PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Holiday Items being Removed on January 20th

kooky panda
12-30-11, 05:41 PM
Okay guys I got word that holiday items that were added to the games from Dec 2 to Dec 30th will be removed on January 13th.(edit: Jan 20th) I have started a list. Please let me know if you think I missed something.

Bakery: Goals will be removed (christmas and new years eve goals)
Marzipan and candy cane appliances
Chocolate Cherry Triffle
Red Velvet Cookies,

Decorations:
Holiday Gift Box
Wallpapers- yellow starry, Pink Starry, Gingerbread , Giftwrap
Tiles- yellow star, blue stars, sparkling Cider, sparkling pink, Pink snowflake, Green snowflake, gingerbread
Tables- gingerbread, candy cane,Time
chairs,- gingerbread, candy cane, time stool
Gingerbread counter

Mistletoe, Holiday Tree, Lighted pillar, gingerbread clock, pile of gifts, santa bird, pink and and holly dividers, giant candy cane, north pole sign, christmas menu, 2 turtle doves, 5 golden rings, pink and white lights, colored lights, Holiday balloon, mistletoe arch, reindeer penguin, Holiday waitress, holiday display, holiday dog, partridge in a pear tree,
3 fench horns, 4 calling birds.

Please note: Items that you have already purchased and have out or in storage, you will be able to keep.
Only the option to buy "new" will be removed.

Items you received after mastering goals, you will be able to keep.

Appliances you have bought and built you will be able to keep.

unlocked receipes you will be able to continue to master as long as you unlocked the receipes by finishing the goal, and have bought and built the appliance for that receipe

irishmeagan
12-30-11, 05:50 PM
Are they removing the recipes for the red velvet cookies and the trifle?

jtm101
12-30-11, 06:00 PM
I understand we will be able to keep the Candy Cane and Maripan ovens we already built, right?

How about the recipes on those appliances, surely they will stay. Yes?

briguynv
12-30-11, 06:00 PM
WHY would the Candy Cane appliance/cake be removed??? We were told as long as we completed that quest, it would STAY! Same with Cranberry Cider? It was a quest reward also! It should stay for those of us that completed the quest!

Also WHY would Red Velvet Cookies and Chocolate Cherry Trifle be removed for the holidays? Those are NOT holiday related items??

TimeForACuppaTea
12-30-11, 06:06 PM
I had the exact same questions as above.

If you're removing the candy cane and marzipan appliances are the recipes for those appliances also being removed. Thus leaving us with a useless appliance that took days to build? Or can we still cook on them?

dalula
12-30-11, 06:09 PM
WHY would the Candy Cane appliance/cake be removed??? We were told as long as we completed that quest, it would STAY! Same with Cranberry Cider? It was a quest reward also! It should stay for those of us that completed the quest!

Also WHY would Red Velvet Cookies and Chocolate Cherry Trifle be removed for the holidays? Those are NOT holiday related items??

i think the quest rewards will stay if you earned it, but if you dont earn it, it will go away.

tristbeary
12-30-11, 06:29 PM
So the goals we just got today with the teddy bear and balloons will be removed, so as Starry decorations? I don't even have enough coins saved for Christmas deck yet, I've spent all of them on Xmas goals! They're removing this weeks update too soon, and not to mention iPad users who got Xmas goals not long ago

cupcakes4cece
12-30-11, 07:37 PM
WHY remove the triffle, cider, and cookies? How dumb!

shakiba
12-30-11, 07:39 PM
Wow. Just wow. All that hard work and now...wow -_-

driftboutique
12-30-11, 07:47 PM
I think the gingerbread tile will be removed too, might want to add that to the list.

I'm okay with things being removed, but they should have been released sooner. This is mostly an issue for fashion and farm, but I think it applies across the board. Hopefully TL learns from this and gets future holiday updates out in a more reasonable timeframe -- I have faith in them because they really listened to our complaints about the Halloween items being removed without warning, and for the Christmas items they are taking care to let us know what will be removed and when.

kooky panda
12-30-11, 09:36 PM
you will be able to keep any appliance or decoration that you have already bought.

The locked receipes will be staying a little longer. so if you have unlocked the appliance you will still be able to
keep mastering the receipes past this deadline.

Oh my bad on the cider, you are right, it was a locked goal, so it should be staying a little longer. I will edit that one on the list.

Drift, I have added the gingerbread tile to the list. thanks

Shamrock1963
12-31-11, 12:21 AM
So the goals we just got today with the teddy bear and balloons will be removed, so as Starry decorations? I don't even have enough coins saved for Christmas deck yet, I've spent all of them on Xmas goals! They're removing this weeks update too soon, and not to mention iPad users who got Xmas goals not long ago

At least the iPad users GOT Xmas goals, even if they were late. TeamLava decided that Android users don't get to have them at all. Ever.

Shamrock1963
12-31-11, 12:23 AM
I think the gingerbread tile will be removed too, might want to add that to the list.

I'm okay with things being removed, but they should have been released sooner. This is mostly an issue for fashion and farm, but I think it applies across the board. Hopefully TL learns from this and gets future holiday updates out in a more reasonable timeframe -- I have faith in them because they really listened to our complaints about the Halloween items being removed without warning, and for the Christmas items they are taking care to let us know what will be removed and when.

My understanding is that TeamLava has taken no care whatsoever to let us know, but that enough users asked questions that Kooky took it upon herself to pester TeamLava employees until she got some answers for us.

mimidori
12-31-11, 12:38 AM
At least the iPad users GOT Xmas goals, even if they were late. TeamLava decided that Android users don't get to have them at all. Ever.

Noooo have they confirmed that? I feel so angry for my neighbours *hurls table across the room*

And the Ipad users, how are they gonna finish? Even I couldn't finish all of them. I'll be giving up one of the new year goals in order to save up coins for limited items. No way I'm skipping them for gems (idk but maybe that's what TL wishes us to do)

mimidori
12-31-11, 12:45 AM
you will be able to keep any appliance or decoration that you have already bought.

The locked receipes will be staying a little longer. so if you have unlocked the appliance you will still be able to

Oh my bad on the cider, you are right, it was a locked goal, so it should be staying a little longer. I will edit that one on the list.

Kooky~what about counters? I LOVE the gingerbread counters, just waiting for a sale and I planned to replace all by the gingerbread ones.

Shamrock1963
12-31-11, 01:05 AM
Noooo have they confirmed that? I feel so angry for my neighbours *hurls table across the room*

And the Ipad users, how are they gonna finish? Even I couldn't finish all of them. I'll be giving up one of the new year goals in order to save up coins for limited items. No way I'm skipping them for gems (idk but maybe that's what TL wishes us to do)

Yes, they have confirmed that Android users will not get Goals.

And yes, TeamLava very much wishes for you to skip goals with gems or pay gems to quickly finish goals or do anything else that causes you to spend gems, whether on purpose or by accident.

Roxie_
12-31-11, 01:50 AM
Why the trifle and the cookies? I haven't even mastered these because I've been so busy with the goals :(

briguynv
12-31-11, 02:03 AM

Thanks Kooky... but what about the Trifle & Red Velvet?? Those aren't "holiday" related... I thought they were just regular update recipes, just that happened to be added the beginning of December... but they aren't "Xmas" foods at all, so why would they disappear? We've been so busy cooking a thousand Holiday Cupcakes, and ten thousand Hot Chocolates, etc, etc... that I haven't had time to master the RV Cookies & CC Trifle! Ugh! I didn't worry about it because I figured they weren't holiday related, so I figured I had plenty of time!

mimidori
12-31-11, 02:13 AM
Yes, they have confirmed that Android users will not get Goals.

And yes, TeamLava very much wishes for you to skip goals with gems or pay gems to quickly finish goals or do anything else that causes you to spend gems, whether on purpose or by accident.

That's sad. I was on Android a month ago, and I was lucky, bakery got frier and not many features were added to either platform yet. If I were still on Android now, I would quit playing. They now have badges collectibles but it's like how long ago since they've been out? They're perpetually behind. Somehow people have to say 'I'm an IOS user and can help you with your goal' when trying to add a new neighbour. And my Android neighbours are so kind they even wrote to remind me not to send them requests.

Why the trifle and the cookies? I haven't even mastered these because I've been so busy with the goals :(

I'm going to have to abandon the trifle AND the new goals. I'm low on coins and I really want to replace all my floors by the new coin floor. $4500-5000 for 1 floor is so expensive.The only way I can have more coins now is to use gems, but if I did, it would cost 4 gems a tile to cover my whole floor. Not to mention the goals make you cook many $4 food which slows you down even more.

misukume
12-31-11, 02:43 AM
I think Kooky should clarify that players cannot build more Marzipan and candy cane makers after the date.
Otherwise, it sounds like the stored and built ones are also removed.

Happy new year eve, everyone.

Limaxa
12-31-11, 05:05 AM
... Noooo :( but we can keep our Goal items and recipes? Worked so hard for them ..

Shamrock1963
12-31-11, 09:21 AM
... Noooo :( but we can keep our Goal items and recipes? Worked so hard for them ..

The Goals themselves will be removed on the 13th; the items that you won by completing the Goals will remain. The recipes that you unlocked through the Goals will stay past the 13th, but TeamLava has not said how long past the 13th.

driftboutique
12-31-11, 09:34 AM
My understanding is that TeamLava has taken no care whatsoever to let us know, but that enough users asked questions that Kooky took it upon herself to pester TeamLava employees until she got some answers for us.

You are mistaken. Kooky has made these lists, which are greatly appreciated, but these detailed lists reflect the general information that GM has been sharing all along. The January 13th date has been known to us for quite a while.

Shamrock1963
12-31-11, 09:44 AM
You are mistaken. Kooky has made these lists, which are greatly appreciated, but these detailed lists reflect the general information that GM has been sharing all along. The January 13th date has been known to us for quite a while.

GM may have let us know that "holiday" items are being removed on January 13th, but no TeamLava employee has provided a list of the actual items that they have deemed "holiday" items, and this is something that somebody at TeamLava should have done. Before now.

kooky panda
12-31-11, 09:55 AM
I think Kooky should clarify that players cannot build more Marzipan and candy cane makers after the date.
Otherwise, it sounds like the stored and built ones are also removed.

Happy new year eve, everyone.
That is correct, I have been told that the appliance will be removed, so you will not be able to build anymore, but the ones that you have already built and have in storage will remain and you will be able to continue mastering the locked receipes(as long as you have unlocked the receipes before goals are taken out)

Good news. The seasonal appliances will be removed along with the other items in the future, but if you own these appliances before they're gone, you will still be able to cook the seasonal recipes. Best hurry and complete these appliances ASAP!
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

j_halo7
12-31-11, 10:51 AM
What about those holiday appliances which you bought before 13 Jan but have not finish collecting the materials to build? Will they still let you build it after 13 Jan?

driftboutique
12-31-11, 10:54 AM
GM may have let us know that "holiday" items are being removed on January 13th, but no TeamLava employee has provided a list of the actual items that they have deemed "holiday" items, and this is something that somebody at TeamLava should have done. Before now.

Yea, it would be nice to have been given this information earlier, but I don't think it's any great mystery. All content added between the launch of the Christmas editions and now is considered holiday content and will be removed.

I stand by my point. Team Lava has improved their handling of seasonal content based on feedback from Halloween, and I believe that there is room for improvement based on user response to Christmas content. I don't think that's such an outrageous thing to say.

Shamrock1963
12-31-11, 11:05 AM
What about those holiday appliances which you bought before 13 Jan but have not finish collecting the materials to build? Will they still let you build it after 13 Jan?

I certainly hope so.

Shamrock1963
12-31-11, 11:14 AM
Yea, it would be nice to have been given this information earlier, but I don't think it's any great mystery. All content added between the launch of the Christmas editions and now is considered holiday content and will be removed.

I stand by my point. Team Lava has improved their handling of seasonal content based on feedback from Halloween, and I believe that there is room for improvement based on user response to Christmas content. I don't think that's such an outrageous thing to say.

Yes, they improved their handling of the situation by letting us know that seasonal content would be removed on Jan 13th. That was indeed an improvement. But it wasn't much of one.

Please keep in mind that the Christmas edition was never made available to me or any other Android user, so we have to go look it up to find out when that edition was launched. Furthermore, I do not keep a list of every content item that TeamLava releases with its release date for each and every one of their games, so telling me that they're removing all the items released from date X to date Y isn't really all that helpful. Besides, the only reason that I know about the item removal is because I came to the forums to find out how the heck collectibles are supposed to work. Plenty of people playing the game - probably most people - still have no idea.

driftboutique
12-31-11, 11:38 AM
Yes, they improved their handling of the situation by letting us know that seasonal content would be removed on Jan 13th. That was indeed an improvement. But it wasn't much of one.

Please keep in mind that the Christmas edition was never made available to me or any other Android user, so we have to go look it up to find out when that edition was launched. Furthermore, I do not keep a list of every content item that TeamLava releases with its release date for each and every one of their games, so telling me that they're removing all the items released from date X to date Y isn't really all that helpful. Besides, the only reason that I know about the item removal is because I came to the forums to find out how the heck collectibles are supposed to work. Plenty of people playing the game - probably most people - still have no idea.

Why can't you just respect that my opinion is different from yours and move on? I'm really not interested in being badgered further.

Shamrock1963
12-31-11, 11:40 AM
I am hardly badgering you by explaining why I disagree with your opinion on a forum designed for discussion.

driftboutique
12-31-11, 11:50 AM
I am hardly badgering you by explaining why I disagree with your opinion on a forum designed for discussion.

Good god. You can't even respect my request to be left alone. Okay, fine:

You complained that I was not being very helpful because I mentioned the Christmas edition, but I wasn't trying to be helpful. I was telling you how I was able to deduce what items were being removed without being told. Nonetheless, it does not require an awareness of the existence of the Christmas edition to know when holiday content began. Why? Well, because it was posted here. And on Facebook. Even Android users can use Facebook.

You are correct that some people don't yet know that content will be removed. Which is why they are going to push notifications within the games themselves, as we were told here weeks ago. Would it be better if it seasonal content were marked as such within the game itself? Yes, as I've posted here before. I never argued otherwise. In fact, for the third danged time, all I have argued is that communication has improved, and there is room for additional improvement. There is not a single thing you've said that has been a legitimate argument otherwise. All you are doing is continuing to argue things I didn't even say, and all you are convincing me of is that you don't care about honest discourse, only about proving me wrong, though god knows why.

Shamrock1963
12-31-11, 01:14 PM
Good god. You can't even respect my request to be left alone. Okay, fine:

You complained that I was not being very helpful because I mentioned the Christmas edition, but I wasn't trying to be helpful. I was telling you how I was able to deduce what items were being removed without being told. Nonetheless, it does not require an awareness of the existence of the Christmas edition to know when holiday content began. Why? Well, because it was posted here. And on Facebook. Even Android users can use Facebook.

You are correct that some people don't yet know that content will be removed. Which is why they are going to push notifications within the games themselves, as we were told here weeks ago. Would it be better if it seasonal content were marked as such within the game itself? Yes, as I've posted here before. I never argued otherwise. In fact, for the third danged time, all I have argued is that communication has improved, and there is room for additional improvement. There is not a single thing you've said that has been a legitimate argument otherwise. All you are doing is continuing to argue things I didn't even say, and all you are convincing me of is that you don't care about honest discourse, only about proving me wrong, though god knows why.

If you really wanted to be left alone, you wouldn't keep replying to my posts.

I did not complain that YOU were not being helpful; I complained that TeamLava was not being helpful.

Yes, Android users can use Facebook, but I don't have a Facebook account. Not everyone does. And as I've pointed out before, I wouldn't even have been here to see any of the posts about holiday content if I hadn't been looking up how collectibles work. Not everyone knows that these forums are out here, and some of the ones who do prefer playing the game to following the forum about it. If TeamLava just posts an announcement on the forum and in Facebook to give people advance warning, then they haven't done much to inform their user base, so I think I'm justified in stating that they haven't made a significant improvement.

I haven't seen any posts saying that the games would have push notifications about the seasonal content being removed, but I'll take your word for it. However, considering that they didn't give people enough time to finish either the Goals or master all the seasonal items without resorting to expensive tricks that they might not be able to afford, I don't think that push notifications that still haven't gone out are going to do be considered adequate, timely communication to the users who haven't seen the forum and Facebook posts.

Now, what things am I arguing that you didn't say?

bobbyrae
12-31-11, 01:32 PM
Sadly, there have been so many complaints about the pop up notifications i really don't blame TL for not doing this through the game. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation they are in, really.

driftboutique
12-31-11, 02:02 PM
If you really wanted to be left alone, you wouldn't keep replying to my posts.

I did not complain that YOU were not being helpful; I complained that TeamLava was not being helpful.

Yes, Android users can use Facebook, but I don't have a Facebook account. Not everyone does. And as I've pointed out before, I wouldn't even have been here to see any of the posts about holiday content if I hadn't been looking up how collectibles work. Not everyone knows that these forums are out here, and some of the ones who do prefer playing the game to following the forum about it. If TeamLava just posts an announcement on the forum and in Facebook to give people advance warning, then they haven't done much to inform their user base, so I think I'm justified in stating that they haven't made a significant improvement.

I haven't seen any posts saying that the games would have push notifications about the seasonal content being removed, but I'll take your word for it. However, considering that they didn't give people enough time to finish either the Goals or master all the seasonal items without resorting to expensive tricks that they might not be able to afford, I don't think that push notifications that still haven't gone out are going to do be considered adequate, timely communication to the users who haven't seen the forum and Facebook posts.

Now, what things am I arguing that you didn't say?

No, if I really wanted to be left alone, I would ask to be left alone, which I did. I'm done reading your posts.

Shamrock1963
12-31-11, 02:56 PM
Sadly, there have been so many complaints about the pop up notifications i really don't blame TL for not doing this through the game. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation they are in, really.

You make a good point. Personally, I like the idea of showing that items are seasonal through the store and recipe book displays. They could do it the same way they're showing that an item in the store is a limited time offer. No annoying pop-ups!

kooky panda
01-01-12, 10:45 AM
I have added the gingerbread counter to the list of items since it was released on 12-2 which falls in the dates I was given (12-2 to 12-30).

shelleykk
01-01-12, 10:06 PM
Can we definitely master candy cane and marzipan after they take them away? Or will we just be able to make them?

ecxtasy
01-02-12, 03:07 AM
Marzipan wasn't so locked so will it be removed?

farmer1600
01-02-12, 05:11 PM
Oh - Good question!

The marzipan maker was a holiday constructible but not a locked goal recipe - I held off on that one thinking that I had time to work on marzipan and candy cane after the goals - Please let us know if we will still be able to work on mastering the marzipan recipe.

Thanks again Kooky for these detailed lists!

vanillaheaven
01-03-12, 02:42 AM
Uh, I haven't played at all in Novemeber, so I'm not sure when Jasmine Tea was released.. Is it part of the holiday items that will be removed?

lilobrat05
01-03-12, 07:04 AM
Hey Kooky what about the new stove the brick one that looks like it has a fire burning in it think that will be removed too?

Shamrock1963
01-03-12, 07:52 AM
Without an official list, I'm not taking chances. I'm building them as fast as I can, and when I finish or give up on mastering the recipes, I'll go ahead and start as many of the ovens as I can.

200s
01-03-12, 08:19 AM
What about android users who still haven't gotten the candy cane or marzipan makers? Will we never have the chance to get them? I think TL should consider how unfair all this is to us.

mimidori
01-03-12, 08:29 AM
It seems to me like EVERYTHING released in December is being removed, since even the cookies and the trifle are.

Shamrock1963
01-03-12, 08:30 AM
We will never get the candy cane or marzipan makers. Apparently TeamLava doesn't care how unfair all this is to us Android users.

bobbyrae
01-03-12, 08:41 AM
Can we definitely master candy cane and marzipan after they take them away? Or will we just be able to make them?

I think GM said that so long as you have the appliance to make them, the recipes would be available to cook. Obviously that only relates to candy cane oven, marzipan oven, the turducken oven and chestnut maker and holiday drink machine. I suspect the recipes for the regular ovens will be removed.

I sure hope they won't yank the fireplace ovens! Now i'm afraid to construct any more of those :(

ecxtasy
01-03-12, 09:50 AM
They won't take away the fireplace ovens you have already built

Shamrock1963
01-03-12, 10:27 AM
I think GM said that so long as you have the appliance to make them, the recipes would be available to cook. Obviously that only relates to candy cane oven, marzipan oven, the turducken oven and chestnut maker and holiday drink machine. I suspect the recipes for the regular ovens will be removed.

I sure hope they won't yank the fireplace ovens! Now i'm afraid to construct any more of those :(

Ah! So there are FOUR appliances that Android users aren't getting. Great.

kooky panda
01-03-12, 11:05 AM
Uh, I haven't played at all in Novemeber, so I'm not sure when Jasmine Tea was released.. Is it part of the holiday items that will be removed?
Jamine Tea was released prior to 12-2 so I think that one will be staying.

Hey Kooky what about the new stove the brick one that looks like it has a fire burning in it think that will be removed too?
I do not think the brick oven is an holiday appliance (my personal thoughts), but when you get a chance I would try to build some just in case. I am done with goals, so I am building some of these right now.

What about android users who still haven't gotten the candy cane or marzipan makers? Will we never have the chance to get them? I think TL should consider how unfair all this is to us.
I totally agree on this. not getting some decorations is not good, but no getting receipes to master, I do not agree with this at all.

Ah! So there are FOUR appliances that Android users aren't getting. Great.

kooky panda
01-03-12, 11:11 AM
Oh - Good question!

The marzipan maker was a holiday constructible but not a locked goal recipe - I held off on that one thinking that I had time to work on marzipan and candy cane after the goals - Please let us know if we will still be able to work on mastering the marzipan recipe.

Thanks again Kooky for these detailed lists!
I think the marzipan will be removed based on this thread http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20251-Pls-tell-us-which-of-the-updates-are-Seasonal-items-recipes-and-which-is-permanent-!&p=186006&viewfull=1#post186006 post 47 and post 48 Looks like DW checked on these appliances.

Good news. The seasonal appliances will be removed along with the other items in the future, but if you own these appliances before they're gone, you will still be able to cook the seasonal recipes. Best hurry and complete these appliances ASAP!
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

kooky panda
01-03-12, 03:12 PM
On the New Year's goals - they will be removed at some point. Right now they are scheduled to be part of the January 13 removal, but they may be delayed on being removed. I'll update here when I have more info

bobbyrae
01-03-12, 03:46 PM
I really hope so as i still can't get through with sending requests or receiving my requests since friday/saturday in bakery. Nothing seems to be going through or coming in on the win win win situation goal. I have again sent requests out for the 2 eggs today and still none of my selected neighbours have received the request, even the newly added ones nor have i received any eggs back from anyone today

. I really don't want to bog down the support guys since they may have a lot of catching up to do after the holidays, so I'm giving it a few days, but then i'll have to email for support to look into it.

Again, i'm ipad2 ios 5.0.1
Version 1.4.2 on bakery story.

Yes i have deleted and reinstalled the christmas version several times, including again today
No i do not have any other version running on my ipad besides the christmas version
Tried force closing tc etc.

bobbyrae
01-03-12, 03:50 PM
Wow!!!! Lol. Immediately after posting the above, i open bakery and voila! I get the pop up that i completed the win wigoal. Lol! I'll attribute it to the speed and efficiency of team lava ;-)

dalula
01-03-12, 06:17 PM
Wait: so if you buy the seasonal ovens but have not yet completed building it, can you still build it afterwards and keep the oven? if so thats awesome and i will buy as many of each oven as possible! :D

SweetBGs
01-06-12, 02:33 PM
Ok, so I get there's a forum and a FB page (which I just found out about thru this thread) for us to go and get info from, but why must it be this complicated? I mean, why do I have to spend my time sifting through a bunch of forum posts JUST so I can determine what the heck is going on with these goal/quest thingies that suddenly popped up on my game? I've spent the last several weeks being utterly confused as to what the reward is, how many goals there are total, does one string of goals depend on the other, etc that I just want to throw up my hands and quit the whole game. How hard would it be really for TL to put an informational button within the quest list so that 50 forum discussions don't have to occur over this?

SweetBGs
01-06-12, 02:39 PM
Oh, and I meant to add that if they're going to set up these goals that we have to spend gems on just to complete, they could do us the small favor of giving us basic info & instructions.

aiyayu
01-06-12, 02:56 PM
Well I think traditionally when a game releases quests or in this instance-goals, the community builds together the list of steps to complete it. I guess its rough though said compiled lists are kinda hidden away in various posts and not within its own topic.

Though requiring premium currency (gems/CC) is just wrong for a free game. This isn't pay-to-play, get things right TL.

xcellent
01-06-12, 05:10 PM
I think the marzipan will be removed based on this thread http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20251-Pls-tell-us-which-of-the-updates-are-Seasonal-items-recipes-and-which-is-permanent-!&p=186006&viewfull=1#post186006 post 47 and post 48 Looks like DW checked on these appliances.

If i understand it correctly ---only the marzipan appliances will be removed from the list but the recipe is not, quote from DW--- " but if you own these appliances before they're gone,you will still be able to cook the seasonal recipe".....
But i still need a confirmation tho..... I hope the recipe stays......

kooky panda
01-06-12, 06:06 PM
If i understand it correctly ---only the marzipan appliances will be removed from the list but the recipe is not, quote from DW--- " but if you own these appliances before they're gone,you will still be able to cook the seasonal recipe".....
But i still need a confirmation tho..... I hope the recipe stays......

yes if you have already built the marzipan appliance you will still be able to master the receipe even after the appliance is removed from the store(to buy new)

xcellent
01-06-12, 06:15 PM
yes if you have already built the marzipan appliance you will still be able to master the receipe even after the appliance is removed from the store(to buy new)

Thanks kooky! That's what im waiting for! Lol!
Cause i put all my holiday appliances in storage to max the reg appliances i am using to finish those long hours recipes (cupcake,hot choco and pumpkin pie) ;-)

cdv247
01-06-12, 08:13 PM
So if i have a holiday machine, I will lose it or not be able to use it...or what?

cdv247
01-06-12, 08:14 PM
I think I may just stop quests on all game and stock up on food that will be expiring. I had so many gravestone brownies from Halloween that they lasted until two days ago!

LunaMiya808
01-06-12, 09:27 PM
Is pumpkin pie going? I thought we got that in November? Also, I seem to remember getting the pecan pie in December. Will that be going also? So far there are only the two recipes listed on the first post, what about fruit cake, jam cookies?

Shamrock1963
01-06-12, 09:32 PM
So if i have a holiday machine, I will lose it or not be able to use it...or what?

The holiday machines that you have already bought will not be taken away, but they will be removed from the store, so you will be unable to buy any more of them.

I believe that you will still be able to make the recipes on the holiday machines that have their own recipe set, but we don't know for how long.

SabatoBaby
01-06-12, 10:18 PM
Hi I'm confused ...... perhaps someone at TeamLava can answer the following questions:
1. If I buy holiday decorations or special wallpapers or tiles etc and leave them in my bakery after the day they are removed for sale (ie from the store) .... will my decorations etc remain?
2. If yes, will I be able to put them in storage without losing them? Eg I will able able to take them in and out of storage as I like?
3. If I have a mazipan oven or a candy corn maker or a fireplace oven will I able to have them in my bakery and I will I able able to use them once they are removed from sale?
4. If yes, what happens if I put them in storage?

Hopefully the answer is "yes" to all of the above. I look forward to reading your reply. Thanks.

shelleykk
01-06-12, 10:35 PM
Are egg custards holiday related? And if so will they be taken away in Thursday?

jj486
01-06-12, 10:39 PM
I just wonder what drink will remove on Jan 13th?? is the 16hrs apple cider or the 6hrs spakling apple cider????

mushroom79
01-06-12, 11:04 PM
Is pumpkin pie going? I thought we got that in November? Also, I seem to remember getting the pecan pie in December. Will that be going also? So far there are only the two recipes listed on the first post, what about fruit cake, jam cookies?

pumpkin pie was released in 2010 i believe. when i started playing in april 2011, pumpkin pie was already there.

Shamrock1963
01-07-12, 12:21 PM
Hi I'm confused ...... perhaps someone at TeamLava can answer the following questions:
1. If I buy holiday decorations or special wallpapers or tiles etc and leave them in my bakery after the day they are removed for sale (ie from the store) .... will my decorations etc remain?
2. If yes, will I be able to put them in storage without losing them? Eg I will able able to take them in and out of storage as I like?
3. If I have a mazipan oven or a candy corn maker or a fireplace oven will I able to have them in my bakery and I will I able able to use them once they are removed from sale?
4. If yes, what happens if I put them in storage?

Hopefully the answer is "yes" to all of the above. I look forward to reading your reply. Thanks.

1. Yes, the items that you have already purchased will remain in your bakery.
2. Yes, you can put them into storage, and they will be there later for you to take out and place in your bakery again. Just be careful not to accidentally sell them instead of putting them into storage; the buttons are right next to each other, and I'm not sure there's a confirmation pop-up if you click on sell.
3. Yes, any marzipan ovens, candy corn makers, and fireplace ovens will still be in your bakery. The Fireplace Ovens have the same recipe book as the regular ovens, so you will still be able to cook on them. The marzipan ovens and candy corn makers have their own recipes, and those recipes might be pulled, although I believe those recipes are NOT part of the content removal scheduled for Jan 13.
4. If you place a discontinued item in storage, it shows up the same way as any other item that you have in storage. Open the appropriate design tab and scroll until you find your item. The bottom right corner of the item's picture will have a pink triangle with a number showing how many of the item you have in storage. You click on the item and place it into your bakery just as you would if you were purchasing it, but there is no cost because you've already bought it. When you have placed all of those items in your bakery and have no more in storage, the item disappears from the design window.

I hope that answers all your questions!

Shamrock1963
01-07-12, 12:22 PM
Are egg custards holiday related? And if so will they be taken away in Thursday?

The egg custard was added in January so is NOT part of the content removal scheduled for Jan 13.

bobbyrae
01-07-12, 12:32 PM
As per the original post from Kooky and team lava
holiday items that were added to the games from Dec 2 to Dec 30th will be removed on January 13th

robynznest
01-07-12, 04:25 PM
So, since I just started playing around Christmas time and I'm not really sure how all this works...

When new content is added, is it typically available for a limited time only? Like the new "New Year's"/Chinese themed items that were just released recently ... will these be going away at some point? Just wondering if it's a good idea to make new content a priority as far as buying items and mastering recipes...

jdoggthewiz
01-09-12, 06:39 PM
I haven't completed the candy cane cake goal yet. I just started the one where I have to make the 35 yule logs, 30 hot chocolate and cinnamon sticks so I probably won't finish before January 13. Will I be able to complete the goal and unlock the recipe after Jan 13?

nmishii
01-09-12, 06:56 PM
I haven't completed the candy cane cake goal yet. I just started the one where I have to make the 35 yule logs, 30 hot chocolate and cinnamon sticks so I probably won't finish before January 13. Will I be able to complete the goal and unlock the recipe after Jan 13?

The goals will be removed on Jan 13, so no. You need to try to complete the goal and unlock the receipt by the time they remove it on Friday. They did not give a time, so I'd shoot for Thursday.

jdoggthewiz
01-09-12, 07:28 PM
The goals will be removed on Jan 13, so no. You need to try to complete the goal and unlock the receipt by the time they remove it on Friday. They did not give a time, so I'd shoot for Thursday.

Thanks for replying. I probably won't make it since I just started today. I'm so sad. I really wanted that candy cane cake. :(

dalula
01-09-12, 07:42 PM
Will the goal for the Candy Cane cake be removed? my candy cane oven will be useless without the recipe. :(

Will the goals with the baker (not Chillby) be removed?

lyandouw
01-10-12, 09:16 AM
It says 13 jan but why i'm losing candy cane maker and marzioan oven today?

kooky panda
01-10-12, 09:41 AM
It says 13 jan but why i'm losing candy cane maker and marzioan oven today?

I am still seeing an option to buy the mazipan and candy cane appliances. On Ipad they are the last two appliances under the appliance tab.

bobbyrae
01-10-12, 09:50 AM
Oh i so hope they delay the removal of the holiday items. I've mastered almost everything but still not completed all the goals. And that darn sleigh looks so adorable too!

Shamrock1963
01-10-12, 11:18 AM
I want a candy cane maker! I want a marzipan! It's not fair!

kooky panda
01-10-12, 11:25 AM
I want a candy cane maker! I want a marzipan! It's not fair!

shamrock, If I could I would build you some and ship them to you.

Shamrock1963
01-10-12, 11:26 AM
Aww! Thanks, Kooky. You're even sweeter than candy cane cake!

kooky panda
01-10-12, 11:52 AM
Aww! Thanks, Kooky. You're even sweeter than candy cane cake!
thanks, but I will admit I have been a little grouchy at home lately... I think it is the goals, crops and the pending deadlines has gotten me a little it stressed.:p

Shamrock1963
01-10-12, 11:59 AM
I think the looming deadlines and general uncertainty has been stressful for a lot of us. Especially combined with the potential loss of a lot of popular non-holiday content.

01cookie10
01-10-12, 02:58 PM
I have added the gingerbread counter to the list of items since it was released on 12-2 which falls in the dates I was given (12-2 to 12-30).

Are the gingerbread counters going? Did we not use gems to buy them?

bobbyrae
01-10-12, 03:03 PM
Are the gingerbread counters going? Did we not use gems to buy them?

Sigh....going, meaning you can't buy them anymore. Whatever you have already purchased will not be removed from your storage or restaurant.

fodi
01-11-12, 09:54 AM
Hi guys
My question about the 13th of January item removal is the time zone. I'm in Hungary, that's GMT+1. Will stuff be removed 12th going on to the 13th, or 13th to 14th? And which time zone? Thanksfor any useful replies 

june_621
01-11-12, 10:27 AM
Hi guys
My question about the 13th of January item removal is the time zone. I'm in Hungary, that's GMT+1. Will stuff be removed 12th going on to the 13th, or 13th to 14th? And which time zone? Thanksfor any useful replies 

i *think* the teamlava time zone is GMT-8, coz my tips & "bonus for visiting neighbours" get reset around midnight of that time zone, and from the wording removed "on" 13/1, i would say it's 12th going on to 13th - BUT all these are my own interpretation, not necessarily correct, nor useful :p

vanillaheaven
01-11-12, 12:42 PM
Wow, I just got a pop up that said that the holiday content will be removed on January 20th. Was the removal date really moved one week later? That'd be awesome!

Shamrock1963
01-11-12, 12:49 PM
Certainly looks t hat way. I've gotten the same pop-up in Farm and Restaurant.

kooky panda
01-11-12, 01:14 PM
yes looks like due to everyones feedback (well panic posts...lol) TL has given us more time. Yeah... okay back to that hot chocolate people!!!

bobbyrae
01-11-12, 01:21 PM
yes looks like due to everyones feedback (well panic posts...lol) TL has given us more time. Yeah... okay back to that hot chocolate people!!!

Panic posts indeed!! I was just about to start tearing my hair out. Lol. Exellent decision Team Lava. There are a lot of less stressed people out there today. Lol.

ChickieCago
01-11-12, 01:27 PM
Hooray ! Really happy about the Jan. 20th extension : )

ifurita
01-11-12, 01:33 PM
Thank you! Logged on for the first time just to say THANK YOU for the extension. I only picked up this game a few weeks ago and was resigned to missing out on completing the holiday quests. Now I should be able to achieve those goals. :)

ddenise
01-11-12, 04:55 PM
ok this is good:) we can still master some recipes:)

june_621
01-11-12, 06:23 PM
yes a big thank you indeed :) now i guess i can get my sleigh :D :D :D

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-11-12, 06:28 PM
What about the snowman we had to spend 24 gems on to complete a quest. If they are going to take that away from me then I sure am wishing I hadn't used my gems for it! Or for the wallpaper.

duckieduckduck
01-11-12, 06:41 PM
This is good news!!
I really like playing the goal, just finish all today, but still happy to see this news!

But since the pop-up say "Christmas", will the "New Year" decoration remove too?

I really like the starry wallpaper, but wallpaper just cant stock up,
if I expand later, there's no chance to get back the same wallpaper. :(

kooky panda
01-11-12, 06:42 PM
What about the snowman we had to spend 24 gems on to complete a quest. If they are going to take that away from me then I sure am wishing I hadn't used my gems for it! Or for the wallpaper.
They are only removing items from the store to buy new. Any item you have already bought have have out in your game or in storage, you will be able to keep.

bobbyrae
01-11-12, 06:46 PM
From another post,

Yes. New Year goals will be removed on Jan 20.

bobbyrae
01-11-12, 06:51 PM
In other words, any item you have already bought for coins or gems, whether decorations or appliances you will keep. They will not be removed from your store or storage.
Any item you unlocked by ahieving goals, whether decorations or recipes, those will not be removed.
After the 20th of January, however you will not be able to purchase any items considered holiday items (i.e. those released between the 2nd and 30th of December

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-11-12, 06:57 PM
They are only removing items from the store to buy new. Any item you have already bought have have out in your game or in storage, you will be able to keep.

Whew! So if I put my Christmas tree in storage it will be there til next year or if I want to put it out for Christmas in July?

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-11-12, 06:59 PM
In other words, any item you have already bought for coins or gems, whether decorations or appliances you will keep. They will not be removed from your store or storage.
Any item you unlocked by ahieving goals, whether decorations or recipes, those will not be removed.
After the 20th of January, however you will not be able to purchase any items considered holiday items (i.e. those released between the 2nd and 30th of December

Thanks for the info. I likes my Christmas decorations.

lilobrat05
01-11-12, 10:17 PM
Glad they extended it but it wld be really nice if we knew exactly which items were being removed! If they cld put a little limited note on the items that wld be great and easier than supplying list for each game. Plz TL can u mark the items being removed in each game within the games????? Everyone will love you guys for it!!!!!!

bitty143
01-12-12, 03:25 AM
Wow. Just wow. All that hard work and now...wow -_-

Surprise surprise, TL is taking things we earned away from us! Sounds about right to me.

yo3ana
01-12-12, 03:34 AM
Surprise surprise, TL is taking things we earned away from us! Sounds about right to me.

The goal rewards that we achieved will be taken??? Like the decorations?

fai0sal
01-12-12, 07:49 AM
I know the deadline was 13/jan and it was moved to 20/jan but my Q : will i be able to master unlocked recipes after 20/jan ?

pinkster73
01-12-12, 08:25 AM

No they aren't

bobbyrae
01-12-12, 08:51 AM

The goal rewards that we achieved will be taken??? Like the decorations?

would you two just take a few minutes to actually read this thread?

yo3ana
01-12-12, 09:22 AM
It's clear what the thread is saying but bitty143 is saying about earned things being taken away, which obviously not in this thread or he means something else.

kooky panda
01-12-12, 09:22 AM
I know the deadline was 13/jan and it was moved to 20/jan but my Q : will i be able to master unlocked recipes after 20/jan ?
Yes you will be able to still master unlocked receipes after Jan 20 as long as you have unlocked the appliances for those receipes and purchased and built
the appliances.

fai0sal
01-12-12, 09:27 AM
Thank you kooky 

kooky panda
01-12-12, 09:28 AM

Yes you will be able to still master unlocked receipes after Jan 20 as long as you have unlocked the appliances for those receipes and purchased and built
the appliances.

In case people have not read the entire thread here are some previous posts with some of the answers

bitty143
01-12-12, 04:54 PM

And would you calm your attitude? Is this not a place for us to vent our frustrations with these games, ask questions, talk things out, etc? As I read things, it was not plainly stated that the recipes would be staying. We didn't pay for the recipes earned through goals, therefore it seemed as if we would loose them since most comments stated we would only be keeping things bought with coins or gems. Not to mention the fact that we don't all have the time to sit and read through every single comment as you so obviously do. Regardless of all that, we ALL have the right to state our opinions, which is exactly what I did, and should not have to fear being reprimanded by the sites self-appointed security team.

bitty143
01-12-12, 05:01 PM
It's clear what the thread is saying but bitty143 is saying about earned things being taken away, which obviously not in this thread or he means something else.

That's exactly what I was talking about. It was made very clear that everything we bought with coins or gems would stay, obviously, but I was referring to recipes we've earned through goals. As far as I could see, there was no clear answer on whether or not we would be able to keep those. A solid answer was not posted until after I posted my comment. BUT, we should be able to post our opinions and any questions without getting attitude from other members of this site. So what if we missed a post with the answer? How dare someone snap at us for asking a question already posted somewhere within the mess of this 12 page thread? Don't worry about rude her comment yo3ana, if you have a question, you have EVERY right to ask it!

pastrychef17
01-12-12, 05:30 PM
That's exactly what I was talking about. It was made very clear that everything we bought with coins or gems would stay, obviously, but I was referring to recipes we've earned through goals. As far as I could see, there was no clear answer on whether or not we would be able to keep those. A solid answer was not posted until after I posted my comment. BUT, we should be able to post our opinions and any questions without getting attitude from other members of this site. So what if we missed a post with the answer? How dare someone snap at us for asking a question already posted somewhere within the mess of this 12 page thread? Don't worry about rude her comment yo3ana, if you have a question, you have EVERY right to ask it!

At the risk of incurring your wrath, I understand where bobbyrae is coming from. The same questions are asked over and over again even after the answers are posted. It's possible people miss the threads or the posts that give them the information they need but some of the posts come across as the information has never been provided yet they have been, multiple times, even on the same thread they're posting the question. People also come across as upset because they're making a wrong assumption about something and they vent their frustrations but in reality, there isn't anything for them to be so frustrated about if they were aware of the correct information. No, that shouldn't stop people from asking questions but it wouldn't hurt to read some of the threads first rather than "I don't want to read all those pages so I'm just going to ask the question and want someone to just tell me what I want to know". And, I'm sorry if you think I'm giving you attitude but it HAS been stated more than once on several threads that recipes unlocked by goals would be staying for awhile and holiday recipes released between Dec 2-30 would be gone after Jan 20. Personally I think kooky has the patience of a saint for patiently answering the same questions over and over again.

bitty143
01-12-12, 06:56 PM
At the risk of incurring your wrath, I understand where bobbyrae is coming from. The same questions are asked over and over again even after the answers are posted. It's possible people miss the threads or the posts that give them the information they need but some of the posts come across as the information has never been provided yet they have been, multiple times, even on the same thread they're posting the question. People also come across as upset because they're making a wrong assumption about something and they vent their frustrations but in reality, there isn't anything for them to be so frustrated about if they were aware of the correct information. No, that shouldn't stop people from asking questions but it wouldn't hurt to read some of the threads first rather than "I don't want to read all those pages so I'm just going to ask the question and want someone to just tell me what I want to know". And, I'm sorry if you think I'm giving you attitude but it HAS been stated more than once on several threads that recipes unlocked by goals would be staying for awhile and holiday recipes released between Dec 2-30 would be gone after Jan 20. Personally I think kooky has the patience of a saint for patiently answering the same questions over and over again.

Your right, kooky is AMAZING! But my comment was not to her. And it's not about incurring anyone's wrath. It's about holding your tongue if someone says something that bothers you. And if you noticed, I DIDN'T ask a question. I simply stated my opinion. And it was stated in passing out of frustration with a situation I'm currently experiencing with TL. It certainly did not require someone snapping at me and the other player who questioned it. Bobbyrae had no reason to come at us the way she did. I don't see why people feel the need to go around to all the posts on here 'correcting' people who say something they just so happen to dislike. Methinks some people should find something better to do with their time. And as far as your comment about people not wanting to read posts and "someone just answer my question right now", I don't think that's fair. Maybe they missed a post or don't know how to find them yet because their new to all of this. If you don't like their question or know it's already been answered somewhere else, don't reply to it. It's as simple as that. Cruelty is not necessary, there are A LOT of young children who use this site, my 10 year old daughter uses it daily and I know I'd be VERY upset if someone snapped at her the way bobbyrae did me simply because she missed a post and asked a question someone else already had, and it irritated bobbyrae so she snapped at her as if she were an idiot. If it bothers y'all so much then don't use the site and don't read the posts, because it happens everyday and is going to continue to happen. Simply put, be nice. And if you can't be, then don't respond to posts. That is what incurred my "wrath" as you call it. And unless your an owner/developer/employee of TL, what does it matter to you what people say anyway? It's why this site is here.

pastrychef17
01-12-12, 07:19 PM
It's so easy to read more into a written post than what someone may or may not have meant. I'm not angry. I didn't take bobbyrae's post as "snapping" but you keep using that word so apparently you did. Actually, you're coming across as much more confrontational than either of us. I don't know if that's what you intend to or not. You have a different opinion. That's fine. It just sounds like "simply put, be nice" can be applied to all of us rather than telling people if it bothers you, don't use the site, if you don't like the posts, don't respond to it and "why does it matter to you what people say anyway"? Those are pretty prescriptive words to tell people how they should behave because you don't like what they're saying. Again, maybe that's not what you intended but that's how your words are coming across, at least to me. BTW, slightly off-topic, I thought TL's TOS was players have to be 14 years or older to play their games so there really shouldn't be a lot of young children on this forum. Not legitimately anyway. In any case, this is far off topic so I'm done now. Peace.

bobbyrae
01-12-12, 08:13 PM
Your right, kooky is AMAZING! But my comment was not to her. And it's not about incurring anyone's wrath. It's about holding your tongue if someone says something that bothers you. And if you noticed, I DIDN'T ask a question. I simply stated my opinion. And it was stated in passing out of frustration with a situation I'm currently experiencing with TL. It certainly did not require someone snapping at me and the other player who questioned it. Bobbyrae had no reason to come at us the way she did. I don't see why people feel the need to go around to all the posts on here 'correcting' people who say something they just so happen to dislike. Methinks some people should find something better to do with their time. And as far as your comment about people not wanting to read posts and "someone just answer my question right now", I don't think that's fair. Maybe they missed a post or don't know how to find them yet because their new to all of this. If you don't like their question or know it's already been answered somewhere else, don't reply to it. It's as simple as that. Cruelty is not necessary, there are A LOT of young children who use this site, my 10 year old daughter uses it daily and I know I'd be VERY upset if someone snapped at her the way bobbyrae did me simply because she missed a post and asked a question someone else already had, and it irritated bobbyrae so she snapped at her as if she were an idiot. If it bothers y'all so much then don't use the site and don't read the posts, because it happens everyday and is going to continue to happen. Simply put, be nice. And if you can't be, then don't respond to posts. That is what incurred my "wrath" as you call it. And unless your an owner/developer/employee of TL, what does it matter to you what people say anyway? It's why this site is here.

O.k. As has been stated on this thread and other threads on this forum, the way we understand it, is that :-
1. Recipes unlocked through goals will not be removed on the 20th of January. You will still be able to cook these recipes. They may eventually be removed but we do not know if they will be or when.
2. Decorations unlocked through goals will not be removed on January 20.
3. Anything considered to be holiday decor which has been purchased with gems or coins will not be removed from your inventory or your bakery on January 20. You will have those items until you choose to sell them, if they can be sold.
4. Anything classified as Holiday decor, which means items added between Dec 2 and Dec 30 will be removed from the store on January 20 i.e. if you haven't already bought it you will not be able to buy it after the 20th of January. If you have bought it for coins or gems or earned it through goals, then you will still have it in your inventory. It will not be removed from your inventory. If you have it placed in your bakery, the purchased item will not be removed from your bakery. But you will not be able to purchase a new one.
5. Recipes that were not unlocked by goals but which are considered holiday recipes, i.e. which were released between the 2nd and 30th of December 2011 are scheduled to be removed on January 20. This means that you will not be able to cook this recipe after the 20th of January. If you have cooked the item before that date and have the food out on your counter, the cooked food will not be removed on January 20. You will not be able to cook the food after the 20th of january.
6. All goals are scheduled to be removed on January 20. If you have not completed a goal by that date, it is our understanding that you will not be able to complete the goal after the 20th of January.
7. Holiday appliances, including, we assume, the marzipan maker, candy cane maker and fire place oven are scheduled to be removed on January 20. If you have not yet purchased these appliances you will not be able to purchase new ones after that date. If you have purchased these appliances then those purchased appliances will not be removed. What we do not know is what will happen if you have purchased one of these appliances before the 20th of January but have not completed construction before that date. I think that question was asked and Kooky was trying to get an answer.
8. If you have purchased and constructed the marzipan appliance before the 20th of January you will be able to cook the marzipan after the 20th of January.
9. If you have purchased and constructed the candy cane machine before the 20th of January and have unlocked the candy cane cake recipe you will be able to make the candy cake after the 20th of January. We believe that if you have not unlocked the candy cane cake recipe but have constructed the candy cane appliance you will not be able to make the candy cane cake after the 20th of January. We do know know whether TL will reconsider making the cake available after the 20th for those who were not able to unlock the recipe.
10. The fireplace oven makes the same recipes as regular ovens so...again, the holiday recipes which were not unlocked by goals will be removed on Jan 20. You will still be able to use this oven after the 20th of January if you have purchased and constructed it before that date. You will not be able to purchase new fireplace ovens after the 20th of January. The purchased, constructed machines will not be removed from your bakery or inventory.

All of this has been gleaned from this thread and from other threads on the subject. Team Lava reps have not told us which items will be removed, except to say holiday items released between the 2nd and 30th of December are scheduled to be removed on january 20. They have also told us that this includes the goals and does include New Year Goals.
Team Lava may decide to change their minds and leave it all or may decide to follow through on removal of the items. We do not know.

Hopefully this answers your question.
While i have no problem with questions being asked it is ridiculous to come to a forum and ask the same question on a thread which already contains the answers, as Kooky was kind enough to show. Especially when the answers appear a few posts above the question. At least read the thread before posting the question.

bobbyrae
01-12-12, 08:21 PM
Cruelty is not necessary, there are A LOT of young children who use this site, my 10 year old daughter uses it daily and I know I'd be VERY upset if someone snapped at her the way bobbyrae did me simply because she missed a post and asked a question someone else already had, and it irritated bobbyrae so she snapped at her as if she were an idiot.

If you got all that from me simply asking you to read a thread, then...wow. i certainly did not snap cruelly at anyone nor did I think anyone was an idiot.

BTW, at the risk of hurting anyone's feelings i will post the following without any suggestions as to whether you or anyone should read it:

Originally Posted by Terms of Service
Please carefully read these Terms of Service, which affect your legal rights and obligations.* By registering for an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that (1) you are age 14 or older, (2) you understand and agree to these Terms of Service, and (3) if you are between the ages of 14 and 18, your legal guardian has reviewed and agrees to these Terms of Service.

IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, DO NOT USE THE SERVICE.* IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.* USE OF THE SERVICE IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.*

In any event, this is a helpful thread and i would not like to see it closed because we have gone off topic.

bitty143
01-12-12, 11:07 PM
O.k. As has been stated on this thread and other threads on this forum, the way we understand it, is that :-
1. Recipes unlocked through goals will not be removed on the 20th of January. You will still be able to cook these recipes. They may eventually be removed but we do not know if they will be or when.
2. Decorations unlocked through goals will not be removed on January 20.
3. Anything considered to be holiday decor which has been purchased with gems or coins will not be removed from your inventory or your bakery on January 20. You will have those items until you choose to sell them, if they can be sold.
4. Anything classified as Holiday decor, which means items added between Dec 2 and Dec 30 will be removed from the store on January 20 i.e. if you haven't already bought it you will not be able to buy it after the 20th of January. If you have bought it for coins or gems or earned it through goals, then you will still have it in your inventory. It will not be removed from your inventory. If you have it placed in your bakery, the purchased item will not be removed from your bakery. But you will not be able to purchase a new one.
5. Recipes that were not unlocked by goals but which are considered holiday recipes, i.e. which were released between the 2nd and 30th of December 2011 are scheduled to be removed on January 20. This means that you will not be able to cook this recipe after the 20th of January. If you have cooked the item before that date and have the food out on your counter, the cooked food will not be removed on January 20. You will not be able to cook the food after the 20th of january.
6. All goals are scheduled to be removed on January 20. If you have not completed a goal by that date, it is our understanding that you will not be able to complete the goal after the 20th of January.
7. Holiday appliances, including, we assume, the marzipan maker, candy cane maker and fire place oven are scheduled to be removed on January 20. If you have not yet purchased these appliances you will not be able to purchase new ones after that date. If you have purchased these appliances then those purchased appliances will not be removed. What we do not know is what will happen if you have purchased one of these appliances before the 20th of January but have not completed construction before that date. I think that question was asked and Kooky was trying to get an answer.
8. If you have purchased and constructed the marzipan appliance before the 20th of January you will be able to cook the marzipan after the 20th of January.
9. If you have purchased and constructed the candy cane machine before the 20th of January and have unlocked the candy cane cake recipe you will be able to make the candy cake after the 20th of January. We believe that if you have not unlocked the candy cane cake recipe but have constructed the candy cane appliance you will not be able to make the candy cane cake after the 20th of January. We do know know whether TL will reconsider making the cake available after the 20th for those who were not able to unlock the recipe.
10. The fireplace oven makes the same recipes as regular ovens so...again, the holiday recipes which were not unlocked by goals will be removed on Jan 20. You will still be able to use this oven after the 20th of January if you have purchased and constructed it before that date. You will not be able to purchase new fireplace ovens after the 20th of January. The purchased, constructed machines will not be removed from your bakery or inventory.

All of this has been gleaned from this thread and from other threads on the subject. Team Lava reps have not told us which items will be removed, except to say holiday items released between the 2nd and 30th of December are scheduled to be removed on january 20. They have also told us that this includes the goals and does include New Year Goals.
Team Lava may decide to change their minds and leave it all or may decide to follow through on removal of the items. We do not know.

Hopefully this answers your question.
While i have no problem with questions being asked it is ridiculous to come to a forum and ask the same question on a thread which already contains the answers, as Kooky was kind enough to show. Especially when the answers appear a few posts above the question. At least read the thread before posting the question.

While I can appreciate the fact that you took the time to type all of that, is was unnecessary. As I've stated numerous times, I DID NOT ASK A QUESTION!!! I made a statement, and whether it was true or false, I don't care. My main defense in this is for the other player who questioned my post, as I can see how it may have thrown her off. I think you could have approached us differently or at least made an attempt to not have your comment seem so unpleasant. I agree posts can be misconstrued, but that's neither here nor there. I'm done with this, I don't need to defend myself to other players nor is this the place for it. If you or anyone else has anything they'd like to say to, you can send a private message.

yo3ana
01-12-12, 11:11 PM
While I can appreciate the fact that you took the time to type all of that, is was unnecessary. As I've stated numerous times, I DID NOT ASK A QUESTION!!! I made a statement, and whether it was true or false, I don't care. My main defense in this is for the other player who questioned my post, as I can see how it may have thrown her off. I think you could have approached us differently or at least made an attempt to not have your comment seem so unpleasant. I agree posts can be misconstrued, but that's neither here nor there. I'm done with this, I don't need to defend myself to other players nor is this the place for it. If you or anyone else has anything they'd like to say to, you can send a private message.

Agree, I asked you the question and I dunno why other would get all worked over it, it was between us and if anyone would like to answer it's oki or could ignore it if it's repetitive.. Just was questioning what you ment nothing more or less. And thanks for defending me earlier.

bitty143
01-12-12, 11:16 PM
If you got all that from me simply asking you to read a thread, then...wow. i certainly did not snap cruelly at anyone nor did I think anyone was an idiot.

BTW, at the risk of hurting anyone's feelings i will post the following without any suggestions as to whether you or anyone should read it:

In any event, this is a helpful thread and i would not like to see it closed because we have gone off topic.

If I say my daughter can play a game with me on my device, than that's that, and it is NONE of your business! How dare you?

bitty143
01-12-12, 11:20 PM
Agree, I asked you the question and I dunno why other would get all worked over it, it was between us and if anyone would like to answer it's oki or could ignore it if it's repetitive.. Just was questioning what you ment nothing more or less. And thanks for defending me earlier.

Your very welcome, she had no need to comment on your question to me, but I do apologize if my comment confused you. I was frustrated with TL and vented with that post. Obviously my mistake, next time I'll be more aware of the self appointed, teamlava secret police ;)

bitty143
01-12-12, 11:27 PM
It's so easy to read more into a written post than what someone may or may not have meant. I'm not angry. I didn't take bobbyrae's post as "snapping" but you keep using that word so apparently you did. Actually, you're coming across as much more confrontational than either of us. I don't know if that's what you intend to or not. You have a different opinion. That's fine. It just sounds like "simply put, be nice" can be applied to all of us rather than telling people if it bothers you, don't use the site, if you don't like the posts, don't respond to it and "why does it matter to you what people say anyway"? Those are pretty prescriptive words to tell people how they should behave because you don't like what they're saying. Again, maybe that's not what you intended but that's how your words are coming across, at least to me. BTW, slightly off-topic, I thought TL's TOS was players have to be 14 years or older to play their games so there really shouldn't be a lot of young children on this forum. Not legitimately anyway. In any case, this is far off topic so I'm done now. Peace.

Why are you posting messages to me? You had/have nothing to do with this. Once again, a site user taking it upon themselves to police other players. I'm done discussing this with you or anyone else for that matter. This is not the place for it and we have already taken it too far on this thread. If you have anything further you'd like to say to me, send it privately, although I hope you don't.

kooky panda
01-13-12, 06:08 AM
Okay guys, this thread has really gone off topic. Everyone has been stressed over the goals, and holiday items being removed. I can see both sides to this, it can be a little frustrating answering the same questions when most answers are usually already posted, but I do understand that not everyone has the time to read through pages and pages on a thread(especially when a thread goes off topic).
I did try to add some common questions to post 1. If someone sees some extra questions that I need to add , please send me a message.(just click on my name to come to my profile).

As for the statement of the player under age 14, yes, as per the Terms of agreement,(TOS) to be be registered member and post on the forum, all members are suppose to be age 14 and above, but discussing the TOS is not appropriate on the forum. If you feel a post needs to be addressed, please contact a moderator or Community Manager.

In the future if you feel a member has posted something offensive to you, instead of responding on the thread which can start a fight, please contact a CM or moderator to come over to the thread.
You can also file a dispute (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes)

Shamrock1963
01-13-12, 09:32 AM

I wonder what happens if you start a recipe before it is removed, but it gets removed before it has finished cooking. Does it complete? And if so, does it actually get applied toward mastery? I may start some recipes that will be removed right before the removal date just to see what happens.

kooky panda
01-13-12, 09:38 AM
I wonder what happens if you start a recipe before it is removed, but it gets removed before it has finished cooking. Does it complete? And if so, does it actually get applied toward mastery? I may start some recipes that will be removed right before the removal date just to see what happens.
since the ability to buy "new" will be removed, I think that once you have it placed, it will not be removed and you will be able to complete. The problem is you will not be able to see your mastery bar, when the receipe is removed from the cookbook.
In Farm when the caramel trees were removed, I did finish mastering them and got my level 4 gem and gnome, the problem is since the tree was no longer in the store, I could not see the bar to see how far I has to go.

Shamrock1963
01-13-12, 09:41 AM
Losing the ability to see the mastery bar in the cookbook wouldn't be a problem tho. Unless you achieved mastery with the batch you started just before removal, it would be kind of a moot point. But I still may start some recipes right before removal just to see how it works. I have that kind of mind. ;)

Shamrock1963
01-13-12, 10:17 AM
I am prepared for the removal of Fireplace Ovens! Despite some neighbors who sent useless parts (Nozzles, Motors, Springs ...) and some neighbors who sent Brownies and Chocolate Cake, I managed to complete 18 Fireplace Ovens. Fortunately, most of my neighbors are helpful folks, and many will go out of their way to help. I'm very grateful to them and quite excited about my new lineup of ovens.

bobbyrae
01-13-12, 10:39 AM
I am prepared for the removal of Fireplace Ovens! Despite some neighbors who sent useless parts (Nozzles, Motors, Springs ...) and some neighbors who sent Brownies and Chocolate Cake, I managed to complete 18 Fireplace Ovens. Fortunately, most of my neighbors are helpful folks, and many will go out of their way to help. I'm very grateful to them and quite excited about my new lineup of ovens.

I'm trying to complete my 18 as well. I think i have about 6 or so to construct. Those darn nozzles though! I think i have enough to never have to request them ever again. Lol. :p As for the brownies & chocolate cake...������. ��lol...

duckllamamoose
01-13-12, 11:59 AM
Can someone please make it slightly clearer for me, are these the only two recipes that will be disappearing for ANDROID users?

Chocolate Cherry Triffle
Red Velvet Cookies

Or are there others?

GroupMagma
01-13-12, 01:27 PM
Wait: so if you buy the seasonal ovens but have not yet completed building it, can you still build it afterwards and keep the oven? if so thats awesome and i will buy as many of each oven as possible! :D

This is accurate; you can complete unbuilt appliances beyond the date that we remove them from the Store. So long as you have purchased them, they won't be removed.

ddenise
01-13-12, 05:47 PM
Are there any new goals to complete after the Gingerbread sleigh? I want to know to see how fast I got to complete them

bobbyrae
01-13-12, 06:06 PM
This is accurate; you can complete unbuilt appliances beyond the date that we remove them from the Store. So long as you have purchased them, they won't be removed.

Thanks for answering this GM, I was getting a little worried since I have a few unbuilt fireplace ovens.

summersalt
01-13-12, 06:13 PM
I have no idea what goals are..I got on here just to figure out what these medals are for and the collectibles and how to get them. Im an android user. I figure they meant they were already taking those things away from us useless android users.

summersalt
01-13-12, 06:18 PM
Always yak yak yaking about all these things I can't even understand. Have to read through thousands of posts that make no sense to me just to figure out what they meant by "goals" dissapearing and what these ingredient things were for and how to use them. But I guess iphone users are way past these questions. I guess I should be used to this by now, even the forums are catered to iphone, ipad users.

Shamrock1963
01-13-12, 07:18 PM
Can someone please make it slightly clearer for me, are these the only two recipes that will be disappearing for ANDROID users?

Chocolate Cherry Triffle
Red Velvet Cookies

Or are there others?

We don't know for sure and the [CENSORED!] at TeamLava won't say.

nmishii
01-13-12, 08:30 PM

Chocolate Cherry Triffle
Red Velvet Cookies

Or are there others?

Yes, those are the only two recipes I received between Dec 2-30 on my Android. I did not receive any other recipes.

LRRuby
01-15-12, 05:52 AM
lets say that we exceed the 20th of jan and we havent completed ALL the goals... will we still be able to make the candy cane cake? :( its so sad cause its just goal after goal and i was so busy during christmas time i dont think ill be able to finish the goals in time :'( i was really looking forward to having the candy cane cake.... isnt there any other way of making it BESIDES having to purchurse gems to skip or pay it off?? please let me know... thanks :) xoxo

msjoannazou
01-15-12, 08:21 AM
How do I contact team lava?? Is there a number I can reach them??? I am very upset I am suppose to have 28 gems. I went to tip my neighbors and when I went back to my bakery story, it says I have 5 gems left. I did not spend 23 gems on anything. I want my 23 gems reimburse because I spent real money buying those gems. Please help.

kooky panda
01-15-12, 08:27 AM
How do I contact team lava?? Is there a number I can reach them??? I am very upset I am suppose to have 28 gems. I went to tip my neighbors and when I went back to my bakery story, it says I have 5 gems left. I did not spend 23 gems on anything. I want my 23 gems reimburse because I spent real money buying those gems. Please help.
To contact support, you will need to email support@teamlava.com. Give them you game , storm ID and when this happened. They will be able to look into your game to see what happened.

kooky panda
01-15-12, 08:29 AM
lets say that we exceed the 20th of jan and we havent completed ALL the goals... will we still be able to make the candy cane cake? :( its so sad cause its just goal after goal and i was so busy during christmas time i dont think ill be able to finish the goals in time :'( i was really looking forward to having the candy cane cake.... isnt there any other way of making it BESIDES having to purchurse gems to skip or pay it off?? please let me know... thanks :) xoxo

If you get the candy cake receipe unlocked by doing some of the goals,and also buy and place some candy cane appliances(you do not have to finish building them, just get them placed in your bakery),
you will be able to keep mastering the candy cane receipe.

ju1ianne
01-17-12, 08:32 PM
I'm only on level 3 of Chillby's quest. Which means that I need to make 30 hot chocolates, obtain 8 tabs of butter and send 8 gifts. I bought the candy cane oven already as requested in level 1 of the quest.. but I only have 3 days left! Will I still be able to complete level 4 to unlock the yule log cake and so on? Or will my candy cane oven become useless...? :(

redbites
01-17-12, 08:52 PM
I really don't know why red velvet cookies needs to be removed? Red velvet cake isn't being removed

chocohk
01-18-12, 12:01 AM
I'm only on level 3 of Chillby's quest. Which means that I need to make 30 hot chocolates, obtain 8 tabs of butter and send 8 gifts. I bought the candy cane oven already as requested in level 1 of the quest.. but I only have 3 days left! Will I still be able to complete level 4 to unlock the yule log cake and so on? Or will my candy cane oven become useless...? :(

same here! and I have been playing day and nite, the goal is never ending, feel really discouraged!

argentina718
01-18-12, 09:19 PM
does anyone know at what time the holiday goals/recipes are being removed??

nmishii
01-18-12, 09:25 PM
does anyone know at what time the holiday goals/recipes are being removed??

It was not announced what time on the 20th. To be safe, shoot for 12 am PST (GMT-8). Then anytime after that is extra time you have.

nmishii
01-18-12, 09:38 PM
Some holiday content has been extended to Feb 9

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23094-Update-on-Seasonal-Content-Removed-on-Jan-20