PDA

View Full Version : Coins for gems...why not vice versa?

caseya151
01-02-12, 04:09 PM
If coins can be bought for gems they should make it so by collecting coins you can get gems. Even if it like 500 coins for 1 or something.

babyalexis10
01-02-12, 04:13 PM
If coins can be bought for gems they should make it so by collecting coins you can get gems. Even if it like 500 coins for 1 or something.

now that would be awesome..but prob will never happen.

Rachael98
01-02-12, 04:18 PM
That would be a terrible idea from a business point of view, sadly.
Their only income is through in app purchases. Make too much of it free and they'll go bankrupt.
Then the games, and their fabulous staffs' jobs would be gone.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Monday, 2nd January 2012-Happy New Year!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

pinkbarbie123
01-02-12, 04:23 PM
Not unless they were like 1 million coins per gem and the creators kept rolling out new items that expire within like a month. I mean I can think of like a million different creations for fs, bs and rs.

Rachael98
01-02-12, 04:44 PM
Not unless they were like 1 million coins per gem and the creators kept rolling out new items that expire within like a month. I mean I can think of like a million different creations for fs, bs and rs.

Many people have literally millions of coins though.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Monday, 2nd January 2012-Happy New Year!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

PattyZhangp
01-03-12, 02:04 PM
I wish...then everything would be awesome. But, like Rachel said, it would be very bad for business. I've thought of this before, but TL would never do it.

8skh8
01-03-12, 03:38 PM
i agree if it was like that i would play heaps more

pinkster73
01-03-12, 04:09 PM
That would kind of be like going shopping at the mall and paying with monopoly money.

pinkbarbie123
01-03-12, 07:51 PM
Not really, we're not really getting anything. And as high as they price things as long as they kept rolling out new items it would still equal out for them. And if people have millions of coins that obviously means there aren't enough items to use your coins on. At some point you get bored and quit playing.

pinkbarbie123
01-03-12, 07:52 PM
It's not like at a store when we walk out with an item, we are actually spending money on pointless non existent items.

pinkster73
01-03-12, 08:09 PM
It's not like at a store when we walk out with an item, we are actually spending money on pointless non existent items.

They exist visually and the point is to spend time on entertainment

MiniLaura
01-03-12, 08:16 PM
Don't think of the gem items as things. Think of them as services. When I go to a restaurant, a server takes my order and brings me my food. Techincally, I don't need the server to do this. I could tell the cook what I wanted and then pick it up from the kitchen. But doing this would get annoying for both the customers and the restaurant. So server gets paid, and I give him or her a tip. I didn't get any THING for the money that I tipped, but I got something I wanted: service.

TL's games are a service. They are providing entertainment. They would like to be paid for their service. We pay them buy purchasing gems. Of course, we don't have to pay if we don't want to, just like we don't have to tip if we get horrible service at a restaurant.

pinkster73
01-03-12, 08:47 PM
Don't think of the gem items as things. Think of them as services. When I go to a restaurant, a server takes my order and brings me my food. Techincally, I don't need the server to do this. I could tell the cook what I wanted and then pick it up from the kitchen. But doing this would get annoying for both the customers and the restaurant. So server gets paid, and I give him or her a tip. I didn't get any THING for the money that I tipped, but I got something I wanted: service.

TL's games are a service. They are providing entertainment. They would like to be paid for their service. We pay them buy purchasing gems. Of course, we don't have to pay if we don't want to, just like we don't have to tip if we get horrible service at a restaurant.

That's how I think of it. The money I spend keeps me amused for an amount of time. Just like seeing a movie. You spend money to see the movie but don't leave with anything. You paid an amount of money to be entertained for some time.

pinkbarbie123
01-06-12, 11:42 PM
Yes, but if I spend money and accidentally walk into theatre 3 instead of 4 I can just turn around and go back to four to see the movie I paid for, I don't get kicked out and have to pay all over again like team lava try's to pull with the gem traps. And like I said before they think it's fair for you yo spend 100 gems for 100,000 coins so I don't think I gem for every million coins is asking a whole lot. It would still take like 6 months for the normal person to buy something big and in the meanwhile TL could be rolling out tons of other stuff.

143Blue
01-07-12, 12:07 AM
Yes, but if I spend money and accidentally walk into theatre 3 instead of 4 I can just turn around and go back to four to see the movie I paid for, I don't get kicked out and have to pay all over again like team lava try's to pull with the gem traps. And like I said before they think it's fair for you yo spend 100 gems for 100,000 coins so I don't think I gem for every million coins is asking a whole lot. It would still take like 6 months for the normal person to buy something big and in the meanwhile TL could be rolling out tons of other stuff.

idk bout u but if they had a million coins for one gem i would NEVER buy gems again like the other games that give me gems and cash like so easyly i dont buy in app stuff in them but i do wonder how they live.... prob with advertisments tho:?

aiyayu
01-07-12, 02:22 AM
While i'd love to buy gems with coins, it would be bad business. Gems are a premium currency to which affords an extra service.

But since these games are free-to-play, TL messed up royaly imo by requiring gem spending in their new goal system, turning the game into something pay-to-play to enjoy new content.