PDA

View Full Version : Requesting and using materials??

myrandanicole
01-02-12, 11:06 PM
I am fairly new to FarmStory and am a bit confused about the building materials. I have gotten requests from neighbors for building materials, and have received voluntary buidkng materials from neighbors. However I cannot figure out how to request materials myself, or how to use those materials once I obtain them. Also how do you know which materials you even need for a certain project??
If someone could help me out with this I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

mamashafer
01-03-12, 10:14 AM
If you purchase a silo, tool shed, well or koi pond materials needed will show up when you click the unfinished structures.

I've been sent a number of welcome mats but don't know how they're used. I can't find anything on this. Anyone?

kooky panda
01-03-12, 11:16 AM
right now there is nothing you can use the mats for.

Building constructibles items

current constructibles:

Silo
5 each shingles, concrete, bricks tiles

tool shed
5 each boards, shingles, tiles, wiring

Well
5 each concrete, boards, shingles, bricks

pond
12 each concrete, tiles, rubber lining, gloves

Haunted Barn
10 each roof shingles, Wooden Boards, Wiring, Work Gloves(no longer available in the store- was removed with the halloween items)

Note: the red barn in the store is not a constructible item.

Scroll through the store and find items with a picture of a hammer on it. Buy and place the item.
Click on the item and you will see the materials needed to build it.
You will also see that you can complete the item instantly by using gems. (this is an option only... If you choose not to use gems you can request the materials from your neighbors)
To request materials, click on the box and you neighbors list will come up. click on the neighbors that you would like to send requests to.

You will not get notifications of who responds to your material requests, the materials will just appear in your inventory.
You can check how many more items you need by clicking and managing your item under construction.
Once you have all the items needed , you will see a build it button. click that button and your item will be built.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16823-Get-Out-On-the-Farm-(FAQ-for-Beginners)&p=117462&viewfull=1#post117462

goosuto
01-07-12, 12:04 AM
Currently I got level 18, but in store there is no constructibles items (players with lower experience can place that items).
Is there any additional condition to fulfill to activate constructibles items?

barleycoon
01-07-12, 12:13 AM
Currently I got level 18, but in store there is no constructibles items (players with lower experience can place that items).

Which version of farm story are you playing on? The covered well and tool shed ect are not showing at all or just not as constructable items? I'm not sure if there may be a variation between devices, sorry I don't know.

nmishii
01-07-12, 12:30 AM

The tool shed, grain silo, and covered well are under Decorations, the koi pond is under Animals. They cost 10000 coins.

I would bet any amount of money that they had a hammer in the box. But I am running Farm 1.4.2 on Android and that hammer is no longer there. Its been a while since I built one, so I don't know when the hammer disappeared.

So just find those items, and place them for 10000 coins and you should get a constructable. If not, you got those items real cheap.

lkl1776
02-04-12, 10:08 PM
I have "welcome mats" given as gifts, labelled as building materials, but cannot find anything to build that needs them. Are ther more things to build beyond level 40?

nmishii
02-04-12, 10:14 PM
Welcome mats are not used for any constructables at any level. Maybe one day there will be one.

lovelylori633
03-16-12, 06:23 AM
When a friend requests building materials and you accept the request, does it come out of your own inventory?

RealFarmer1222
03-16-12, 08:08 AM
When a friend requests building materials and you accept the request, does it come out of your own inventory?

Nope....it comes out of the TL inventory:D

Which is why I always gift all my neighbors.

lovelylori633
03-16-12, 05:14 PM
Thanks. Now I can gift without worry!

SIT1234
03-30-12, 01:29 PM
WHY are there this "welcome mats" if there is nothing to do with?! I've got a 1000000000 and they bother me if I see them in my inventory.... Is there anything planed?! Did I miss something?!?!?

We shall write in threads before open a new one... So I'll try it now... Maybe someone friendly will give me an usuable answer...?!? Thanks!

pastrychef17
03-30-12, 02:20 PM
WHY are there this "welcome mats" if there is nothing to do with?! I've got a 1000000000 and they bother me if I see them in my inventory.... Is there anything planed?! Did I miss something?!?!?

Hopefully they will use it for something but I wish they wouldn't make it available until it has a purpose. A level 6 newbie gifted me a welcome mat and I wrote on his wall to thank him and explain that they're not used for anything and could he please gift dog bowls instead because they had the highest resale value. He wrote back saying he didn't know welcome mats weren't used for anything, he thought it was a nice gesture he was sending me and then he wrote "and no I won't send you dog bowls!!!!" Turns out he deleted me for that, lol. But if I hadn't told him, he'd be sending out welcome mats and accepting them from people who also don't know they're useless as well as probably declining dog bowls because he doesn't know he can sell them for 400 coins. Good riddance.

lylahmae
03-30-12, 06:27 PM
One thing Kooky did not mention is android users DO NOT have hammers by constructables in store at least I don't and i figure thats why. So if you don't see hammers you are not alone :-)

kooky panda
03-30-12, 06:31 PM
One thing Kooky did not mention is android users DO NOT have hammers by constructables in store at least I don't and i figure thats why. So if you don't see hammers you are not alone :-)

TL is checking on the hammer issue for android players.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16823-Get-Out-On-the-Farm-(FAQ-for-Beginners)&p=267699&viewfull=1#post267699

WendingWanderer
03-30-12, 07:06 PM
Interestingly, today I sent out requests for concrete for the blacksmith forge. 102 requests - my entire neighbor list. Didn't get a single concrete block, and I'd usually get 30 - 40. Don't know if TL didn't send out the requests, or if they sent the material and TL didn't forward it to me, but I didn't get anything.

I'll try again tomorrow.

lylahmae
03-30-12, 07:13 PM
Thanks I knew that but I am too computer illiterate to post a link like that and i thought it was valid in this thread with all the constructable talk. So thank you for posting the link, and thank you TL for trying to fix.

SIT1234
03-30-12, 10:51 PM
Oh I see hammers and I can build stuff but those terrible mats are ****ing me!!! Maybe we can get something were they are neccessary! Or - if anything will come out new - the mats can be used for?!?
I placed my whole inventory on my farm to check up all those old and new materials, I lost the overview about all :-(
Oh and it would be a really really great thing if we could send an inventory to a neighbor, cause (for example) one of my neighbors get a thing from a box twice and i didnt get it, but i've got another thing which I have twice so we really want to change... Is this an idea?!
Thanks for answer my last post!!!