PDA

View Full Version : []What is UP Team Lava?

iusedtobedigusr
01-06-12, 10:42 AM
I just went into Zoo Story 2 to get my coinage. Now my Capucin Monkey that I started 3 hours ago, that was 8 Hours, now has 22 hrs plus to breed. The Big Horned Sheep that was an amazingly high 1.8 million coins to breed is now 3.6 million, Jack rabbit is now 396,000???????

tomamito
01-06-12, 10:48 AM
same with me.. i just finish breeding my sugar glider.. suddenly it start back to 18 hours.. i am so dissapointed.. i want to finish breeding the sugar glider so i could have another animal in my zoo.. :(

driftboutique
01-06-12, 10:57 AM
Outrageous. I have been saving up for this dratted sloth for ages. I was within 10,000 coins, and now it's going to be another month before I can buy it. Great, in four months I can get a family of sloths.

Doubling prices and breeding times is NOT a substitute for legitimate gameplay.

I see the gem animals have gone up in price as well. Classy.

iusedtobedigusr
01-06-12, 11:14 AM
Unless this is a Glitch I have had it. I'll do my local Zoos and yes proud to help and screw TL. I thought this was a release from everyday life, now its more a chore to do and frankly not everyone makes the $$ TL does and can afford to be away 2-3 weeks at a time, then come back and add even stupider ideas on what worked (Guessing too many Mojito's while gone), so I have things to do besides keeping up with their changes.

As an old philosopher once said "IF IT WORKS, DON'T FRACK WITH IT"

sarahaddicts
01-06-12, 11:20 AM
My zoo is the same my polar bear was due to go off in about 2 hours and now it's 2 days. Same has happened on the pet shop aswell. Get it sorted out team lava, it's making me Not want to carry on with the games

iusedtobedigusr
01-06-12, 11:23 AM
Outrageous. I have been saving up for this dratted sloth for ages. I was within 10,000 coins, and now it's going to be another month before I can buy it. Great, in four months I can get a family of sloths.

Doubling prices and breeding times is NOT a substitute for legitimate gameplay.

I see the gem animals have gone up in price as well. Classy.

I finally got 1 sloth on the days waiting for bananas to expand and then the 2 days to expand. Guess he will be lonely for the next 100 years it will take to buy him/her a mate or just die of loneliness.

sarahaddicts
01-06-12, 11:26 AM
Yep the pircesof my animals have all gone uo aswell :/ if team lava want to double breeding times then ok, but don't do it to the animals that are already breeding. I time things to go off when I know I'll be about to put them out so they don't die. Let me guess if the times change again, the animals we've got on breeding will die.
Not impressed, stop trying to p.iss off all ur customers TL

GroupMagma
01-06-12, 11:58 AM
Sorry that this is causing a lot of frustration, but this is expected to happen for at least the time being. As this game is still very new, we're still tweaking different numbers around to ensure that the gameplay balance and economy are set to levels that we're happy with. It may cause some temporary annoyances now, but it is for ensuring this game's continued quality down the road, for both new and existing players.

iusedtobedigusr
01-06-12, 12:05 PM
Sorry that this is causing a lot of frustration, but this is expected to happen for at least the time being. As this game is still very new, we're still tweaking different numbers around to ensure that the gameplay balance and economy are set to levels that we're happy with. It may cause some temporary annoyances now, but it is for ensuring this game's continued quality down the road, for both new and existing players.

In other words, Your team has no clue on how to make a game. We get to beta test without any rewards. And there will be no updates to this game within for-seeable future. We can just breed and save coins to be able to breed for next 3 years.

Montegoe
01-06-12, 12:12 PM

So basically you are confirming that TL released the game when it wasn't ready for release. It really is a beta test.

How does TL compensate those who pay gems to breed a specific animal, the time to breed gets changed, and when they finally wait out the new breed time and suffer the "out-of-sync" error that comes along with the changing of the breeding times, they can't place the aniumal and it's gone? Animal, gone. Gems, gone. Then support chimes in with the standard "sorry, we don't refund player transactions"...

GM I feel sorry for you too as well as those who lose money to play a beta game. You're on the front line of these issues trying to handle them as best you can in the forums while the decision makers sit in a meeting somewhere laughing about the stacks of money in their office.

Nowhere does it say that Zoo Story 2 is a beta game and that users should be prepared to lose items or have the parameters of the game changed mid stream.

iusedtobedigusr
01-06-12, 12:12 PM
BTW, this game came out almost a month ago, and has been tweeked a lot already. As my dear old Grandpa said "**** or get off the pot".

driftboutique
01-06-12, 12:21 PM

I don't have a problem with the concept of changes so much as I do with two things: that the changes are applied to animals that are already breeding, and that the substance of the changes themselves is only serving to further unbalance the game economy.

In another thread, someone did the math and showed that it will take 180 days to get one big-horned sheep. That's absurd. It is extremely difficult to earn money in the game and there is no way to earn gems.

The changes seem to be predicated on the belief that by giving level 30 players like me impossible-to-reach goals it will keep us engaged in the game until such time as you have the bandwidth to create more content, but I question the validity of that premise.

iusedtobedigusr
01-06-12, 01:00 PM
I don't have a problem with the concept of changes so much as I do with two things: that the changes are applied to animals that are already breeding, and that the substance of the changes themselves is only serving to further unbalance the game economy.

In another thread, someone did the math and showed that it will take 180 days to get one big-horned sheep. That's absurd. It is extremely difficult to earn money in the game and there is no way to earn gems.

The changes seem to be predicated on the belief that by giving level 30 players like me impossible-to-reach goals it will keep us engaged in the game until such time as you have the bandwidth to create more content, but I question the validity of that premise.

I added and now have over 400 ice cream stands that I was doing every waking hour to get the coins needed to even breed or expand. Guess what? after the new update I have given up on all of it. I hope like in the movie 12 Monkeys... my Zoo invades TL's offices and are hungry.

buffykins
01-06-12, 01:52 PM
This game is getting ridiculous!! I set off a sea lion to breed that should have been 2 days so it should go off tomorrow night. I've come on here tonight and it's got 12 hours left!! I'll not be able to get on my game in 12 hours as I'm in work so my sea lion is going to die!!!! Not impressed at all!! If the time is actually 1.5 days to breed then why doesmit say 2 days!!! There are many things on this game that are annoying the hell out of me and it's all the fault od team lava and the fact that they keep changing things I.e breeding times, they are greedy I.e gem quantities for animals, and the fact that 2 days actually means 1.5 days!!! It costs coins to breed so I'm going to lose coins and of course team lava will not compensate me for this!!! If it had cost me gems then it would have been even worse!!! I have decided not to leave the game as I love my zoo and my animals but I will not be buying any more gems ever again as I'm worried I'll lose them due to lava changing things yet again. Make your mind up on breeding times and keep them the same!! I'm not putting any more money into team lava,they have had enough of my cash!!!I'm not on my own with these complaints but TL seem to not care and not do anything about it!!!

ggggdave
01-06-12, 01:56 PM
Let's see, they never bothered to update Zoo 1 after months of promises. Now they come out with zoo2, and the update isn't really an update, but just making things more expensive and take longer. Good job.

chzbrz
01-06-12, 03:01 PM
I have thought for a long time that teamlava is a poorly run company that takes great advantage of people and their money, but I have continued to play some of the games that I enjoy. This is driving me nuts now though and I'm ready to say the hell with teamlava and all their future releases. This game has been out for a month and is constantly being "tweaked." I started breeding an anteater before bed last night and it said 18 hrs. Got home from working expecting it to be finished----SURPRISE, still 2 days to go!!! Seriously wtf? This is not making gameplay more exciting as they claim, rather it's becoming so frustrating that it is a chore.

enaid03
01-06-12, 03:15 PM
My Harp Seal is now 14 days. This is ridiculous. Temporary annoyances? Not only is this game overly expensive, but making changes to something in progress is absurd.

dessertsplus
01-06-12, 03:29 PM
Are you kidding me? Sorry for the frustration!? You guys are unbelievable!

I paid gems to breed my Bengal cats and waiting 7 fricken days is bad enough because you can't breed anything else until this one is done! Halfway through breeding TL changes time left to 19 days left! That's ridiculous and plain stupid. Now I can't breed anything else for 3 weeks. Oh, unless I want to spend $50 to buy another nursery bed... Not!!!

What a joke. I quit Pet Shop & Zoo Story 2. Pass it on gamers, this is just plain stupid. The game sucks now!

enaid03
01-06-12, 03:37 PM
There is something to enticing your early users (aka bug testers) by giving incentives to play the game. I can't understand the rationale to anger them early on with changes and poor pricing. Happy players make a successful product.

pinkster73
01-06-12, 03:39 PM
By the time Android gets these games available to us you guys will still be breeding your first animal. Ok that's an exaggeration, but not by much

brighnasa
01-06-12, 04:52 PM
There is something to enticing your early users (aka bug testers) by giving incentives to play the game. I can't understand the rationale to anger them early on with changes and poor pricing. Happy players make a successful product.

Is this game still in Beta then? I think they should have stated that.

aiyayu
01-06-12, 05:10 PM
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1359/zs2b.jpg
I dunno about y'all, but that should be the loading screen ;P

enaid03
01-06-12, 05:26 PM
Is this game still in Beta then? I think they should have stated that.

I said bug testers based on the comment below. You don't tweak a market ready product after its been released to the levels they have and are unless it hasn't been thoroughly tested prior to launch.

Montegoe
01-06-12, 05:50 PM
@aiyayu - That updated loading screen is a classic. Nice job!

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-06-12, 06:48 PM
That happened to me in Bakery Story.

57Speckman
01-06-12, 07:11 PM

To TeamLava (if you're listening): I have to agree with enaid03. You have the opportunity to turn us existing players into promoters of your products if you would simply be more player-friendly. With your current practices, you are not even giving us a chance to enjoy these games...and believe me, we are trying! But by changing prices and game parameters to try to squeeze every penny out of us and flatly refusing to work with anybody who has lost money through an abrupt game change or malfunction, you are alienating those people who could have been your most loyal patrons. Through your seemingly inconsiderate actions, you are turning your promoters into non-promoters. Sometimes it feels like you are trying to get me to dislike your games 

sarahaddicts
01-07-12, 02:14 AM
Have just been on zoo and the big hired sheep is down to around 50,000 and a porcupine has been added. Also levels gone upto level 35 now. The orang-utan and sloth are still stupid amounts of money. The breeding times are also still messed up. This game is so bugged :/

aiyayu
01-07-12, 02:52 AM
I think that if a disclaimer was stated outfront that the game wasn't completed and that there were gonna be changes with no notice beyond the intial one, there would be a whole lot less rage right about now.

And starting the beta testers with like 150 free gems for all the they will be put through may help too. Its not like you'd really be using real money for your ginea pigs. I dunno what the gem prices in ZS2 are like, but trying to profit in Petshop Story from that over priced dog is sooo not right whilst in beta stages.

Farmaniac
01-07-12, 06:12 AM
The only way to make yourself clear is to consequently NOT spending real money on it. Don't buy gems until you're happy with the game. Only then they will listen.

xinaroyall
01-07-12, 09:55 AM
Team lava- maybe you could avoid some of this frustration buy giving us a one time price option as many other games do. You can leave the free version as it is and have a paid version that would allow users to access all the animals with no hidden costs or ads. I would be happy to pay $5 - $10 to have full access to the game without encountering sudden hidden fees- like needing a lot of gems to crossbreed. I am not going to buy more than $5 worth of gems ever anyway.

Either that or have a free way to earn gems as you do in farm story. Though it takes a long time it keeps the game fun for everyone.

Montegoe
01-07-12, 10:41 AM
I agree with xina. I am more likely to pay a one time fee for app store games like this than I am ever going to submit to seriously overpriced micro transactions in games. In the case of the latest releases it's more like MACRO transactions. There's no way in hell I am going to buy a second breeding slot for what amounts to $40 or some pet/animal that's going to ost me $100 or more to complete the "family". That's ludicrous. When you put your pricing at that level I am going to put those gaming dollars towards a PC or console game. Maybe I am not your target market as I consider myself a gamer and you might care more about the casual folks who only play the casual app store games. Still even those folks would find more value for their dollar at popcap or bigfish.

If you sold the app for $9.99 and stopped all the traps, the pop-ups advertising other faulty games, and focused on making a solid game that wasn't trying to gouge me at every turn I wonder if it would be more successful for you? You seem hell bent on tweaking things every week in an effort to find what you think works best, why not make a game where we pay up front and most content is available without the micro transactions to see how popular (i.e. if it generates more $$ for you) that format is compared to your current business model? I have a feeling the lion share of your players don't spend real money on your games. Based on the number of inactive neighbors I see in each game it would seem quite a few download, try the game, then quit. If you charged an upfront fee they would be more invested in the game from the start and those times when someone feels like they've been *****ed and quits your game might not happen as often as we read about here on a daily basis because you're getting at least $9.99 from everyone up front rather than hoping 1 out of 100 downloads results in a micro transaction.

You want us to give you ideas on what the next "story" should be? How about one that doesn't follow the same model you've been using? I know you're a business and you need to cover your overhead and make a profit but you're alienating us with your current strategy.

buffykins
01-07-12, 01:52 PM
Agree with all the comments on here!! After my rant last night, my sea lion had changed times from 2 days to 1.5 days, I went on here this morning to find my sea lion had finished and was sick:(:(:( it had changed hours yet again!! Twice changing in one breed time,honestly that is just stupid and very irritating:( I hate to think of my little sea lion dying so used 3 gems!! Stupid me for using gems but as I have said, I WILL NOT be buying any more gems as I'm fed up of how greedy TL are at increasing prices to stupid levels, and causing us to lose items we have paid for!! Get it sorted TL or you will lose players and therefore money!! We are all not stupid and made of money!!

sb71cyclist
01-08-12, 08:19 AM
I agree with xina. I am more likely to pay a one time fee for app store games like this than I am ever going to submit to seriously overpriced micro transactions in games. In the case of the latest releases it's more like MACRO transactions. There's no way in hell I am going to buy a second breeding slot for what amounts to $40 or some pet/animal that's going to ost me $100 or more to complete the "family". That's ludicrous. When you put your pricing at that level I am going to put those gaming dollars towards a PC or console game. Maybe I am not your target market as I consider myself a gamer and you might care more about the casual folks who only Jplay the casual app store games. Still even those folks would find more value for their dollar at popcap or bigfish.

If you sold the app for $9.99 and stopped all the traps, the pop-ups advertising other faulty games, and focused on making a solid game that wasn't trying to gouge me at every turn I wonder if it would be more successful for you? You seem hell bent on tweaking things every week in an effort to find what you think works best, why not make a game where we pay up front and most content is available without the micro transactions to see how popular (i.e. if it generates more $$ for you) that format is compared to your current business model? I have a feeling the lion share of your players don't spend real money on your games. Based on the number of inactive neighbors I see in each game it would seem quite a few download, try the game, then quit. If you charged an upfront fee they would be more invested in the game from the start and those times when someone feels like they've been *****ed and quits your game might not happen as often as we read about here on a daily basis because you're getting at least $9.99 from everyone up front rather than hoping 1 out of 100 downloads results in a micro transaction.

You want us to give you ideas on what the next "story" should be? How about one that doesn't follow the same model you've been using? I know you're a business and you need to cover your overhead and make a profit but you're alienating us with your current strategy.

Very interesting post, in my case, I don't tend to download any games that will costume something upfront, technically you can request a refund if you don't like it but it's a hassle. Personally, my addiction to TL games was slow going, started with FS then BS & RS, tried a few others but have stayed loyal to those three and spent 7.99 in each on gems (that I didn't need), I felt I owed them something for all the hours of play, but that hasn't even come into lay for PS & ZS2, a gem purchase is too early for me yet and these two games have made it clear that they only really want paying customers for them. I saw a post yesterday from someone stating they have already spent 100$, that simply amazes me. Anyway, not sure the upfront cost model would work, but some kind of upgrade cost might, but then again, if they have millions playing and only 1% is willing to make continuous gem purchases, then it might be worth it financially to allleniate the majority and favor the minority paying their bills...

buffykins
01-08-12, 09:17 AM
Oh my god this game gets worse!! I crossbred a liger this morning and it's just arrived.whilst it was breeding my game went offline and when it came back on prices of animals have changed YET again and gone down in gems and coinsSo when my liger finished I checked how much it cost to crossbreed one now! What a surprise, it's gone down!! It cost me 4 gems more this morning than it does now!! How p.issued off am I that I have wasted 4 gems on this game!! I have already wasted 3 gems on rescuing my dying sea lion. So team lava please explain to me why I have wasted a total of 7 gems when I didn't need to?

buffykins
01-08-12, 09:20 AM
Please will someone from team lava or a mod please explain to me how they can justify me losing 7 gems because they keep changing the game too many times without warning us!! I hate this game now and lava have ruined any enjoyment on here now!!

ultrafrog
01-08-12, 10:46 AM
Team lava- maybe you could avoid some of this frustration buy giving us a one time price option as many other games do. You can leave the free version as it is and have a paid version that would allow users to access all the animals with no hidden costs or ads. I would be happy to pay $5 - $10 to have full access to the game without encountering sudden hidden fees- like needing a lot of gems to crossbreed. I am not going to buy more than $5 worth of gems ever anyway.

Either that or have a free way to earn gems as you do in farm story. Though it takes a long time it keeps the game fun for everyone.

You know how much money TL would lose if they went to a paid version for $5-10 which unlocked everything in the game?

$5 gets you a random gift box.

$20 is what gets taken away from stepping on a gem trap completing all your preparations costs (90 gems)

I'm surprised there isn't more outrage really - look at how players are being toyed with.

Existing breed times were doubled without notice and prices doubled without notice. Players should be refunded for any lost animals due to this.

After prices were toyed with again and reverted to what they were before players should be refunded if they bought anything for a higher price.

It's not right that players are spending real money with zero benefit to beta test games for TL.

otterette
01-08-12, 07:57 PM
I agree with all the outrage, this is unbelievable. Team Lava, you are truly alienating all your players with your ridiculous prices and their conspired necessity. I play a ton of these types of games, and never have I encountered one that was so player-unfriendly! Goals that take more gems to complete than you earn?? $4.99 for only 24 gems? Come on. I was going to buy a bundle of gems, but now I cannot, out of principle. How do you expect to remain appealing and draw in more players, when ALL other games of this sort are far more player-friendly? You might be able to grift a few bucks out of a small handful of rubes, but that's about it. And meanwhile, you are generating nothing but increasingly negative press for the game. How does this make sense??

farmer217
01-09-12, 08:37 PM
I just went to place my flying monkey baby and it now has 18 more hours to go!

TL listen to your dedicated players and stop messing with the breeding times. This is soooo not cool!

farmer217
01-09-12, 08:40 PM
I forgot to add:

And there's no cancel button, so I'm stuck waiting!

TL, If you're going to change breeding times, please give us the option to continue or not if we want!

AbbyRoad
01-09-12, 11:02 PM

This applies to Pet Shop Story, but I'm sure is relevant to Zoo Story 2 as well. I was breeding a GEM animal and when it said it would be ready I clicked on it and it was already sick. I payed money for gems and TeamLava is just ripping us off while they are "balancing their economies". This is not an annoyance, you are ripping us off for real money. I will discontinue supporting your games if this is your attitude towards your customers.:mad:

barleycoon
01-10-12, 01:14 AM
This applies to Pet Shop Story, but I'm sure is relevant to Zoo Story 2 as well. I was breeding a GEM animal and when it said it would be ready I clicked on it and it was already sick. I payed money for gems and TeamLava is just ripping us off while they are "balancing their economies". This is not an annoyance, you are ripping us off for real money. I will discontinue supporting your games if this is your attitude towards your customers.:mad:
I'm sorry this happened to you, if you have concerns regarding your gems. Email support@teamlava.com including your storm8 ID, the game it occurred on. Support will be able to check your game for you.

uwantoplay
01-10-12, 05:00 AM
I forgot to add:

And there's no cancel button, so I'm stuck waiting!

TL, If you're going to change breeding times, please give us the option to continue or not if we want!

Has anybody noticed that we can "abandon" a crossbreed but can't with just the normal breeding?? This I think applies to both Zoo2 and Pet. I know I asked, even begged, for a cancel button, but to allow us tk stop crossbreeding, but not just breeding, makes absolutely no sense at all! Somebody please explain why we can "abandon" an animal crossbreeding but cannot from breeding. Any logic in this?? And why not just add the "abandon" to the breeding. A lot Of players have asked TL for this, why not give it to us. It's not like TL isn't changing things all the time, like Breeding TIMES.

cakeandpie
01-10-12, 07:24 AM
Ugh, my breeding times have changed AGAIN! First a few days ago they changed on one of my devices but stayed the same on the first, the primary one I play on. Today, my capybara (on my primary device) should have been ready this morning but the breed time had doubled!

If, after my capybara is done, I see that the breed times have doubled for all the other animals as well, I just may well abandon this game. It takes too darn long to do anything anyway (expand, breed with only one nest) but now it is just beyond ludicrous. You NEVER change the breed times for the BETTER, only for WORSE.

I have to imagine that people are leaving this game in droves. I would change things back toot sweet for the sake of your business!

sourlicorice2
01-10-12, 08:10 AM
Reading these posts just confirms that though Ill continue to enjoy playing the game, I'll never spend a single penny on Zoo 2 and Pet Story.

cakeandpie
01-10-12, 09:53 AM
The prices of animals doubled on my other device too, though fortunately not yet on my primary device. I'm getting really fed up, and judging from how few gifts and and material request fulfillments I receive from my neighbors, a lot of them have gotten fed up and left too.

pinkbarbie123
01-12-12, 11:44 PM
I agree with most everyone! What's annoying to me is that TL doesn't respond to any of their real customers comments and questions about these games. The rules state to come to the forum, but the only responders are people that are wannabe TL employees which confuses those of us who come here for answers. Sometimes I think I'm talking to an employee and find out it's just someone trying to get to 10,000 posts or whatever. We want actual responses from actual employees when we have issues.

pinkster73
01-13-12, 12:16 AM
I agree with most everyone! What's annoying to me is that TL doesn't respond to any of their real customers comments and questions about these games. The rules state to come to the forum, but the only responders are people that are wannabe TL employees which confuses those of us who come here for answers. Sometimes I think I'm talking to an employee and find out it's just someone trying to get to 10,000 posts or whatever. We want actual responses from actual employees when we have issues.

This is a forum, not a question/answer board to only speak to TL employees. Just saying.

Rachael98
01-13-12, 12:38 AM

No one, to my knowledge, who is currently high up on the post list has a particular desire to get to 10,000 posts by posting trash. The top three, definitely, I know are always trying to be helpful.

TL employees say that they are either at the bottom or side of the post. They are GroupMagma, DaojinWildfire.

barleycoon
01-13-12, 05:04 AM
Most of the users on the forum try to help, I really enjoy helping others. I also do not care what my post count is, I never will. Often I try to find out more information or try to help solve the issue so it saves time for the moderators and TL staff. Please explain if your confused with any answers given, we will all do our best to help with any of your issues.
Also sometimes players are very distressed, so it's helps that someone has taken the time to listen to their concern/issue.
when players are very angry about issues, it can help to diffuse the situation and help to find a solution. The TL staff help so many players on the forum and most times give their input/updates too.

Jonezy93
01-13-12, 05:26 AM
I'm sorry this happened to you, if you have concerns regarding your gems. Email support@teamlava.com including your storm8 ID, the game it occurred on. Support will be able to check your game for you.

Not nice to lead people on! I DID ask support for help and received nada! Just another apology for the frustration and more waste of my time.

Save yourselves the trouble and stop buying gems.

barleycoon
01-13-12, 05:34 AM
Not nice to lead people on! I DID ask support for help and received nada! Just another apology for the frustration and more waste of my time.

Save yourselves the trouble and stop buying gems.

I have never led anyone on, I simply advised to contact TL support. It's TL who decide and make decisions, not me.
All I have ever done is to try to help and advice to the best of my knowledge, I really don't know why I bother sometimes.
Its fine, everyone direct your anger at me everything's my fault and I'm to blame.

Jonezy93
01-13-12, 05:47 AM

Time for a new quote TL. This is word for word what I received when I emailed Support. It is also the same thing that was posted in response to other threads.

Copy, paste, post is not a valid response to our growing frustration with TL

Shamrock1963
01-13-12, 11:48 PM

That's their attitude towards their customers. They have shown it repeatedly over many months.

sourlicorice2
01-14-12, 01:03 AM
I have never led anyone on, I simply advised to contact TL support. It's TL who decide and make decisions, not me.
All I have ever done is to try to help and advice to the best of my knowledge, I really don't know why I bother sometimes.
Its fine, everyone direct your anger at me everything's my fault and I'm to blame.

Just so you know some people appreciate you trying to lend a hand and advice even if we may not always agree with what you say :-) I'm sry to see people have responded badly to you for just doing your best to help out. Yes it would be nice if TL would respond and the moderators do a wonderful job. But moderators have I'm sure a hard time keeping up and it's nice to have other players help out when they can. I have gotten great advice from several players who don't work for TL :-)

nmishii
01-14-12, 05:40 AM
Some of the best help comes from those who play the game and have experienced, or are experiencing the same as you. And from those who may not have experienced what you are, but have read about the problem seen in other threads and can offer that solution. These people are on the forum to help, not to increase their post count.

But when people trying to help do not know what the problem is and do not know what specifically resolves the problem and are giving a general solution that may or may not be applicable, or are asking the person for information that has nothing to do with the problem or solution, or are just telling the person to contact support before others who can answer have the opportunity, those people really aren't helping in all cases and are often wasting people's time. When people constantly sound like they may be a moderator or a TL employee it is worse. And those people deserve whatever feedback is given by the community. This is in general, not talking about anyone in particular, as some people have done one or more of what I just mentioned, including myself.

ultrafrog
01-14-12, 11:32 AM
I think it's misleading to ask users to contact support like there's somehow a chance that the player will get a fair resolution out of it.

You might say that yeah, the player has a "chance" (lol!) to get gems back from stepping on a gem trap but really who are we fooling here?

We all know support will say to that.

That's why players aren't allowed to post support responses in the forum. Players would realize that they've all been had.. Support only has a couple canned responses they try to force players to accept when they don't have a good resolution to the issue.

nmishii
01-14-12, 11:49 AM
On a gem trap or coin loss, I'll always tell the person that TL will not refund them.

When a person loses gems and can't figure out why or it was in an out of sync, I'll suggest they contact support and if support has records of the transaction they'll let them know what they were spent on and give them the missing item, if they didn't get it. It'll at least put to closure what the gems were spent on according to the gospel, whether they believe it or not.

But if I read a post and had no idea what the solution may be, I wouldn't copy and paste a suggestion to contact support, just so I could post something to "help." That is wasting the OP's time and can cause them to unnecessarily experience the frustrations of Support. And they might lash back at the person wrongly suggesting that.

ariesblu
01-14-12, 04:00 PM
I think it's wonderful to help, but sometimes one could help by acknowleding their limitations and being realistic about expectations. Sometimes it's better to have the people who are either experienced with the issue, or actually working for the company answer a concern first rather than suggesting something that may be irrelevant to the issue.

kooky panda
01-14-12, 04:11 PM
okay guys this thread is getting off topic here.
Yes sometimes members that are trying to help may not have perfect answers, but this is an open forum for all members to be able to post in a thread as long as they stay on topic and follow the forum rules.

the O.P. will sometimes get different responses from different members for their issues and they can pick the ones that they feel apply to their situation and ignore the other ones.

If someones sees a post, that can damage or totally mislead the OP, please contact a moderator or community manager (http://forums.teamlava.com/showgroups.php) .