PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a happier community.

cspheregreen
06-07-10, 10:19 AM
Hello fellowThis is my first post here, so allow me to introduce myself. I am a level 15 farmer & avid MMORPG/RPG/FPS gamer & my Storm8ID is "cspheregreen" so give me a neighbor invite if you like my suggestions!

Suggestions:

1) Exponential Plowing Brush (much like in SimCity - plow 1 square at a time, or 4, or 9, or 16, etc.) accessible by enhancement called "Purchase Farmhand"

2) Exponential Planting Brush (same as #1)

2b) ...or, option to "Plant selected crop on all plowed plots"

3) Option to "Harvest all of selected crop"

4) This should reall be number 1, but... LET US EARN GEMS, I don't care if they are 100k a piece, but spending real money is not an option for some people. I'm sure you could create some gaudy/opulent "gem only" items in which the players fortunate enough to be able to spend their real money on this could indulge. I understand that developers need funding, but there are better ways than to paint the whole community into a corner.

5) The items requiring RL cash should be effective, desirable, and NOT ESSENTIAL; but if they are, then also have an option to earn the items through gameplay. (People will still spend their real money on buying gems, out of impatience, & the existing players will enjoy the game more, have more of a challenge and incentive, and they will stick around longer.)

6) The return one gains by owning livestock & poultry (and trees), rather than crops, needs to be brought up to par. As it is, there is decorative potential with trees & animals, but I can't enjoy that part of the game unless I sacrifice a very large percentage of my income by getting rid of crops.

7) In comments / profile, the player names which link to the player's farm, should in my opinion, bring up a small list of options when tapped. (Copy Storm8 ID; View Player's Farm; Invite as Neighbor)

8) After achieving 15x15 farm size, one would have the opportunity to do 2 new things: Name their existing 15x15 farm, and also "buy land" which would allow the player to create a fresh 10x10 farm, which could also be named, alongside their existing one for a steep price (maybe 500k). Then, upon opening the game, one would see their "property" or "acreage" which would be a set or list of properties owned. Players could have 1 for their house & barn, 1 for crops, 1 for trees, 1 for cattle, etc.

I hope the community enjoys my input thus far. Everyone have a wonderful afternoon! :D

Unregistered
06-07-10, 01:32 PM
I take it there is no way other than using real cash to obtain more gems. Is that right?

Unregistered
06-07-10, 01:36 PM
...pretty much, unfortunately.

Unregistered
06-07-10, 01:41 PM
I love your ideas cspheregreen!

Unregistered
06-07-10, 10:30 PM
I agree with these ideas. I would also like to be able to look up different players. I did just get 10 free gems by downloading a free game. This was a pop up option on fa story. I wish they would let u get so many free gems upon reaching different levels.

Unregistered
06-07-10, 11:01 PM
Yes, I would like to be able to save names of farms/farmers and look them up later. Not only to water but to see what they are doing, or to write them a note and/or ask them a question.
You know, trade some farming tips.

cspheregreen
06-08-10, 07:16 AM
@#5: I have heard a couple times of people getting gems from popup offers. I received an offer like that one in a game called "Zombie Farm" asking me to download "iMobsters" but I havn't had an opportunity with Farm Story. :(

What do you guys think of ideas 1, 2, and 3? I wonder if suggesting being able to plant 2, 4, 9(etc) farms at a time is pushing it, but I have corrective hardware surgically fixed in my wrist & it becomes bothered & starts throbbing after playing for awhile.(all the taps)

One may harvest strawberries every 5 minutes so lets assume on a 15x15 farm, which has 255 squares that harvesting, plowing, & replanting takes 5 minutes in itself, making 10 minutes per cycle & 6 cycles in an hour.

255 x 3 (harvesting, plowing, planting) = 765 (taps per cycle) x 6 (cycles in an hour) = 4590 (taps per hour)

Lol

swati
06-10-10, 06:26 PM
I got gems in farm story once for downloading a game.. haven't had it again though

Unregistered
06-11-10, 07:44 PM
Seven is a great idea. Some peoples Storm8ID's are so long and convoluted I will never invite them as a neighbour as by the time I get back to my invite neighbor page, I can't remember their name!

Unregistered
07-12-10, 10:48 AM
i do not like the idea of having multiple farms. I would like to have one farm forever, only with the option to make it bigger - and not only the square...

Unregistered
07-12-10, 12:09 PM
All the new storm8 games give you gems in farmstory.

I already got some for installing Zombie, the new imobster, the one with the car race, the one with the conquistadores, the one with the aquarium...

A bit limiting though I agree.

I also agree that the threes and cattle do not give enough, specially in terms of experience. You only get it once for animals, and also for trees unless you get watered.