PDA

View Full Version : Losing Coins in Restaurant Story

lynnbump
01-05-12, 09:33 AM
For the past week, I have continuously lost coins in my restaurant story game. When I open the game, the money I earned shows in the coin total then immediately rolls back to the total it showed before I closed the game previously.

Sometimes I can get the coin total to increase to correct earnings by quickly visiting a neighbor then returning to my own restaurant. But this morning, I lost 78,000 overnight coins and couldn't get them back.

Losing coins is defeating the purpose of playing this game. It's incredibly frustrating taking the extra steps to regain my coins (sometimes in vain) and is making me want to stop playing.

Team Lava, please help!

lynnbump
01-05-12, 09:41 AM
Uggh! Since I posted I lost 10,000 more coins. Seriously, I'm ready to stop!

lynnbump
01-05-12, 10:18 AM
Sorry, in my frustration, I forgot to include the following:

Device: Android
Version: 1.3.2
Issue: listed above
no screenshot to share

mimirivera
01-05-12, 10:38 AM
Try opening your RS, tap on one of your tables (just until it says something like "white table", and leave your restaurant open. Your door cannot be blocked. It takes a while, but you should see your coins build back up. Hope this helps!

lynnbump
01-05-12, 10:58 AM
Hi Mimi...thanks for the tip. I tried it and it helped regain the 3,000 or so coins I've earned in the past 15 minutes. Hopefully, this can help me not lose more until Team Lava fixes the bug. Unfortunately, this morning I started with 2.56 million coins and am now barely holding on to 2.48 million. I hope this can be resolved soon!

Rachael98
01-05-12, 11:06 AM
Hi Mimi...thanks for the tip. I tried it and it helped regain the 3,000 or so coins I've earned in the past 15 minutes. Hopefully, this can help me not lose more until Team Lava fixes the bug. Unfortunately, this morning I started with 2.56 million coins and am now barely holding on to 2.48 million. I hope this can be resolved soon!

You may wish to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com) so that they can look into your account for you:).

lynnbump
01-05-12, 11:21 AM
Hi Rachael! I actually started with the email and received an email from TeamLava support that read:

"Thanks for your email. It looks like you are attempting to report a bug or glitch. This is an automated response; if you are not interested in reporting a bug, please let us know in your reply.

We have recently changed the way we accept bug reports and we now ask that you please visit our forums to report new bugs or glitches or to learn more about existing issues.

Your can access the forums by following this link: http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?70-TeamLava-Bugs-and-Feedback"

So here I am :-(

kooky panda
01-05-12, 11:32 AM
lynnbump: This is just an automatic email, a support agent should also respond back shortly. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20573-Explanation-about-Support

mimirivera: thanks for the tip for a temp fix for this.

lynnbump
01-05-12, 11:35 AM
lynnbump: This is just an automatic email, a support agent should also respond back shortly. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20573-Explanation-about-Support

mimirivera: thanks for the tip for a temp fix for this.

Thanks Kooky Panda...I'll try to be patient.

nmishii
01-05-12, 11:41 AM
There have been many losing coins and GM once posted that they have identified a fix and it'll be released in a manual update. That was in late Nov or early Dec, before the new games and goals were released. TL released new versions for both iOS and Android and the problem still exists.

When will this problem be fixed? Or has it been fixed and its now on a case-by-case basis and everyone should send an email to support?

I have also been losing coins, and would like for it to stop.

lynnbump
01-05-12, 12:49 PM
There have been many losing coins and GM once posted that they have identified a fix and it'll be released in a manual update. That was in late Nov or early Dec, before the new games and goals were released. TL released new versions for both iOS and Android and the problem still exists.

When will this problem be fixed? Or has it been fixed and its now on a case-by-case basis and everyone should send an email to support?

nmisshii, ironically I didn't start losing coins until after I downloaded the latest update. I definitely hope it gets fixed. It's crazy to spend hours on this game cooking food only to earn nothing from it!

nmishii
01-05-12, 01:04 PM
nmisshii, ironically I didn't start losing coins until after I downloaded the latest update. I definitely hope it gets fixed. It's crazy to spend hours on this game cooking food only to earn nothing from it!

I've only noticed it recently. When everyone else was complaining last year, I was okay.

acermasters
01-09-12, 11:57 AM
Now I too experience this problem. I had 2k+ in coins then after I finished my 3 orange sodas I had less than 250 -_-

kooky panda
01-09-12, 12:41 PM
This may be different than the other time players were losing coins.(not getting the coins that your daily pop up said you should of made)

This sounds like you are losing coins while you are playing the game??
Right?

acermasters
01-09-12, 12:50 PM
This may be different than the other time players were losing coins.(not getting the coins that your daily pop up said you should of made)

Right?
That happened to. But I knew to click on a table to fix that.
I got a notification stating my orange sodas were ready. So Iwent in
To serve them and it said I earned 2576 and it showed I had that which put me at 2855 I went in to fix cola and it sand no money I went back out and all I had was 243. 90% oft money just vanished.

nmishii
01-09-12, 01:02 PM

Right?

Yes, while playing. Sometimes when I collect tips, I lose coins rather than gain them. Sometimes if I tap an empty table I lose coins, sometimes I gain coins, and sometimes nothing happens like it should. Sometimes I don't get the coins from the last time I was on.

Sometimes I think the coins are later restored because there is a big jump in coins. But with everything going on in the game, its hard to tell if all or some were.

But in general it seems like I'm losing coins. More in RS than in BS.

acermasters
01-09-12, 01:10 PM
Yes, while playing. Sometimes when I collect tips, I lose coins rather than gain them. Sometimes if I tap an empty table I lose coins, sometimes I gain coins, and sometimes nothing happens like it should. Sometimes I don't get the coins from the last time I was on.

Sometimes I think the coins are later restored because there is a big jump in coins. But with everything going on in the game, its hard to tell if all or some were.

But in general it seems like I'm losing coins. More in RS than in BS.

I had 8754 spent 1150 on baseball cookies the clicked on an empty table trying to move my screen and went from7k to 3 k

nmishii
01-09-12, 01:13 PM
I had 8754 spent 1150 on baseball cookies the clicked on an empty table trying to move my screen and went from7k to 3 k

I haven't paid attention to coin totals when I was cooking or serving. I need to do that, but it'll be another 12 hrs before my turkey sandwiches are ready. Thanks.

acermasters
01-09-12, 01:22 PM
As an owner of a restaurant its my job to notice these things.

acermasters
01-09-12, 01:59 PM
And again after making my holiday smoothies I went from 8988 to 7499. This is definitely a bug in RS

acermasters
01-09-12, 02:00 PM
And this just started to day for me.

GroupMagma
01-09-12, 02:04 PM

This particular issue has been fixed, though it's possible a new issue is now present, or the old issue is manifesting itself in a new way. I'll be sure to send this information along as well for further research.

nmishii
01-09-12, 02:10 PM
This particular issue has been fixed, though it's possible a new issue is now present, or the old issue is manifesting itself in a new way. I'll be sure to send this information along as well for further research.

Thank you. Its also happening in Bakery Story, but not as bad. Please make sure BS gets looked into also.

jds23
01-09-12, 03:38 PM
Only just noticed after reading this thread that the same thing is happening to me. When I re-enter my restaurant after being away whatever coins I've earned are deducted when I collect tips. Not sure if it matters but I'm playing on iPad 2, regular (non Christmas) version. I'm also having force close problems when I try and tip nbrs but that's another tale for another thread...

lovelyteach05
01-09-12, 04:07 PM
I,ce noticed that same problem with looking coins. This is sad because I've been playing for a short time and it is frustrating. I can't seem to build up much of anything in RS. Hope it gets fixed soon.

GroupMagma
01-09-12, 08:33 PM
Thank you. Its also happening in Bakery Story, but not as bad. Please make sure BS gets looked into also.

Sure thing.

lynnbump
01-12-12, 07:56 AM
Unfortunately, my problem still exists.

I lost $60,000 coins overnight and tapping on a table, backing out of the game quickly and returning, restarting my phone, visiting a neighbor--nothing worked. I have been in communication with the Team Lava staff and they said engineers are looking into the problem--my problem I assume--though I hope they look into the issue overall. If I continue to lose progress while putting tons of energy into this game I'm definitely gone to stop playing. It's just too frustrating and I could be doing other things with my time.

syk0tic
01-16-12, 12:37 PM
Try opening your RS, tap on one of your tables (just until it says something like "white table", and leave your restaurant open. Your door cannot be blocked. It takes a while, but you should see your coins build back up. Hope this helps!

Doesnt that defeat the purpose when we have food there serving? So technically I am just getting money for the food that they are eating NOW now the money lost. Unless I did something wrong. I lost 74000 coins last night and about 20000 all of yesterday

GVR17
01-18-12, 07:13 AM
I have the same issue, my money is not adding to my balance.
I play on Ipad2 and android with the latest version of RS.
Please help me because now I cant save money

Travat
01-22-12, 05:28 PM
I am loosing coins every time I log out for more than an hour, then log back in and it won't add my new coins. I have lost almost 200,000 coins just in the last 24 hours.

Travat
01-22-12, 05:30 PM
I am on motorola DROID x. I tried the table thing and it does not work for me.

kooky panda
01-22-12, 05:36 PM
TL is currently working on this problem.

Here is a workaround that seems to be helping some players:

Once all the screens have come up and you've "x" out of them (also exit out of your wall and do not accept gifts yet)
wait for the "welcome screen". As soon as that screen disappears and customers start walking in, force close your app .

Then go back into your game, and accept gifts, visit nbrs, etc.

Once you do that, hopefully the coins will have been applied .

madie4horses
05-31-12, 08:47 PM
Im mostly losing gems. For all 3 of my games my gems all disappeared overnight and i havnt spent any of them. If anyone can help me fix this that would be awesome :) idk if its just an iphone glitch or the game

greygull
05-31-12, 09:03 PM
Im mostly losing gems. For all 3 of my games my gems all disappeared overnight and i havnt spent any of them. If anyone can help me fix this that would be awesome :) idk if its just an iphone glitch or the game

Email support@teamlava.com Give them your ID, and what's happening. They will be able to help with this.

rylafaye
05-31-12, 10:45 PM
Hi! Can anyone help me? I want to know how to sell the walls and the tiles... :)

Thanks! Please help :D

partyinmytummyy
06-01-12, 08:37 PM
For the past week, I have continuously lost coins in my restaurant story game. When I open the game, the money I earned shows in the coin total then immediately rolls back to the total it showed before I closed the game previously.

Sometimes I can get the coin total to increase to correct earnings by quickly visiting a neighbor then returning to my own restaurant. But this morning, I lost 78,000 overnight coins and couldn't get them back.

Losing coins is defeating the purpose of playing this game. It's incredibly frustrating taking the extra steps to regain my coins (sometimes in vain) and is making me want to stop playing.

Team Lava, please help!
The same thing has been happening to me. It says Ive gained the money, it gets added, couple of second BAM it's gone. I blocked my door. Somehow doing this the food doesnt get sold at all. Normally it should but not since the coin glitch has happened to me.
I contacted teamlava got an email and then they said it would go to engineers. Its been over 2 weeks now. uh the waiting game.

37dog
06-03-12, 10:37 AM
I also have been loosing coins for the past week. There are even times when I'm retriving my tips, it substracting instead of adding to the total. Another issue I'm having is the amount of customers coming in the door. It's letting a certain few come in, and then the door remains closed for different amount of times--like sometimes 15 seconds up to 40 seconds of someone entering. When someone leaves, then it's opening the door and maybe two people will come in. My Restaurant is large, so by the time customers finish eating and get to the door to let someone in takes quite a while. I'm using an iPhone 4, IOS 5.1.1. Thank you.

37dog
06-03-12, 02:03 PM
I forgot to mention that I'm using RS ver 1.51. Im still having problems. I now just served some food and lost 30 coins for serving. I have food cooking now, and am afraid to serve it. I also lost 200 coins cooking one food item. I also noticed that it's taking a long time for the coins and star to disappear. After they disappear I receive or loose coins. I've been playing this game for over a year and this is the first time it's happened. I'm getting very frustrated. I am on the game constantly, with a large group of neighbors, and level 98. So far BS is fine, but I usually can keep the same # of coins on each Story. BS is now 9 million more than RS. Will you be giving me the lost coins back? I hope so! When can I expect some help?

greygull
06-03-12, 03:44 PM
Have you tried restarting your device, or deleting and reinstalling the game?

It's normal to see differences between different games. They each have their own macroeconomy, even if they are similar.

sparks229
06-03-12, 04:44 PM
Hi! Can anyone help me? I want to know how to sell the walls and the tiles... :)

Thanks! Please help :D

you can't sell them :( you can only replace them with new ones, then you old ones will go into storage :)

mattyboo1
06-03-12, 05:01 PM
Well one day my coins stayed for 5 minutes then went away and I had an issue when I wasn't getting my welcome back screen I emailed support they said they were working on it and it was a server issue but it's finally after more than a month fixed

farmertanya2013
03-13-14, 02:02 PM
I finally reached 100,000,000 coins and the neighbors needed to expand.It took my coins and didn't enlarge my bakery. I turned off the phone and turned it back on. I also uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I only have 10,000 coins. Can someone help me? I'm beyond frustrated. I don't know if I will quit Bakery Story at this point. I'm a level 99 and I never had this problem before.