PDA

View Full Version : Rare specimens quest is broken

brighnasa
01-02-12, 09:20 AM
The Rare specimens quest asks you to own 2 snow leopards, but it pictures the cheetah. I bought two snow leopards, and I'd like to have the quest advanced. Here is a picture of the quest screen, and you can see my snow leopards at the top left. My user name is brighnasa, this is on the iPad, running os 4.3.4.

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z405/brighnasa/zoo/fd6ad747.jpg

paige1290
01-02-12, 10:33 AM
This also happened to me. Paying on the iPod Touch 32 GB. My username is paige1290. I spent gems for the Snow Leopard, but then when you click buy it takes you to the breeding screen. I'm wondering if the picture is wrong or the name of the animal is wrong. If it's the name of the animal, then I wouldn't have spent gems on the Snow Leopard, and want them back in exchange for the animal!! Please fix this so the goal can be advanced!

xSnowyOwlx
01-02-12, 01:13 PM
I've seen other quests have the words say something different from what is required (like it says have 10 of something but instead you need 20 as the counter starts at 0/20) so I'm thinking this may be something similar. In other goals I've been glad the picture wasn't the requirement (like in Fashion it shows the pink register - gems - but the black register counts).

xSnowyOwlx
01-02-12, 01:14 PM
I wonder... did you buy from going to the market or did you buy from the button "buy"? Did it take you to the snow leopard?

paige1290
01-02-12, 01:27 PM
For me, I went to the market and bought it..it was 21 games!! Then, when I clicked on the buy from the achievement screen, it took me to the crossbreeding page. So, I'm really confused now if it was supposed to be a snow leopard or a cheetah??? Hopefully I didn't just waste 21 gems on nothing, I've been saving them.

brighnasa
01-02-12, 01:40 PM
I suspect you're supposed to breed the cheetahs, but it says snow leopards, and I think they should honor it.

pinkster73
01-02-12, 01:43 PM
I suspect you're supposed to breed the cheetahs, but it says snow leopards, and I think they should honor it.

So do I. If its their error it would be the right thing to do.

paige1290
01-02-12, 01:44 PM
Do you guys suggest emailing this problem, or just keeping it reported here for someone to get to?

pinkster73
01-02-12, 01:49 PM
Do you guys suggest emailing this problem, or just keeping it reported here for someone to get to?

Both. But I'm pretty sure when you email a bug they refer you to the forum.

iusedtobedigusr
01-02-12, 01:54 PM
From looking at this, I think TL "Accidentally on Purpose" mislabeled the goal. I think it should read Breed 2 Cheetah's. The Cheetah's require a Snow Leopard and Grey Wolf and cost 53 Gems each to Breed. This way the sucker you into spending 42 Gems purchasing 2 Snow Leopard's and Figure that some people, since already spent 42 Gems may spend the other 106 to complete the REAL task and even if they don't they just got you for 42 Gems for a goal you can't complete. If it was worded correctly people would have known this task would require 135 Gems to complete including buying the 2 Jaguars. This is not what TL calls an "overzealous tapping" Gem Trap but Gem Trap just the same. If TL spent as much time fixing problems and making Customers Happy as they do devising ways of separating us from our Gems they might make more of a profit from Us instead of having people leave their games en masse.

iusedtobedigusr
01-02-12, 02:20 PM
From looking at this, I think TL "Accidentally on Purpose" mislabeled the goal. I think it should read Breed 2 Cheetah's. The Cheetah's require a Snow Leopard and Grey Wolf and cost 53 Gems each to Breed. This way the sucker you into spending 42 Gems purchasing 2 Snow Leopard's and Figure that some people, since already spent 42 Gems may spend the other 106 to complete the REAL task and even if they don't they just got you for 42 Gems for a goal you can't complete. If it was worded correctly people would have known this task would require 135 Gems to complete including buying the 2 Jaguars. This is not what TL calls an "overzealous tapping" Gem Trap but Gem Trap just the same. If TL spent as much time fixing problems and making Customers Happy as they do devising ways of separating us from our Gems they might make more of a profit from Us instead of having people leave their games en masse.

OOPs, My Bad...The 50 Gems they have gotten you for up to that point. 8 for 2 Jaguars plus 42 for 2 Snow Leopards.

kooky panda
01-02-12, 02:42 PM
Thanks paige for the PM. I am not playing zoo, but I will flag this over to a CM to see if I can find out anything for this task.

chzbrz
01-03-12, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know what comes next after this part of the rare specimens quest? I'm considering spending the 4 gems to skip having to buy snow leopards, but not going to do that if I'll just end up having to spend even more gems skipping other things in the next stage of the quest.

liathlas
01-03-12, 03:47 PM
I believe it's cheetahs, which are another gem animal.

GroupMagma
01-03-12, 03:49 PM
We've confirmed what's causing the bug. Hopefully we'll have this fixed soon. Thanks!

brighnasa
01-03-12, 06:22 PM
Awesome, mine was fixed today, thank you!

GroupMagma
01-03-12, 06:40 PM
Should be fixed now for everyone. If it persists, please let us know. :)

paige1290
01-03-12, 09:08 PM
Mine's fixed now! Thanks so much!