PDA

View Full Version : Why does TL like bakery story more than restaurant story?

IchigoHollow
12-31-11, 01:22 PM
Now my point is, that it's a lot easier to earn coins/xp in bakery story than in restaurant story. Normally I wouldn't care. But one of the new goals in RS is to buy a 2.5m chocolate fountain. I'm not an extremely high level player, so earning that much coin seems pretty far-fetched to me. But looking at the weekly update items in BS compared to RS, you earn A LOT more coin and xp. Here are the total coins and xp earned per hr for some comparisons.

RS:

Baked Pears
- Total coins per hr spent cooking: 412.5
- XP per hr spent cooking: 9.625

Meat Pie
- Total coins per hr spent cooking: 431.25
- XP per hr spent cooking: 8.625

Morning Cheer
- Total coins per hr spent cooking: 350
- XP per hr spent cooking: 9.833

Olives and Cheese
- Total coins per hr spent cooking: 666.67
- XP per hr spent cooking: 8.4167

BS:

Chocolate Cherry Trifle
- Total coins per hr spent cooking: 1062.5
- XP per hr spent cooking: 11.125

Red Velvet Cookies
- Total coins per hr spent cooking: 2366.67
- XP per hr spent cooking: 14

Key Lime Pie
- Total coins per hr spent cooking: 1516.67
- XP per hr spent cooking: 8.33

Pecan Pie
- Total coins per hr spent cooking: 1075
- XP per hr spent cooking: 11.75

Jasmine Tea
- Total coins per hr spent cooking: 3300
- XP per hr spent cooking: 84

The differences between the 2 games is pretty apparent. So if you're going to make a challenge, TL, that requires 2.5m coins. At least add some weekly update recipes that make it easy to earn some quick coin. Not all of us are level 70+ with millions lying around. Just my 2 cents.

Have a happy new year.

julia3032
12-31-11, 01:40 PM
Not only that, customers are in and out in BS within 15 seconds. RS customers are 30 seconds. So not only low coins, but not as many customers per minute.

bawpotter
12-31-11, 06:47 PM
I also have noticed this, very interesting.

carollwee
12-31-11, 11:28 PM
Ya agree with you.. I level 84 also can't afford that amount.. Cos I usually dont save up.. I going to giveup on this quest..

pinkster73
12-31-11, 11:30 PM
Maybe they have a sweet tooth? Hey, I didn't have a better answer :p

gott99
01-01-12, 01:34 AM
RS meal can take around 30s to consume,
While BS meal can take around 10s.

robynznest
01-01-12, 01:31 PM
It does seem that it's easier to earn coins with BS, and more to buy with them. In RS it doesn't seem that there are as many options for decorations, especially with floor tiles, unless you want to spend lots of gems. Which game is older? Maybe the older game is more developed, or, conversely, maybe the newer game gets more attention from TL. (?) Who knows.

kitthecat
01-02-12, 01:24 AM
It does seem that it's easier to earn coins with BS, and more to buy with them. In RS it doesn't seem that there are as many options for decorations, especially with floor tiles, unless you want to spend lots of gems. Which game is older? Maybe the older game is more developed, or, conversely, maybe the newer game gets more attention from TL. (?) Who knows.

RS is older. Not really true that new games get more attention. For example, Fashion story n NightClub story come out about the same time, now Fashion got way more attention thn NightClub now. I think really is depends on how 'famous' is the game.

As for speed of earning coins, BS is always faster thn RS, but b4, RS used to get more "attention" thn BS, now BS is catching up fast.

Not only BS earn faster, their goals are also easier n cheaper to reach. There's de goal for stuffing in RS, need a 24 gems snowman, 10 gems to skip, a similar goal in BS, require a 20 gems penguin, but only need 2 gems to skip.... :( And things required in BS's goals is so much easier/faster to get thn those require in RS.

Sad.

IchigoHollow
01-02-12, 01:54 AM
I've come to the conclusion that the chocolate fountain goal is in place to make money for TL. They assume 90% of players won't be able to achieve it. Thus it leaves them an opportunity for a small % of people to purchase gems to skip the goal. Just my theory though.

Rachael98
01-02-12, 04:50 AM
Actually, the games have their own, if you like, "microeconomies". It's also more expensive to buy certain things in BS. Not favouritism, just different games.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Monday, 2nd January 2012-Happy New Year!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

kahlan531
01-02-12, 05:43 PM
Have you also noticed that some button placements are reversed in RS and BS. After playing one for a while, I find myself clicking on the camera instead of community, and social instead of messages, etc. LOL

I wonder why they didn't just put them in the same place...trying to make the game "different?"

cakeandpie
01-02-12, 10:56 PM
Actually for me, it seems that I make money a lot more easily in RS. I have about twice as many coins in RS as BS (5.5 mil vs. 11 mil), and I'm on level 96 in both. I have probably bought a few more things in BS, and also expansions are much more expensive in BS than RS so that took more coins, but I've noticed that even though I have about the same number of tables in my bakery as my restaurant, food accumulates a lot more in BS. In RS it seems to clear out a lot faster, based on how many more coins I have and how my counters clear out a lot quicker.

misukume
01-03-12, 07:26 AM
Good news, it seems that while the app is closed, customers eat faster in RS
as 11-13 customers in RS gave about the same coins as 28 in BS.