PDA

View Full Version : Why can I noyt buy gems?

heart78
01-07-12, 11:08 AM
I have been trying to buy gems for the past three days and the screen is blank. Is there a glitch in the system?

jay1314
01-07-12, 12:28 PM
I know the same thing happened to me I'm trying buy gems to complete the last quest in rs and it just says processing then goes blank

kooky panda
01-07-12, 02:45 PM
If you are playing on an iphone, ipad, etc, this is a known issue. Here is thread on restoring your device.
It is a personal decision if you want to restore. (If you do, make sure you backup everything in itunes before restoring.)

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20569-Possible-Fix-for-Blank-Purchase-Screen-on-iOS-devices

canacanacana
01-07-12, 02:56 PM
I'm having problems in all the story games I play- but can purchase them if I delete the xmas version and buy them from the original versions. Obviously this does not fix pet story problem.

I'm also not getting a blank screen. The gem screen pops up and when I press a button to buy, the screen briefly goes to the Processing screen, but then returns to gem screen and without ever giving the confirmation pop up. I've not been charged nor have any gems been added.

I've tried buying from different areas of the games. Soft reset of my devices and deleted/reinstalled. No luck. (except when going through non-Xmas versions)

I'm on iPad-2 and iPhone 3GS. iOS 5.0.1 on both.

Anyone else having this issue?

kooky panda
01-07-12, 02:59 PM
I'm having problems in all the story games I play- but can purchase them if I delete the xmas version and buy them from the original versions. Obviously this does not fix pet story problem.

I'm also not getting a blank screen. The gem screen pops up and when I press a button to buy, the screen briefly goes to the Processing screen, but then returns to gem screen and without ever giving the confirmation pop up. I've not been charged nor have any gems been added.

I've tried buying from different areas of the games. Soft reset of my devices and deleted/reinstalled. No luck. (except when going through non-Xmas versions)

I'm on iPad-2 and iPhone 3GS. iOS 5.0.1 on both.

Anyone else having this issue?

see post 3 for blank screen issue

jay1314
01-07-12, 03:22 PM
I'm not getting a blank screen I press buy 24 gems and it says processing like normal than just stops and goes back to the game and I know it's not taking anything off my card because I have iTunes gift card that I am using

edithrussell
01-07-12, 09:39 PM
I tried restoring and it didnt work. I try to click and buy gems but it says processing and then nothing. :(

is there other ways to get gems???

kooky panda
01-08-12, 10:55 AM
I'm not getting a blank screen I press buy 24 gems and it says processing like normal than just stops and goes back to the game and I know it's not taking anything off my card because I have iTunes gift card that I am using

I tried restoring and it didnt work. I try to click and buy gems but it says processing and then nothing. :(

is there other ways to get gems???

If you are on IOS device, Iphone Ipad, and are getting the long processing wait or getting knocked off, try a couple of things.
Go to settings under safari and clear history , data and cookies.
Then go to settings under store and log out of your itunes account, then log back in with your user and password for itunes.
Then restart your device.

canacanacana
01-08-12, 08:49 PM
If you are on IOS device, Iphone Ipad, and are getting the long processing wait or getting knocked off, try a couple of things.
Go to settings under safari and clear history , data and cookies.
Then go to settings under store and log out of your itunes account, then log back in with your user and password for itunes.
Then restart your device.

Thanks Kooky! That worked! Now I can spend money frivolously once again lol! Hurray!

donnafisher
01-08-12, 10:29 PM
I tried clearing cookies,history and data plus signed out and signed back into my account AND shut down my phone and restarted as mentioned AND I'm still not able to buy Gems. If problem doesn't get fixed soon TL I may just quit playing completely!

barleycoon
01-09-12, 12:12 AM
I tried clearing cookies,history and data plus signed out and signed back into my account AND shut down my phone and restarted as mentioned AND I'm still not able to buy Gems. If problem doesn't get fixed soon TL I may just quit playing completely!

I'm sorry your having this issue, could try emailing the provider for the app store/android market if you feel it may be a device related issue. Or email support@teamlava.com explaining your issue, include your storm8 ID and the game it's happening on, and which device played on. I hope it's resolved for you as soon as is possible.

kooky panda
01-09-12, 05:47 AM
What is happening when you try to purchase gems? Are you getting an error message? blank gem screen? long processing window?