PDA

View Full Version : Need to buy chocolate fountain to complete the new goal

carollwee
12-30-11, 11:23 PM
Pt 2 pumpkin pride need to purchase a chocolate fountain which cost 2,500,000.. I wonder how many people here can afford?? Lolx... I level 84 only have 500k... In order to reach that amount I think I need one month..

carollwee
12-30-11, 11:26 PM
But sadly this quest will be remove on 13th Jan right? Dun know why they like to give us a impossible task..

figuresk8er88
12-30-11, 11:47 PM
well my problem is i don't really save up to more than 2 million. i will spend on changing the walls, tiles, or buying&selling random decor to level up quicker. I just spent like 1.5 million yesterday, so I'm down to less than 200K, which means i'll probably never finish this task. disappointing! i wouldn't have spent it all if i knew this was coming along... even with that i don't think i could save another 1M before the 13th. and food gets eaten so slowly, wish we could make coins quicker instead of having like 100k plates of food just sitting on counters.

gail66
12-30-11, 11:58 PM
I've just got to that stage a choco fountain come one that's not fare to all of us to buy one nether less buy gems to skip it your having a laugh at us now teamlava

starstar2
12-31-11, 12:03 AM
Pt 2 pumpkin pride need to purchase a chocolate fountain which cost 2,500,000.. I wonder how many people here can afford?? Lolx... I level 84 only have 500k... In order to reach that amount I think I need one month..

U level 84 and yet so little coins?
My coins at one time max at 15 million when I reach level 96 with easy simple decorations.
After doing a big revamp, I still have 8 million now.
Coins are just too easy to earn for high levels.
If u have a lot of food, u can sell roughly 200k of food per 24 hrs.
Hence 2.5million is abt 13 days from now. Just nice.

felicitybliss
12-31-11, 12:22 AM
U level 84 and yet so little coins?
My coins at one time max at 15 million when I reach level 96 with easy simple decorations.
After doing a big revamp, I still have 8 million now.
Coins are just too easy to earn for high levels.
If u have a lot of food, u can sell roughly 200k of food per 24 hrs.
Hence 2.5million is abt 13 days from now. Just nice.

I'm on level 96 and have only 2.5 million. Money is much more difficult to accumulate in RS. I've never sold 200 k worth of food on a daily basis. I have plenty of food as well.....

For the chocolate fountain goal, I need to figure out whether I want to complete the goal or redecorate with all the new walls, tiles, and decorations that will disappear jan 13. I'm not going to be able to do both. Personally, skipping the fountain with gems is just not an option for me......Decisions, decisions.....

carollwee
12-31-11, 01:46 AM
I just expand, and buy alot new flooring.. Lolx.. I love decorate my RS. So I don't usually save up.. i dont think I can afford that.. Just wondering how many people level lower than me yet can afford that fountain?

expressW
12-31-11, 01:51 AM
I am on level 70 and have not had less than 4mil since level 50 or so?

My colleagues and I were having a competition to see who could get a fountain first and we all got it before level 40. Granted, our tables etc were the simple white ones but it was definitely getable.

I make all 16hour+ foods everyday because I can't play at work and I earn 100k a day.

briguynv
12-31-11, 02:05 AM
NO WAY! I'll never get that in time! I can't even rack up enough to expand my place farther, much less get that much before they remove them! How crazy to give us a new goal that requires that HUGE a purchase, but only give us 2 weeks to do it! NUTS! Whoever thought that up is on drugs! People who only have 5-8 appliances will never earn enough, and I'm almost maxed out on appliances, but still can't earn that much that fast! Especially having to spend so much on other quests, on things I did NOT want to buy!

What a JOKE!

333sandy
12-31-11, 02:09 AM
Does anyone know whether these new goals are leaving in jan, because they're not Xmas?

ultrafrog
12-31-11, 10:28 AM
I am on level 70 and have not had less than 4mil since level 50 or so?

My colleagues and I were having a competition to see who could get a fountain first and we all got it before level 40. Granted, our tables etc were the simple white ones but it was definitely getable..

If you scrounge and spend zero money and never expand of course you will have saved enough to buy the fountain. But that generally isn't how people play the game.

pastrychef17
12-31-11, 10:52 AM
Word of advice for players who have too much food - if you want your coin count to go higher faster to get the fountain, clear your counters of the lower priced items like the cupcakes, chicken tenders, etc. Even the pumpkin pie after you make them for the goal since they only yield 2 coins per serving. Keep your counters stocked with only 4-coin items or higher. All food is consumed evenly so your lower priced items are dragging your average revenue down. Roast chicken and apple pie yield 8 coins per serving, most of the rest only yield 4. Don't bother with BBQ chicken on the grill because not only is it a 16-hour recipe but it only yields 2 coins per serving.

mushroom79
12-31-11, 11:11 AM
to add on to the top, get your nbrs to gift you stew and roast chicken if you dun need parts. I am not sure if this helps, but make sure u space out all your counters of food to make sure that they are all accessible from at least one side.

carollwee
12-31-11, 11:34 PM
Spending 2.5m to get a balloon.. I dont think it's worth.. Unless you like the fountain..

felicitybliss
12-31-11, 11:43 PM
Spending 2.5m to get a balloon.. I dont think it's worth.. Unless you like the fountain..

That's my problem--I don't care for the fountain. I can either redecorate with the new tile, wallpaper, etc or buy the chocolate fountain. There is no way I can do both by jan 13. It will take me 3 days to do the pumpkin pie. I'll make my decision then. I am hoping people post if there are other goals after the balloon one. If there isn't something interesting, then I will skip it so I can redecorate.

duckieduckduck
01-01-12, 01:26 AM
I think the chocolate fountain is way too big to put in a small restaurant...
I rather they change to spend 2,500,000 on floor deco.
but either way it is impossible for us low level player to earn 2,500,000 before 13 Jan.

BTW, i think the color of the balloon is quite weird, maybe it will match the new gold & black wall, tiles thing,
but then u have to spend even more to redecorate the restaurant.

I just hope the other goal dont end up doing something stupid too.

mimidori
01-01-12, 01:43 AM
to add on to the top, get your nbrs to gift you stew and roast chicken if you dun need parts. I am not sure if this helps, but make sure u space out all your counters of food to make sure that they are all accessible from at least one side.

You need access to the counter in order for the food to sell? I didn't know that...

ultrafrog
01-01-12, 01:45 AM
Also it doesn't make much sense to release new years content a day before new years while requiring several days at least to complete. Only players that could get it completed are those that do it with gems :p By the time we all finish it, it's outdated really..

bawpotter
01-01-12, 08:42 AM
You need access to the counter in order for the food to sell? I didn't know that...

You don't. I don't really understand what mushroom79 said, but you misinterpretted it. I have a few counters that are not accesible, and the food sells.

queenrocks77
01-01-12, 09:03 AM
I have 19 million but unfortunately I'm on android.

mimidori
01-01-12, 09:18 AM
You don't. I don't really understand what mushroom79 said, but you misinterpretted it. I have a few counters that are not accesible, and the food sells.

That's why I say I never knew that...but I think I get it now!

...I am not sure if this helps, but make sure u space out all your counters of food to make sure that they are all accessible from at least one side.

mushroom said she's not sure, so I guess it was a rumor that started when people noticed a significant drop in selling rate.

I wish there was a way to make food sell faster!!!But there probably isn't...just like trying to increase likeliness of getting 1st price from boxes

shelleykk
01-01-12, 09:43 AM
A tip for people don't buy the fountain then sell it, I did this and had to buy another one. It says have I realised after but I guess it means till that task has ended. I was prob being silly but just in case anyone tries it.

pastrychef17
01-01-12, 10:01 AM

That's a really good point and seems kind of silly since a) I don't like the fountain and never planned to buy it and b) the end goal prize doesn't seem worth it to spend that many coins. I have more than enough to get it and buy the new holiday stuff but if I don't like either the fountain or the end goal, what's the point? I too am going to wait until I see if there's any goal prize after the balloons that would make it seem worthwhile to buy the fountain. I'm getting sick of the pumpkin pies, lol. I don't mind so much that they take a day to make but I wish they had chosen a recipe that yields more coins per serving. Pumpkin pie only sells for 2 coins a plate.

xcellent
01-01-12, 10:43 AM
The goal recognized if u already bought one choco fountain... I have one in my inventory, and i have a check mark beside the task.... Good thing i did not sell it..... Lol!

lambyo
01-01-12, 10:46 AM
The fountain is ugly. I have over 8 million coins and can easily afford it. The fountain is ugly. In order to buy it, I would have to put away lots of stuff to make room for it. The fountain is ugly. I don't want to use gems to skip the task. The fountain is ugly. I don't want that thing anywhere near my restaurant. What to do, what to do? Did I mention thatis one ugly fountain?

143Blue
01-01-12, 10:49 AM
Awww im like level 8 since ijust started bakery.... i dont think i can get even close too 100k:(

Dabag
01-01-12, 10:55 AM
The fountain is ugly. I have over 8 million coins and can easily afford it. The fountain is ugly. In order to buy it, I would have to put away lots of stuff to make room for it. The fountain is ugly. I don't want to use gems to skip the task. The fountain is ugly. I don't want that thing anywhere near my restaurant. What to do, what to do? Did I mention thatis one ugly fountain?

i agree. it is an ugly fountain. wouldn't buy it when i could months ago-still won't buy it- it is ugly

carollwee
01-01-12, 11:21 AM
Haha.. I agree too.. That fountain look very ugly and bIg.... Anyone finish this? Mind sharing with us what is the point 3 of that balloon goals? And after you finish, is there anymore new quest ?

bobbyrae
01-01-12, 11:22 AM
I have that as my goal now too...trying to decide whether to buy or not to buy. It is an ugly fountain. Does anyone know how much it yields when it is sold?

carollwee
01-01-12, 11:25 AM
I think it's worth only 10% of the selling price...

joyous16
01-01-12, 12:33 PM
Thx for this discussion! Really gave me perspective. I'm level 93 btw. Have just enough coins to buy the fountain but I really don't like it either! I was mindlessly doing the goals without thinking about the prizes. I don't have enough gems to even by pass them and I was getting mad. Now, I see I don't care about the final prize anyway so I'm going to stop wasting my time trying to finish them. Thx for saving me 2.5 mil!

micogal
01-01-12, 04:36 PM
The fountain is ugly. I have over 8 million coins and can easily afford it. The fountain is ugly. In order to buy it, I would have to put away lots of stuff to make room for it. The fountain is ugly. I don't want to use gems to skip the task. The fountain is ugly. I don't want that thing anywhere near my restaurant. What to do, what to do? Did I mention thatis one fugly fountain?

LOL. It is an ugly fountain not to mention the size is way out of proportion. I would never buy that fugly thing. One thing I really would love to see though is someone from TL posting a comment as to what was behind the decision to even make such an unfair and ridiculous goal since none of us can understand it.

cupcakes4cece
01-01-12, 05:41 PM
Some of he goals (on all games that have them) are unfair. I'm around level 30-40 on all the games and things like expanding boutique to 13x16, cooking 40 1-day foods, and buying 10 $50,000 items just isn't going to happen. It's okay with me if they added a few of these impossible goals, but what annoys me is that the impossible part is often at the end, after you waste a lot of time, energy, and money doing the other parts. That is truly not playing fair, TeamLava!

julia3032
01-01-12, 06:18 PM
I'm done with goals in all games. I'm sick of having to cook only certain things and have my restaurant & bakery counters constantly messed up for stupid goals that are expensive, steal your gems and go on and on. I didn't get the sleigh until a few minutes after New Year's. Whomever thought these things up is either a sadist or a moron. I think my Android nbrs are lucky they don't have them. Wish I didn't. At any rate, I just want to play my game in peace.

pinkster73
01-01-12, 06:27 PM
The fountain is ugly. I have over 8 million coins and can easily afford it. The fountain is ugly. In order to buy it, I would have to put away lots of stuff to make room for it. The fountain is ugly. I don't want to use gems to skip the task. The fountain is ugly. I don't want that thing anywhere near my restaurant. What to do, what to do? Did I mention thatis one fugly fountain?

Wait, how do you REALLY feel about the fountain?

graciebell3
01-01-12, 06:45 PM
I wonder if I will get credit, I purchased a fountain many months ago. It is in storage because it takes up too much room in my bakery.

rbbg
01-01-12, 07:06 PM
I am at level 96 and had over 7 mil so fountain wasn't a problem. My question is how do you unlock the new food stuffing, fruit cake and such? I am over level 4 on every item and cannot unlock new food? Any ideas?

carollwee
01-02-12, 12:48 AM
I am at level 96 and had over 7 mil so fountain wasn't a problem. My question is how do you unlock the new food stuffing, fruit cake and such? I am over level 4 on every item and cannot unlock new food? Any ideas?

The new receipt is from the Christmas quest.. Which you need to spend 24 gem to buy the snowman

sweetsucess
01-02-12, 01:08 AM
I agree the fountain is UGLY and WAY TO HUGE! I don't want it and balloons are not worth it. I think of much more I would rather do with my coins.

pastrychef17
01-02-12, 10:20 AM
The chocolate fountain became my dealbreaker. I was okay doing the goals at first in RS but when I weighed having to buy the chocolate fountain against the end goal, it wasn't worth it to complete all the long recipes with little payoff. I like the goal concept though as long as the bugs for ingredient requests get worked out (so far I'm not having anymore problems with it) so I don't mind them. But I won't be completing the latest ones in RS. I don't need the disco balls or balloons and would rather keep my appliances working on the recipes I haven't mastered yet. I do like the goal prizes in Bakery though so I'm still working on those.

sourlicorice2
01-02-12, 10:22 AM
I just got to the chocolate fountain part of the goal and was like oh nooo. First I don't want a chocolate fountain, second not gonna waste gems to skip it and third I don't have enough coins and won't earn them in time. In short I won't be able to finish this goal and I really wanted the reward :-(

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-02-12, 05:29 PM
We could make coins faster but it would take time and teamwork. Tips lots and often and pick up tips several times a day so your tables can receive tips more than once a day. But I forgot you can only tip each person once. So it would take a lot of friends working together.

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-02-12, 05:30 PM
I don't really want a Chocolate fountain either. Nor do I have room for one.

cakeandpie
01-02-12, 10:50 PM
IMO this was a blatant attempt to get people to use gems to skip the task. For many players it will be impossible to amass 2.5 million coins before Jan. 13th, and for others, like me, who are on high levels with plenty of coins, we just don't want that huge, honkin, ugly thing. I am not doing this goal, even though I could afford it, because I resent TL making me buy such an expensive thing I DON'T want and DON'T have room for, just to get a bunch of balloons. NO WAY!

I like the goal concept, and doing the easier tasks has been fun, but many of the tasks TL made are ridiculous--they make you buy things you don't want which are frequently expensive (didn't want the time tables either), make you cook foods that take long periods of time and the amounts are so high that lower level players would not able able to accomplish them, the material requests have been buggy, and some of the tasks even require gems--not just to get special items (which is more optional) but for recipes, which are a part of game play. And if you don't want to finish a task or aren't able to, you cannot just skip it and go onto another one. If you don't want to do a task, you are stuck for good and cannot do any more tasks in that series. I hope TL reassigns the person who put these tasks together and puts someone new on the job if they ever make more goals/tasks.

pinkster73
01-02-12, 10:54 PM
IMO this was a blatant attempt to get people to use gems to skip the task. For many players it will be impossible to amass 2.5 million coins before Jan. 13th, and for others, like me, who are on high levels with plenty of coins, we just don't want that huge, honkin, ugly thing. I am not doing this goal, even though I could afford it, because I resent TL making me buy such an expensive thing I DON'T want and DON'T have room for, just to get a bunch of balloons. NO WAY!

I like the goal concept, and doing the easier tasks has been fun, but many of the tasks TL made are ridiculous--they make you buy things you don't want which are frequently expensive (didn't want the time tables either), make you cook foods that take long periods of time and the amounts are so high that lower level players would not able able to accomplish them, the material requests have been buggy, and some of the tasks even require gems--not just to get special items (which is more optional) but for recipes, which are a part of game play. And if you don't want to finish a task or aren't able to, you cannot just skip it and go onto another one. If you don't want to do a task, you are stuck for good and cannot do any more tasks in that series. I hope TL reassigns the person who put these tasks together and puts someone new on the job if they ever make more goals/tasks.

I agree. And I would like that person to know coding for Android too.

3squares
01-02-12, 11:53 PM
Didn't bother with the New Years quests, nowim glad! That is one ginormous, fugly fountain!

dernhelm
01-03-12, 08:36 AM
I'm not bothering with the new years goals, either. New years is over and I really didn't fancy either of the end goal prizes.

I do like doing the goals, however, I do not think that they should be started so soon before the holiday! Would love to start a Valentines day goal a few weeks before the actual day!

mushroom79
01-03-12, 08:43 AM

its just like the fashion one where we must buy a top/dress for 5000 coins knowing we bought all coin items and must wait indefinitely for a coin dress/top to appear for the closet. So we HAVE to use gems to skip. Its same here, knowing many players will not have 2.5 million, so give you this goal and u have no choice but to skip for gems. I was lucky for this one cos I bought the fountain ages ago. This disadvantages the lower level players.

pastrychef17
01-03-12, 09:41 AM
give you this goal and u have no choice but to skip for gems.

Er, you do have a choice - don't complete the goal. While I enjoy the goals, I doubt I would ever use gems for any of them unless I planned to buy whatever it was in the first place or, like in Bakery, you can skip for 2 but unlock a recipe so you get 2 gems back anyway. I wish people would really see these as optional because they are and it's good feedback to TL when people don't complete the goal because they don't feel the goal requirements are worth the end prize. It ****s me to keep reading about people complaining about the goals then completing them anyway by using gems or spending coins they don't want to spend. Nothing will change no matter how many complain if people keep doing them anyway.

ultrafrog
01-03-12, 10:56 AM
We could make coins faster but it would take time and teamwork. Tips lots and often and pick up tips several times a day so your tables can receive tips more than once a day. But I forgot you can only tip each person once. So it would take a lot of friends working together.

lol. I don't recommend doing this to try to get the fountain. Granted this is excluding coins you get from food sales but just look at the numbers -

Isn't it like 20 coin per tip? I forget. Anyway. 2,500,000 divided by 20 coin per tip is 125,000 tips.

Collecting 125,000 tips isn't my idea of fun...

mimidori
01-04-12, 12:34 AM
I'm trying to make coins. Maybe try clearing ALL your counters, except for 1 or 2 with thousands dishes of food on them, while making the highest-paying food so they sit on all the empty counters. Would that earn you quick money?

nmishii
01-04-12, 12:55 AM
I'm trying to make coins. Maybe try clearing ALL your counters, except for 1 or 2 with thousands dishes of food on them, while making the highest-paying food so they sit on all the empty counters. Would that earn you quick money?

You have to pay to cook food. You have already paid to cook the food on your counters.

If you throw away the food on your counters, you'll have to pay to cook more.

Also note that the foods with the highest paying coins/serving take 1 or 2 days to cook, and yield less coins per hour cooking than some of the other foods.

You need to do the math to see if you will make more coins that way

01-04-12, 01:18 AM
Personally I won't do it for the sake of the prizes because the end prizes aren't that fantastic to begin with especially the disco ball and the bear with the 2012 wording. Though the balloons are nice but for personal preferences I still won't display them mainly I always buy deco in bulk (be them wall or flooring or furniture or whatever) and revamp the whole place every few weeks or whenever there's new deco content added. So with six balloons, it's neither here nor there. I'll be taking my two balloon cashiers down in a day or two.

mimidori
01-04-12, 01:23 AM
But unless I stop cooking for months, the food I already paid to cook will never sell. Every 1-2 weeks there are new recipes, then the goals make you cook more. Although they may yield higher coin per hour, they are cheap per dish, and so you have to wait, it's so sloooow....the goals will be gone and my head spins when I do mathematcs :) I'm asking for gifts right now, not trying out what I said.

01-04-12, 01:48 AM
Personally I won't do it for the sake of the prizes because the end prizes aren't that fantastic to begin with especially the disco ball and the bear with the 2012 wording. Though the balloons are nice but for personal preferences I still won't display them mainly I always buy deco in bulk (be them wall or flooring or furniture or whatever) and revamp the whole place every few weeks or whenever there's new deco content added. So with six balloons, it's neither here nor there. I'll be taking my two balloon cashiers down in a day or two.

Oh forgot to add this... One surest way to earn more coins in shortest amount of time is to login in less often. Take my deleted NS for example, before TL introduced weekly recipes back in June if memory serves me well, I had already mastered all recipes with zero gifts and no dance floor but 11 tables of drinks with 6 digits, I netted close to 11 millions coins in 13 days without login at all.

The same concept goes to RS BS FS or whichever story that requires customers to consume or buy.

So those who yield the most coins with highest ROI with low output of coins to cook or mix or catalog in the place, ususally login less or once a day. And if you do login to tip or gift, try to block the door as coins just poof whenever you return to your base. I don't do this anymore since I have enough to buy any coin items whenever I fancy. That being said, it's a good practice especially for low level players or those low in coins.

And between new recipes come, I often cook or catalog high ROI food or items. I usually stock up to at least a million on these ROI dishes/items.

pastrychef17
01-04-12, 09:55 AM
But unless I stop cooking for months, the food I already paid to cook will never sell. Every 1-2 weeks there are new recipes, then the goals make you cook more. Although they may yield higher coin per hour, they are cheap per dish, and so you have to wait, it's so sloooow....the goals will be gone and my head spins when I do mathematcs :) I'm asking for gifts right now, not trying out what I said.

I think the best way to make more coins at a faster rate is to make sure your highest value foods are spread out on multiple counters and your lower value food (of the same type) are on one counter. Each counter is consumed evenly so if you have chicken (8 coins per serving) spread out on 10 counters and pumpkin pie (2 coins per serving) on one counter, you'll earn more in a shorter time period because more chicken is being consumed. If you're asking food from your neighbors, ask for chicken, not stew, and put each of the chicken gifts on a separate counter.

mimidori
01-04-12, 06:36 PM
I think the best way to make more coins at a faster rate is to make sure your highest value foods are spread out on multiple counters and your lower value food (of the same type) are on one counter. Each counter is consumed evenly so if you have chicken (8 coins per serving) spread out on 10 counters and pumpkin pie (2 coins per serving) on one counter, you'll earn more in a shorter time period because more chicken is being consumed. If you're asking food from your neighbors, ask for chicken, not stew, and put each of the chicken gifts on a separate counter.

Yes! that's exactly what I was asking in my previous post---can we make quick money by clearing out cheap food except for a few and make higher-value food sit on all other counters

gott99
01-04-12, 07:15 PM
If you have sufficient food, then the loss for clearing can be covered by the revenue eventually.

kandahime1225
05-04-14, 11:50 PM
I'm only Lv47 and I can afford the chocolate fountain without using diamonds for coins (though that quest might be a long time ago already)

kooky panda
05-05-14, 05:31 AM
Closing thread since it is over 2 years old.