PDA

View Full Version : Why does Fashion Story Has several games for occasions?(Christmas,Halloween)

pupluv1104
01-02-12, 05:12 PM
i just have a question on why Fashion Story has different games for Occasions like Fashion Story:Halloween and Fashion Story:Christmas.
Why cant they just make those changes in an update instead of making the same game in a different theme as a separate app? I am just wondering this.

xSnowyOwlx
01-02-12, 05:49 PM
It's how they get more people to play their games.

This is only for the Apple devices and because of Apple's stupid ranking system, the more downloads an app receives, the higher they get in the Top 25 or Top 50, etc. Just skim through those and see how many have less than 3-star ratings from customer reviews.

TL doesn't just make this for Fashion, there's one for Bakery, Farm and Restaurant. I was surprised they didn't release holiday ones for City but grateful because it always messes stuff up.

The only reason I do download the holiday ones is because I want to see the content they won't push to the originals.

shakiba
01-02-12, 09:02 PM
Not a big deal to me. The background and decor are just themed to the special event, and has the latest themed update. After a while, TL brings the themed items to the original games. I only download it to buy the latest stuff, ordering from the themed catalogs, etc. I dont download it for fun that just takes up precious gigs on my device.

LCAHEARTS
01-03-12, 12:07 PM
Not a big deal to me. The background and decor are just themed to the special event, and has the latest themed update. After a while, TL brings the themed items to the original games. I only download it to buy the latest stuff, ordering from the themed catalogs, etc. I dont download it for fun that just takes up precious gigs on my device.

Exactly. It does eventually merge with the original. I personally also enjoy the new icon/intro. I was really obsessing over the Halloween brunette girl because I'm a brunette and I could personally relate, you know? I was like "HEY, IT'S ME!" Lol..just kidding. I like the original blonde girl, but it's cute to see something different sometimes. Now we've got the red-headed girl and I just appreciate the change now and then. I wish we could keep those things without getting rid of the special holiday app, but I'll take what I can get. As for actual game play, I think it's smart. For example, not everyone celebrates Christmas. Those who don't would find it offensive to be forced to see things that do not relate to their religion/beliefs. Not that I think TL should be religion oriented, but I do think it's appreciated by those individuals and the same can be said for Halloween.