PDA

View Full Version : Lost Gems After Refresh!

bigbux3
01-01-12, 08:04 PM
Hi TeamLava users. Yesterday I was remodeling my restaurant, and I got the message: Oh Darn! Your Restaurant is out of sync. I hit OKAY. Then the same message popped up again exactly a second later. This time it refreshed my restaurant to how it was looking about 2 minutes before the pop-up. I looked at my gems and saw it had deducted 10 gems from my account!
I quickly emailed TeamLava (no response).
I reopened Restaurant Story and was trying to finish my remodel, and I look under the Wall Items Tab and see another door had been bought for my restaurant. I never bought another door, I didn't have the Items tab open or specifically the Wall Items Tab open during the refresh! TeamLava bought me another door! 2 doors is enough, I dont want a third!
Has anyone had an experience like this before?

pinkster73
01-01-12, 08:12 PM
Omg bigbux. I can't believe this happened to you now too. It's a missing gem epidemic.

julia3032
01-01-12, 08:25 PM
Yes, it's happened to me. I've lost 200 gems between Fashion, RS and BS in the last 3 weeks - month.

hmvl
01-01-12, 08:31 PM
Same here, except with random boxes. Total lost 48 gems. I emailed team lava a few time, but they said,"Sorry we can't reverse purchase."

babyalexis10
01-01-12, 08:32 PM
Yes, it's happened to me. I've lost 200 gems between Fashion, RS and BS in the last 3 weeks - month.

wow thats terrible..they def need an ARE YOU SURE?? button

bigbux3
01-01-12, 08:37 PM
No. I didnt make this purchase though. It happened after a refresh, and after the refresh it bought me a door. I didnt even touch the wall items.
TeamLava better refund me. If they dont... I'll cry!
Yeah! That's what I'll do! Cry!

pinkster73
01-01-12, 08:47 PM
No. I didnt make this purchase though. It happened after a refresh, and after the refresh it bought me a door. I didnt even touch the wall items.

I'll cry with you :'(

julia3032
01-01-12, 09:21 PM

*Handing you a box of tissues, keeping some for myself* They won't. I didn't bother emailing them because I didn't tap on anything either. This is deliberate. That's why they are called gem traps. They are an integral part of the game design and have been from the beginning. They intend to steal from you.

bigbux3
01-01-12, 09:44 PM
*Handing you a box of tissues, keeping some for myself* They won't. I didn't bother emailing them because I didn't tap on anything either. This is deliberate. That's why they are called gem traps. They are an integral part of the game design and have been from the beginning. They intend to steal from you.

They told me: They couldn't reverse player action in the response of user error!
This wasn't my fault though! It was on their part!!! I didn't tell the dumb pop-up to pop up! I was simply remodeling!!! TeamLava is stealing from their users while they expect good rates and reviews! We use our money (sometimes money we dont have) to buy valuable gems and cash! Sometimes it takes months to earn gems and cash! MONTHS!
They're basically placing blame on me for a pop-up!!!!!! I never bought the door! I never made the pop-up pop up! I never made my gems disappear! TeamLava is stealing from us!!!!

bigbux3
01-01-12, 09:48 PM
Honestly, I bought gems on Christmas, then 2 days after Christmas! I earned those gems! 50 gems! And to have them disappear and buy an item I didn't even touch! I could say it's stealing. It wouldn't be possible for someone to hack my account though. I had 42 gems, now I have 32. I earned 1 gem back today through mastery though giving me 33.
I'm mad and sad at the same time.
*Grabbing the box of tissues*

pinkster73
01-01-12, 09:51 PM
They always blame it on the player. Always.

bigbux3
01-01-12, 09:52 PM
They always blame it on the player. Always.

How can a pop-up become my fault though? If they'd just think about that...

pinkster73
01-01-12, 09:53 PM
My total lost now is 89.

pinkster73
01-01-12, 09:54 PM
How can a pop-up become my fault though? If they'd just think about that...

They have said, and I quote, that's its due to "overzealous tapping". They would say to tap slower and more carefully. I've read it many times.

bigbux3
01-01-12, 09:57 PM
They have said, and I quote, that's its due to "overzealous tapping". They would say to tap slower and more carefully. I've read it many times.

But the pop-up deducted my gems. I never tapped too many times, I didn't tap too fast. I just tapped "Okay" and it went away. But I saw it took 10 gems with it.
I'm tired of TeamLava taking advantage of us. If this was my fault I wouldn't've sent an email, or posted this thread.

pinkster73
01-01-12, 09:59 PM
But the pop-up deducted my gems. I never tapped too many times, I didn't tap too fast. I just tapped "Okay" and it went away. But I saw it took 10 gems with it.
I'm tired of TeamLava taking advantage of us. If this was my fault I wouldn't've sent an email, or posted this thread.

Oh I know, and I fully believe you. And I agree.

bigbux3
01-01-12, 10:05 PM
Oh I know, and I fully believe you. And I agree.

If this company wants to make money, they should listen to their users.
I found a thread that said when you download these games, make the rating list and review in iTunes or the Android Market your friend.

pinkster73
01-01-12, 10:08 PM
If this company wants to make money, they should listen to their users.
I found a thread that said when you download these games, make the rating list and review in iTunes or the Android Market your friend.

Yes I've read that one. You have every right to rate an app what you feel is right and comment on why.

bigbux3
01-01-12, 10:12 PM
Yes I've read that one. You have every right to rate an app what you feel is right and comment on why.

Even right now. I feel like I'm voiding TeamLava's terms and rules. But it's so hard of how to choose the right words when... when... your heart's been ripped out by the sweet girl down the street who sells you candy... for FREE!(expression)
Even so, if my account doesn't turn out to be suspended or banned, I'll feel better because I'd have spoken for all the users that have fallen into "gem traps".

bigbux3
01-01-12, 10:12 PM
Even right now. I feel like I'm voiding TeamLava's terms and rules. But it's so hard of how to choose the right words when... when... your heart's been ripped out by the sweet girl down the street who sells you candy... for FREE!(expression)
Even so, if my account doesn't turn out to be suspended or banned, I'll feel better because I'd have spoken for all the users that have fallen into "gem traps".

I mean does. Not doesn't.

pinkster73
01-01-12, 10:15 PM

You have not violated the tos in this thread as far as I can see. You expressed yourself without personal attacks or insults. You were very civil. I wouldn't worry about that.

iusedtobedigusr
01-01-12, 10:17 PM
It may have been the one I started and point still stands. I just looked at main page of forum and it has 21,300 members but only 4,422 active members. So your not posting to a very big % of current customers or any future customers if just post here. Post here on hopes someone can finally help. But if upset with situations here, should post at markets too, to warn or let others know what you think, be it good or bad.

bigbux3
01-01-12, 10:23 PM
It may have been the one I started and point still stands. I just looked at main page of forum and it has 21,300 members but only 4,422 active members. So your not posting to a very big % of current customers or any future customers if just post here. Post here on hopes someone can finally help. But if upset with situations here, should post at markets too, to warn or let others know what you think, be it good or bad.

You have not violated the tos in this thread as far as I can see. You expressed yourself without personal attacks or insults. You were very civil. I wouldn't worry about that.

Really good info.
But I am still mad. But I forgot, this is TeamLava: TeamLava LLC. LLC standing for Limited Liability Company. Meaning they're not responsible for the mistakes we make, and surely not for the mistakes they make! I mean, I made an accidental purchase in Zoo Story 2 and emailed support. They checked the servers and saw I made the purchase when I believed I didn't. They proved me wrong.
Why didn't they check the servers this time? I even gave them the time it happened.

pinkster73
01-01-12, 10:42 PM
Really good info.
But I am still mad. But I forgot, this is TeamLava: TeamLava LLC. LLC standing for Limited Liability Company. Meaning they're not responsible for the mistakes we make, and surely not for the mistakes they make! I mean, I made an accidental purchase in Zoo Story 2 and emailed support. They checked the servers and saw I made the purchase when I believed I didn't. They proved me wrong.
Why didn't they check the servers this time? I even gave them the time it happened.

Ask them again to check it. I don't see why they wouldn't

bigbux3
01-01-12, 10:51 PM
Ask them again to check it. I don't see why they wouldn't

Just did. They still keep telling me they cant reverse player action and they "apologize" for inconvenience.
I'm not asking for the action to be reversed, I'm just asking to be refunded and for them to take the door out of my inventory. I don't need a third door!

julia3032
01-01-12, 11:23 PM
Just did. They still keep telling me they cant reverse player action and they "apologize" for inconvenience.
I'm not asking for the action to be reversed, I'm just asking to be refunded and for them to take the door out of my inventory. I don't need a third door!

I know just how you feel and it has really depressed and angered me as well. In Fashion Story, I woke up and opened my game and there were 24 gems missing. That was just on one occasion. I played for 5 months last year and never lost gems except for a few times when I DID tap on a box or whatever, but I quickly learned to be careful. They have done something to increase the amount of gem traps. In Bakery I lost 55 gems when I opened my goals. I didn't touch the right side of the screen where you can spend gems to advance you through the goals and yet it took my 55 gems and advanced me to the next level of goals. They are not going to refund your money even though you have not done anything to cause it. They use that "overzealous tapping" excuse and their servers will show that you purchased something even though you didn't. And yes, they are thieves. They are stealing. This is deliberate. I've played RS and BS since the day they came out...before that I was playing City Story. We have been asking for confirmation buttons from the beginning. That would get rid of overzealous tapping. They have been totally silent on this issue even though it is the # 1 complaint. That should tell you all you need to know as to their intentions. So Sorry for you...I do know how you feel.

pinkster73
01-01-12, 11:30 PM
Here, I brought some more Kleenex

julia3032
01-01-12, 11:31 PM
Here, I brought some more Kleenex

Sniff...thank pinkster...you always make me smile!

pinkster73
01-01-12, 11:35 PM
Sniff...thank pinkster...you always make me smile!

Well if I can't replace your gems I might as well bring Kleenex

pinkster73
01-01-12, 11:38 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/images-8-2.jpg

bigbux3
01-01-12, 11:40 PM
I know just how you feel and it has really depressed and angered me as well. In Fashion Story, I woke up and opened my game and there were 24 gems missing. That was just on one occasion. I played for 5 months last year and never lost gems except for a few times when I DID tap on a box or whatever, but I quickly learned to be careful. They have done something to increase the amount of gem traps. In Bakery I lost 55 gems when I opened my goals. I didn't touch the right side of the screen where you can spend gems to advance you through the goals and yet it took my 55 gems and advanced me to the next level of goals. They are not going to refund your money even though you have not done anything to cause it. They use that "overzealous tapping" excuse and their servers will show that you purchased something even though you didn't. And yes, they are thieves. They are stealing. This is deliberate. I've played RS and BS since the day they came out...before that I was playing City Story. We have been asking for confirmation buttons from the beginning. That would get rid of overzealous tapping. They have been totally silent on this issue even though it is the # 1 complaint. That should tell you all you need to know as to their intentions. So Sorry for you...I do know how you feel.

Oh. My. Gosh. I just dont understand. If they want to become one of the best companies, then why don't they take responsibility for their actions? We dont control the errors or server syncs ( if that makes sense) we're just the consumers. We deserve better service. Honestly, I dont want to stop until something gets done. It wasn't my fault, and your story, julia, wasn't your fault either!
I am tired of paying for gems that end up disappearing while they benefit from our money and make a lot of it, but wont refund us for something they botched.

bigbux3
01-01-12, 11:41 PM

*sniffle* Thank You!!!!!
*crrrrrrrrry*
*teeeeeear*

julia3032
01-01-12, 11:48 PM
I'm not sure there is any recourse. I fought them for months about the fact that they claimed "free weekly updates" and until recently, we never had one weekly update and still don't for Android players and some of the games. I just wanted them to remove that info from their advert if they weren't going to follow through with it. We never got any kind of response about that either...I finally just left. But we had a few lawyers on here then that I was friendly with and they basically said that this is their policy, we have no proof other than our word that we didn't unintentionally purchase something. Some one else pointed out recently that the pop ups are positioned to be hit "accidentally" because they are right where we would tap for normal actions. I don't understand how they think this is right either, but one day they will have to answer...either in this life or the next.

julia3032
01-01-12, 11:49 PM

ROFL!!!! Thank you!

pinkster73
01-01-12, 11:51 PM
I'm not sure there is any recourse. I fought them for months about the fact that they claimed "free weekly updates" and until recently, we never had one weekly update and still don't for Android players and some of the games. I just wanted them to remove that info from their advert if they weren't going to follow through with it. We never got any kind of response about that either...I finally just left. But we had a few lawyers on here then that I was friendly with and they basically said that this is their policy, we have no proof other than our word that we didn't unintentionally purchase something. Some one else pointed out recently that the pop ups are positioned to be hit "accidentally" because they are right where we would tap for normal actions. I don't understand how they think this is right either, but one day they will have to answer...either in this life or the next.

I'm STILL waiting for karma to get a few people. Guess I'll keep waiting :p

joyous16
01-01-12, 11:56 PM
I was just about to start the discussion (once again) with TL about not being able to even purchase gems. Now, you've reminded me why I'm lucky I can't! I've fallen into so many gem traps myself... I'm going to start crying and screaming all at once again! Hope you don't mind if I borrow a tissue :(

julia3032
01-01-12, 11:59 PM
I'm STILL waiting for karma to get a few people. Guess I'll keep waiting :p

In their next life I can only hope that they will be a player of TL games and have every sadistic thing visited upon them. LOL.

bigbux3
01-02-12, 12:28 AM
They are taking advantage of us. Their own users!!!!
It makes me feel sick inside. No really (I'm having acid reflux) TMI.

sourlicorice2
01-02-12, 10:08 AM
Sry this happened. I know how u feel. I've had gems not really stolen but tricked out of. When they came out with the clock tables they were 3 gems so I bought some for RS and BS. Then not even a half hour later they had changed them to coins. Could have used some of pinksters tissues then :-( Lesson learned. I'll always wait 2 to 3 days before I buy anything for gems again just in case they change them to coins but if they change it after 3 days I'll just quit buying gems altogether. TL are a bunch of thieves. they don't care about their customers. All that matters to them is money. I feel sry for the moderators who have to bear the brunt of these issues while TL stick their heads in the sand...cowards. The moderators are great and do a fantastic job, wish TL would follow their example may be then TL would deserve a five star rating instead of a 1 or 2.

bigbux3
01-02-12, 12:37 PM
Sry this happened. I know how u feel. I've had gems not really stolen but tricked out of. When they came out with the clock tables they were 3 gems so I bought some for RS and BS. Then not even a half hour later they had changed them to coins. Could have used some of pinksters tissues then :-( Lesson learned. I'll always wait 2 to 3 days before I buy anything for gems again just in case they change them to coins but if they change it after 3 days I'll just quit buying gems altogether. TL are a bunch of thieves. they don't care about their customers. All that matters to them is money. I feel sry for the moderators who have to bear the brunt of these issues while TL stick their heads in the sand...cowards. The moderators are great and do a fantastic job, wish TL would follow their example may be then TL would deserve a five star rating instead of a 1 or 2.

You were one of them? I remember when the games first started, like the first months of City Story, I was low on coins and I wanted the Pet Hospital. I finally got enough and when I went to buy it, it WAS FOR 35 CITY CASH! I still never bought it, but still want it.
Last night, TeamLava checked the servers, and told me I did buy the door.
How in the world can I buy a door if a pop-up is in the way????!!!!!!!!!!!!

julia3032
01-02-12, 01:10 PM

Ooooh! That makes me burn! Now that is one of the most outrageous things and no excuse whatsoever for them to not refund the gems. I cannot think of another store, company, that would not make a refund under these circumstances! But again, it comes down to their policy. Which is criminal as far as I'm concerned.

Tazzyfan
01-02-12, 01:34 PM
Thank you for posting this information. This happened to me on December 4th in Bakery Story. I sent an e-mail right away and received a response about 30-minutes later indicating the same about reversing purchases. I've been reading the various posts looking for a solution and came across this one today. Not familiar with this type of business practice but now I'm really unhappy. I just sent another message letting them know that their response is not acceptable, I want the issue referred to a higher level and I want the gems returned. I don't purchase gems, I earn them and that darn Dainty Piano cost just about all of the ones I had. I may be a casual user, not real competitive but the game is a good way to pass time for me. But, I don't like being taken advantage of and the thread here appears that I may have been. If this works or if I receive additional information, I'll post here so others are aware. I knew their response was too generic but since I had never sent them a message, I did not know for sure. Now I know......!

bigbux3
01-02-12, 01:34 PM
Those who reply: please number answers 1,2,3... yes or no

Quick Questions

1. Do pop-ups immobilize you?

2. When pop-ups are in the way, can you do anything until you dismiss them?

3. When you buy an item that costs gems, you see a -(amount of gems) and a gem itself go up into the air until it disappears.

4. The only way to purchase a wall item is to select the item and tap the wall?

Correct answers: 1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes

bigbux3
01-02-12, 01:37 PM
Thank you for posting this information. This happened to me on December 4th in Bakery Story. I sent an e-mail right away and received a response about 30-minutes later indicating the same about reversing purchases. I've been reading the various posts looking for a solution and came across this one today. Not familiar with this type of business practice but now I'm really unhappy. I just sent another message letting them know that their response is not acceptable, I want the issue referred to a higher level and I want the gems returned. I don't purchase gems, I earn them and that darn Dainty Piano cost just about all of the ones I had. I may be a casual user, not real competitive but the game is a good way to pass time for me. But, I don't like being taken advantage of and the thread here appears that I may have been. If this works or if I receive additional information, I'll post here so others are aware. I knew their response was too generic but since I had never sent them a message, I did not know for sure. Now I know......!

Sorry. But TeamLava would never do a refund on gems. They told me before that gems are rare items that they "cannot" refund. But if you'd like, please answer the questions above.

pinkster73
01-02-12, 02:02 PM
I don't understand the quiz

bigbux3
01-02-12, 02:06 PM
I don't understand the quiz

Huh?
Answer the questions yes or no, and number them 1(yes or no) 2(yes or no) 3(yes or no) 4(yes or no)

bigbux3
01-02-12, 02:18 PM
I sent in an email with proof saying no one can buy an item when a pop-up is in your way or without tapping the wall, you cannot buy a wall item.

pinkster73
01-02-12, 02:28 PM
I sent in an email with proof saying no one can buy an item when a pop-up is in your way or without tapping the wall, you cannot buy a wall item.

Ah ok. I meant I didn't understand the point you were making with the quiz. I do now. I can't take the quiz though, I only farm (no walls), and I rarely get pop ups during the game, just at the beginning.

bigbux3
01-02-12, 02:37 PM
Ah ok. I meant I didn't understand the point you were making with the quiz. I do now. I can't take the quiz though, I only farm (no walls), and I rarely get pop ups during the game, just at the beginning.

Oh. I thought you played Fashion Story though.
But, yeah. My point was to prove I didn't buy it. I sent in those answers in a new email to them. (no response)
I remember I was earning gems left to right when Farm Story first came out. They had offers that if you downloaded a game, you'd get gems.

bigbux3
01-02-12, 05:26 PM
I don't want this thread to become dead. I want TeamLava to understand that the way to keep customers is by doing great customer service.

pinkster73
01-02-12, 06:06 PM
Oh. I thought you played Fashion Story though.
But, yeah. My point was to prove I didn't buy it. I sent in those answers in a new email to them. (no response)
I remember I was earning gems left to right when Farm Story first came out. They had offers that if you downloaded a game, you'd get gems.

Ah yes I remember those good old days..... :)

bigbux3
01-02-12, 06:12 PM
Ah yes I remember those good old days..... :)

So why did you stop? Gem loss?

pinkster73
01-02-12, 06:28 PM
So why did you stop? Gem loss?

No I only play farm because it freaked me out when people started walking in my store then they weren't happy and I felt pressured and I was like AHHHHH!!!!

I prefer the slower paced, people free farm.

bigbux3
01-02-12, 07:03 PM
No I only play farm because it freaked me out when people started walking in my store then they weren't happy and I felt pressured and I was like AHHHHH!!!!

Oh..........

01-02-12, 08:25 PM

I hear this a lot from nbrs that farm is more of a relaxing game...

Yes the good old days and my farm still have like 100ish gems at level 20ish forever... Lol

bigbux3
01-02-12, 08:33 PM
TeamLava wont respond to any of my emails. I guess they refuse to argue.

nmishii
01-02-12, 09:51 PM

From your original post, you lost the gems on Sat, Dec 31, New Years Eve. Sun was New Years Day. Today (Monday) is the New Years observed holiday since New Years fell on Sunday. They had limited support over the holidays, and those three days along with the Christmas holidays were probably more limited than the other days.

Give them a break. The TL employees need to be able to enjoy the holidays also. When your request gets to the top of the queue, they'll respond. Note that if you are sending additional emails, your requests drops down the queue and it'll take longer for them to respond.

bigbux3
01-02-12, 10:42 PM
From your original post, you lost the gems on Sat, Dec 31, New Years Eve. Sun was New Years Day. Today (Monday) is the New Years observed holiday since New Years fell on Sunday. They had limited support over the holidays, and those three days along with the Christmas holidays were probably more limited than the other days.

Give them a break. The TL employees need to be able to enjoy the holidays also. When your request gets to the top of the queue, they'll respond. Note that if you are sending additional emails, your requests drops down the queue and it'll take longer for them to respond.

Oh. Well, yesterday they were taking 20 minutes to respond to each message. Great, now I know not to keep replying.
Thanks!

pinkster73
01-02-12, 10:47 PM
Rachael has a link where you can check on the status of your ticket

felicitybliss
01-02-12, 11:12 PM

If they won't respond to email, then telephone them directly. Contact apple or google checkout to lodge a complaint. If you paid for gems via a credit card, then lodge a dispute with CC company. Then, contact your congressperson and provide information about needed reform of consumer protection laws (example: opt out/block buttons should be mandatory in all applications).

I have provided the following information previously:

Once a company does not meet my satisfaction to resolve problems, then I seek other avenues for satisfaction. For example, the US federal trade commission has a complaint system. It does not resolve individual complaints, but monitors trends. If a trend appears to be an issue, then it proceeds with legal and civil actions. http://www.ftc.gov

If you are a citizen of another country, then you need to file a complaint with the consumer protection department of your country. http://www.econsumer.gov/english/members/overview.shtm. The link provides the web links for 13 countries, which are in the econsumer consortium that helps consumers lodge cross-border complaints. Example: as a us citizen, I purchase a purchase a purse from an online retailer in the UK. The store doesn't send my purse and keeps my money. I can file a complaint through the consortium--US and UK officials work to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps. Consumers are never powerless.

Other tactics I have used previously to address issues of concern include: contacting media (including bloggers), writing briefs or providing testimony for lawmakers, etc, etc....on occasion, I grab a bullhorn and a sign to make my opinion known :).

It is up to you to decide how you want to proceed. TL seems to have made their final decision (my assumption from your post)......

bigbux3
01-02-12, 11:24 PM
If they won't respond to email, then telephone them directly. Contact apple or google checkout to lodge a complaint. If you paid for gems via a credit card, then lodge a dispute with CC company. Then, contact your congressperson and provide information about needed reform of consumer protection laws (example: opt out/block buttons should be mandatory in all applications).

I have provided the following information previously:

Other tactics I have used previously to address issues of concern include: contacting media (including bloggers), writing briefs or providing testimony for lawmakers, etc, etc....on occasion, I grab a bullhorn and a sign to make my opinion known :).

It is up to you to decide how you want to proceed. TL seems to have made their final decision (my assumption from your post)......

I didn't buy gems, I just LOST them. Because TeamLava bought me door and blamed it on me!

felicitybliss
01-03-12, 07:37 AM
I didn't buy gems, I just LOST them. Because TeamLava bought me door and blamed it on me!

Let me understand. You did not ever purchase gems directly from TL. These were completely earned from gameplay. Correct?

If that is the case, then skip the credit card part. Everything else remains correct. Gems have a cash value associated with ~.25 USD value. Apple and google checkout are under investigation due to the behaviors of the apps it carries and the volume of complaints received from consumers. The FTC provided testimony to US congress in May 2011 regarding these issue. The testimony is about 28 pages long and availbale online. Let FTC know how you lost money due to the lack of consumer protection like opt out buttons.

If the lost gems were part of a previously purchased package, then use info in first post.

bigbux3
01-03-12, 08:58 AM
Let me understand. You did not ever purchase gems directly from TL. These were completely earned from gameplay. Correct?

If that is the case, then skip the credit card part. Everything else remains correct. Gems have a cash value associated with ~.25 USD value. Apple and google checkout are under investigation due to the behaviors of the apps it carries and the volume of complaints received from consumers. The FTC provided testimony to US congress in May 2011 regarding these issue. The testimony is about 28 pages long and availbale online. Let FTC know how you lost money due to the lack of consumer protection like opt out buttons.

If the lost gems were part of a previously purchased package, then use info in first post.

Uhhh...no. I bought gems on Christmas, giving me a LOT of gems (because I paid for them). However, I wasn't credited on bundle of 50 gems I bought, and TeamLava knows because I emailed them. Two days later, I received the gems, leaving me with 93 gems. I spent a few gems, leaving me with 50 flat. I then bought 2 Holiday Lamps for 6 gems each (12) and saved the rest. By this time I mastered 2 new dishes, having 42 gems left and ready to SAVE.
New Years Eve: I begin remodeling. I have 42 gems and the refresh screen pops up. Then another screen pops up exactly a second later. (Get this part) After the second refresh, it refreshed my restaurant to the way it looked about two minutes before the refresh screen popped up! Why would my restaurant change and 10 gems be gone if I had 42 during the time of the first refresh and before? TeamLava bought a 10 gem door for me and told me I bought it!

(If this doesn't make sense, keep reading it over, HOPEFULLY, it'll prove I didn't buy the door)

barleycoon
01-03-12, 09:10 AM
Hi bigbux3, i'm so sorry this has happened to you. If you have concern's reply back to the last email you recieved detailing everything that happened, include your storm8 ID and the game it occurred on. Did you manage to get any screenshots at all while this happened?

bigbux3
01-03-12, 09:17 AM
I think this is a big issue, and TeamLava should fix it, or just believe their customers and refund gems and cash. Why would I want a third door? How can I have 42 gems after the first refresh and 32 gems after the second refresh? How can I purchase a door if I don't have the Wall Items Tab open? How can I purchase a door if I dont tap the door icon itself or even tap the wall to buy the door? How can I purchase ANY item if there's a pop-up in my way? If this wasn't a glitch, then why was my restaurant fine before and after the refresh, still having my restaurant looking how I was remodeling it and having 42 gems?! Then after the second refresh, how come my restaurant changed back to the way it looked 2 minutes before the first refresh and it bought me another door? There is no way to prove I bought the door if you saw me. But there is "proof" from TeamLava servers. If there's a new process, I wanna learn about it!
I DIDN'T BUY THE DOOR!

bigbux3
01-03-12, 09:20 AM
Hi bigbux3, i'm so sorry this has happened to you. If you have concern's reply back to the last email you recieved detailing everything that happened, include your storm8 ID and the game it occurred on. Did you manage to get any screenshots at all while this happened?

Dangit. No! After the first refresh I didn't know I was gonna get another pop-up buying my door.
This was a good idea. Ugh! I just don't want TeamLava taking advantage of their customers and expected good ratings and money off us. We make them money by buying cash and gems, the least they could do is good customer service and refund OUR money.

bigbux3
01-03-12, 09:47 AM
New Years Eve I decided to remodel my restaurant from Christmas. I begin around 7:30 or so. I'm under the design feature around 7:35-7:40 and the Items Tab isn't even up to select/purchase/view items that are in the store. I'm moving my items already out of storage around in restaurant. I have 50 gems and buy 2 Holiday Lamps for 6 gems each (12). Leaving me with 42 gems. I continue moving my items out of storage around till I get a look I really like. Then a pop-up screen reading: "OH NO! Your restaurant is out of sync with our servers. We have refreshed your restaurant for you"
I press: OKAY
I still have 42 gems after the first refresh. Exactly a second later another pop-up pops up and reads the same Refresh message: "OH NO! Your restaurant is out of sync with our servers. We have refreshed your restaurant for you"
I press: OKAY
I then look at my gems and see I now have 32 gems instead of 42.
Then I quickly email and inform TeamLava.

Few Questions. Yes or No

If there is a pop-up on your screen, then only way to move ahead is to dismiss it?

The only way to buy an item is to tap on the item in store and tap anywhere to place?

Specifically, the only way to buy an wall item is to tap the item in the store and double tap a place on the wall?

If a pop-up is in your way, can you buy anything?

How can I have 42 gems after the first refresh and 32 gems after the second refresh if the second pop-up popped up exactly ONE second later?

If this wasn't a glitch and I purchased the door myself, then why after the second refresh, my restaurant changed back to way it looked 2 minutes before the refresh when I only had 2 doors? (one on the wall, and one in my inventory)

If this wasn't a glitch, then why are many people experiencing the same problem?

Cynthia0815
01-03-12, 05:23 PM
That's too bad!Hope u would get the lost gems back!

sillyshell32
01-03-12, 05:27 PM
It's sad. I've had a lot of fun playing these games. But, if they are going to STEAL and be otherwise unethical....then guess what? We all have the power to put them out of business. Buy nothing else from them and like magic....they all need new jobs.

bigbux3
01-03-12, 05:38 PM
It's sad. I've had a lot of fun playing these games. But, if they are going to STEAL and be otherwise unethical....then guess what? We all have the power to put them out of business. Buy nothing else from them and like magic....they all need new jobs.

TeamLava is strict on their Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Copyright Policy! They mostly list that if something happens to our things under our account, they can control if they want to refund us or not. If we lose, as they say "virtual currency", then we as users are now responsible even if it isn't our fault. We have no control if we lose anything, but it's our fault.

bigbux3
01-16-12, 06:42 PM
TeamLava still hasn't refunded me. I'd join a gem strike.

happyday5
01-16-12, 08:39 PM
I'm joining your strike in a show of solidarity.

felicitybliss
01-16-12, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't strike as it is only effective if it is highly organized. However, I would (and have):

... telephone them directly. Contact apple or google checkout to lodge a complaint. If you paid for gems via a credit card, then lodge a dispute with CC company. Then, contact your congressperson and provide information about needed reform of consumer protection laws (example: opt out/block buttons should be mandatory in all applications). File a complaint with FTC.gov as it has real power to create change and the ability to initiate civil/criminal proceedings, if appropriate.

It is up to you to decide how you want to proceed. ..

Consumers are never powerless --if they take action.

bigbux3
01-16-12, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't strike as it is only effective if it is highly organized. However, I would (and have):

Consumers are never powerless --if they take action.

If TL sees how many of their customers are fed up with this nonsense, then why dont they make a change?

felicitybliss
01-16-12, 10:00 PM
If TL sees how many of their customers are fed up with this nonsense, then why dont they make a change?
Personally, I think that the forum is a very small part of their clientele. I think the overwhelming majority of players never come to the forums. At this point, TL profitability is quite high. When/if profitability starts to suffer, then it will quickly change. Simply, TL has no motivation to change at this point. From my experience and education, many/all businesses face cycles: times are good, times are bad. TL will face those challenges as well. Hopefully, it has created strong consumer relationships to make it through those tough times. If not, it is called bankruptcy, sell, or closure. :):) :) :)

bigbux3
01-16-12, 10:29 PM
Personally, I think that the forum is a very small part of their clientele. I think the overwhelming majority of players never come to the forums. At this point, TL profitability is quite high. When/if profitability starts to suffer, then it will quickly change. Simply, TL has no motivation to change at this point. From my experience and education, many/all businesses face cycles: times are good, times are bad. TL will face those challenges as well. Hopefully, it has created strong consumer relationships to make it through those tough times. If not, it is called bankruptcy, sell, or closure. :):) :) :)

How bout closure if they dont make a change.

felicitybliss
01-16-12, 10:44 PM
How bout closure if they dont make a change.

During tough times, there are only four choices (that I am aware of): adapt, reorganize through legal means, sell, or close.

Someone else may know of other options, but these are the only choices I know. :)

landa001
01-17-12, 04:46 AM
I was earning gems to expand in BS. After it place all finished food items on the counters. I get sign saying out of sync. Then next thing I know all of my gems are gone but 3. I put in a lot of time & labor to earn those gems and want them back. I had just earned another gem making it 28 gems earned. Then the out of sync pops up then when the game I assume goes back to normal I have 3 gems remaining. My mobile is the iPod touch 4th gener.

Landa001

bigbux3
01-17-12, 07:41 AM
I was earning gems to expand in BS. After it place all finished food items on the counters. I get sign saying out of sync. Then next thing I know all of my gems are gone but 3. I put in a lot of time & labor to earn those gems and want them back. I had just earned another gem making it 28 gems earned. Then the out of sync pops up then when the game I assume goes back to normal I have 3 gems remaining. My mobile is the iPod touch 4th gener.

Landa001

TeamLava knows that this is such a new and common glitch! I dont understand when they get a lot of support messages saying a sync error took their gems and they blame the player for the loss of gems. They need to be better... (company) parents towards their (customers) children.

barleycoon
01-17-12, 08:21 AM

Landa001

Hi, I replied to you on another thread. It's best to email support@teamlava.com for your issues regarding your missing gems.

bigbux3
01-17-12, 04:22 PM
Hi, I replied to you on another thread. It's best to email support@teamlava.com for your issues regarding your missing gems.

What's the point of support if they have to follow a script. It feels like no one is really helping me when I talk to support.