PDA

View Full Version : What are the big New Years plans?

pinkster73
12-30-11, 09:49 PM
What are your plans for new years eve? Do you have any new years resolutions?

iusedtobedigusr
12-30-11, 10:12 PM
Hmm, Probably just visit a few friends, since my girl passed away in Sept. No plans on going out anywhere or down to the fireworks on Delaware river, Just watch them from all over on TV and comps.. Then stop at Mom's house for some Punch and Champagne, probably end up crashing on couch since don't drink a lot anymore then wake up hungover and watch the Mummer's Parade and others Parades on TV.

I gave up making resolutions since never quit smoking yet and been years lol.

pinkster73
12-30-11, 10:19 PM
Aww sorry to hear about your girl.

I hate going to new years parties because at midnight some creeper always tries to kiss me. Ewww. So I pretend I have to pee at 11:58 and hide for a couple minutes ha ha.

Except last year my husband and I stayed home and we fell asleep before 11 and I woke up at during the night around 3 and was like oh oops I missed it, oh well :)

iusedtobedigusr
12-30-11, 10:25 PM
Yeah not bug on Parties Either any more. Long way past Teens and 20's. lol.

Sleeping thru it. Been there done that...lol. Try to take a nap in afternoon but Being in Philadelphia you have morons that light off fireworks all day long, so that is not always possible.

pinkster73
12-30-11, 10:40 PM
Me too. I'm 35. According to my kids I'm OLD

iusedtobedigusr
12-30-11, 10:50 PM
LOL your still a youngin. I'm 49.

amyshotcrossbunz
12-30-11, 10:57 PM
Y, you're still youngins!! I'm 58!! We stay home and fall asleep before midnight anyway!! Partied for yrs, now it's to hard to stay up that long!!!

mushroom79
12-30-11, 10:58 PM
going to sleep from 2011 to 2012...always joke that I sleep till next year.

pinkster73
12-30-11, 11:05 PM
Ha ha aren't we all just a bunch of party animals :p

casadolce
12-30-11, 11:29 PM
I don't socialize much but tomorrow I'm going to a pot luck dinner. Hope to be home before midnight to be with my dog.

pinkster73
12-30-11, 11:40 PM
I don't socialize much but tomorrow I'm going to a pot luck dinner. Hope to be home before midnight to be with my dog.

Another party animal! Pun intended!

nmishii
12-31-11, 12:30 AM
Every year I go to a friend's house for a potluck. Now I think there are more kids there than adults, so its not a wild party. I stay until after midnight.

On New Year's Day I go to my cousin's house for another pot luck.

pinkster73
12-31-11, 10:19 AM
Every year I go to a friend's house for a potluck. Now I think there are more kids there than adults, so its not a wild party. I stay until after midnight.

On New Year's Day I go to my cousin's house for another pot luck.

One of the wilder plans on this thread. :p

nicola_grant
12-31-11, 10:48 AM
Well I'm going to a party! Haha.
I'm going to a hotel party with my partner and our daughter, along with my partners best mate and his family.
It's on until 2am, at which point we will be heading to my partners parents house party.
Right now I'm supposed to be doing my hair and getting ready as its nearly 6pm and we go out at 7pm, but I keep getting distracted. Oops.

As for resolutions... I want to lose some weight (about 2 stone that I've put on over the last two years), do more exercise, keep up with the housework, and be more organised.

pinkster73
12-31-11, 11:07 AM
Finally! A party! Watch out for creepers trying to kiss you at midnight!

nicola_grant
12-31-11, 11:10 AM
Finally! A party! Watch out for creepers trying to kiss you at midnight!

Haha. Well it's the party in the family room, so most likely, all of the creeps will have their partners and kids with them.

casadolce
12-31-11, 11:41 AM
Another party animal! Pun intended!

Heehee...I'm busted...

Rachael98
12-31-11, 11:54 AM
Umm...I'm going to bed.
Yeah! Celebrate the new year in style...:p.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Saturday, 31st December 2011-Happy NewYear's Eve!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

pinkster73
12-31-11, 12:02 PM
Haha. Well it's the party in the family room, so most likely, all of the creeps will have their partners and kids with them.

Married fathers, the creepiest creepers of all :p
Jk

Rachael98
12-31-11, 12:06 PM
Married fathers, the creepiest creepers of all :p
Jk

I find the creepers at the bottom of my garden pretty creepy, actually;).

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Saturday, 31st December 2011-Happy NewYear's Eve!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

FarmerZionLion
12-31-11, 04:53 PM
We hunker down at home and my wife and I spend some time together taking in the last moment of one year and the first few of the next together, then give our little angle a lil peck on the cheek as she'll be sleeping.

And most guys are creeps, it freaks me out how many people i know even at work, sadly most married have this weird thing that being a creep is trendy or something.

Colour me traditional or something...

nicola_grant
12-31-11, 07:55 PM
Bah no on even tried to kiss me... Haha.

pinkster73
12-31-11, 10:20 PM
Bah no on even tried to kiss me... Haha.

Did you have to pretend you have to pee at 11:58 and hide in the bathroom for a couple minutes?

iusedtobedigusr
12-31-11, 10:24 PM
LOL, I've informed all the creepers of your plans and will be waiting outside bathroom door for belated kiss.

pinkster73
12-31-11, 10:25 PM
LOL, I've informed all the creepers of your plans and will be waiting outside bathroom door for belated kiss.

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!

GarBear56
12-31-11, 10:34 PM

We made it past midnight! Yahooooooo! Now to take my Geritol and go to bed. Dentures out? Check!

GrampaBear

nicola_grant
01-01-12, 09:07 AM
I actually nearly got stuck in the toilet at midnight because my daughter decided she needed to poo at 5 to. Haha. We were out in time but he dj was useless. He didn't even do a count down :/ He just suddenly said "now it's new year" and we were all confused.

pinkster73
01-01-12, 11:17 AM
I actually nearly got stuck in the toilet at midnight because my daughter decided she needed to poo at 5 to. Haha. We were out in time but he dj was useless. He didn't even do a count down :/ He just suddenly said "now it's new year" and we were all confused.

Omg does he not know to count? Fail.
And tee hee for your daughter's poo. They always have to poo at silly times. Like being in line to board a plane. Been there done that one ha ha