PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on gifts?

kahlan531
12-30-11, 06:24 PM
I had a nice discussion with one of my RS neighbors recently. He requests that everyone send him roast chicken and I asked him why he prefers roast chicken over stew.

He asked how many stew are actually being sold per day versus roast chicken. He said he has over 10,000 in stew and keeps running out of chicken, and that if he sells 10 roast chicken in a day, for example, he will be earning more since roast chicken is 8 coins per plate and stew is only 5 coins.

His answer really didn't make sense to me, but I am still fairly new to the game. All plates seem to sell at an even pace, so you will run out of 50 plates of chicken before you run out of 150 plates of stew.

I myself think that stew is better because the total gift is worth 750 coins instead of 400 for roast chicken. Since you can only accept 20 gifts per day, I'd rather accept 15,000 worth of "free" food per day than 8,000. It will all sell eventually. I don't think it matters how many of each plate you sell each day...or does it?

Any opinons? Does anyone have a different take on this? I would really appreciate the insight.
Thanks!!!

starstar2
12-30-11, 08:29 PM
Ur neighbour obviously does not care abt coins.
What he want is better placing of food only.
Why not just send parts instead.

pastrychef17
12-30-11, 09:46 PM
Ur neighbour obviously does not care abt coins.
What he want is better placing of food only.
Why not just send parts instead.

That. I hate getting food gifts and always decline them. Parts are more valuable, especially for higher level players who have more food than they can sell. Getting a food gift just means more food that'll take forever to sell at the same time you're already making your own food. You could be getting parts to build appliances to master more recipes faster.

kahlan531
12-30-11, 09:54 PM
I totally understand higher level players not wanting food, although as a lower level player, the food has really helped me out.

My question though, is why would he prefer to receive roast chicken over stew? I guess it looks better on the screen? I was wondering if I was missing something about the value of the food, and the manner in which it sells.

queenrocks77
12-30-11, 10:00 PM
Roast chicken has the most xp

kahlan531
12-30-11, 10:00 PM
In addition, I am level 46, and I still can hardly keep food on my counters. Especially when I am trying to complete goals with items that tie up my appliances with their long cooking times.

So, am I better off accepting 150 stew for 5 coins a plate or 50 roast chicken for 8 coins a plate?
I still think stew, and I'm trying to figure out my neighbor's strategy. :-)

kahlan531
12-30-11, 10:04 PM
Do you get xp when customers eat a plate of food?

kahlan531
12-30-11, 10:05 PM
I didn't think so...but...

sunnyDreams
12-30-11, 10:06 PM
Stew is best for coins. If you want food on your counters cook fish & chips when your not too busy and chicken fingers at night. They make a higher quantity, but not a lot of coins.

kahlan531
12-30-11, 10:13 PM
Thanks sunnyDreams! I'll try that.

pastrychef17
12-30-11, 10:26 PM
Personally, I think you should go for the food that gives you the most xp to level up faster and get more appliance slots then the food that gives the most coins. All food sells at the same rate so I agree chicken is the more valuable gift on a rate of consumption basis. If you run out of food, plan to go into your restaurant only when your food has finished cooking and you can restock your counters. Your heart rating only goes down if you're in your restaurant with empty counters.

kahlan531
12-30-11, 11:15 PM
Personally, I think you should go for the food that gives you the most xp to level up faster and get more appliance slots then the food that gives the most coins. All food sells at the same rate so I agree chicken is the more valuable gift on a rate of consumption basis. If you run out of food, plan to go into your restaurant only when your food has finished cooking and you can restock your counters. Your heart rating only goes down if you're in your restaurant with empty counters.

Help!!! I'm getting so confused. Do I get xp when I sell the food that was gifted to me?

Or, do you mean I should go for cooking the food that earns the most xp.

And, if I understand correctly, if you have plenty of food on your counters, chicken is definitely the best food gift?

starstar2
12-30-11, 11:24 PM
No. Only coins for food gifts.
Stew is the most coins as gifts.

Yes. Go for highest xp food with best time for the fastest leveling.
Seriously coins are just too easy to earn for high levels, thus parts are the best over food.

kahlan531
12-30-11, 11:40 PM
Ok! Makes sense. Thanks so much!!

misukume
12-31-11, 12:34 AM
Stew - Dishes: 150, Price: 5 and Profit: 750
Chicken - Dishes: 50, Price: 8 and Profit: 400

Stew generates most coins in total.
If the neighbour generates more food than consumption per day, then chicken is better.

A high level neighbor will usually prefer parts over food though.

pastrychef17
12-31-11, 07:54 AM
Yes, what they said above. I meant cooking the food that gives the most xp to level up faster and, if you have more food than you can sell, go for the highest value per plate of food as the gift you want to get. But if you already have more food than can be sold, parts are the best gift. You can make your own food but you can't get parts unless a neighbor sends it to you.

julia3032
12-31-11, 03:36 PM
Roast Chicken is 8 coins a plate and stew is only 5. That's 3 more coins per plate. If that's what he wants, give it to him. One of the nice things about these games used to be that you could play it anyway you want. Now with the goals and yanking recipes before you can even master them, it has changed that a great deal.

Shamrock1963
12-31-11, 04:05 PM
I am 68th level, and unless I close my restaurant by placing something in front of the door to keep out customers while I build up my stock, I am constantly running out of food. But if someone is selling food so slowly that their counters stay full, then they will make money at a faster rate with a dish that sells for 8 coins per plate as opposed to 5 coins per plate. If they ever sell out all of the food, they will net fewer coins with roast chicken than with stew, but if they're never going to sell out their food, that's not an issue.

Personally, I prefer parts because unless my neighbors give them to me, I have to pay for them with gems, whereas I can make all the food that I want on my own, but I try to accommodate my neighbors and give them the gifts that they prefer. If they tell me and I can remember.

I tested the whole xp from food gifts thing and verified that they didn't give me any xp. I haven't tested it since the latest software update, but I doubt it has changed.

3squares
12-31-11, 04:37 PM
Neighbors have varied reasons for what gifts they prefer...at lower levels I preferred stew because I was always running out of food and didn't like 2 see my customer satisfaction rating go down. (BTW does this rating make ANY difference at all?). Now I'm at level 79 and have so much food I'm devoting all 18 appliances to 1 and 2 day recipes. I'm only accepting parts (and occasionally chicken) because I'm sick of looking at stew (and ver soon will have enough to feed a small city, as I'm working on mastering the recipe); however I'm also accepting Valentine Cupcakes because they're cute and amuse me. I also suspect those cupcakes will be yanked as seasonal content.

Most of my active neighbors are also higher levels now, so I mostly gift parts. Since TL changed the gifting system, though, to make the default ALL NEIGHBORS CHECKED, I don't bother to UNCHECK them all to make individual gifts. I alternate among parts gifts, currently focusing on Motors and Springs, because they are needed for Holiday Drink Machine, which a lot of people r building. One day here and there I will send out Stew for my neighbors who are at lower levels.

Shamrock1963
01-01-12, 05:09 PM
Neighbors have varied reasons for what gifts they prefer...at lower levels I preferred stew because I was always running out of food and didn't like 2 see my customer satisfaction rating go down. (BTW does this rating make ANY difference at all?).

The only difference that it makes is that customers enter your restaurant at a slower rate.

misukume
01-02-12, 08:22 AM
I think happiness rating affect maximum customer number

sweetsucess
01-02-12, 07:02 PM
To make my gifting simpler. I will fulfill a request made on my wall. Other wise I gift stew to everyone at a low level and parts to evereyone at higher levels. When I was a low level it was hard to keep enough food on my counters.