PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Holiday Items Being Removed January 20th

greygull
01-03-12, 02:24 PM
Okay guys I got word that holiday items that were added to the games from Dec 2 to Dec 30th will be removed on January 13th.
(edit Jan 20th) I have started a list. Please let me know if you think I missed something.

If you have purchased any item that is on this list, you will keep it, just be unable to purchase more. Example: You purchased a Holiday Drink Machine - you will keep it, and continue to cook the recipes, but after the 13th, you will not be able to buy another one.

Goals will be removed - if you have unlocked a recipe by completing a goal, it will remain Edit - see posts below regarding New Year's Goals Goals have been extended to February 9th

Recipes:
Morning Cheer
Any recipe you did not unlock by the goals

Appliances:
Turducken Fryer
Chestnut Roaster
Holiday Drink Machine

Decorations:

Tables:
Ornament Table
Snowman Table
Clock Table

Chairs:
Ornament Chair
Snowman Chair
Clock Chair

Wall Decor:
Frosted Window
Bear Stocking
Star Sconce
Red Mounted Skis
Green Mounted Skis
Color Lights
Holiday Lights

Floor Decor:
Holiday Bear
Blue Tree
Penguin Waiter
Pink Tree
Snowman Waiter
Baby Reindeer
Holiday Jukebox
Holiday Lantern
Spotlight
Festival of Lights
Dreidel
Nutcracker Chef

Wallpaper:
Candy Cane
Holly
Gift Wrap
Dark Pattern
Gold

Floors:
Snowflake
Black
Gold
Shiny

Counters:
Gift Counter

Magic Boxes:
Holiday Gift

I'm finding out if the new wallpapers and floor tiles (released Dec 30th) are considered part of the New Year's theme, or will remain. Edit - looks like they will be (just added them to the list). I'm going to buy a bunch of them before they go ;)

Please note: Items that you have already purchased and have out or in storage, you will be able to keep.
Only the option to buy "new" will be removed.

Items you received after mastering goals, you will be able to keep.

Appliances you have bought and built you will be able to keep.

unlocked receipes you will be able to continue to master as long as you unlocked the receipes by finishing the goal, and have bought and built the appliance for that receipe

UPDATE http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23094-Update-on-Seasonal-Content-Removed-on-Jan-20 New post about what's being removed.

GOALS HAVE BEEN EXTENED TO FEBRUARY 9th

bawpotter
01-03-12, 02:27 PM
Thanks, GG.

SO PEOPLE!!! Work on the Christmas goals, not New Year's.

greygull
01-03-12, 02:31 PM
I'm double checking on the goals.

I think (me personally only here) that the New Year's goals may also be removed, based on the announcement.

greygull
01-03-12, 03:07 PM
On the New Year's goals - they will be removed at some point. Right now they are scheduled to be part of the January 13 removal, but they may be delayed on being removed. I'll update here when I have more info.

bawpotter
01-03-12, 06:20 PM
Oh... bummer. Thanks for the info though.

bigbux3
01-04-12, 12:31 PM
Sometimes its like what's really the point of releasing them if they're gonna be gone soon. I wish I had gotten some of last years items, now I'm going without.

maryindigo
01-04-12, 02:32 PM
I'm new to purchasing holiday items and wanted to know if I put any of these items in storage like the holiday bear and holiday drink machine will I be able to get them out after the January 13 deadline?

ultrafrog
01-04-12, 02:33 PM
Actually what's the point of releasing "New Year's content" a day before the 1st and needs several days to complete unless you use gems to bypass.

Tiles shouldn't be removed as seasonal either.. They look nice for regular restaurant use.

ultrafrog
01-04-12, 02:34 PM
You should still be able to place any holiday appliances that you have completed and cook associated recipes with them.

What you will not be able to do is build new ones. Any decoration you have purchased remains. You won't lose anything except ability to purchase more.

MaddieMay33
01-04-12, 04:15 PM
As for recipes that were NOT unlocked, I only know of Morning Cheer. I think all of the others were unlocked by goals. If anyone knows of any other recipes that will be removed, please let us know. Thanks.

emeraldocean
01-04-12, 08:08 PM
I really think that the new tiles and wallpaper (not the seasonal holiday ones, the ones that were called "black pattern" and "gold" etc) are regular enough for them to stay. People might want to use the black/yellow combination as a good theme.

3squares
01-04-12, 08:14 PM
I really think that the new tiles and wallpaper (not the seasonal holiday ones, the ones that were called "black pattern" and "gold" etc) are regular enough for them to stay. People might want to use the black/yellow combination as a good theme.

I agree...these don't look "seasonal" at all.

Shamrock1963
01-04-12, 09:46 PM
They certainly ought to stay, but until we get official word that they will, I wouldn't count on it.

Shamrock1963
01-04-12, 09:48 PM
I'm new to purchasing holiday items and wanted to know if I put any of these items in storage like the holiday bear and holiday drink machine will I be able to get them out after the January 13 deadline?

Just make sure you don't accidentally sell them instead of placing them into storage.

keviPad
01-05-12, 12:56 AM
As for recipes that were NOT unlocked, I only know of Morning Cheer. I think all of the others were unlocked by goals. If anyone knows of any other recipes that will be removed, please let us know. Thanks.

Correct. Morning Cheer (snowman pancakes) was the only true 'holiday recipe'.

The rest are unlocked by goals/quests or buildable appliance recipes.

bobbyrae
01-06-12, 09:01 AM
What about the baked pears? Are these seasonal too? Does anyone remember when that was released?
Was meat pie a goal recipe?

Fruit cake & stuffing were both goals, but they are on regular ovens. Will they remain in the game?

Shamrock1963
01-06-12, 10:04 AM
I'm on Android so I never got Goals, but I did get both the baked pears and the meat pie recipes, so they aren't Goal recipes. I can't remember when either one was released, but I knew it was fairly recently, so I mastered both of them just in case.

gott99
01-06-12, 12:44 PM
Those unlocked recipes, I wonder how long they will stay...?

ultrafrog
01-06-12, 02:19 PM
I believe that unlocked recipes from goals and recipes from holiday appliances will stay. You just won't be able to purchase new holiday appliances or get rewards from goals after they are removed.

TimeForACuppaTea
01-06-12, 06:11 PM
What about the baked pears? Are these seasonal too? Does anyone remember when that was released?
Was meat pie a goal recipe?

I was thinking the same thing. I don't remember anymore what was a goal recipe and what wasn't anymore. But I'm pretty sure I got the Baked pears before I got goals.

I just went back to re-read old threads about the goals. And saw that the Apple Cider, Holiday ham, Fruit cake and stuffing were all goal prizes and should not be removed. I don't see pears or meat pie listed so I'm going to work on mastering those.

According to what I've read any recipe or item received from a goal should stay permanently. As in forever. But who know if that's really true. With as many changes Team Lava keeps making I'll believe it when I see it.

shelleykk
01-06-12, 10:33 PM
Will the turkey sandwich be removed? It does seem christmas orientated but how on earth could we master it in such a short time? And the baseball cookies? They don't seem to have anything to do with christmas but they were released at the same time? Any ideas?

bigbux3
01-06-12, 10:44 PM
Will the turkey sandwich be removed? It does seem christmas orientated but how on earth could we master it in such a short time? And the baseball cookies? They don't seem to have anything to do with christmas but they were released at the same time? Any ideas?

These arent seasonal items. They stay.

shelleykk
01-07-12, 09:06 AM
These arent seasonal items. They stay.

But isn't a turkey sandwich for Xmas leftover turkey? I hope they stay anyway. Everyone has been really helpful but it would be good if team lava posted a list.

bigbux3
01-07-12, 11:49 AM
But isn't a turkey sandwich for Xmas leftover turkey? I hope they stay anyway. Everyone has been really helpful but it would be good if team lava posted a list.

Actually, if you read the first post, it lists the items that will be removed Jan. 13. Its updates from December 2- December 30. This stuff stays.

333sandy
01-07-12, 03:44 PM
They mentioned earlier on another thread that the gal recipes will eventually be removed but at a later date, giving us a little longer to master them.

robynznest
01-07-12, 03:52 PM
That list is very helpful. Thank you for posting it! I do wish they would make it more obviously within gameplay, however. I keep forgetting what's on the list because I started playing the game after the holiday items were added, so I don't remember what is new versus what has always been around.

bobbyrae
01-07-12, 03:57 PM
Does anyone remember when we got the pears and meat pie? Was it before Dec 2?

pastrychef17
01-07-12, 05:33 PM
Does anyone remember when we got the pears and meat pie? Was it before Dec 2?

I believe so because they came out around or before Thanksgiving when TL was doing the Renaissance theme and everyone was looking for a Thanksgiving theme.

bobbyrae
01-07-12, 06:39 PM
I believe so because they came out around or before Thanksgiving when TL was doing the Renaissance theme and everyone was looking for a Thanksgiving theme.

Ok great. I on't have to master those as yet. Phew! :)

hihiivy247
01-09-12, 09:58 AM
I have a question. If I have already purchased the holiday drink machine but haven't got enough parts, am I able to complete the parts after 13 Jan?

kooky panda
01-09-12, 10:03 AM
I have a question. If I have already purchased the holiday drink machine but haven't got enough parts, am I able to complete the parts after 13 Jan?

good question, and I am trying to get an answer for this.

Shamrock1963
01-09-12, 11:35 AM

If that isn't how the constructibles work and they drop the Sushi Counter on Jan 13, then I'll be in serious hurt.

kooky panda
01-09-12, 11:54 AM
If that isn't how the constructibles work and they drop the Sushi Counter on Jan 13, then I'll be in serious hurt.
sushi counter is not a holiday appliance, I think you are safe on that one.

Shamrock1963
01-09-12, 11:58 AM
sushi counter is not a holiday appliance, I think you are safe on that one.

Thanks, Kooky. Let's hope so.

moratorro
01-09-12, 02:16 PM
good question, and I am trying to get an answer for this. Anyway I'm going to purchase three holiday appliances (one of each kind) on the 12 of January, and keep them on the floor: after a couple of days we'll know if they are still there...

pastrychef17
01-09-12, 02:52 PM
Do we know yet if any other recipes will be released to those seasonal appliances? Seems kind of silly to build a machine or multiples of the same machine if it's only ever going to have just 1 recipe. Once you master that recipe, is the machine rendered useless for the rest of the game? Or, if they do release more new recipes for it, will we have the ability to purchase more machines later on? And are they planning on making them available for Android players? Did someone at TL think through all these aspects of the seasonal machines?

Shamrock1963
01-09-12, 04:19 PM
Did someone at TL think through all these aspects of the seasonal machines?

probably not

adorablechic
01-10-12, 08:27 AM
even if we purchased the item and we decide to put it away and replace with something else, would that be taken away also ?

Shamrock1963
01-10-12, 09:02 AM
Decorations and completed constructibles that are placed in your inventory are not going to be taken away. So long as you don't sell them, you should be able to place them back in your restaurant at a later date. However, you will be unable to purchase any more.

bobbyrae
01-10-12, 10:02 AM
Do we know yet if any other recipes will be released to those seasonal appliances? Seems kind of silly to build a machine or multiples of the same machine if it's only ever going to have just 1 recipe. Once you master that recipe, is the machine rendered useless for the rest of the game? Or, if they do release more new recipes for it, will we have the ability to purchase more machines later on? And are they planning on making them available for Android players? Did someone at TL think through all these aspects of the seasonal machines?
I know...i built only about 8 holiday drink machines, 8 turducken fryers and 8 chestnut roasters and have mastered the chestnut and turducken. I'm now working on the 2 drink machine recipes and should be dne with those soon. Same with candy cane and marzipan. Finished those very quickly.
Maybe they will come out with recipes for valentine? Lol...Roasted hearts for the chestnut roaster and valentine's day chickduckey for the turducken fryer :p

Shamrock1963
01-10-12, 11:20 AM
Rub it in, why don't you? ;)

rubine
01-10-12, 12:13 PM
We habe payed a lot for these Items, why can't we store them till next christmas?

Shamrock1963
01-10-12, 03:33 PM
You can. Any items that you have bought and paid for can be stored in your inventory for display at a later date.

chocohk
01-10-12, 09:03 PM
can we get an extension?? how on earth can i finish 40 pumpkin pies and 20 choc tarts! not to mention half built drink machines, zero root beer floats :(

bought the holiday one instead of regular!! sillyme

hihiivy247
01-10-12, 09:53 PM
I don't see Turducken Fryer and Chestnut Roaster. Is it only on iphones?

nmishii
01-10-12, 10:29 PM
The turducken fryer and chestnut roaster is available for iPhones, iPads, and iPods. They recently reordered some of the items, so the appliances may be somewhere in the middle of the appliance list.

Shamrock1963
01-10-12, 10:54 PM
However, they are not available for Android and never will be.

ariesblu
01-10-12, 11:13 PM
However, they are not available for Android and never will be.
Which sucks. :(

candt9x
01-11-12, 10:53 AM
Please not now, i am only got 4 more steps till i get the cucu clock.

Shamrock1963
01-11-12, 12:19 PM
I've seen an announcement pop-up in Restaurant and Farm.

Exact text:

We're packing up all the Christmas decor and goal rewards on January 20th. Get them now before it's too late!

kattybell
01-11-12, 12:20 PM
I've seen an announcement pop-up in Restaurant and Farm.

Exact text:

We're packing up all the Christmas decor and goal rewards on January 20th. Get them now before it's too late!

Thanks for sharing (:

ccane77
01-11-12, 01:30 PM
Does that include the new years eve goals too?

DaojinWildfire
01-11-12, 01:52 PM
Does that include the new years eve goals too?
Yes. New Year goals will be removed on Jan 20.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

bobbyrae
01-11-12, 01:57 PM
Please not now, i am only got 4 more steps till i get the cucu clock.
I'm still wavering whether to go for this clock...all i have to do now with it is press the lttle "skip for ten gems" button. 10 gems...for a clock i can't use till next year u less i decide to have christmas in july. Decisions, decisions...thankfully i have until the 20th to decide! :D :p

ccane77
01-11-12, 02:31 PM
I'm still wavering whether to go for this clock...all i have to do now with it is press the lttle "skip for ten gems" button. 10 gems...for a clock i can't use till next year u less i decide to have christmas in july. Decisions, decisions...thankfully i have until the 20th to decide! :D :p

Get the Clock! You will kick yourself if you don't. You could leave it up year round. My grandmother does at her house...lol

ddenise
01-11-12, 04:53 PM
oh this is great! will still be able to make some christmas recipes:)

ksbmommy
01-11-12, 05:14 PM
Get the clock. I love the clock. It was my favorite of everything.

duckieduckduck
01-11-12, 05:52 PM
Oh, that's good new!

Will the black pattern & gold wallpaper, baseball chair etc. remove on Jan 20 too?

If they will stay forever, I will try to buy the chocolate fountain,
If they will remove too, I will stock up those thing coz i think they are quite cute.

chocohk
01-11-12, 08:15 PM
yay! Woke up felt stress not able to unlock any seasonal recipes and saw that!

Horray for TL!!!!

thx for listeningg

lilobrat05
01-11-12, 10:18 PM
Glad they extended it but it wld be really nice if we knew exactly which items were being removed! If they cld put a little limited note on the items that wld be great and easier than supplying list for each game. Plz TL can u mark the items being removed in each game within the games????? Everyone will love you guys for it!!!!!!

chocohk
01-11-12, 11:33 PM
Glad they extended it but it wld be really nice if we knew exactly which items were being removed! If they cld put a little limited note on the items that wld be great and easier than supplying list for each game. Plz TL can u mark the items being removed in each game within the games????? Everyone will love you guys for it!!!!!!

I second that hahaha

moratorro
01-12-12, 03:21 AM
I'm still wavering whether to go for this clock...all i have to do now with it is press the lttle "skip for ten gems" button. 10 gems...for a clock i can't use till next year u less i decide to have christmas in july. Decisions, decisions...thankfully i have until the 20th to decide! :D :pGet the clock. After all it's not so bad, and you won't have another chance to get it.
And if you don't get it, the gems you save will probably be lost in some bad gem trap...

Shamrock1963
01-12-12, 10:20 AM
Oh, that's good new!

Will the black pattern & gold wallpaper, baseball chair etc. remove on Jan 20 too?

If they will stay forever, I will try to buy the chocolate fountain,
If they will remove too, I will stock up those thing coz i think they are quite cute.

Don't know about the black pattern and gold wallpaper. The sports theme items were January updates and are not scheduled for removal on the 20th.

Shamrock1963
01-12-12, 10:23 AM

Are you sure you can't complete the Goal without wasting your gems to skip it? I can't tell how hard it would be because I'm an Android player and don't have Goals. :(

duckieduckduck
01-12-12, 04:34 PM
Don't know about the black pattern and gold wallpaper. The sports theme items were January updates and are not scheduled for removal on the 20th.

Please let the black pattern wallpaper stay a little longer
They are pretty but very expensive, need to save up.

chocohk
01-12-12, 08:50 PM
making root beer floats finally! still along way to go lol

does sushi counter stay or it is seasonal if not built?

nmishii
01-12-12, 09:54 PM
Sushi counter is not seasonal. It was first released in Sept to iOS, and then in Dec to Android.

chocohk
01-12-12, 11:23 PM
Sushi counter is not seasonal. It was first released in Sept to iOS, and then in Dec to Android.

thx mnishii, I am SLOW :P

Shamrock1963
01-13-12, 09:11 AM
Please let the black pattern wallpaper stay a little longer
They are pretty but very expensive, need to save up.

I hope it stays too. I like that wallpaper very much, and I'm not yet at maximum expansion, so if they remove it on Jan 20, I'll always be a few pieces short. :(

korkey541
01-14-12, 11:35 PM
Quick question before this goal disappears. The goal name is Resolution: Delicious. You have to visit 10th community members, have 1 holiday jukebox, and serve 30 cupcakes. Done all except cupcakes, I can't find them in RS. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Feeling pretty dumb, but I can't find those cupcakes!

ultrafrog
01-14-12, 11:40 PM
Cupcakes should be in the oven

pika4ever88
01-18-12, 08:35 PM
I hope it stays too. I like that wallpaper very much, and I'm not yet at maximum expansion, so if they remove it on Jan 20, I'll always be a few pieces short. :(

If you're a few pieces short... divide your restaurant into sections and use that wallpaper for one of the sections. :3.

greygull
01-18-12, 09:41 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23094-Update-on-Seasonal-Content-Removed-on-Jan-20

Firm list of what will be removed. Goals have been extended to February 9th.

Shamrock1963
01-18-12, 09:44 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23094-Update-on-Seasonal-Content-Removed-on-Jan-20

Not an actual list. Just "seasonal" content.

MaddieMay33
01-19-12, 07:21 AM
I see from the other thread that they are taking away the two holiday drink recipes. I thought we'd still be able to make them if we already purchased the machines. That really stinks!!!

greygull
01-19-12, 12:16 PM
I see from the other thread that they are taking away the two holiday drink recipes. I thought we'd still be able to make them if we already purchased the machines. That really stinks!!!

I'm double checking on those right now

pika4ever88
01-19-12, 12:40 PM

By "firm" what greygull means is as official as we're getting without going out and kidnapping a staff member (said very, very, very jokingly) to get a more official response or sending off kooky or other moderator as community representative (ambassador kooky panda does have a ring to it...). :p. Or maybe it's just me who finds that the "unofficial" holiday list is stupid considering it's unofficial and so very, very late and basically a repeat of what kooky has been saying since the beginning of January...

pika4ever88
01-19-12, 12:44 PM
It makes me wonder how much "standing in line" our ambassadors do. *Throws the ambassadors fold up chairs to sit on while waiting in line.* :3. Cause we get an (incomplete) announcement from a staff member and the community turns around and asks 20 questions... :>. And rarely do we get a firm answer back in (speculation) threads agreeing or correcting the post. :3.

chocohk
01-19-12, 07:22 PM
why are they taking all those lovely recipes away from us???

morning cheer, red velvet cookies and trifle cake!@

I mean we still have valentine cupcakes now from last yr grrrr not happy!

But grateful they extend the goals

Shamrock1963
01-19-12, 08:07 PM
If you're a few pieces short... divide your restaurant into sections and use that wallpaper for one of the sections. :3.

I know. I've done the section bit. But I want to have the option of completely papering the walls in my favorite wallpaper. And given that the wallpaper is neither holiday related or even wintery, I don't understand why it has to go. :(

pika4ever88
01-19-12, 08:34 PM
I know. I've done the section bit. But I want to have the option of completely papering the walls in my favorite wallpaper. And given that the wallpaper is neither holiday related or even wintery, I don't understand why it has to go. :(

Aw. Then start being firm with your gold and saving to buy the biggest expansion so you won't be in this predicament next time. Rawr. >3.

Though personally, I like looking at sectional bakeries (even if not divided into sections if you look at the wallpaper) since I find them more fun and creative to see various "themes" pulled together. :3. My sister's latest idea (when she's high enough and has the gold though) is to put farm into sections so it feels like you're visiting different "countries." :>.

Shamrock1963
01-19-12, 11:13 PM
Aw. Then start being firm with your gold and saving to buy the biggest expansion so you won't be in this predicament next time. Rawr. >3.

Though personally, I like looking at sectional bakeries (even if not divided into sections if you look at the wallpaper) since I find them more fun and creative to see various "themes" pulled together. :3. My sister's latest idea (when she's high enough and has the gold though) is to put farm into sections so it feels like you're visiting different "countries." :>.

Easier said than done! I just bought another expansion and still have 6.5 million coins worth of expansions to purchase!

Besides, for some people, even if they had the gold, they aren't high enough level. I've been playing Farm Story for more than half a year and STILL haven't gotten high enough level to purchase the last expansion. Which would have helped in mastering those blasted Snowdrops and White Poinsettias!

Shamrock1963
01-19-12, 11:16 PM
I am officially BROKE. :(