PDA

View Full Version : so many leftovers!

mmmmmatt
01-07-12, 11:13 PM
So I've only made 2 batches of the new fortune cookies with max appliances, and I already have over 100K plates of it. By the time I master it, I will probably have half a million of them....

I just added up my 22 counters and already have over a million items. I remember when I used to have to close my bakery nightly to avoid running out of food, now I just can't seem to get rid of it fast enough. It almost seems pointless now - I could probably stop baking for a month, and still have food left! Heck, I still haven't even sold half of my gravestone brownies from halloween...

What do you do with all this food?

LunaMiya808
01-07-12, 11:23 PM
I like to block the door and then try for the 'flash mob' that comes in and nearly empties your counters. It makes a lot of coins, and cleans all the counters off so that I have to start filling them again. :)

nmishii
01-07-12, 11:36 PM
I had 2.4M plates on Dec 1. Since I am on Android and only got 2 recipes the entire month of December, I was down to under 1.5M plates before Friday's update. The three recipes from Friday will add 736625 plates if you make each one 83 times to mastery.

Some people throw out the food. I just let the food sit and eventually one day they'll all go away. Its easy for me now since when there are goals TL will release almost nothing outside the goals and I'll have food to serve since I don't bake unless there is a new recipe.

Here's a thread that might be of interest.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16817-How-much-food-is-on-your-counters

queentina3
01-08-12, 08:50 AM
I have so much food that I'm not cooking anymore for awhile. I want the food that is on my numerous counters to lower significantly before I make anything else. I also want to see how my coin total racks up when I'm not making anything. I've been having so many issues with my coins not being applied that I've decided to just stop making anything. I only have a few things still cooking from when I started them last night, and once their done I'll be done cooking for a bit.

pastrychef17
01-08-12, 09:56 AM
I alternate between throwing food away and letting them pile up. I'm now at almost 2 million plates. I'm letting them pile up because once I'm done mastering the few remaining recipes I have left, I'm going to stop cooking anything for awhile. I wish they would stop releasing recipes that have so many servings and instead have fewer servings that are worth more per serving. All the recent releases that I can remember have all been worth only 4 coins per serving.

(Sorry, not adding new neighbors)

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-08-12, 11:30 AM
Donate it to a homeless shelter. lol. I've got over 100,000 of a couple of things.

sunnyDreams
01-08-12, 12:29 PM
The higher quantities help the newer players. Otherwise they have to keep blocking the door to build up food which doesn't make them any money. The players that don't need the food can always throw it away. I earn my gems & then throw away ugly or boring food in my older bakery.

Cutie4life900
01-08-12, 06:10 PM
I'm on level 22, and I only have 3 ovens, a deep fryer and a drink machine, and Even when I put food out at 2am, by 10am i'm completly out of food, and my rating goes from 100 to 60. Why is this? It's like there is not enough food of the shorter recipes? Should I be blocking my door when I go to bed?

nmishii
01-08-12, 06:17 PM
When I was at level 22, I was only able to be open 6-10 hrs before my food ran out. The original recipes didn't have that many plates per recipe and the food would run out fast, even at a higher level with more appliances. When they went to the weekly update they started releasing recipes with too many plates and if you're to the point where all you do is bake weekly recipes, your counters pile up fast.

Cutie4life900
01-08-12, 06:24 PM
I downloaded the recent update, but still am running out FAST. ?

gott99
01-08-12, 07:17 PM
Depends what you cook. Some recipes have lower quantity.
Red velvet coookies are good considering the time spent.

mmmmmatt
01-08-12, 07:38 PM
The higher quantities help the newer players. Otherwise they have to keep blocking the door to build up food which doesn't make them any money. The players that don't need the food can always throw it away. I earn my gems & then throw away ugly or boring food in my older bakery.

Throwing food away seems so wasteful when there are smaller bakeries that barely have enough :) If I could donate food to my neighbors who need it, I would!

I agree higher quantities are great when you're just starting out but as you move up it becomes rediculous. Maybe they should increase the selling rate based on your level, or qty of food you have, or number of counters so it is more realistic for the higher level players. Or at least let us "sell" the food on a counter instead of just throwing it away.

cr4zy_eights
01-08-12, 09:01 PM
I have the same problem. I have nearly 70 counters all with 100,000 + and I don't make any money...

Cutie4life900
01-08-12, 10:00 PM
I wish there was a way to donate food. I always run out by the time I wake up! Ugh!

chariiirox
01-09-12, 12:31 AM
i wish all the customers would take away food fir tgeir families... poor ppl... they're starving when their mom/dad is eating... so one person carries home 3 more items... then this problem will be solved... TL guys pls read this !!!

ultrafrog
01-09-12, 12:46 AM
Poor resource management planning by TL.

You get the same number of customers at level 1 as you do at level 96 yet your ability to prepare food increases massively.

The number of dishes you can serve in no way matches up with how many customers can consume those dishes in reasonable time at later levels. The effect only compounds as you continue to prepare food and stock your counters full.

mushroom79
01-09-12, 02:58 AM
My RS food empties out every day but my BS food piles up. What the heck? I still have candy corn macaroons!!

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-09-12, 07:48 PM
I personally like having tons of food. :)

mmmmmatt
01-10-12, 07:44 PM
My RS food empties out every day but my BS food piles up. What the heck? I still have candy corn macaroons!!

Same here. I have the same number of counters in RS as I have in BS, but I don't have nearly the same stockpile of food in RS. The selling rate must be different or BS has recipes with much greater quantities?

mmmmmatt
01-10-12, 07:45 PM
I personally like having tons of food. :)

I would rather sell it for tons of useless coins :) Then have away to trade my useless coins for gems. But that will never happen! :P

aiyayu
01-10-12, 08:21 PM
Should I be blocking my door when I go to bed?
Just block it as soon as you log in so that the rating doesn't drop unless you don't need the food to sell overnight. Also to help make money and exp faster, try to work on mastering recipes. And mastery goes faster when you work on it will all available appliances (so put away the mixer and fryer and get two more ovens if you can afford it)

Oh gawd I remember those, it took FOREVERRRRRR to sell those out. And its gonna happen all over again with these new recipes >_> I resorted to making recipes that didn't produce a lot of plates while waiting for everything else to sell after mastering the Halloween recipes.

misukume
01-11-12, 02:31 AM
Same here. I have the same number of counters in RS as I have in BS, but I don't have nearly the same stockpile of food in RS. The selling rate must be different or BS has recipes with much greater quantities?

BS sells faster while the app is open (BS take less time to eat than RS).
BS can generate more food though.

dalula
01-11-12, 04:26 PM
I like to block the door and then try for the 'flash mob' that comes in and nearly empties your counters. It makes a lot of coins, and cleans all the counters off so that I have to start filling them again. :)

wait. how do you do that? I really need to sell all of my stuff in Fashion, but things never seem to sell. i really need to empty all my racks. when will that mob appear?