PDA

View Full Version : Any other tasks or ways to earn gems?

cakeandpie
01-04-12, 09:38 AM
I am trying to decide how to spend my few gems. Besides the two early tasks where you earn two gems each, and the 3 gems you "earn" breeding a liger (I say "earn" in quotes because you have to spend 7, resulting in a net loss of 4), are there any other tasks or ways to earn gems? I want to know if I'm at the end of my gem-earning capacity so I can figure out exactly how to spend them.

I know I want to buy at least 1 animal, and if there are more tasks after the liger which do not require you to spend gems, I might chose the liger as my 1 animal so I can keep going with the tasks. But what I really wanted was a scarlet macaw. If I buy the liger I won't have enough gems for the macaw. But if I knew I could earn a few more to get the macaw later, I'll just do the liger task.

Miquilis
01-05-12, 11:53 AM
I'm up to level 26 and have come across no other ways to earn gems. The only goal I've had that rewards gems without having to spend gems was the Penguin family one I think?

There are a lot of goals that require gems to complete. To unlock the Mandril monkey you have to use 1 gem to skip buying a pizza shack and then get 3 silver back gorillas or skip for 7 gems. To unlock a puma you need 2 jaguars and 2 snow leopards or skip for 8 gems and that's not even the final step of the goal so I don't know how many more gems you would need to spend.

cakeandpie
01-05-12, 04:31 PM
Thanks. I just got to the penguin one. I'm sorry to hear it's the last gem reward. :( All the gem-required tasks just rot.

anatomyguru
01-06-12, 12:12 AM
I am also v frustrated with the lack of ways to obtain more gems other than spending real cash. Obviously it is a ploy to spend money since the game is 'free'. Very disappointing. If anyone finds a way to access more gems without cash please let us know!

rionkimchi
01-06-12, 10:32 AM
I also have found no way to earn gems, ever {am at level 27}.
Some of the "tasks", as you mentioned, reward you with gems ONCE COMPLETE but it's pretty much a net negative on your gem balance as has already been pointed out.