PDA

View Full Version : What about Australia Day?

mildred_27
01-06-12, 01:54 PM
Hey TL, I'm excited about the new content for Chinese new year but Australia day comes first! (26 January) we could make bakery sweets such as pavlova (meringue type of cake with fruit and cream) or damper (like sour dough bread served with golden syrup). Then in restaurant we could cook prawns on the grill (I think you call them shrimp) or prawn cocktail (like a salad with prawns served in a cocktail glass but still eaten with a fork. Or even Lamb chops for the grill. We even eat kangaroo steaks but not usually for Australia day.*We could also finally include the Australian flag as a decoration or some thongs or something funny. How about recognizing us Aussie players too?

nmishii
01-06-12, 01:58 PM
Chinese New Year is Jan 23, so it comes first.

mildred_27
01-06-12, 02:31 PM
Oh I thought Chinese new year was feb 2! Sorry

pastrychef17
01-06-12, 02:51 PM
I would love for them to release ANZAC cookies for Australia Day :). And pavlova, of course.

iusedtobedigusr
01-06-12, 03:32 PM
LMAO, I got sent a tube of Vegemite and had to eat it on cam and without knowing it should be very "Lightly" spread on toast. Her and her daughter both loved my reaction after first bite. But after eating chocolate covered grasshoppers and ants I managed to get down, and they gave me applause then. So I won't dish any Aussie food.

redbites
01-06-12, 03:35 PM
I think they should definitely add Pavlova!! Look at my signature below

pinkster73
01-06-12, 03:42 PM
I think they should definitely add Pavlova!! Look at my signature below

What? You like pavlova? I had no idea!

marrrina
01-06-12, 09:58 PM
Chinese NY is a lunar holiday so it's not the same day every year. As stated it is January 23rd this year. I think the reason they chose to include something for this holiday is because there is a Chinese population in many parts of the world, thus it is a very well known holiday in many countries outside of China.

mushroom79
01-06-12, 10:03 PM
can we have pineapple tarts pls?

mildred_27
01-09-12, 01:38 PM
Oh yeah! ANZAC biscuits! Nice one!

aiyayu
01-09-12, 01:46 PM
can we have pineapple tarts pls?
Yum, Pineapple Tarts <3 (http://www.tastespotting.com/search/pineapple+tart/1)