PDA

View Full Version : Gifting Preferences

gunther1000
01-02-12, 05:08 AM
It would be great to have a place where neighbors could see what you prefer, food vs. parts. Even better to have box to list parts you need to be gifted. Not all neighbors are reading messages before sending gifts.

Rachael98
01-02-12, 06:04 AM
I do not wish for this feature. I feel it would get in the way.
If you don't like a gift, deny it. Your neighbours who ignore wall posts would probably ignore those requests too.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Monday, 2nd January 2012-Happy New Year!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

bobbyrae
01-02-12, 06:09 AM
In life i hate bad gifts. I prefer if you don't give me anything rather than waste time on a bad gift. I suspect i adopt the same approach here. I gift you whatever you gift me. If you haven't sent a gift then i'll send you whatever i hope to receive, whether food or part, unless i already know you have a preference. I realise people play the game differently and it is only a game, but it irks me when i see that a neighbour sends me bacon and eggs or some other low yielding dish as a gift. If you refuse to send parts, why not send the highest yielding food as a gift? Bacon and eggs? Or brownies?

texas5510
01-02-12, 06:44 AM
I always send stew. 150 plates and 5 coins each. 750 coin gift is pretty nice :)

A parts needed page would be nice. Where would they put it?

I have noticed that some neighbours gift what they need. I've done that also and it seems to work most of the time.

Mark a

misukume
01-02-12, 08:23 AM
Like this?
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?22076-Gifting-Faq

pastrychef17
01-02-12, 10:26 AM
In life i hate bad gifts. I prefer if you don't give me anything rather than waste time on a bad gift. I suspect i adopt the same approach here. I gift you whatever you gift me. If you haven't sent a gift then i'll send you whatever i hope to receive, whether food or part, unless i already know you have a preference. I realise people play the game differently and it is only a game, but it irks me when i see that a neighbour sends me bacon and eggs or some other low yielding dish as a gift. If you refuse to send parts, why not send the highest yielding food as a gift? Bacon and eggs? Or brownies?

I could've written this exact post, lol. I can understand lower level players who are new to the game not realizing they're sending a low-value gift in brownies or valentine cupcakes but I once received brownies from a level 83 player. I assume they've never read my wall where I have posted asking for parts and specifying no food gifts or they sent it by mistake or they didn't care or who knows? 'course they also added me because I send parts and they needed my help to build an appliance. Deleted them as soon as I got the brownie gift.

On the OP, I wish there was a way to separate neighbors into gift lifts, one list for parts and one for food. Then gifting generally what people would want would be easier, as long as there was a way to move people back and forth between lists if their requests change.

bobbyrae
01-02-12, 10:40 AM
Lol @ you deleted them as soon as you got the brownies. I've been tempted to do the same, trust me, i have! Lol. Instead i just decline the gift and send them back some brownies :)

Texas 5510, i understand that it's difficult in restaurant especially to give people what they want as the gifting tool is challenging. I'm willing to put up with almost anything except cupcakes.lol

leadfoot
01-02-12, 11:06 AM
I think it would complicate the gift giving process. I already have 2 neighbors who have told me no food, only parts. Therefore I gift them only when I get something from them (a part), if it is a part I have too much of I reject the gift. Its a game and sometimes I don't have a lot of time to spend on it figuring out what people want to keep my restaurant going.

At this point since I'm at level 96 and have over 17 million in coins, any food gift is welcome. The sender gets what they send me in return. I have a lot of parts too but not always the right combination to build a lot of new appliances when they're released.