PDA

View Full Version : Ghost neighbors?

janibany
01-07-12, 06:40 PM
After goals came out, I've been adding a lot of neighbors and have now about 300, but when I sent a request, it comes the message "your request has been sent, but 458 of your n eighbors didn't receive it, because you already sent them a request"

What +400 neighbors???

And its taking forever to get my requests back!

What an I do? Why is this happening?

Thank you in advance. :confused:

janibany
01-07-12, 06:41 PM
What can i do*

bobbyrae
01-07-12, 06:43 PM
I believe this is a bug...unfortunately only one of so very many bugs with that request system. I am so happy i have no more goals in fashion because i really hated sending out requests.

sumnboutme
01-07-12, 07:33 PM
After goals came out, I've been adding a lot of neighbors and have now about 300, but when I sent a request, it comes the message "your request has been sent, but 458 of your n eighbors didn't receive it, because you already sent them a request"

What +400 neighbors???

And its taking forever to get my requests back!

What an I do? Why is this happening?

Thank you in advance. :confused:

Haha, that happens to me in BS too.

gorgasgirlz
01-07-12, 08:44 PM
:0 you finished all the goals?

bobbyrae
01-07-12, 09:05 PM
:0 you finished all the goals? thankfully i have.

pika4ever88
01-07-12, 09:30 PM
I am only copying and pasting from another source, though I forgot the source.

"Stop requesting items and you will receive the previously requested items more quickly. Apparently what happens is there is a delay when you send a request and when you receive the answer to your request.

The requested items, when received by you, go towards your daily quota/limit of 20 (?) gifts. So if you need 5 appetizers and you send to all your 300 neighbours asking for appetizer, when they respond by giving you your request you will end up with 300 appetizers which, you will understand, ends up tying up your ability to receive any more gifts in the game for a long time.

If you keep hitting the ask button requesting even more appetisers that just makes it even worse for you.

So step back, take a deep breath. Don't request anything for about a day or even two. Let your gifting system reset and then carefully request the items you need. If you only need 5 of something then ask only about 8 neighbours for that one thing. Be patient and don't be tempted to keep asking for that thing even if a few hours go by. Remember different players play at different times and a player may have accepted your request but it takes sometimes up to a few hours for it to register in your game.

The other thing is that not all players are receiving your requests. From what i understand, android players don't even see your request, so you have to try to figure out which players are android and which are not, which is easier to do in bakery and restaurant since you can see who has constructed appliances, but is harder in fashion. When tipping neighbours, try to look to see which players have the make up counters or the reward items from the goals placed in their store. If they don't have either, chances are they are playing on androids and you may not want to select them when requesting gifts.

One more thing, remember you have a daily limit of gifts that you can receive. So if you are accepting 20 shoes and sweaters and leggings and handbags (or food and parts in bakery & restaurant), that seems to limit the amount of requested items you can receive. This is what i have found out so far from other players and from my own experience. So as a rule, i don't accept gifts of food or clothing unless i'm constructing an appliance."

Somethings which this quote may be incorrect on:
-I hear from some you can get 20 gifts and 20 requests in the same day so there is a chance requested materials do not count towards the daily gift limit.
-Sometimes requests are lost in transition if someone doesn't play for a few days and you keep requesting them, it may jump to the latest request and thus the ones in between are lost. Or it may not. And neighbors have the option to decline and sometimes they then get options for past requests. (Like I had one neighbor who declined my 3 days ago request only to then have to decline my 5 days ago and 7 days ago request.)

easby06
01-07-12, 10:21 PM
I am only copying and pasting from another source, though I forgot the source.

"Stop requesting items and you will receive the previously requested items more quickly. Apparently what happens is there is a delay when you send a request and when you receive the answer to your request.

The requested items, when received by you, go towards your daily quota/limit of 20 (?) gifts. So if you need 5 appetizers and you send to all your 300 neighbours asking for appetizer, when they respond by giving you your request you will end up with 300 appetizers which, you will understand, ends up tying up your ability to receive any more gifts in the game for a long time.

If you keep hitting the ask button requesting even more appetisers that just makes it even worse for you.

So step back, take a deep breath. Don't request anything for about a day or even two. Let your gifting system reset and then carefully request the items you need. If you only need 5 of something then ask only about 8 neighbours for that one thing. Be patient and don't be tempted to keep asking for that thing even if a few hours go by. Remember different players play at different times and a player may have accepted your request but it takes sometimes up to a few hours for it to register in your game.

The other thing is that not all players are receiving your requests. From what i understand, android players don't even see your request, so you have to try to figure out which players are android and which are not, which is easier to do in bakery and restaurant since you can see who has constructed appliances, but is harder in fashion. When tipping neighbours, try to look to see which players have the make up counters or the reward items from the goals placed in their store. If they don't have either, chances are they are playing on androids and you may not want to select them when requesting gifts.

One more thing, remember you have a daily limit of gifts that you can receive. So if you are accepting 20 shoes and sweaters and leggings and handbags (or food and parts in bakery & restaurant), that seems to limit the amount of requested items you can receive. This is what i have found out so far from other players and from my own experience. So as a rule, i don't accept gifts of food or clothing unless i'm constructing an appliance."

Somethings which this quote may be incorrect on:
-I hear from some you can get 20 gifts and 20 requests in the same day so there is a chance requested materials do not count towards the daily gift limit.
-Sometimes requests are lost in transition if someone doesn't play for a few days and you keep requesting them, it may jump to the latest request and thus the ones in between are lost. Or it may not. And neighbors have the option to decline and sometimes they then get options for past requests. (Like I had one neighbor who declined my 3 days ago request only to then have to decline my 5 days ago and 7 days ago request.)

I enjoyed reading your response. Well written.

janibany
01-08-12, 01:37 AM
I am going to give a break to the request and see what happen, but definitely i am not receiveng 20 request back daily and i've been declining gifts. Thanks for the answers!