PDA

View Full Version : What are your new year resolutions?

casadolce
01-01-12, 12:03 PM
I'm torn between "save room for dessert", "use the bus less", and "not to buy any gems until TL removes the unethical practice of setting gem traps".

pinkster73
01-01-12, 12:32 PM
I don't make actual new years resolutions, but this year I would like to paint my house, and cut my hair. I'm trying to work up the courage to cut about a foot off but every time I go to the haircutters I chicken out and get a trim.

iusedtobedigusr
01-01-12, 12:36 PM
I'm torn between "save room for dessert", "use the bus less", and "not to buy any gems until TL removes the unethical practice of setting gem traps".

LMAO. Was gonna say same thing about Gems as my really easy to keep resolution. Quitting Smoking the Hard one that I haven't kept yet for years and years.

casadolce
01-01-12, 01:17 PM
...cut my hair. I'm trying to work up the courage to cut about a foot off but every time I go to the haircutters I chicken out and get a trim.

The summer just before I attended high school, I had more than a foot cut off my hair (big girls have short hair, right?) and cried my eyes out for two days.

casadolce
01-01-12, 01:18 PM
LMAO. Was gonna say same thing about Gems as my really easy to keep resolution. Quitting Smoking the Hard one that I haven't kept yet for years and years.

Quitting smoking is good. I think I've seen ONE successful case.

pinkster73
01-01-12, 02:29 PM
The summer just before I attended high school, I had more than a foot cut off my hair (big girls have short hair, right?) and cried my eyes out for two days.

Gee thanks. That made me feel more brave ha ha

casadolce
01-01-12, 03:10 PM
Gee thanks. That made me feel more brave ha ha

You're welcome heehee...consider yourself warned :)

Rachael98
01-01-12, 03:24 PM

Quitting smoking is good. I think I've seen ONE successful case.

Sissy did...;)
And I know...um...yeah, one person to ever give it up IRL...

However, give it up.
I'm not sure if it's lucky, but I've been completely scared out of it because my father is a...very...heavy smoker (ie. 2-3 King-Size packs per day, in the past, though less now). The damage he's done...he's pretty much blind, something that's helped along by smoking (I don't wish to go into details) has stopped him from working, and he can hardly walk.
Furthermore, over the years, it's helped cost him around ?[GBP] 100k.

Don't start, or stop immediately if you have.

Now, my NYR. I want to be more helpful (for examPoe, I helped someone persuade their son that he wanted to rescue battery hens, not spend his life savings on a tortoise. And I told someone how to install some software to stop their daughter from sneaking on the computer at night...):p.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Sunday, 1st January 2012-Happy New Year!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

babyalexis10
01-01-12, 04:25 PM
lol thats like me..i do need to trim my hair soon but i refuse to cut off more than a couple of inches..my hair is very long almost all the way down my back..the day i do cut it off im going to donate it to ppl who have cancer :)

pinkster73
01-01-12, 04:29 PM
lol thats like me..i do need to trim my hair soon but i refuse to cut off more than a couple of inches..my hair is very long almost all the way down my back..the day i do cut it off im going to donate it to ppl who have cancer :)

Do they take color treated hair for that? I've been dying mine so long I don't even know what my natural color would be ha ha

iusedtobedigusr
01-01-12, 04:32 PM
Think some do some don't found this link. If not allowed to post, remove it.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_6891674_specifications-donating-hair.html

babyalexis10
01-01-12, 04:35 PM
Do they take color treated hair for that? I've been dying mine so long I don't even know what my natural color would be ha ha

yes i do believe that they take color treated hair..my hair is black but as long as your not dyeing in green or something like that lol then you should be fine :)

pinkster73
01-01-12, 04:37 PM
I think I fall into the not acceptable category because my hair is blonde. Obviously not naturally ha ha

pinkster73
01-01-12, 04:39 PM
yes i do believe that they take color treated hair..my hair is black but as long as your not dyeing in green or something like that lol then you should be fine :)

Actually one time I did have green hair. My hair is pretty light then I dyed it black and it was supposed to wash out in 8 washes but instead turned green after like 3 washes. Oops.

babyalexis10
01-01-12, 04:43 PM
Actually one time I did have green hair. My hair is pretty light then I dyed it black and it was supposed to wash out in 8 washes but instead turned green after like 3 washes. Oops.

ouch! thats like me but the opposite..my hair is naturally black but one year when i was like 17 i dyed my hair blond atleast i was hoping it came out blond but nope it came out orange..so i was wearing a hat for like a week straight..finally it turned a dark blond..so until i dyed it back to blond i was called shakira lol