PDA

View Full Version : Knock it off, TL!

xSnowyOwlx
01-06-12, 08:27 PM
I realize sometimes you're going to have issues in your games. I realize there can be glitches and that these should be fixed.

However, you need to stop messing around with the breeding times.

I'm now really pissed. I was happy to see 2 new collections to achieve - even though I don't know which dogs crossbreed to make 1 of the breeds shown but am sure it costs gems - but now I'm stuck breeding my last Balinese for another 4 days!

So, you think it's funny, do you? Laugh it up, hope you all get a huge laugh until you realize how many negative reviews you're going to get.

FYI: check out my review on iTunes. I'm vogt_v.

bigbux3
01-06-12, 08:51 PM
I realize sometimes you're going to have issues in your games. I realize there can be glitches and that these should be fixed.

However, you need to stop messing around with the breeding times.

I'm now really pissed. I was happy to see 2 new collections to achieve - even though I don't know which dogs crossbreed to make 1 of the breeds shown but am sure it costs gems - but now I'm stuck breeding my last Balinese for another 4 days!

So, you think it's funny, do you? Laugh it up, hope you all get a huge laugh until you realize how many negative reviews you're going to get.

FYI: check out my review on iTunes. I'm vogt_v.

I'm guessing you're TeamLava's newest angry customer. Alongside with me. I understand. They need to stop releasing games until they do a major maintenance and release it to us via iTunes/Android Market.

xSnowyOwlx
01-07-12, 03:05 PM
Oh, I've long been an unhappy customer with TL. I'm just so annoyed that they changed it AND didn't add a cancellation button for the regular breeding.

I'm not crossbreeding right now because I don't have the gems.

I only buy a tiny amount of gems each month for a select number of games - hence, I pay $5 each of those games compared to a $2 amount in a different game that does care about customers.

xSnowyOwlx
01-07-12, 03:06 PM
I'm guessing you're TeamLava's newest angry customer. Alongside with me. I understand. They need to stop releasing games until they do a major maintenance and release it to us via iTunes/Android Market.

Also, notice how instead of updating Zoo Story, they abandoned it and made Zoo Story 2?! I feel sorry for those who bought gems in Zoo and am so glad I didn't.

bigbux3
01-07-12, 03:11 PM
Also, notice how instead of updating Zoo Story, they abandoned it and made Zoo Story 2?! I feel sorry for those who bought gems in Zoo and am so glad I didn't.

I certainly didn't. Honestly, they knew Zoo Story wasn't a good hit, so why did they make a second?

shakiba
01-07-12, 03:18 PM
I certainly didn't. Honestly, they knew Zoo Story wasn't a good hit, so why did they make a second?

I'm wondering that too. Hmm.. ;(

Rachael98
01-07-12, 03:21 PM

Because the second was better. They just got a clean sheet and tried again.

bigbux3
01-07-12, 03:25 PM
Because the second was better. They just got a clean sheet and tried again.

But... why? I don't find this one... better. It's the same to me. They shouldn't have repeated, they should've taken our ideas and suggestions and made them happen. Hey, that's what the forum was made for. They should've made a new game!

nmishii
01-07-12, 04:10 PM
But... why? I don't find this one... better. It's the same to me. They shouldn't have repeated, they should've taken our ideas and suggestions and made them happen. Hey, that's what the forum was made for. They should've made a new game!

Its possible that the artist for ZS1 is no longer available. The new artists may not be able to create content that would look the same (I wouldn't be able to, but I'm not an artist).

I started playing ZS1 again about a week and a half ago because as an Android player Farm, RS, and BS were boring because there was very little holiday content released to us. Was playing ZS1 without neighbors before because I was too busy to play another game and decided to start getting neighbors before everyone abandoned ZS1. It was nice and relaxing, prices didn't change, and I only saw one bug that works to my favor. I have 2 more expansions before I've done everything I can without gems. After reading the posts on the new games, I am happy with ZS1.

bigbux3
01-07-12, 04:14 PM
Its possible that the artist for ZS1 is no longer available. The new artists may not be able to create content that would look the same (I wouldn't be able to, but I'm not an artist).

I started playing ZS1 again about a week and a half ago because as an Android player Farm, RS, and BS were boring because there was very little holiday content released to us. Was playing ZS1 without neighbors before because I was too busy to play another game and decided to start getting neighbors before everyone abandoned ZS1. It was nice and relaxing, prices didn't change, and I only saw one bug that works to my favor. I have 2 more expansions before I've done everything I can without gems. After reading the posts on the new games, I am happy with ZS1.

But.... WHY? You have no problem with Zoo Story?

aiyayu
01-07-12, 04:34 PM
I thought ZS1 was fun until there was nothing else new coins were gonna buy me. Though i gotta say the art for ZS2 looks so good now. Whenever it hits droid I'll play it casually too. Unless there is a gem earning system, then it can have some more of my time.

quentinsmommy
01-07-12, 07:01 PM
It surely seems that Pet Shop is heading in the same direction that ZS1 went.....

bigbux3
01-07-12, 08:29 PM
It surely seems that Pet Shop is heading in the same direction that ZS1 went.....

Pet Shop Story, to me, is harder to navigate than all of TeamLava's other games.

nmishii
01-07-12, 08:37 PM
But.... WHY? You have no problem with Zoo Story?

I have no problem with ZS1. I couldn't handle 4 games so I played it in the background for almost 3 months. I started playing it again recently and it is kind of fun since I am at a low level and have things to work for; in my other 3 games I just sit around and wait for weekly updates. I just need to finish before they release ZS2 to Android because there might not be that many neighbors after that.

bigbux3
01-07-12, 09:32 PM
I have no problem with ZS1. I couldn't handle 4 games so I played it in the background for almost 3 months. I started playing it again recently and it is kind of fun since I am at a low level and have things to work for; in my other 3 games I just sit around and wait for weekly updates. I just need to finish before they release ZS2 to Android because there might not be that many neighbors after that.

Exactly. So... maybe people will transfer.

pinkbarbie123
01-11-12, 10:20 PM
It's curious how when you come to the forums 90% are negative reviewers and many many complaints, yet on the reviews in the app store for these games have 90% 5 stars. Kinda curious? The fact that on there you can vote over and over again without even posting a response makes it a little suspicious to me. But those 3 players or secret employees on here that do a cart wheel for every little thing TL does good or bad make up the positive 10%.

Lilz32b
01-12-12, 12:06 PM
They also get app review clicks from kids who don't know any better and you have to really be sorta smart to find the forums as at least in pet story it doesn't actually tell you the URL or give you a clickable link. Or my game is retarded. I had to use my brain to get to the forums.

Montegoe
01-12-12, 12:41 PM
I wonder what percentage of players actually make it to the forums? Even if it's just to lurk and not post anything. My gut says it's something like 10%.

I will say that for the most part TL doesn't seem to censor the criticism. At least what I can see...who knows there could be thousands of posts that are deleted every day? The ones that are left though are still pretty critical of them and they take it. Some people get annoyed that many threads go on indefinitely with no official word or response from TL, but that's typical of many companies similar to them. There is no "right" answer that satisifes everyone so they play it safe by not responding to the daily doses of venom.

I am not one of TL's "fanboys" and at times have been critical of the way they have handled things. That being said these games are free (unless you're a gem junkie) so when taken in that context it's hard for me to get *too* upset with the way they run things. I don't like being a beta tester on a "released" game any more than anyone else and it's not the fact that they are making tweaks that annoys me, it's the way they are going about it. If it were limited to Friday updates we would have a chance to prepare and plan around that. When they make ninja changes to the games without warning because they are trying to balance the economy and/or the leveling speed to coincide with their development plans and they end up ****ing my babies, THAT is what bothers me.

That being said, they are still just games. If some are *really* THAT upset by them maybe it is time to find another game/company to follow? At some point you have to wonder if dealing with the same issues over and over and then rushing to the forum to nag about it every day is worth the effort...

xSnowyOwlx
01-12-12, 01:10 PM
I find it funny that TL hadn't deleted my posts supporting another developer before people read them. I came here for this post because TL just couldn't stop changing the breeding times over and over again. I got a response to my similar email, and they would "forward" this info to their design team. Next thing you know some of the breeding times changed AGAIN.

pinkster73
01-12-12, 01:23 PM
I find it funny that TL hadn't deleted my posts supporting another developer before people read them. I came here for this post because TL just couldn't stop changing the breeding times over and over again. I got a response to my similar email, and they would "forward" this info to their design team. Next thing you know some of the breeding times changed AGAIN.

They said they would forward it. They never said they wouldn't use it as toilet paper :p

tatertotbug7199
01-21-12, 06:39 PM
Breeding times are a little strange... :(

njmuench
01-24-12, 11:25 AM
Why don't u just playing?

xSnowyOwlx
01-24-12, 11:45 AM
Why don't u just playing?

Your post makes no sense at all. I do assume you meant to put the word "stop" in there so let me tell you why: despite the greediness and stupidity of the developers, I still enjoy the games (well, not the ones they abandoned). The point I was making is they need to get their act together and settle on a breeding time they want for each pet instead of changing it ever so often.

After posting this AND making a similar email, I received an email saying they'd let the design team know. Then of course they changed the breeding times for some animals AGAIN. That is a sign they don't listen to the consumers.

I mean, who among us was ecstatic when the Balinese breeding time changed from 18 hours to 2 days to maybe as much as 5 days (I was already breeding my last Balinese and after it should have said less than 22 hours remaining it said 3 days) and then it was suddenly born the next day.