PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion & Question

mixxed
01-06-12, 01:08 AM
Where can a person post for support from Team Lava?

My suggestion is to make a confirmation window when purchasing items that use gems. Maybe giving it the option to disable in settings for those who do not want it.

I am trying to contact Team Lava regarding two accidental purchases.
- 1 Fruit Flower ( no clue on cost as I didn't even see myself tap it) and
- 1 Candy Bowl (24 gems) that somehow got random tapped during a slow refresh this morning when collecting tips. I wasn't even on the purchase/edit screen which makes it more frustrating. Was just tapping on my tables to clear room for more tips and wham 24 gems.

Very upsetting!

nmishii
01-06-12, 01:13 AM
On the gem purchases, TL does not refund purchases, even if accidental.

Let me find a link on the confirmation...

nmishii
01-06-12, 01:16 AM
Here's a thread for a gem purchase confirmation. Note that there are several threads suggesting some sort of confirmation, but none has gone anywhere.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16407-Gem-cash-confirm-purchase-campaign

mixxed
01-07-12, 05:57 AM
Well that is sad. I would think they would want to give the gems back so people could use them on what they wanted and thus leave a good feeling in the person so they would be more inclined to purchase more gems. I mean. If they tell me to go myself then I won't be using real money to buy anything in their game. Probably will just remove their apps from my phone since I got plenty of other free downloaded games to waste my time with. Why give them something when they treat customers like is my theory.

Has anyone contacted the Better Business Bureau? Or maybe even Johnny Coghlan? There's an article on Appmodo about him that says hes "VP of Business Development for TeamLava". Not exactly sure if that means contacting him would do squat considering everyone seems to complain that TeamLava Support is nothing more than a joke of a scripted loop. Im still waiting on a reply to my email from the support@teamlava email I sent. Took a week to get a response from the first email I sent. So i imagine sometime next week I will hear back about my gem problem.

Interview: http://appmodo.com/36766/interview-with-johnny-coghlan-of-teamlava/

BBB links with TeamLava ?

http://our.bbb.org/NYC/Public/Reports/RR/Print.aspx?firm=122553
( 4 complaints) http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/games-and-supplies/teamlava-in-redwood-city-ca-376341
( 5 complaints) http://www.bbb.org/NYC/Business-Reviews/internet-gaming/teamlava-llc-in-new-york-ny-122553/

If they really are milking people and giving zero support and don't give a. Maybe everyone needs to start filing complaints and giving bad reviews on the appstore... So they don't get ranked in the top games and just milk more people.

josey12
01-11-12, 11:01 AM
I don't think there's any hope with the gem situation. I now own a stupid fruit flower arangement that I don't even have out because I don't have room for it.

mixxed
01-23-12, 09:12 AM
That's funny. The first item that I magically purchased was the fruit flower. I didn't even know what it was until I went digging through inventory lol.

I honestly don't see the hardship or harm in them taking the items back and giving the gems since we will be still using them in their app. I mean, if they had given those 48 gems back to me...I would have sunk more money into buying more. However, since they told me to [] I won't buy any more gems no matter how badly i want to finish a goal. I will use it for the free app it is. Only wish every player decided not to give them any more cash after falling victim of the gem loss, cause then it would make a big enough difference they would consider change. But as is, their pockets get lined so they don't care. They can continue to run the player base over.

atlantisonearth
01-23-12, 09:22 AM
I am sorry you are experiencing these issues :(

The reason they dont refund gems is because you may target something out of a box and not get what you want; then you would email support and tell them that they "accidentally" clicked on it, therefor they would get hundreds of emails asking them for gems back (until you get what you want).

I understand you didnt purchase something out of a box, but I dont think support will make any exceptions. :( I hope TeamLava considers a confirmation button, it has been an idea for nearly a year :rolleyes: If they can make so many ads and popups, why cant they make a popup saying "Are you sure you wish to purchase this item"?

Regards,
Atlantis

mixxed
01-23-12, 12:18 PM
Thanks. But Ive come to terms with two rep's telling me to [] already. Bad on their part cause im not one of the people who will turn around and buy more gems after they slap me in the face. Im sure my lack of buying gems won't hurt them with all the others who still do *shrug*.

If they haven't added a confirmation by now, I doubt they will.

Why should they when they have SO many people who continue to buy and even those who were wronged still buy more gems. Empty threats don't yield a result. And this applies to any company...the numbers show they can treat people like [] and still profit so they do. And will continue to until "the people" stand behind their words and make a noticeable dent.

MidnightAeval
01-23-12, 01:33 PM
The things that the VP says in that interview over a year ago really contradicts the 'changes' they have pushed in the last few weeks.

"They need to be appealing and accessible to players, as well as offer unparalleled depth to encourage fans to keep playing.."

"We always listen to feedback from fans and treat them as family, to ensure that we are providing the best support and new free game content at all times."

"We also answer any customer questions and often implement cool ideas that they suggest to us!"

"Our fans and supporters are a great at generating word-of-mouth buzz for our games. We recognize that and are always expanding our efforts to keep them excited and enjoying playing as much as possible."

atlantisonearth
01-23-12, 01:40 PM
Where did you see this?

queentina3
01-23-12, 01:44 PM
Yeah there is buzz for the games, negative buzz. I wonder if HE realizes how much these changes have turned any positive feedback they once received into negative, or is he playing ostrich?

pinkster73
01-23-12, 02:42 PM
WOW... look at those angry customer comments

Wow is right. All would be ok with a confirmation button.

ultrafrog
01-23-12, 02:46 PM
A lot of complaints were from before apple put it an option to have to enter in id/password before making in app purchases. Parents that let their small kids play get surprised when their kid racks up hundreds of dollars charges for "virtual items".

That was also when TL hardly updated their games so there were a lot of complaints that their "weekly updates" was a total lie.

Mystery boxes have always been very unfavorable. It doesn't make sense to try to go for a grand prize item.. it's a gamble after all. 1% chance to get it. At 5 bucks a pop you'll be very poor before getting the item you want.