, 04:51 PM
I would apply to them Raechel, They are only BASED in California. So real tech's may be in any global spot.

From reading their Blogs etc, I'd say that most of them work from Redwood Bay. They've just expanded their offices, after all. But what are you referring to anyway?

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Tuesday, 10th January 2012-1946~First UN General Assembly Meeting

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;)

iusedtobedigusr
01-10-12, 04:58 PM
Well, gee the answers back that are written in broken English? The fact that sometimes they make "Fixes" at midnight EST and disappear all day when it's 95 on PST time?

iusedtobedigusr
01-10-12, 05:03 PM
Sorry they didn't ask you for a job there and know you would be good, But they like to hire dishonest people and even though you suck up, I hate to say your to say even you can be honest at times, well when they are extremely wrong but then you rethink and never give an opion after lol.

pinkster73
01-10-12, 05:59 PM
Sorry they didn't ask you for a job there and know you would be good, But they like to hire dishonest people and even though you suck up, I hate to say your to say even you can be honest at times, well when they are extremely wrong but then you rethink and never give an opion after lol.

Say what??

pika4ever88
01-10-12, 10:14 PM
That is really some interesting choice of words TeamLava has used... :S.

I find, along with shoddy bug fixing practices and often poor choice in business practice (too many to list but just about each forum thread is a complaint that really should be addressed), thinking it's the company's strong suit. ^^'. Yes it's nice to have weekly updates but if so much time is spent on creating them (to earn money) instead of fixing some of the core foundations that need work, then they aren't prioritizing in the right place. It's like opening up Microsoft Office weekly and getting something new but it don't work beyond basic word processing... I also understand the importance of customer feedback, but in this case, I say your time is well spent elsewhere, like playing the parts of the games that you do enjoy, instead of complaining. I say this because, searching around the forums, I find many more negative complaints (that have been around for a long time) directed to TeamLava than positive, some which I have encountered myself. Instead, support them by not using your money to buy the purchasable in-game currency and then they will have to rethink their business model. So, I take the game for what it's worth: a free, addicting, fun, social, etc time-waster. :D.

*Quietly goes back to hiding to await the onslaught.* o.o.

Rachael98
01-11-12, 12:35 AM

Eh???:confused: What are you talking about? I haven't applied for a job there, only made tentative enquiries and voiced that it would be very nice.

But they've hardly turned down and non-existent job application, and I don't believe that they employ dishonest people anyway.

Say what?

Rachael98
01-11-12, 09:08 AM
Yes . they only hire dishonest people, as seen from all the Gem Traps added, not taken away. I was actually giving you a compliment from other day when you posted "Testing" on one forum thread till you saw another that said price gouging. They can't find new "employee's" because they want to sell out and they want to make money ASAP. And that doesn't include the newbies. And no one outta college wants to be affilliated with them for thier own future.

I still haven't got a clue what half of that, or your previous posts mean, but I understand "compliment", so thank you...I think.

Wednesday, 11th January 2012-1569~First English State Lottery!

candyglam
01-11-12, 03:19 PM
I really didn't intend for this thread to turn into this at all. I've never complained about anything on the forums before, but felt strongly about this one because of the already rampant body and food issues girls experience today. This isn't about money or gems or a bad business model, this is about TL not using better judgment on some wording and I just wanted to discuss it with some people.

pinkster73
01-11-12, 03:44 PM
I really didn't intend for this thread to turn into this at all. I've never complained about anything on the forums before, but felt strongly about this one because of the already rampant body and food issues girls experience today. This isn't about money or gems or a bad business model, this is about TL not using better judgment on some wording and I just wanted to discuss it with some people.

I agree with your initial post. I don't know what happened to the rest of the thread. I don't understand half of it.

Rachael98
01-11-12, 03:46 PM
I agree with your initial post. I don't know what happened to the rest of the thread. I don't understand half of it.

I agree with this.
I apologise that I have used it to try and work out what's bring said...

Christmas Content: Scheduled for removal January, 20th

candyglam
01-11-12, 03:51 PM
Not your fault Rachael, you were just confused and trying to figure out a statement that seemed directed at you. :)

dalula
01-11-12, 04:10 PM
... me too, i had no idea what happened to this thread starting on the second page. :confused:

pinkster73
01-11-12, 04:14 PM

Alrighty..... Let's start over!

dalula
01-11-12, 04:15 PM
Alrighty..... Let's start over!

Ok! I'll start by repeating that that is not a very good message to send, and it would sound way better to say "i havent eaten fast food in weeks" because it encourages players who listen to games and what they say to eat less fast food, which is good.

pinkster73
01-11-12, 04:22 PM
The blurb was probably not written by a woman. (Don't start with the sexism remarks). It can and should be changed.

Rachael98
01-11-12, 04:36 PM
Thanks for understanding, though I should really have done so via Private Message.

But yes, let's start over.

Ok! I'll start by repeating that that is not a very good message to send, and it would sound way better to say "i havent eaten fast food in weeks" because it encourages players who listen to games and what they say to eat less fast food, which is good.

I haven't eaten fast food in years:p. Literally. That's good, I think:).

And I like your idea:).

Christmas Content: Scheduled for removal January, 20th

spuds2011
01-16-12, 12:35 AM
Not appropriate :( I know little girls who play this. Disgusting........

viviansmo
01-16-12, 12:45 AM
That is bad. Has anyone brought this to TL directly /emailed support, not just here in forums? (sorry if mentioned... Only read from the 'starting over' post on this page)
They should change that message ASAP, and a text change shouldn't take much time to implement.

sourlicorice2
01-16-12, 01:25 AM
Wow I didn't even notice that blurb on that goal or any goal for that matter. Didn't bother to read them. But I agree that was a very poor choice of wording and TL should be made aware of it. Probably to late now but for future blurbs they should be more aware.

dalula
01-17-12, 05:41 PM
Another idea...: I've eaten fruits every day and cut back on my junk food... I hope i fit this thing!

kooky panda
01-17-12, 06:23 PM
That is bad. Has anyone brought this to TL directly /emailed support, not just here in forums? (sorry if mentioned... Only read from the 'starting over' post on this page)
They should change that message ASAP, and a text change shouldn't take much time to implement.
I did pass this thread on to the community managers.