PDA

View Full Version : Prices went up AGAIN!

paige1290
01-06-12, 12:20 PM
Prices for Pet Story went up again! Border collie used to be 149 gems, now it's 224. Also, the cheapest gem pet was 7 gems, now it's 11. Breeding times in both Pet Story and Zoo also went up. What is up with that?!?!?!?! So annoying especially since they can't even add on levels to the game.

hotwingzz
01-06-12, 01:01 PM
I don't think I'm gonna play pet shop story there's not been any coin pets or updates well actually I should say no new items or pets just the doubling of gems for stuff it's very annoying now its like 258 for the collie and the gem price for others have gone way up plus no gem sale it says sale on mine but they are not on sale. I guess it pays literally to complain about this game I would have been cute if it didn't cost so much to play it. So sad

hotwingzz
01-06-12, 01:08 PM
Actually mine is saying 298 for the collie not 258 that's totally ridiculous

iusedtobedigusr
01-06-12, 01:15 PM
Yep, just checked and that, 298 now. I guess I'll get more neighbor invites from TL's pet shops that have every animal in them soon, so i can see them all and wanna purchase. NOT

casadolce
01-06-12, 01:15 PM
Perfect! I'm uninstalling. It's a no-brainer for me.

cat2861
01-06-12, 04:46 PM
Yup prices went up after maintanence last night. My border collie is now 224 gems, an extra bed went up from 149 to 199. The 7 gem animals went up to 11 gems. Breeding time went up also. I am breeding a Welsh Corgi which was 18 hrs and now it changed to 2 days. What is going on? This is crazy but yet we can't go past 20 levels and my XP bar won't budge!!!!!!

xSnowyOwlx
01-06-12, 05:03 PM
It's TL. They realized people were buying the border collies - sorry, but thanks a lot to all those people - so they knew they could get at least some people to pay more.

I'm disgusted by this behavior. Without a doubt the greediest company I've ever known.

sourlicorice2
01-06-12, 05:03 PM
Lol TL definetly doesn't want to entice other players to buy gems for this game. I know some will but not as many people will at the crazy prices. Ah well I'll enjoy playing the game for free. Course if no new stuff for coins is added soon I may get bored and quit eventually after I've got all the coin items I can get.

xSnowyOwlx
01-06-12, 05:08 PM
Ok. TL is still greedy, but I don't have any price changes. The Welsh Corgi was never 18 hours for me but a full day (already done breeding so I can't see if that changed) and the prices are all still the same.

What device is everyone using? I have an iPod Touch 3 with iOS 4.3.5 and of course Pet Shop only has 1 release.

LunaMiya808
01-06-12, 05:46 PM
The price for my Siamese to have a mate went up, nearly doubling the coins I needed.

caseya151
01-06-12, 07:56 PM
I started breeding a welsh corgi this morning for 1 day and when i checked on it, it says 3 days...Whats up with that!!

LCAHEARTS
01-06-12, 08:07 PM
I started breeding a welsh corgi this morning for 1 day and when i checked on it, it says 3 days...Whats up with that!!

Ditto! The 18 hour Affenhuahua is now 3 days also. Gem costs and times doubled. Ridiculous and useless.

lovestrains
01-06-12, 08:23 PM
I was wondering why everything seemed different today. I agree that the pets etc. cost way too many gems to continue playing after I have bought the animals available for coins since I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend.

LCAHEARTS
01-06-12, 08:28 PM
I was wondering why everything seemed different today. I agree that the pets etc. cost way too many gems to continue playing after I have bought the animals available for coins since I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend.

And even if you did, why would you? You shouldn't have to. This isn't Sims 3 or Call of Duty or something. It's not worth that much and it sucks the fun out of it all. Who in their right mind pays $60 for a Border Collie GRAPHIC. On top of that, you'd need it's mate and it's puppies, so that makes it $240. Ugh!

Purplum
01-06-12, 09:00 PM
It's obvious people were finishing this game way too fast and they've put in measures to slow people down rather than beefing up content release (or what would have been preferable: holding onto the game & not releasing it until they had fleshed it out better.)

I put a box turtle in the breeder last Sunday. Started out at 7 days, and I had two days left as of today. Suddenly it's up to 16 days or something equally stupid.

And gem costs have also gone way up despite the fact that there's no real way to make gems in the game other than buying them -- sorry, but the odd task reward or winning a forum contest don't really count in my book as a real way to generate gems. I always thought the cost of another breeding spot of 149 gems was absurd...now it's even higher?

I really hope people aren't actually wasting money on buying gems for this game, unless you get 1000 gems per every $5 spent, since this game won't have very many customers for much longer.

dalula
01-06-12, 10:56 PM
It's obvious people were finishing this game way too fast and they've put in measures to slow people down rather than beefing up content release (or what would have been preferable: holding onto the game & not releasing it until they had fleshed it out better.)

I put a box turtle in the breeder last Sunday. Started out at 7 days, and I had two days left as of today. Suddenly it's up to 16 days or something equally stupid.

And gem costs have also gone way up despite the fact that there's no real way to make gems in the game other than buying them -- sorry, but the odd task reward or winning a forum contest don't really count in my book as a real way to generate gems. I always thought the cost of another breeding spot of 149 gems was absurd...now it's even higher?

I really hope people aren't actually wasting money on buying gems for this game, unless you get 1000 gems per every $5 spent, since this game won't have very many customers for much longer.
woah 16 days?! Now that's absurd.

dalula
01-06-12, 10:57 PM
I'm so glad I didnt buy any gems fir this game...

Lilyput
01-07-12, 04:01 AM
They should have taught about the speed at which this entire game goes before doing ridiculous things like making animals cost more and slowing the breeding time of the animals! Instead they go and do ridiculous things like making animals more expensive and now breeding takes much longer! I think I am going to give up on Pet Story!

PattyZhangp
01-09-12, 02:59 PM
:mad: I should have bought the cheap gem pets while they were still 7 gems! Now they cost 11 and I only have 15 gems! :(