PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor Changes

DaojinWildfire
12-30-11, 02:20 PM
We recently made changes to the Neighbor system. The neighbors that you visit for the day will automatically be moved to the bottom of the list. This new change will allow you to distinguish which neighbors you have visited and which neighbors you have not.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

saifaslam
12-30-11, 02:22 PM
Awesome!!!!

sourlicorice2
12-30-11, 02:25 PM
Lol (sry made me laugh) thx I guess the notice about the change (after a couple dozen threads started about it) is better late than never. I think most figured it out on their own afterwards when their wasn't a notice about the change at the start.

Thx though. I love the change :-)

pinkster73
12-30-11, 02:36 PM
Wow really? We had no idea! Thanks for the announcement :p
Jk

ladyinhotpink
12-30-11, 02:41 PM
yesss! team lava u rock!

driftboutique
12-30-11, 02:42 PM
This is really helpful. Thanks guys!

ddenise
12-30-11, 04:07 PM
Thanks TL! thats really helpful

Rachael98
12-30-11, 04:15 PM
All in favour of a rise to whichever Storm8 employer thought that up?:D
Say "aye".

Aye.

Thanks, Daojin.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Merry Christmas(and a Happy New Year)!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

FrauMimi2
12-30-11, 04:28 PM
This is really helpful. Thanks guys!

No, it is not helpful. All my visited neighbours disappear to the end, also those I could not water at my first try. Now I have to scroll two different lists.
I had preferred some kind of highlight near the names of already watered farms.

Playing Farm Story on Ipod is a mess since last summer, and now it gets worse with every update on Ipad too. :(

Frau Mimi

farmer1600
12-30-11, 04:36 PM
already posted last night but it's worth commenting again: GREAT add!!

Rachael98
12-30-11, 04:44 PM
No, it is not helpful. All my visited neighbours disappear to the end, also those I could not water at my first try. Now I have to scroll two different lists.

Playing Farm Story on Ipod is a mess since last summer, and now it gets worse with every update on Ipad too. :(

Frau Mimi

Oh come on, be grateful;)! I think it's very helpful. Highlight can be something for the future...this is excellent right now, and if you water all your neighbours, you'll be able to go back over the others easily once the others are done.

It's a fabulous addition.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Friday, 30th December 2011-Happy NewYear!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

JuniperFruit
12-30-11, 04:53 PM
LOVE this! Thank you, it is so much more user friendly!!

FrauMimi2
12-30-11, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=Rachael98;199335]Oh come on, be grateful;)! I think it's very helpful.[/

Oh come on, be grateful! I do not think it's very helpful and it is my right to state my opinion. This is a discussion board.

Frau Mimi

cr4zy_eights
12-30-11, 05:30 PM

Frau Mimi

I agree, that is really stupid. Im getting ready to quit and I'm almost level 96 on everything.

pinkster73
12-30-11, 05:33 PM
I like it. It works for me because I go through my list and do one round of watering a day, then I only go back and water the ones who tell me they replanted.

fangme
12-30-11, 05:45 PM
It's useful that no need to scroll down.
But why TL not solve the existing issue about select all boxes?

Rachael98
12-30-11, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=Rachael98;199335]Oh come on, be grateful;)! I think it's very helpful.[/

Oh come on, be grateful! I do not think it's very helpful and it is my right to state my opinion. This is a discussion board.

Frau Mimi

My ";)" was there on purpose:p.

Saturday, 31st December 2011-Happy NewYear's Eve!

seastripes
12-30-11, 05:51 PM
Thanks tl, i wonder why my neighbor list is chaosvyesterday although i personally think changing the color of the name is much easier to recognize

FarmerZionLion
12-30-11, 05:59 PM
This is a great update, helps out heaps for the way i go about my watering

briguynv
12-30-11, 06:18 PM
Sorry, DO NOT like this! It COULD be good... but ONLY if they moved to the bottom of the list AFTER you have SUCCESSFULLY tipped FULLY! Otherwise, just visiting someone for a note or whatever, then them moving makes everything OUT OF ORDER and it's now a PAIN to locate someone! I've had CONVERSATIONS with people before, going back and forth... now I have to scroll around HUNTING for someone! MAJOR PAIN! Good POSSIBLE idea, but STUPID implementation! It should ONLY apply if you tip ALL 6 coins... THEN they move. And even then it should be an OPTION... so those of us that don't WANT them changing order ever wouldn't have to! It's now taking me twice as long to find people! Because they ALSO move around on the gift/request list... so everything is now all out of order! UGH! MORE HASSLE than good! It was bad enough to have to UNCHECK everyone constantly... now this makes it even WORSE!

briguynv
12-30-11, 06:27 PM
UGH! I keep track of my requests... who I ask & when, so I know WHEN & WHO I can ask again... but NOW it's almost IMPOSSIBLE because everything is SO out of order!

HATE THIS!!

pinkster73
12-30-11, 06:30 PM
UGH! I keep track of my requests... who I ask & when, so I know WHEN & WHO I can ask again... but NOW it's almost IMPOSSIBLE because everything is SO out of order!

HATE THIS!!

Maybe you need to take a break. You seem so angry all the time. I don't mean this offensively at all.

Rachael98
12-30-11, 06:34 PM

[EDIT R98]

Woah, they don't exactly randomly replace them. It just removes them to the list below. There are essentially two lists. It works fine.
I agree with Pinkster: it'd be nice if you calmed down a tad. Not meant disrespectfully, of course...just a polite request.

FrauMimi2
12-30-11, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=FrauMimi2;199367]My ";)" was there on purpose:p.

Mine was not there because there is no reason to laugh. Neither about the bunch of glitches nor about my anger about them.

Frau Mimi

trenae
12-30-11, 06:44 PM
Hey guys -

Lets keep this about the subject of the thread and not personal convos between posters, all posters are allowed to post their opinions so long as they are posting within the forum rules.

Rachael98
12-30-11, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=Rachael98;199403]

Mine was not there because there is no reason to laugh. Neither about the bunch of glitches nor about my anger about them.

Frau Mimi

I'm just trying to lighten the mood. Evidently, not wanted.

So I'll be serious: it's not a "bunch of glitches", it's a new feature, and one which I-like many others-am please about and support. You are, of course, welcome to state your opinion, as much as I am stating mine, and I am simply trying to show TL some appreciation. It's something that is generally in short supply around here.

Rachael98
12-30-11, 06:47 PM
Hey guys -

Lets keep this about the subject of the thread and not personal convos between posters, all posters are allowed to post their opinions so long as they are posting within the forum rules.

Ah, sorry, posted before I saw that:rolleyes:. Let's leave it there;).

FrauMimi2
12-30-11, 06:48 PM

Frau Mimi

Sorry about the wrong quote. In preview all looked o.k.

Frau Mimi

briguynv
12-30-11, 07:12 PM
Woah, they don't exactly randomly replace them. It just removes them to the list below. There are essentially two lists. It works fine.

It's NOT fine. Lets say I have neighbors named "Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot... etc, etc." When I send out a request to say 5 people, I mark down that I sent "Alpha -(through) Echo"... NOW I can't do that... because maybe "Bravo and Delta" are at the bottom of the list because 6 hours ago I had to visit them for some reason, so they are not getting this request without me searching, I have to hunt, it takes MUCH longer. I have to scroll back & forth constantly trying to figure out who's getting what! Same with gifting... I have to hunt for WHO is where... top, middle, bottom, etc... to send the gift I want to send them, not to mention UNchecking everyone else!! It should NOT have changed the order on the checkbox lists/pages for gifting/requests... that has NOTHING to do with visiting/tipping/watering/etc... it is much more difficult being out of order!

So it now takes TWICE to THREE times as long if not longer. So it's NOT fine!

As for taking a 'break'... yes it's sad that these games are SO frustrating lately, more work than enjoyment... but at the same time addicting too (I've actually started looking for other games, to try to wean myself off of these, because they seem to be getting more & more frustrating!) Also I can "write" as "angry" as I choose, within the rules anyway, but that doesn't mean I 'act' like that, or am like that all the time... it's done mainly to get a point across & to get their attention because they don't pay attention to 'nicey nicey' posts, they SOMETIMES pay attention to UPSET players posts, because that grabs their attention more! And TL needs to undersand that when they keep screwing things up, it's unfair and rude to their players! And as for Rachael's comment about their appreciation being in short supply... you're right, but there is a REASON for that! They use us as guinea pigs for testing to find all their bugs & issues & errors, and then many they never fix... there are SO many bugs & FLAWS that they have been aware of for a YEAR or more that they ignore and never fix them! They make things MORE difficult and less enjoyable! So yeah, it makes people upset!

They finally did ONE thing right today, changing the quest requirement of tables in RS from gems to coins... I thanked them for that, showing my appreciation, but lately it's rare they deserve that!! But THIS change makes the game HARDER for some things! At the LEAST it shouldn't change the order on the gifting/request checkbox lists... even if they leave the neighbor/visit list out of order. The checkboxes should NOT be out of order! Just because you visited someone doesn't have ANYTHING to do with gifting/requests! THAT part should not have changed at the LEAST!

Oh and if I took a 'break' I may as well not come back because they will have removed things while I am gone, making things worse. And if I took a break from the games for even a few days, I'd lose most of my neighbors! So yeah, I express my anger in the written word here when they screw things up. But sometimes I DO take a break for a few days... from the forums, because sometimes being on here makes me even more upset, to see posts sticking up for TL's errors and treating us with NO respect and NO courtesy... that raises my blood pressure! The fact is, this new 'change' does NOT help everyone, nor does it help in EVERY way... it's flawed, as are most updates lately! Seriously tho, this COULD be good, but as it is now, it's just not!

GarBear56
12-30-11, 07:15 PM
I personally like this change very much, thank you TL!

If one of my neighbors in FS is unable to be watered, I simply leave them a note to let me know when they harvest/replant.

I do not understand all of the stress this is causing some of you. This is just a game and you will not lose anything if you don't water or tip every neighbor every day. Just letting your neighbor know you stopped by and tried to water/tip should be good enough - it is for me. Chill a little bit, ok? Life is too short to let this affect you.

"Our friendship, like God's love, is a true, honest, and everlasting blessing" ❤

felicitybliss
12-30-11, 07:19 PM
I love the new neighbor list function. It has significantly reduced the time spent on visiting neighbors, which means I can pay more attention to them. I also love the auto-check feature. It has made gifting a breeze. I also adore the new goals as it significantly increased social interaction. Though, I want it for my android neighbors as this is supposed to be a cross platform social gaming experience. As soon as that is implemented, TL gets a 10 stars on a scale of 1-5. Well, I subtract 2 stars for pulling new stuff too fast.....so, it is an 8 :).

Rachael98
12-30-11, 07:20 PM

If one of my neighbors in FS is unable to be watered, I simply leave them a note to let me know when they harvest/replant.

I do not understand all of the stress this is causing some of you. This is just a game and you will not lose anything if you don't water or tip every neighbor every day. Just letting your neighbor know you stopped by and tried to water/tip should be good enough - it is for me. Chill a little bit, ok? Life is too short to let this affect you.

"Our friendship, like God's love, is a true, honest, and everlasting blessing" ❤

What more can I say? I agree with this, a lot.

driftboutique
12-30-11, 07:35 PM

Frau Mimi

You're welcome to your opinion, but please do not tell me mine is wrong.

briguynv
12-30-11, 07:42 PM
I love the new neighbor list function. It has significantly reduced the time spent on visiting neighbors, which means I can pay more attention to them. I also love the auto-check feature. It has made gifting a breeze. I also adore the new goals as it significantly increased social interaction. Though, I want it for my android neighbors as this is supposed to be a cross platform social gaming experience. As soon as that is implemented, TL gets a 10 stars on a scale of 1-5. Well, I subtract 2 stars for pulling new stuff too fast.....so, it is an 8 :).

Obviously you gift everyone the same gift then if you like that feature.... because I have to gift like 8 different things... like 2 nbrs ask for paint, 3 ask for knobs, etc... so I have to spend twenty minutes unchecking all the others over & over & over.
Same with sending requests... you don't want to send ALL your neighbors the SAME request... so if you send a request to 5-10 nbrs, you have to uncheck ALL the others. It takes four times longer! It's a nightmare!
Also, not sure how the goals increased social interaction... none of my neighbors speak to me anymore than before... they send me requests for stuff, that's it.... same as requesting parts before. Hasn't increased any social aspects for anyone I know.

My complaint with the new list has nothing to do with tipping/watering... it should ONLY apply when tipping/watering in my opinion... it should NOT change the order on the gifting/request checkbox lists... that's where it's a major pain!! I personally do not tip anyone anymore, it causes my older device to crash about every 5th nbr I tipped, so I had to quit tipping completely. So that doesn't matter to me. But I do have to visit a few for other reasons once in a while, so that moves people out of order!! And having the gifting/request list out of order is a pain! It's much harder to figure out who has gotten what. It also takes even longer to gift now because they aren't in order anymore!

And yes, it is a GAME... meaning it should be enjoyable... but it's now more WORK, it takes SO long to gift now between unchecking and being out of order, it makes the game WORK instead of FUN! You actually made my point... the game should NOT be stressful, but the changes they made to gifting, checkboxes and now the order change does make it stressful!

felicitybliss
12-30-11, 07:51 PM
Obviously you gift everyone the same gift then if you like that feature.... because I have to gift like 8 different things... like 2 nbrs ask for paint, 3 ask for knobs, etc... so I have to spend twenty minutes unchecking all the others over & over & over.
Same with sending requests... you don't want to send ALL your neighbors the SAME request... so if you send a request to 5-10 nbrs, you have to uncheck ALL the others. It takes four times longer! It's a nightmare!
Also, not sure how the goals increased social interaction... none of my neighbors speak to me anymore than before... they send me requests for stuff, that's it.... same as requesting parts before. Hasn't increased any social aspects for anyone I know.!

Umm, making assumptions is a very dangerous thing. Typically, it turns out to be very wrong......

First, I send out different gifts to different neighbors. My neighbors are divided in one groups so that I gift small bunches of neighbors at different points of the day that fit into my very busy daily schedule.

Second, I have had very little social interaction within the game since I first started playing in spring 2011. Since the goals started, I have had numerous conversations with neighbors. I now receive the maximum gifts and my neighbor visits are dramatically increased. I am sure many others are having the same experience as me.

felicitybliss
12-30-11, 07:53 PM
Sorry typo, *one is supposed to be small groups....my neighbors are divided into small gifting groups according to their requests...

Rachael98
12-30-11, 07:54 PM
Umm, making assumptions is a very dangerous thing. Typically, it turns out to be very wrong......

First, I send out different gifts to different neighbors. My neighbors are divided in one groups so that I gift small bunches of neighbors at different points of the day that fit into my very busy daily schedule.

Second, I have had very little social interaction within the game since I first started playing in spring 2011. Since the goals started, I have had numerous conversations with neighbors. I now receive the maximum gifts and my neighbor visits are dramatically increased. I am sure many others are having the same experience as me.

My gifting has changed, and if it weren't for the fact that time constraints limit me more now, I would indeed be having more social interaction.

GarBear56
12-30-11, 08:00 PM
In FS, I will only gift the dog bowls. It was way too much of a hassle to try to remember what each neighbor wants. With the dog bowls, my neighbor can sell them for $400 and buy what they want. Since I do not play any of the other TL games, I do not know the gift structure.

Peace, love, and tranquility! Happy (almost) New Year my FS friends!

GrampaBear

Rachael98
12-30-11, 08:05 PM
In FS, I will only gift the dog bowls. It was way too much of a hassle to try to remember what each neighbor wants. With the dog bowls, my neighbor can sell them for $400 and buy what they want. Since I do not play any of the other TL games, I do not know the gift structure.

Peace, love, and tranquility! Happy (almost) New Year my FS friends!

GrampaBear

It's all based on a fairly similar structure to that;).

Happy New Year's Eve

briguynv
12-30-11, 08:07 PM

So if you gift different people different things, you now have to spend twice as long UNchecking all the other people... NUMEROUS TIMES! If you have 4-5 different gift groups, that's 4-5 times you have to uncheck ALL the other people that aren't getting that specific gift. How can anyone "like" that?? It used to take me anywhere from 5-10 minutes at most to gift every neighbor in one game, usually 40-60 people... now it takes me 20-30 minutes for the same groups, because of all the unchecking. And I know people who have 200+ nbrs... that would take forever to uncheck ALL those people all the time, heck I wouldn't do it! Totally useless & a major waste of time! We could have a "check all" feature so if we WANT to send a gift/request to all, we can... but I've NEVER had that desire since I started playing. This makes the game much more time consuming, that's a simple fact that most people can corroborate!

As for social interaction... I'm glad yours increased... mine has stayed the same, and like others, since many tasks take longer now, their social interaction has dropped because they already spend too much time doing the tasks as it is.

briguynv
12-30-11, 08:10 PM
It's all based on a fairly similar structure to that;).

How are the other games similar? I can't "sell" the gifts that people give me to buy what I want! I can't sell a knob and buy a motor... I can't sell ONE plate of brownies in order to 'buy' cappuccino or a part that I need, like in a store. I would say BS & RS at least are nothing like FS as far as gifting. I wish I could just have everyone send me one gift, and I could then sell it and buy what I needed.

Sorry, but that's not similar at all to me.

Rachael98
12-30-11, 08:12 PM
How are the other games similar? I can't "sell" the gifts that people give me to buy what I want! I can't sell a knob and buy a motor... I can't sell ONE plate of brownies in order to 'buy' cappuccino or a part that I need, like in a store. I would say BS & RS at least are nothing like FS as far as gifting. I wish I could just have everyone send me one gift, and I could then sell it and buy what I needed.

Sorry, but that's not similar at all to me.

Like in Farm, Constructable part can be gifted.
Like in Farm, each other item has a value. It can be used in some way, sometimes to generate money. With money, you can buy things.

Works the same way.

felicitybliss
12-30-11, 08:25 PM
So if you gift different people different things, you now have to spend twice as long UNchecking all the other people... NUMEROUS TIMES! If you have 4-5 different gift groups, that's 4-5 times you have to uncheck ALL the other people that aren't getting that specific gift. How can anyone "like" that?? It used to take me anywhere from 5-10 minutes at most to gift every neighbor in one game, usually 40-60 people... now it takes me 20-30 minutes for the same groups, because of all the unchecking. And I know people who have 200+ nbrs... that would take forever to uncheck ALL those people all the time, heck I wouldn't do it! Totally useless & a major waste of time! We could have a "check all" feature so if we WANT to send a gift/request to all, we can... but I've NEVER had that desire since I started playing. This makes the game much more time consuming, that's a simple fact that most people can corroborate!

As for social interaction... I'm glad yours increased... mine has stayed the same, and like others, since many tasks take longer now, their social interaction has dropped because they already spend too much time doing the tasks as it is.

No, I rarely have to uncheck to gift (only for neighbors who are maxed gift for the day-- though that happens rarely for my neighbors). I have them timed. As I get up at 0500, I have a group of about 10 that want knobs that appear available for gifting at that time. No other neighbors show up as available to gift at that time. As I have a break about 0900, I have another small group of neighbors that want motors. Only those neighbors are available to gift at that time. This continues throughout my day. When a neighbor requests something different, then I usually have to skip their gift one day so they get into the right gifting group.......

The new system has significantly reduced my time spent on these tasks. I am able to spend much more time tipping. With the new neighbor list function, that is much easier for me since I can only tip a few at a time. Now, the neighbor I need to tip is at the top. There is much less time spent on scrolling.

I feel the new changes quite useful, more time efficient, and allow me to organize to maximize my gameplay.

TimeForACuppaTea
12-30-11, 08:31 PM
Rachel you can't sell parts in Farm or in any other game. If you don't get want you want (parts) you can't do anything with it.

I completely agree with everything briguynv has been saying. I also don't like it. I get the idea behind it. It would have worked better several months ago before the "build stuff" feature was put into place. But now with everyone wanting various parts for the various items they are building it's not a good system for what we are dealing with now. This was implemented too late.

Would have been fine before when I was sending dog bowls to everyone in Farm, or shoes to everyone in Fashion, or Cappuccino or stew to everyone in Bakery or Restaurant. But now everyone is desperate to get exactly what they need to build whatever. Gifting/requesting is a nightmare honestly and this new system just adds to the chaos.

MIGHT work ok when watering/tipping/liking/etc. But with gifting/requesting it doesn't work. Makes it even more difficult than it has already become. It's hard enough to keep track of who wants what, but now with my list of nbrs in the wrong order it's even more of a challenge to know who gets what, or who've I've asked for what item.

I was sending out requests earlier today and only needed 2 to 4 or various items for quests. I sent out requests to 4-6 people at a time. Had to uncheck everyone elses name and just send to those people. Some went through and some didn't so had to do it again with the next group of 4-6. I realized about half way through that I'd sent requests to some of the same people twice because they had moved down the list as I was working down my list. So I finally just send a mas request to everyone in my list thinking it might catch a couple people. To my surprise it got sent to about 20 people. A whole lot more than I expected. So clearly things weren't working like expected. And I only needed 5 of that particular item. I had other items I wanted to send requests out for but now I couldn't. Such a major pain.

Why must everything in these games be made more and more frustrating. I've been playing these games for over 2 years. I wish they would just go back to they way they used to be. Team Lava you're trying too hard, putting in too many features. Just want my nice relaxing games back again.

twil555
12-30-11, 09:05 PM
Yes, I've noticed the change, & since then, I cannot visit neighbors without the game crashing right afterwards. Everytime TeamLava has made a so-called change for the better, the game stops working properly. Just leave it alone and please fix the already existing problems. When I started this game at the beginning of the year, everything worked fine, but with each update it just got worse and worse. I would just like to enjoy this game again.

pinkster73
12-30-11, 09:24 PM
No, I rarely have to uncheck to gift (only for neighbors who are maxed gift for the day-- though that happens rarely for my neighbors). I have them timed. As I get up at 0500, I have a group of about 10 that want knobs that appear available for gifting at that time. No other neighbors show up as available to gift at that time. As I have a break about 0900, I have another small group of neighbors that want motors. Only those neighbors are available to gift at that time. This continues throughout my day. When a neighbor requests something different, then I usually have to skip their gift one day so they get into the right gifting group.......

The new system has significantly reduced my time spent on these tasks. I am able to spend much more time tipping. With the new neighbor list function, that is much easier for me since I can only tip a few at a time. Now, the neighbor I need to tip is at the top. There is much less time spent on scrolling.

I feel the new changes quite useful, more time efficient, and allow me to organize to maximize my gameplay.

I am impressed with how efficient you are

ultrafrog
12-30-11, 09:25 PM
The reason why the changes are implemented the way they are is because of sheer laziness.

The changes are well intentioned, but the solutions are basically hacks that show very very little regard for user interface design.

For example, players did ask for an option to check all neighbors when gifting so they didn't have to check each one individually.

So what does TL do? Instead of modifying the interface to add a "check all" checkbox, they simply set the default to have every neighbor checked.

Why? Because the art and user interface would have to be modified if it was done correctly. The hack is to just set every checkbox checked by default.

Now look at this latest change.

Instead of modifying the user interface in a useful way like having a "visited" checkbox next to each neighbor or a number showing how many tips you can place, they went for the "easy" route and implemented some hack to reorder the neighbor list.

Again, little regard is shown to the player as they were left wondering what exactly happened to the order of the neighbors. They didn't create 2 separate lists to show which had been visited because ... that would require reworking the user interface and updating some art.

I wish TL would put a little more care and pride into their games and do things the proper way instead of taking easy shortcuts that leave players frustrated and confused.

driftboutique
12-30-11, 09:42 PM
The reason why the changes are implemented the way they are is because of sheer laziness.

The changes are well intentioned, but the solutions are basically hacks that show very very little regard for user interface design.

For example, players did ask for an option to check all neighbors when gifting so they didn't have to check each one individually.

So what does TL do? Instead of modifying the interface to add a "check all" checkbox, they simply set the default to have every neighbor checked.

Why? Because the art and user interface would have to be modified if it was done correctly. The hack is to just set every checkbox checked by default.

Now look at this latest change.

Instead of modifying the user interface in a useful way like having a "visited" checkbox next to each neighbor or a number showing how many tips you can place, they went for the "easy" route and implemented some hack to reorder the neighbor list.

Again, little regard is shown to the player as they were left wondering what exactly happened to the order of the neighbors. They didn't create 2 separate lists to show which had been visited because ... that would require reworking the user interface and updating some art.

I wish TL would put a little more care and pride into their games and do things the proper way instead of taking easy shortcuts that leave players frustrated and confused.

Although I am pleased with the change that was made, I do agree with every point you made here.

pinkster73
12-30-11, 09:46 PM
Although I am pleased with the change that was made, I do agree with every point you made here.

I second this seconding

MoonAndRew
12-31-11, 12:10 AM
Hmmm. I personally love the new Neighbour list design, and I am going to be grateful to TL about this. I believe some of us do tip from the wall. after I tip the wall neighbors, I go to the list. Now this has saved me so much time. I use to take 1 hour and half just tipping from list ( not from wall) one by one, 2 months ago, I take 1 hour 30 mins for 90 neighbors. It's the truth. Don't laugh. Because I tip with my poem and every single Neighbour gets a visit from me everyday.

AFTER this new design, I take only 30 mins, and the remaining 1 hour, is wasted on gifting unchecking the other 80 over neighbors who do not want that part, and after that! Guess what, max gift!! Hoho, I felt my face frowning each time I see that... . Lol.... So... Conclusion... It still do not save us much time lol. (if we are the types that individually do mate's wish list.)

However, all in all, all being said, I still prefer what TL is doing for us.

I play other similar games like zombie cafe and etc. If you guys have time, take a look at game wave. I personally play those 2 games animal bakery and zombie restaurant... I am not going to be promoting for you to really indulge into that 2 games, just try and you will know what I mean, and you will start appreciating TL. Although they have this "flawless" tipping system which allows u to just tip and run, no tables or tables, and all tips collected are in a "bottle", the user just has to click the bottle and all tips are collected. And the Neighbour list is also already, automatically brought forward when visited. Both games have in app purchases. Both honestly, TL games are so much better managed. ( I lost so much progress from these games because their servers just do not catch our input for the stoves.)

I am not singing TL praises all the time, but if it is good change. I will say its good. And I say, really, this change benefits at the moment, but not gifting.

briguynv
12-31-11, 01:15 AM
So now I'm wondering... does this actually work for people anyway, I mean really work? I understood the point of this is if you are going through your list tipping/watering/whatever... this new thing is supposed to prevent us from scrolling constantly right? So does that actually work for people? Not for me. I decided that since I needed to leave a message on a few ppl's walls, I would visit every neighbor, to get it back in order on my new device that doesn't crash like my old one... and I could literally visit 4-6 nbrs, with enough time to tip and/or leave a message and STILL have to scroll before they finally dropped to the bottom... it was at LEAST 2-3 minutes or more each time for every group of 4-6 neighbors. That to me doesn't seem like a massive improvement. I still had to scroll quite a bit to get to the 3rd-6th person... then they would disappear and the list would move up... then the next 4-6 nbrs, and again 2-3 mins later they would finally move up. It certainly doesn't happen instantly, which is the only thing that would really help me.
So I thought "hmm, maybe I need to reinstall AGAIN, even though I've done that too many times to count the last month"... so I did... still that lag.

So especially for those that like this new thing... does yours actually work? Do you visit nbr "A", tip/water/whatever... then go back to the list, and now nbr "B" is on top of the list? Because for me, it doesn't reset until after I'm already done with neighbor "D-F"... so I've still had to scroll thru every time.

And again, it still doesn't help at ALL on the gifting/request page... and I can't imagine finding ANYONE who says it's a "plus" or a "help" having those pages do that. I can understand the tipping/watering portion, IF it worked right... but not the gifting/request pages... those make NO sense to re-order, they have NOTHING to do with visiting!

mimidori
12-31-11, 01:46 AM
So now I'm wondering... does this actually work for people anyway, I mean really work?

Mine is exactly like yours, it needs some time to refresh. Sometimes it is instant, sometimes it takes around 1-2 minutes, and I do have to scroll a little bit. I don't know whether I like this, I have too many neighbours and I'm not sure I want those that I visit often always at the bottom.

briguynv
12-31-11, 01:46 AM

Oh wow, you are really lucky... I have tried time & time again to gift the same person at the same time every day... but because their other neighbors are gifting at odd times, they are maxed out most of the time I try. I wish it were as easy as you do it... I play on two devices, and sometimes I have trouble gifting myself, because other people have gifted within that 24 hour period and maxed me out for that time, so I have to try again later. So you are super lucky to be able to gift at the same time every single day and have them go through!! I can only dream of that... well it used to work that way, before they changed the gifting 24hour reset... now it's a nightmare! The checkboxes made it even harder! And adding this re-order just made it worse! So sorry... still don't like it, at least not on the gifting/request pages!

Lee_7
12-31-11, 02:11 AM
All that unchecking is so time consuming that I had a huge neighbor clear out. Helped a little but it's far from an ideal solution 😞

cupcakes4cece
12-31-11, 02:24 AM
This feature is working great for me. It's the bet new feature that's been added since I started playing the games.

I don't bother going back to neighbors I couldn't tip. Why? So they miss getting tips from me that day. I'm sure their game doesn't depend on my tip.

Going through my neighbor list now is a breeze, takes only a few minutes.

The way I gift is pretty simple compared to some of you. I get in the game, check my wall and gift anyone who asked for something. Then I visit my neighbors and check the last couple of posts on their wall after I post, in case they wrote something. Then I gift everybody else some random material. That's as complicated as I want to make a silly game.

It would be nice if something was done to show which neighbors could not be tipped, but I don't want them staying on top, either. That would mean having to scroll past them, and I'm SO HAPPY to be be free from scrolling!

somia786
12-31-11, 05:42 AM
Awesome lolz i dint even now tha thanx u rock

LCAHEARTS
12-31-11, 08:49 AM
That's as complicated as I want to make a silly game.

As addicting as the games can be, and as a long time player......that's pretty much how I roll too. I get into my game, attempt liking/gifting all my neighbors [plus visiting news feed people] and move on with my life/other aspects of the game. I don't dwell on those that were full/unable to receive a gift. The way I see it, my star rating tells you if I visit or not...and for those neighbors who are almost always full, they tend to get my gifts. Either way, it works for me. I'm loving the new system and have been lucky enough to not have any refreshing annoyances.

On the flip side, I totally understand the frustrations of those who go the extra mile...

Amesko
12-31-11, 09:24 AM
Thanks! I like that change:))

pinkster73
12-31-11, 10:29 AM
So now I'm wondering... does this actually work for people anyway, I mean really work? I understood the point of this is if you are going through your list tipping/watering/whatever... this new thing is supposed to prevent us from scrolling constantly right? So does that actually work for people? Not for me. I decided that since I needed to leave a message on a few ppl's walls, I would visit every neighbor, to get it back in order on my new device that doesn't crash like my old one... and I could literally visit 4-6 nbrs, with enough time to tip and/or leave a message and STILL have to scroll before they finally dropped to the bottom... it was at LEAST 2-3 minutes or more each time for every group of 4-6 neighbors. That to me doesn't seem like a massive improvement. I still had to scroll quite a bit to get to the 3rd-6th person... then they would disappear and the list would move up... then the next 4-6 nbrs, and again 2-3 mins later they would finally move up. It certainly doesn't happen instantly, which is the only thing that would really help me.
So I thought "hmm, maybe I need to reinstall AGAIN, even though I've done that too many times to count the last month"... so I did... still that lag.

So especially for those that like this new thing... does yours actually work? Do you visit nbr "A", tip/water/whatever... then go back to the list, and now nbr "B" is on top of the list? Because for me, it doesn't reset until after I'm already done with neighbor "D-F"... so I've still had to scroll thru every time.

And again, it still doesn't help at ALL on the gifting/request page... and I can't imagine finding ANYONE who says it's a "plus" or a "help" having those pages do that. I can understand the tipping/watering portion, IF it worked right... but not the gifting/request pages... those make NO sense to re-order, they have NOTHING to do with visiting!

I was never able to get back to my list before I had to scroll. I had to scroll after every single one. Maybe it was an Android thing?

LCAHEARTS
12-31-11, 10:41 AM
I was never able to get back to my list before I had to scroll. I had to scroll after every single one. Maybe it was an Android thing?

I'm on iOS, for me it always depended on how quickly I got back to the list. If it took me more than like 10 seconds visiting a neighbor [say, they were not full so it took me longer since I actually "like" items that I actually like in reality LOL]...I'd go back to the list and I had to scroll. But if it took me like a few seconds and went to the list, it'd be right where I left it.

pinkster73
12-31-11, 10:45 AM
I'm on iOS, for me it always depended on how quickly I got back to the list. If it took me more than like 10 seconds visiting a neighbor [say, they were not full so it took me longer since I actually "like" items that I actually like in reality LOL]...I'd go back to the list and I had to scroll. But if it took me like a few seconds and went to the list, it'd be right where I left it.

Oh I would have liked that. I had zero seconds to come back ha ha

bakerbelle
12-31-11, 06:43 PM
I like it. It works for me because I go through my list and do one round of watering a day, then I only go back and water the ones who tell me they replanted.

This new feature has saved me tons of time (I use Pinkster's same strategy). I just love not having to scroll... REALLY love not scrolling. The rest I will get used to. I think the solution was a direct response to many complaints/requests and I'm very pleased with it. I also don't know anything about programming, so it's hard to imagine the work that would have to go into solving the "tipping issue" in another way.

Maaaybe.. the programmers are worried that if they fix everything right now, they won't have any more work to do so they would all lose their jobs! Soooo, they spread out the fixes gradually over time so they can have job security. Right? I'm right, am I not? :-)

deparadize
12-31-11, 07:53 PM
Awesome! I love this because it makes it so much easier to visit your neighbors and keep them straight! Thanks!

dmarie1623
12-31-11, 11:19 PM
I don't comment often, but thanks for this. It's so much easier to tip neighbors.

flyby428
01-01-12, 03:02 AM
HOW GREAT !!! i really want this system THNX !!!!!!!

donnabean
01-02-12, 11:02 AM
Very good much better

papamel
01-02-12, 12:54 PM
great idea, was having trouble keeping track

Eldin
01-04-12, 12:12 PM
Perfect update.

/Eldin

bobbyrae
01-04-12, 01:32 PM
Boy...damned if you do, damned if you don't, eh guys?

I love this change. Life is soooooo much easier. If i visit a neighbour & he/she is full then i move on to the nxt one. I don't know who has time to sit & keep tack of who has tipped/ watered/liked them each day. If a neighbour doesn't get tipped by me one day, i'm sure it's not the end of the world for either of us. If they're clear when i go back the next day then they get tipped.

lexis73
01-04-12, 02:52 PM
i loooove it!!!!!!!! :d

LCAHEARTS
01-04-12, 06:10 PM
Boy...damned if you do, damned if you don't, eh guys?

I love this change. Life is soooooo much easier. If i visit a neighbour & he/she is full then i move on to the nxt one. I don't know who has time to sit & keep tack of who has tipped/ watered/liked them each day. If a neighbour doesn't get tipped by me one day, i'm sure it's not the end of the world for either of us. If they're clear when i go back the next day then they get tipped.

*bows down* That's what I've been saying. Your intro had me at hello. Lol :)

meeezz
01-04-12, 08:39 PM
This is a very good system... save all the scrolling... thanks TL!

pastrychef17
01-05-12, 03:15 PM
I always tip back any neighbor who tips me and I tip and gift back anyone who sends me a gift. I also proactively tip and gift my neighbors who I know always reciprocate. What I really like about this feature is it'll let me really see who's not active and never gifts or tips because they'll constantly be at the top of the list because I've had no reason to visit them because they've never interacted with me to tip, gift or write on my wall. This'll help cut down on my inactive neighbors.

(sorry, not adding any neighbors at this time)

pinkster73
01-05-12, 03:29 PM
I always tip back any neighbor who tips me and I tip and gift back anyone who sends me a gift. I also proactively tip and gift my neighbors who I know always reciprocate. What I really like about this feature is it'll let me really see who's not active and never gifts or tips because they'll constantly be at the top of the list because I've had no reason to visit them because they've never interacted with me to tip, gift or write on my wall. This'll help cut down on my inactive neighbors.

(sorry, not adding any neighbors at this time)

Add me

I'm just kidding. Poking fun at the people who post "add me" on top of messages saying "not adding new neighbors, sorry".

Bogiefurret
01-05-12, 03:53 PM
I love not having to scroll down the neighbor list to visit. I am android so I don't have the auto check for gifting. Don't want it either. Thank you Team lava for this. I do have auto checking in CS & Rs that checks the nbr I am currently visiting. I pick the gift and the neighbor is already checked. I just hit the send button this time saving. I understand auto checking . all neighbors could be a nightmare in rs and bs. I am so sorry.

pastrychef17
01-05-12, 04:05 PM
Add me

I'm just kidding. Poking fun at the people who post "add me" on top of messages saying "not adding new neighbors, sorry".

LOL, you're not kidding! I used to have a message on my wall that I'm not adding new neighbors and people would still post "add me" messages. I finally deleted it because it was only irritating me that they couldn't read :), especially the people who would post directly above my post that says I'm not adding neighbors. Now I just delete their messages. I can't add a signature to my posts on this board so I'm manually adding the tag line after each of my posts (when I remember to) because I get multiple invites daily from people who must get my storm ID from the board and I have to decline them.

(sorry, not adding any neighbors at this time....really)

snoopy10
01-05-12, 04:28 PM
Wow, brilliant idea!!!

pinkster73
01-05-12, 04:58 PM
LOL, you're not kidding! I used to have a message on my wall that I'm not adding new neighbors and people would still post "add me" messages. I finally deleted it because it was only irritating me that they couldn't read :), especially the people who would post directly above my post that says I'm not adding neighbors. Now I just delete their messages. I can't add a signature to my posts on this board so I'm manually adding the tag line after each of my posts (when I remember to) because I get multiple invites daily from people who must get my storm ID from the board and I have to decline them.

(sorry, not adding any neighbors at this time....really)

I did and do the same thing.
Ps not adding neighbors either :)

viviansmo
01-05-12, 08:12 PM
I usually only ask people to be my neighbors if we've watered back and forth consistently for at least a week. I make exceptions, of course. ;)

briguynv
01-06-12, 07:29 PM
I still say though that the order should NOT change on the gifting/request page. Those have nothing to do with visiting/tipping... just because I visit someone for any reason, that shouldn't change the order when I go to make a request, or send gifts out! That makes NO sense to me that those pages are now two separate lists! When I want to send a specific gift to someone starting with D... I should be able to just scroll to that D... not have to scroll down looking for the second set of D's, or whatever letter I'm looking for!
For those that tip, maybe this works great for you on that list... but I can't see how it adds anything for anyone on the gifting/request pages!

nmishii
01-06-12, 07:43 PM
I still say though that the order should NOT change on the gifting/request page. Those have nothing to do with visiting/tipping... just because I visit someone for any reason, that shouldn't change the order when I go to make a request, or send gifts out! That makes NO sense to me that those pages are now two separate lists! When I want to send a specific gift to someone starting with D... I should be able to just scroll to that D... not have to scroll down looking for the second set of D's, or whatever letter I'm looking for!
For those that tip, maybe this works great for you on that list... but I can't see how it adds anything for anyone on the gifting/request pages!

I agree. I prefer a single alphabetical list for gifting. I haven't requested parts yet and typically request the same part from all neighbors, but that should be alphabetical also.

cappa8
01-07-12, 08:05 AM
Thank you for this great start. I would like for a tip button and an abc feature for getting to my neighbors.

linny001
01-07-12, 09:25 AM
I agree. I prefer a single alphabetical list for gifting. I haven't requested parts yet and typically request the same part from all neighbors, but that should be alphabetical also.

I also agree...very time consuming and frustrating!!

quentinsmommy
01-07-12, 06:59 PM
I think the new neighbor system is quite convienient. :) Now if only we had an option to delete pending invites.....*wink wink*

tones22
01-08-12, 06:28 AM
This is the best of all the changes you have made lately.

We recently made changes to the Neighbor system. The neighbors that you visit for the day will automatically be moved to the bottom of the list. This new change will allow you to distinguish which neighbors you have visited and which neighbors you have not.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

jimbobbillyray
01-09-12, 01:33 AM
Of all the changes lately this has been my favorite. I water from my wall first which usually includes several of my neighbors. Now when I move to my neighbors list to water I don't have to stop to think whether or not I've visited them yet for the day because their name has been rotated out to the bottom list. If they were full then they really didn't need my water and if the need it later then they will let me know.

Rachael98
01-09-12, 01:59 AM
Of all the changes lately this has been my favorite. I water from my wall first which usually includes several of my neighbors. Now when I move to my neighbors list to water I don't have to stop to think whether or not I've visited them yet for the day because their name has been rotated out to the bottom list. If they were full then they really didn't need my water and if the need it later then they will let me know.

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about that. :)

sterlingempire
01-09-12, 05:23 AM
It's NOT fine. Lets say I have neighbors named "Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot... etc, etc." When I send out a request to say 5 people, I mark down that I sent "Alpha -(through) Echo"... NOW I can't do that... because maybe "Bravo and Delta" are at the bottom of the list because 6 hours ago I had to visit them for some reason, so they are not getting this request without me searching, I have to hunt, it takes MUCH longer. I have to scroll back & forth constantly trying to figure out who's getting what! Same with gifting... I have to hunt for WHO is where... top, middle, bottom, etc... to send the gift I want to send them, not to mention UNchecking everyone else!! It should NOT have changed the order on the checkbox lists/pages for gifting/requests... that has NOTHING to do with visiting/tipping/watering/etc... it is much more difficult being out of order!

So it now takes TWICE to THREE times as long if not longer. So it's NOT fine!

As for taking a 'break'... yes it's sad that these games are SO frustrating lately, more work than enjoyment... but at the same time addicting too (I've actually started looking for other games, to try to wean myself off of these, because they seem to be getting more & more frustrating!) Also I can "write" as "angry" as I choose, within the rules anyway, but that doesn't mean I 'act' like that, or am like that all the time... it's done mainly to get a point across & to get their attention because they don't pay attention to 'nicey nicey' posts, they SOMETIMES pay attention to UPSET players posts, because that grabs their attention more! And TL needs to undersand that when they keep screwing things up, it's unfair and rude to their players! And as for Rachael's comment about their appreciation being in short supply... you're right, but there is a REASON for that! They use us as guinea pigs for testing to find all their bugs & issues & errors, and then many they never fix... there are SO many bugs & FLAWS that they have been aware of for a YEAR or more that they ignore and never fix them! They make things MORE difficult and less enjoyable! So yeah, it makes people upset!

They finally did ONE thing right today, changing the quest requirement of tables in RS from gems to coins... I thanked them for that, showing my appreciation, but lately it's rare they deserve that!! But THIS change makes the game HARDER for some things! At the LEAST it shouldn't change the order on the gifting/request checkbox lists... even if they leave the neighbor/visit list out of order. The checkboxes should NOT be out of order! Just because you visited someone doesn't have ANYTHING to do with gifting/requests! THAT part should not have changed at the LEAST!

Oh and if I took a 'break' I may as well not come back because they will have removed things while I am gone, making things worse. And if I took a break from the games for even a few days, I'd lose most of my neighbors! So yeah, I express my anger in the written word here when they screw things up. But sometimes I DO take a break for a few days... from the forums, because sometimes being on here makes me even more upset, to see posts sticking up for TL's errors and treating us with NO respect and NO courtesy... that raises my blood pressure! The fact is, this new 'change' does NOT help everyone, nor does it help in EVERY way... it's flawed, as are most updates lately! Seriously tho, this COULD be good, but as it is now, it's just not!

Also, not sure how the goals increased social interaction... none of my neighbors speak to me anymore than before... they send me requests for stuff, that's it.... same as requesting parts before. Hasn't increased any social aspects for anyone I know.

My complaint with the new list has nothing to do with tipping/watering... it should ONLY apply when tipping/watering in my opinion... it should NOT change the order on the gifting/request checkbox lists... that's where it's a major pain!! I personally do not tip anyone anymore, it causes my older device to crash about every 5th nbr I tipped, so I had to quit tipping completely. So that doesn't matter to me. But I do have to visit a few for other reasons once in a while, so that moves people out of order!! And having the gifting/request list out of order is a pain! It's much harder to figure out who has gotten what. It also takes even longer to gift now because they aren't in order anymore!

And yes, it is a GAME... meaning it should be enjoyable... but it's now more WORK, it takes SO long to gift now between unchecking and being out of order, it makes the game WORK instead of FUN! You actually made my point... the game should NOT be stressful, but the changes they made to gifting, checkboxes and now the order change does make it stressful!

Honestly... you are taking this game wayyy to seriously.

Try stating your opinion calmly, then maybe people will start listening to you. A game shouldnt cause so much... rage.

kathreg
01-09-12, 08:14 AM
This is one of the best updates ever! Now if we toggle between 'check all' and 'uncheck all' for gifting, a lot of people would be very happy!

kathreg
01-09-12, 08:16 AM

Do you not tip?

Christiana12345
01-17-13, 11:25 PM
Thx! Saves me time. :o

jellypie200
03-17-13, 06:40 AM
I am happy that you have made that change team lava now I can keep track of it