PDA

View Full Version : Enough already! I know the bears are ready!

xSnowyOwlx
12-30-11, 06:13 PM
It's annoying enough as it is when I'm busy on a project and the notification I get is just from Pet Shop or Zoo 2 letting me know it's been 5 minutes since I entered the game.

Well, I just received 10 notifications in a row that the bears are ready - WTH?!

The "bing" went off and I saw what it was, and continued my work until such time as I could pause and 5 seconds later.... BING, BING, BING, BING, BING, BING, BING, BING!.

I figured there must have been other notifications from the other games, so I stopped and unlocked the screen.

Nope, it was all the same exact notification 9 times over. I collected, left the game and... BING! Your bears are ready!

Seriously, I didn't need 10 notifications.

Argh!!!!! I just got another 1 - exact same message right at that moment!!!!

Please, TL, give us a way to turn off those notifications! I want to know when the baby is ready, I want to know when I get a message, but I don't want this kind of notification - 11 times in a row?!!!!!

cupcakes4cece
12-30-11, 07:10 PM
I know! I was going to whine about this, but since the games have been doing this since forever, I figured I wouldn't even Bother.

I hate being told that my freaking HOT DOG CART is ready. OMG, do I care?!!

And I hate Night Club telling me my music has stopped, every hour! I have never seen the music even have any effect on anything. Other than making the floor flash and giving me a headache, I mean. Let it stop, I don't want to know about it every hour.

I want to get notifications for babies/food/drinks/crops being ready. That's it. The other stuff is not worth being bumped out of other games for. But although you can turn some of it off, there's no way to turn all of it off. :-(

Rachael98
12-30-11, 07:52 PM
You can turn it off, or edit it under settings in the games, and your device master settings.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Saturday, 31st December 2011-Happy NewYear's Eve!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

driftboutique
12-30-11, 07:57 PM
You can turn it off, or edit it under settings in the games, and your device master settings.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

Sadly, the trouble with pet shop and zoo 2 is that there is no way to turn off the useless alerts (ie "your hot dog cart is ready") without also turning off the necessary alerts (ie "your baby giraffe has been born and you better place it soon before it gets ill and needs gems to be saved".) It would be really nice if those preferences could be independent of each other.

Rachael98
12-30-11, 08:04 PM
Sadly, the trouble with pet shop and zoo 2 is that there is no way to turn off the useless alerts (ie "your hot dog cart is ready") without also turning off the necessary alerts (ie "your baby giraffe has been born and you better place it soon before it gets ill and needs gems to be saved".) It would be really nice if those preferences could be independent of each other.

Umm...well, you can turn off the sounds so that it doesn't go BING BING BING...:S

xSnowyOwlx
12-30-11, 08:21 PM
Ok, let's review what I said: I want notifications for when a baby I've been breeding is ready, for when I receive a message, etc.

Now, what happens when I turn off notifications to stop the bug that just happened? Oh, yeah - I end up without being able to complete breeding because I'm sure not going to stop working on my projects just so I can stare at my iPod 24/7.

I was annoyed by this obvious glitch. Normally, I don't mind these notifications because I can close it or if I've got time I can collect coins. When I get the same notification 11 times in 1 minute, I get annoyed.

I'm not happy about that at all. If it happens again, I am going to seriously suggest a feature to turn off those notifications because the bear is ready every 5 minutes, and that's after collecting. The game shouldn't have sent me 11 bings for that.

driftboutique
12-30-11, 08:28 PM
Ok, let's review what I said: I want notifications for when a baby I've been breeding is ready, for when I receive a message, etc.

Now, what happens when I turn off notifications to stop the bug that just happened? Oh, yeah - I end up without being able to complete breeding because I'm sure not going to stop working on my projects just so I can stare at my iPod 24/7.

I was annoyed by this obvious glitch. Normally, I don't mind these notifications because I can close it or if I've got time I can collect coins. When I get the same notification 11 times in 1 minute, I get annoyed.

I'm not happy about that at all. If it happens again, I am going to seriously suggest a feature to turn off those notifications because the bear is ready every 5 minutes, and that's after collecting. The game shouldn't have sent me 11 bings for that.

Who are you arguing with?

ultrafrog
12-30-11, 09:28 PM
In restaurant story and bakery story it's not too big of a deal if food goes bad because they are just coin items.

What happens in Pet Story and Zoo Story when you don't get to the animal in time? As I understand many of them cost (often significant) gems to purchase right? If you miss placing the animal do you basically lose your gems?

iusedtobedigusr
12-30-11, 09:33 PM
In restaurant story and bakery story it's not too big of a deal if food goes bad because they are just coin items.

What happens in Pet Story and Zoo Story when you don't get to the animal in time? As I understand many of them cost (often significant) gems to purchase right? If you miss placing the animal do you basically lose your gems?

I would hazard to guess yes, you lose the gems. And since no one really knows how long you have after it is bred, that kinda stinks. Doesn't seem to be like older games where you have as much time as it took to blossom, cook, mix etc. to get to the nursery and place.

ultrafrog
12-30-11, 09:37 PM
Well you never had as much time as it took for the other games, just that they cost coin and not gems. Coin is easily replaceable, gems are not.

I think the general rule was there is a grace period of however long it took to prepare. So for a 4 hour recipe, you have 4 hours from when it's ready before it goes bad. Food with short cooking times like 1minute get more leeway, not sure how much more.

A timer showing how long before things went back would be great, but don't see that happening.

xSnowyOwlx
12-31-11, 01:59 AM
Who are you arguing with?

I'm not arguing, I'm trying to figure out how Rachael98 got "just turn off the notifications will fix this problem" out of my post.

He didn't seem to read the part about how I said I want the other notifications, and while I was typing this the Safari page kept resetting so I was getting annoyed even more and finally gave up after trying to post another one explaining I wasn't trying to argue, just trying to point out what I'd meant. Since the Safari page kept taking me back to another screen, I got fed up and left the forum for a while because the program wasn't working right.

xSnowyOwlx
12-31-11, 02:01 AM
My point in this is that we should get the option to turn off this kind of useless notification. That, or else fix whatever bug it was that sent me 11 of the same notification in 1 minute. That's why I was annoyed, and that's luckily not happened again so far...

mushroom79
12-31-11, 08:09 AM
yes, the music notification in NcS is a total nuisance for every hour. So I turned it off and try to rmb when my drinks are ready...occasionally I do get some spoilt drinks. I also turn off the pet shop one and yes, I do get a couple of sick animals but it cannot be helped.

driftboutique
12-31-11, 09:39 AM
I'm not arguing, I'm trying to figure out how Rachael98 got "just turn off the notifications will fix this problem" out of my post.

He didn't seem to read the part about how I said I want the other notifications, and while I was typing this the Safari page kept resetting so I was getting annoyed even more and finally gave up after trying to post another one explaining I wasn't trying to argue, just trying to point out what I'd meant. Since the Safari page kept taking me back to another screen, I got fed up and left the forum for a while because the program wasn't working right.

I think Rachael's comment was in reply to the post directly above from cece that said there was no way to turn all notifications off.

No one in this thread has disagreed with you.

xSnowyOwlx
12-31-11, 12:06 PM
yes, the music notification in NcS is a total nuisance for every hour. So I turned it off and try to rmb when my drinks are ready...occasionally I do get some spoilt drinks. I also turn off the pet shop one and yes, I do get a couple of sick animals but it cannot be helped.

For me, the Nightclub isn't so bad - not as bad as Pet Shop and Zoo 2 that notify sometimes every 5 minutes. I don't mind getting them, I was just so frustrated that I stopped my project since I got so many alerts and it wasn't anything but the same exact alert over and over again. If it had been from different games, that would have been fine but no, it wasn't because it was just telling me the bears are ready 11 times in a row.

Nightclub you actually earn extra coins while your music is playing, and in turn Pet Shop and Zoo 2 have really only 1 way to earn coins: collecting from the pets.

I use a different app that sends me a notice when I have set a time to check my games when they aren't sending me the notifications - Bakery won't send notifications for the candy cane maker - and while it's a hastle, I'm not going to have TL's glitch force me to lose out on mastery gems.

Rachael98
12-31-11, 12:07 PM
I think Rachael's comment was in reply to the post directly above from cece that said there was no way to turn all notifications off.

No one in this thread has disagreed with you.

That is correct; sorry, I should have Quote-d.