PDA

View Full Version : Will any of the holiday drinks be gone before Jan 13th ?

adorablerican
01-07-12, 06:26 PM
just curious cause i still see the mummy one.

kooky panda
01-07-12, 06:37 PM
The word I got for the games is holiday contents that was released into the games between 12-2 and 12-30 will be removed on January 13th.
There is not an official list.

mushroom79
01-15-12, 08:49 AM
cookie and milk, cocoa, new year bubbly, sugar plum dream, egg nog, naughty on ice, peppermint cheer, gingerbread star will go I think! but dont know why malt mummy is still there.

Shamrock1963
01-18-12, 07:13 PM
All of these drinks, except Malt Mummy, just disappeared from my nightclub more than 24 hrs before the removal time given in the pop-up.

putka
01-18-12, 07:48 PM
What happened? It was annoujced we had until the 20th, it's still the 18th and all the drinks are GONE?!

ChickieCago
01-18-12, 07:50 PM
BOO !!!! I was so close to finishing some too !!! BOO!!!

pika4ever88
01-18-12, 08:36 PM
Mine disappeared too... And Malt Mummy never did disappear with Halloween so maybe it's now considered a permanent drink...

cupcakes4cece
01-18-12, 09:16 PM
Yes, they're all gone, two days early. How rude of TL to do that after giving us a definite date.

nmishii
01-18-12, 09:23 PM
I don't think they intentionally removed the holiday items 2 days early. They posted in the game that it would happen on Jan 20. I think its a mistake. It only happened on two games.

nmishii
01-18-12, 09:37 PM
Okay, I take back what I said about the early removal being unintentional. It was intentional:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23094-Update-on-Seasonal-Content-Removed-on-Jan-20

pinkster73
01-18-12, 09:39 PM
Okay, I take back what I said about the early removal being unintentional. It was intentional:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23094-Update-on-Seasonal-Content-Removed-on-Jan-20

What's a "critical bug"? I don't speak computer.

nmishii
01-18-12, 09:41 PM
What's a "critical bug"? I don't speak computer.

Something that will bring down the game or system.

Shamrock1963
01-18-12, 09:49 PM
I wonder what critical bug they were trying to prevent by removing the drinks early. I wonder if it worked.

nmishii
01-18-12, 09:56 PM
I wonder what critical bug they were trying to prevent by removing the drinks early. I wonder if it worked.

I was kind of wondering that too. The right thing to do is to fix it or at least change it and bring back the goals for 2 days. They're most likely going to have to fix the bug anyways if they're going to have more goals for those games.

Shamrock1963
01-18-12, 10:08 PM
I was actually in the process of ordering, cancelling, and reordering Sugar Plum Dream when it disappeared, crashing my game in the process. Fortunately, I had finished all of the other Christmas drinks.

felicitybliss
01-18-12, 10:10 PM
I was kind of wondering that too. The right thing to do is to fix it or at least change it and bring back the goals for 2 days. They're most likely going to have to fix the bug anyways if they're going to have more goals for those games.

Since you are taking questions :)
How can they see a bug coming? My assumption is that if everything remains the same today then it should remain the same tomorrow. Is that assumption incorrect?

Shamrock1963
01-18-12, 10:22 PM
Since you are taking questions :)
How can they see a bug coming? My assumption is that if everything remains the same today then it should remain the same tomorrow. Is that assumption incorrect?

Not always. Are you old enough to remember the hullabaloo about the millennium bug?

My question is that if they could see the bug coming, why didn't they fix it?

pinkster73
01-18-12, 10:25 PM
Not always. Are you old enough to remember the hullabaloo about the millennium bug?

Maybe they took it out to fix it, then they will put it back for a couple days?

Shamrock1963
01-18-12, 10:28 PM
Maybe they took it out to fix it, then they will put it back for a couple days?

Somehow, I don't think so. I think they're gone for good.

Shamrock1963
01-18-12, 10:30 PM

Don't know that it was Goal-related. I don't think Nightclub Story has Goals - not even for iOS users!

kooky panda
01-18-12, 10:32 PM
Nightclub and City did not get the holiday goals.

nmishii
01-18-12, 10:41 PM
I didn't know those games didn't get goals. So they just had "weekly content" type stuff, like Androids got?

Then I don't see how they can have a critical bug.

felicitybliss
01-18-12, 11:12 PM

I am officially an old bag :) :). Though,remain a sexy redhead thanks to a talented hairdresser. I do remember the millennium bug, but thought was due to operating system programming/infrastructure limitations (using 2 digits instead of 4).

I just don't understand a lightweight program that essentially does the same thing week after week (making recipes and placing) could have such a "critical bug" that only holiday items need to removed to prevent some epic failure. I don't understand what is so different between a xmas cupcake and regular cupcake to program.....

Shamrock1963
01-18-12, 11:14 PM
I am officially an old bag :) :). Though,remain a sexy redhead thanks to a talented hairdresser. I do remember the millennium bug, but thought was due to operating system programming/infrastructure limitations (using 2 digits instead of 4).

I just don't understand a lightweight program that essentially does the same thing week after week (making recipes and placing) could have such a "critical bug" that only holiday items need to removed to prevent some epic failure. I don't understand what is so different between a xmas cupcake and regular cupcake to program.....

Without having access to the source code, I couldn't say.

nmishii
01-18-12, 11:32 PM

The difference is the xmas cupcake was supposed to be removed on the 20th and the regular cupcake isn't. Someone may have done some preliminary work to remove the holiday items, but somehow it got executed earlier. But I don't work for TL so I don't know, it is only my theory.

ariesblu
01-18-12, 11:36 PM
...I just don't understand a lightweight program that essentially does the same thing week after week (making recipes and placing) could have such a "critical bug" that only holiday items need to removed to prevent some epic failure. I don't understand what is so different between a xmas cupcake and regular cupcake to program.....

I'm just as curious as well. Though it doesn't matter cause I never saw it on my phone :p

nmishii
01-18-12, 11:48 PM
I'm just as curious as well. Though it doesn't matter cause I never saw it on my phone :p

You mean they didn't have goals or any new features, just more "weekly content" type stuff, and they still didn't give it to Androids? It doesn't sound like there were any code changes needed.

putka
01-19-12, 01:37 AM
I just don't understand a lightweight program that essentially does the same thing week after week (making recipes and placing) could have such a "critical bug" that only holiday items need to removed to prevent some epic failure.

Exactly. It is not very believable. Someone probably made a mistake and instead of fixing it, they decided to come up with an excuse most people will believe.

Not that it matters to them whether we believe it or not or how upset it makes us. Just like it doesn't matter to them that the days we spent on the recipes that were so close to being mastered, were essentially, wasted.

Shamrock1963
01-19-12, 08:23 AM
You mean they didn't have goals or any new features, just more "weekly content" type stuff, and they still didn't give it to Androids? It doesn't sound like there were any code changes needed.

Didn't give what to Androids?

Shamrock1963
01-19-12, 11:26 AM
Exactly. It is not very believable. Someone probably made a mistake and instead of fixing it, they decided to come up with an excuse most people will believe.

That thought occurred to me too.

Another thought that I had was whether it was really necessary to remove ALL of the holiday content early. Couldn't the early removal have been restricted to whichever item/items were causing the problem?