PDA

View Full Version : Are they kidding? REALLY???

Montegoe
01-06-12, 11:45 AM
I'm pretty sure they "ninja-changed" the breeding times again.

I was an hour away from having a baby giraffe and now the timer shows 18 hours. They already ****ed 3 different baby capuchin monkeys with their shenanigans of switching breeding times around over the last few weeks. I thought it was stable and they were done messing around. Apparently not.

For those that buy gems and basically make themselves paying beta testers for the games I feel for you.

I know why they are doing it, they don't have enough content to keep people engaged in the game once they reach or near level 30 so their answer is to slow everyone down so it becomes harder to reach level 30. Unfortunately the bad press generated by these major changes to the game already in progess is enough to make me stop playing.

Goodbye Zoo Story 2. You had potential but the lack of direction and stability from your developers has driven me away.

iusedtobedigusr
01-06-12, 11:53 AM
I posted before and will say again till banned. They want to sell company and make a quick buck while doing it.

YES uploads of games went way up after Christmas...DUH. Alot of people got a new IPOD, IPHONE, IPAD, DROID etc that day. Now is the time to keep those people and not turn them away from all your games. Not screw with everyone because your still on a drunk from your "Vacations".

GroupMagma
01-06-12, 12:01 PM
I wrote a response to a similar piece of feedback in this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?22398-What-is-UP-Team-Lava):

Sorry that this is causing a lot of frustration, but this is expected to happen for at least the time being. As this game is still very new, we're still tweaking different numbers around to ensure that the gameplay balance and economy are set to levels that we're happy with. It may cause some temporary annoyances now, but it is for ensuring this game's continued quality down the road, for both new and existing players.

ultrafrog
01-06-12, 12:10 PM
Tweaking numbers with paying customers is ok?

It might be fine if TL was a company with decent customer service but gem traps, exorbitant pricing, and policy of ZERO REFUNDS EVER drives away customers from liking the company and from spending money games.

You're making paying customers beta test your games while taking their money and when things get changed, you don't compensate them in any way.

ultrafrog
01-06-12, 12:18 PM
Also correct me if I'm wrong but some animals cost gems to breed right? This is unlike the older games where recipes only cost coins. If breeding time "expires" then doesn't the player have to spend more gems to recover the animal that they paid gems for to begin with?

If that's true then TL is playing with player's money like it's nothing. These games are about time management. What if someone was planning on having something be ready because they were going somewhere for the weekend and now the times have changed? They just lose out on it because TL was "tweaking numbers"? If a player decides to contact customer service with this issue we all know what it's like; it's like talking to a wall. It's company policy to not refund gems for "player mistakes".

dernhelm
01-06-12, 02:31 PM
I was one day away from my harp seal baby and now it says I still have 15 DAYS! Hahahaha

elliejean
01-06-12, 02:32 PM
The cost of the animals also doubled in price both gems and coins. The panda now costs 278 gems, it was quite costly before but now that's just plain greedy :( Come on TL what are you guys trying to do?

dernhelm
01-06-12, 02:36 PM
Wow, yes they did double the price of animals! Unicorn and lunar dragon double also.

Miquilis
01-06-12, 04:07 PM
I was one day away from my sea lion and now it's 4 days. And the gems price hike is disgusting. Silver back gorillas have doubled too as I suspect all gem priced animals have but that was the only animal I was considering to buy if I ever had the gems so I noted the cost of it — now at 26 gems each I won't. It's 1112 gems for a whole panda family. Really??

Team Lava please reply as to what the thinking behind this was? Do you want no one to play this game? Players comment that too many animals and cross breeds cost gems and with no way to earn gems in the game the gem price is to high. And your solution?? DOUBLE ALL THE GEM PRICES??

imnotbernard959
01-06-12, 04:26 PM
agreed. im deleting this game -.-

ultrafrog
01-06-12, 04:27 PM
They are consistent though.

Complain about gem traps -> add more gem traps
Complain about gem pricing -> double the cost

We should try reverse psychology.

brighnasa
01-06-12, 04:33 PM
There is something else going on. It may be a bug. Gem animals haven't changed on our iPhone account, but they're twice as high on our iPad account.

sourlicorice2
01-06-12, 05:12 PM
I wrote a response to a similar piece of feedback in this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?22398-What-is-UP-Team-Lava):

Umm...tweaking things till TL r happy with them? Shouldn't they be tweaking things so their customers are happy with them?So far I don't think costumers are happy but I guess it's more important for TL to be happy instead of potential paying customers to be. Myself I won't buy gems for this game as the prices r crazy so I don't care what you with the game to tweak it but paying customers I'm sure will have a problem with it.

CityBoss
01-06-12, 05:47 PM
How about tweaking before it's released?! I thought that you guys was playing your on games, and Liked them... After some weeks playing before the big release, shouldn't you have the feel of the game on your meetings by then?

You shouldn't be too eager to release it.... Tweak it just right, then the big release with a fantastic gameexperience! The levelspeed is perfect, the prices are right and don't jump around. I think you got me by now! ;-)

And Please start update this game!!!!!! Don't make the same mistake as with zoo story.... This is GREAT!

iusedtobedigusr
01-06-12, 06:12 PM
I just notified the Republican from my state and after notified Apple and a few other consumer groups. His office will look into it as far as unfair practices etc,. We might never get money back but those Smiling mouthed people over your money will be closed.

lilmow
01-06-12, 06:49 PM
happening upon this thread was both encouraging and disappointing... The good- I kept wondering if I was losing it after my giraffe baby went from an 18 hour breed time when I began it last night to a 2 day breed time this morning and now 8 hours later still has 2 days remaining. Now for the disappointing- apparently this game sucks because they want you to spend all your money on gems, gems, gems and then they go and mess with you. I'm sorry I hate the complainers about these free games, but I have already put way more money into FS, BS, and RS than I would like to even think about and now zoo story 2 (and pet shop story) have come out as two evil games that tempt you with cute little animals at ridiculous gem cost (if I remember correctly, this is why I deleted the first zoo story). looks like once again i will be closing my zoo (and pet shop) because they have now become a pointless and annoying way to waste my time.

FireBoltI
01-06-12, 07:11 PM
Great... they changed it again and now my animal is sick..

Zygron
01-06-12, 07:24 PM
Over $200 for a family of Pandas? Are you out of your [] minds??? SERIOUSLY!!! Apologies for the language but I believe it to be necessary to effectively voice my "WHAT" over this ridiculous price for a bunch of pixels on a phone game.
I just came here to add a few members.

GroupMagma
01-06-12, 07:41 PM
Over $200 for a family of Pandas? Are you out of your [] minds??? SERIOUSLY!!! Apologies for the language but I believe it to be necessary to effectively voice my "WHAT" over this ridiculous price for a bunch of pixels on a phone game.
I just came here to add a few members.

Your feedback is welcome and encouraged, but please do not post foul language in the forums.

Jonezy93
01-06-12, 07:48 PM
Deleting your game won't solve the problem or keep them from ripping new players off.

We need to let potential players know before they get caught in this " we are continuing to tweak the games economy and balance" nonsense.

They are doing the same thing to their other games and taking money, real money, from players, some are kids.

If their iTine ratings started dropping, maybe they would get the hint.

LCAHEARTS
01-06-12, 08:22 PM
Also correct me if I'm wrong but some animals cost gems to breed right? This is unlike the older games where recipes only cost coins. If breeding time "expires" then doesn't the player have to spend more gems to recover the animal that they paid gems for to begin with?

If that's true then TL is playing with player's money like it's nothing. These games are about time management. What if someone was planning on having something be ready because they were going somewhere for the weekend and now the times have changed? They just lose out on it because TL was "tweaking numbers"? If a player decides to contact customer service with this issue we all know what it's like; it's like talking to a wall. It's company policy to not refund gems for "player mistakes".

*bows down* Saved me some typing. Your words are flawless.

LCAHEARTS
01-06-12, 08:26 PM
Sorry that this is causing a lot of frustration, but this is expected to happen for at least the time being. As this game is still very new, we're still tweaking different numbers around to ensure that the gameplay balance and economy are set to levels that we're happy with. It may cause some temporary annoyances now, but it is for ensuring this game's continued quality down the road, for both new and existing players.

Seriously? I guess it's easy to say this when you work for them in one way or another. You can't tell me "tweaking" with people's time and money is right.

inheavenmin
01-06-12, 10:15 PM
YEAH THEY FREAKING DOUBLED THE TIME FOR BREEDING THE BABIES!!
i was just about to collect my fox baby, and then in a blink of an eye, i needed to wait x number of hours.
i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. WHAT THE..?
how that harp of a seal needs like x number of days to breed. SERIOUSLY????????????????????

sarahaddicts
01-07-12, 12:54 AM
I cannot believe they have done this to us, I bought some gems this week to breed a liger and a few other animals. I did want to breed a cheetah but haven't yet as the timings keep changing and I don't want to spend 53 gems on something and then lose it due to team lavas idiotic ways.
These games used to be fun and I have sent a lot of money on gems for farm story and zoo story 1 but until TL get their act togethr I will not be buying anymore gems.
If the game wasn't fully tested before release why not award the people who have spent time and money on basically helping you test the game. You could give all players 200 free gems as a reward but no you won't do that will you, if you did it'd probably be a 2 gem reward.
Maybe you guys should actually start listening to the players instead of doing the opposite of what we all suggest. Maybe you guys should have should customer service lessons.

LCAHEARTS
01-07-12, 01:08 PM
You could give all players 200 free gems as a reward but no you won't do that will you, if you did it'd probably be a 2 gem reward.

200 wouldn't even buy us a Border Collie. TL doesn't care about anything we have to say.

Rachael98
01-09-12, 01:01 PM
200 wouldn't even buy us a Border Collie. TL doesn't care about anything we have to say.

...which is why GM just posted that he appreciates the feedback?^^

nmishii
01-09-12, 01:09 PM
I think its terrible that TL releases their games untested, however, its a free game and people can chose to play it or not, and to buy gems or not, so I don't think they should give out 200 or 2 or any other number of gems to players for "testing" their game. But I do think they should restore gems that players lost because of their errors and unannounced changes.

ultrafrog
01-09-12, 01:11 PM
lol what genius thought that one up?

Hurrr. I wonder what feedback we will get if we double animal prices and breeding times?

pinkster73
01-09-12, 01:13 PM
lol what genius thought that one up?

Hurrr. I wonder what feedback we will get if we double animal prices and breeding times?

Hooray! I love paying double! Oh wait that's not right........

iusedtobedigusr
01-09-12, 01:29 PM
I'm sorry, but have Beta Tested for sites and have used Beta editions of software on my computer. Even had Windows 7 Beta sand-boxed on my computer. Every one that I have ever done stated it was BETA and I had to sign an agreement stating that I knew the risks of using the product etc. etc.etc..

No where on ITunes did I see either of these games referred to as BETA editions or anything stating that downloading this could cause loss of money etc. and you are playing this game at your own risk while you test it for us and we fine tune it.

Nor did I get a POP Up on my IPod saying anything similar and asking me to agree to those terms and conditions.

Rachael98
01-09-12, 01:38 PM
I'm sorry, but have Beta Tested for sites and have used Beta editions of software on my computer. Even had Windows 7 Beta sand-boxed on my computer. Every one that I have ever done stated it was BETA and I had to sign an agreement stating that I knew the risks of using the product etc. etc.etc..

No where on ITunes did I see either of these games referred to as BETA editions or anything stating that downloading this could cause loss of money etc. and you are playing this game at your own risk while you test it for us and we fine tune it.

Nor did I get a POP Up on my IPod saying anything similar and asking me to agree to those terms and conditions.

In the App Store, there is a link to the TeamLava Site at the bottom of the page (by the age rating). A link to the Terms of Service is clearly displayed on the TeamLava Site.
There are also references to the Forums in-game, which have links etc. plus Rules.
The only questionable thing is that we can "Sign up for a Storm8 account! It's completely free and anyone can sign up!" (that may not be word perfect, but near enough).

nmishii
01-09-12, 01:47 PM
Rachael,

I'm one of those who doesn't read the terms of service and goes down to the bottom and accepts them

Does the TL ToS state that they will release software untested and are not responsible for any losses due to their incompetence? Or what does it say about this subject?

ultrafrog
01-09-12, 01:53 PM
I'm sure they have themselves slathered in legalese to cover themselves from every angle.

The players of these games aren't the type to slap a class action lawsuit against TL either.

It should be more about common decency than having players read fine print with magnifying glass stating that TL is free to double prices and times at their whim.

uwantoplay
01-09-12, 03:11 PM
I'm sure they have themselves slathered in legalese to cover themselves from every angle.

The players of these games aren't the type to slap a class action lawsuit against TL either.

It should be more about common decency than having players read fine print with magnifying glass stating that TL is free to double prices and times at their whim.

Now we are getting in to my area of expertise. No player is obligated to make a gem purchase in order to play. A player may make a mistake and spend the free gems they acquired in either downloading or goal completeness. But that does not mean a purchase was required. Have you ever read "play at your own risk" language?? Clears every company of any wrongdoing! Nobody makes you play these free games, and you can stop whenever you decide. I do think constructive feedback is welcomed, but trust me, they don't care about any true monetary losses they have caused you.

Rachael98
01-09-12, 03:38 PM
Rachael,

I'm one of those who doesn't read the terms of service and goes down to the bottom and accepts them

Does the TL ToS state that they will release software untested and are not responsible for any losses due to their incompetence? Or what does it say about this subject?

It doesn't state that they do, but it does let them do it and clears them of any liability to any loss or damage which may be incurred by using their services...

pinkster73
01-09-12, 03:41 PM
I, believe it or not, have read the ENTIRE terms of service for TL, and yes, they can pretty much do whatever they want and you accept that by accepting their tos to play.

Rachael98
01-09-12, 04:17 PM
I, believe it or not, have read the ENTIRE terms of service for TL, and yes, they can pretty much do whatever they want and you accept that by accepting their tos to play.

They can even take all the gems away, and stop providing the service. Or, worse, take all the gems away because they can and not be liable...

queentina3
01-09-12, 09:25 PM
They can even take all the gems away, and stop providing the service. Or, worse, take all the gems away because they can and not be liable...

Isn't that what they're doing now with the gem traps or the force closers as soon as you use your gem to purchase something and when you go back in your gems are gone and you don't have the item you purchased? LOL Of course these are user issues so they don't have to give them back, even though their game force closed on us it was our error. *rolls eyes*

FYI, that rolls eyes wasn't at you, it was at TL. For some reason I can't see the emoticons in here right now. *cries*

felicitybliss
01-09-12, 10:32 PM

Hmmm, don't be so sure....storm 8 already settled a class action lawsuit. Apple is currently fighting a class action lawsuit over purchases in TS, CS, and another identified game from another company. BS gets a mention in court documents...search for meguerian v. Apple, inc. to read the court documents.......

felicitybliss
01-09-12, 10:39 PM
They can write whatever they like. But, I am not sure it would withstand a legal challenge....maybe, but doubtful (except bankruptcy as players would be lowest priority for reimbursement).

pinkbarbie123
01-09-12, 11:18 PM
I don't see any foul language! I think everyone is in shock over the price to play a free game. Ha ha, I'm more offended at gem prices then I am at paragraph marks. I don't play zoo, or pet story bc of what I have heard about the gem prices, but I have to take a look to see myself bc if it's really true then I will have a good laugh for the day.

pinkbarbie123
01-09-12, 11:21 PM

Did they really say tweaking the game per the economy? Hahahaha! I didn't know our economy was doing this well as to spend thousands of dollars on breeding make believe pixel animated pictures.

pinkbarbie123
01-09-12, 11:27 PM
...which is why GM just posted that he appreciates the feedback?^^

I can say I appreciate the feedback too and that would mean about the same as they mean it as I can't do anything about it and they won't do anything about it.

ultrafrog
01-09-12, 11:49 PM
They can write whatever they like. But, I am not sure it would withstand a legal challenge....maybe, but doubtful (except bankruptcy as players would be lowest priority for reimbursement).

Actually I think as TL has us players "by the" so to speak, Apple has TL "by the". Developers pretty much sign over any rights to Apple to get their apps listed in iTunes. It doesn't make much sense to put money + effort into changing TL but I think if many of us started making complaints to Apple then they might tell TL to knock it off or risk some form of punishment.

cakeandpie
01-10-12, 07:31 AM
I'm pretty darn mad right now too!! This morning my capybara was supposed to be ready but the breed time has doubled! It already doubled on the other device I play on but since that was my secondary device, I didn't care as much. But now they've changed on my primary device. For the first time I am considering dropping this game. The breeding times are TOO DARN LONG!!!

LCAHEARTS
01-10-12, 10:13 AM
Actually I think as TL has us players "by the" so to speak, Apple has TL "by the". Developers pretty much sign over any rights to Apple to get their apps listed in iTunes. It doesn't make much sense to put money + effort into changing TL but I think if many of us started making complaints to Apple then they might tell TL to knock it off or risk some form of punishment.

Absolutely.

Montegoe
01-10-12, 10:59 AM
Can we post responses from Apple's support staff here?

LCAHEARTS
01-10-12, 11:00 AM
Can we post responses from Apple's support staff here?

Probably not. TL would probably consider that a private matter....especially if it makes TL look bad. They'd probably mention how they'd like to protect privacy rights *rolls eyes*

ultrafrog
01-10-12, 11:18 AM
You can post a summary of what they said I think. It doesn't have to be direct quotes.

Also, lol the rules are in for TL support, not for Apple support

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-in-the-forum
"Emails between TeamLava Support and our users are not appropriate for this forum."

iusedtobedigusr
01-10-12, 11:30 AM
You can post a summary of what they said I think. It doesn't have to be direct quotes.

Also, lol the rules are in for TL support, not for Apple support

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-in-the-forum
"Emails between TeamLava Support and our users are not appropriate for this forum."

LMAO, Gee a Email that may help others is not appropriate to post in their own forum?
And their own Support after 1-2 Emails sends you to forum too look for answers?
I guess I should post on ESPN's forum.
Wanna know if Emails are restricted from public forums?
I would love to respond to the non response on a few public forums about games.

pinkbarbie123
01-10-12, 01:19 PM
Well I downloaded zoo story 2 to look at what people were talking about on gem prices and I have to say there are no words.....I needed a good laugh though.

08-22-14, 08:23 PM

All contracts are made to be broken nothing is written in stone, so yes they are liable😋