PDA

View Full Version : Oh my gosh! Please tell me I'm not dreaming this! Visiting neighbors is EASY!

cupcakes4cece
12-29-11, 06:01 PM
You guys, I'm visiting my neighbors and the ones I've visited are going to the bottom of the neighbors list! Oh my freaking gosh! This is the best thing ever and I'm terrified that I'm dreaming this up or something! This makes visiting neighbors such a breeze! It's unbelievable!

Please don't make this go away. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a bug, but is an actual new feature.

Rachael98
12-29-11, 06:04 PM
Oh my goodness! I must go and check this out now!!!

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Merry Christmas(and a Happy New Year)!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

sumnboutme
12-29-11, 06:06 PM
Best thing ever!!! I hope it doesnt go away! Thanks TL!

sweetcali2012
12-29-11, 06:11 PM
I like it, too. Hoping there's a "next neighbor" button in the future, though. :)

moopet8
12-29-11, 06:12 PM
It was doing that for me too! but only randomly. If i didn't have any tables to tip on, then when I clicked the camera/social icon, my visited neighbors would be at the bottom, but if I was able to tip then the list appeared as it would normally. I guess it's nice to have sometimes at least!
Moopet8

Rachael98
12-29-11, 06:12 PM
:D!!!
It works for me too! Best update evar;)! Thanks TL.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Merry Christmas(and a Happy New Year)!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

xcellent
12-29-11, 06:23 PM
Happy new year!!! :-D

12-29-11, 06:28 PM
It happen with me too Bakery, restaurant and farm.

WELL DONE TL !!!!!!!

12-29-11, 06:29 PM
IT is better in alphabetical order.

Elenabake
12-29-11, 07:03 PM
I have this too, this is great :)
Thank you TL!!

sehana
12-29-11, 07:12 PM
Wooo Hoooo!!! Makes visiting less complicated!! and I can actually visit more neighbors now with my hectic schedule!!

THANK YOU!!

cupcakes4cece
12-29-11, 07:15 PM
It was doing that for me too! but only randomly. If i didn't have any tables to tip on, then when I clicked the camera/social icon, my visited neighbors would be at the bottom, but if I was able to tip then the list appeared as it would normally. I guess it's nice to have sometimes at least!
Moopet8

Yes, there is some odd behavior when you can't tip a neighbor because they are full or when you tip a neighbor but don't send a gift (and can send one). I haven't seen this often enough to figure out a definite pattern, but it does do some odd things in those cases.

JoJosBakersDelite
12-29-11, 10:53 PM
THIS IS WONDERFUL!!! It now takes me almost half the time to tip my bakery and restaurant! THANKS SSO MUCH TL!!!a

keviPad
12-30-11, 01:17 AM
Is this a good thing? Not sure yet. Maybe i gotta give it more time to get used to.

Is it a bug. I dont know. My list returned back to alphabet order. When does it reset? I probably need to test this more.

keviPad
12-30-11, 01:19 AM
Probably would have been better if it just remembered were we last left off scrolling. Or had some kind of check mark on those fully tipped.

xSnowyOwlx
12-30-11, 01:31 AM
It's probably has some glitches - doesn't work properly for me in Zoo 2 since the neighbors jump: If I visit the 1st in the list, the neighbor who gets moved to the top after that wasn't even in the top 3 slots.

yvonnes
12-30-11, 02:42 AM
This is great! I love it.

julia3032
12-30-11, 02:51 AM
I'd love it a lot better if gifting wasn't still a nightmare in RS. You still have to uncheck all your nbrs. I have nbs who need paint, knobs, motors, etc, you name it....and all of you do too. I try very hard to give them what they need. This is still a mess. Bakery is great because you can still check off each gift for the individual nbr. With all the constructibles it's hard enough to try to keep it straight without having to uncheck all your nbrs. Please, please fix that in RS!

astriger
12-30-11, 03:01 AM
YES I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE TOO! Good job TL!

clara246
12-30-11, 03:08 AM
sooo much better

jannywanny86
12-30-11, 05:20 AM
it prob a bug or something!

jannywanny86
12-30-11, 05:22 AM
i dont understand y its good?? coz the neighbours are already there in ya list??? is it just to show ones u been to that day?

kattybell
12-30-11, 05:22 AM
I hope it's not a bug. It's the best thing. I love it.

kattybell
12-30-11, 05:23 AM
i dont understand y its good?? coz the neighbours are already there in ya list??? is it just to show ones u been to that day?

It's good because you can go to the top of the list and there's no more scrolling through the list. ABC.

mushroom79
12-30-11, 06:42 AM
thank you! the next thing: pls UNCHECK everything in the request item list and CHECK everything in the gifting list.

queenrocks77
12-30-11, 10:46 AM
I visit all of my neighbors daily so this doesn't mess me up. I love it!

rookie65
12-30-11, 12:28 PM
Love this!! One of the best things done to the games!!!!

joey33
12-30-11, 02:59 PM
Love it, thanks a lot!!!

barleycoon
12-30-11, 03:04 PM
I think it's wonderful too, it's so much quicker to visit nbrs. Thank you TL.

briguynv
12-30-11, 05:56 PM
NO I don't like this... IF you just VISIT to leave a note, or IF they are full... they STILL drop to the bottom of the list. It should ONLY drop them to the bottom IF you tip ALL 6 coins, and/or if you are able to gift SUCCESSFULLY! I don't like them out of order for NO reason... IE; have not tipped or gifted! This makes it much harder for me, I have to scroll even more, trying to find someone, because they aren't in order anymore! MAJOR hassle now! We should have a choice if they aren't going to do it RIGHT!

briguynv
12-30-11, 05:57 PM
thank you! the next thing: pls UNCHECK everything in the request item list and CHECK everything in the gifting list.

NO! NOTHING should be ALL checked! I have NEVER sent the exact same gift to EVERY neighbor! I'm tired of having to UNCHECK every nbr when I am trying to send one part to ONE nbr or a few nbrs! That's a NIGHTMARE! It now takes me 4 times longer to gift every day! EVERY day this game becomes MORE WORK than play! UGH!

kahlan531
12-30-11, 07:26 PM
There should be an option to select all and deselect all for each list!!! Then it will work for everyone.

kahlan531
12-30-11, 07:30 PM
...because I often do send the same gift to every neighbor and it is a lot of work to CHECK every box...

cupcakes4cece
12-30-11, 07:42 PM
NO I don't like this... IF you just VISIT to leave a note, or IF they are full... they STILL drop to the bottom of the list. It should ONLY drop them to the bottom IF you tip ALL 6 coins, and/or if you are able to gift SUCCESSFULLY! I don't like them out of order for NO reason... IE; have not tipped or gifted! This makes it much harder for me, I have to scroll even more, trying to find someone, because they aren't in order anymore! MAJOR hassle now! We should have a choice if they aren't going to do it RIGHT!

They are not out of order. They are ALPHABETICAL. Except now there are two lists, the visited and the not visited. Both lists are alphabetical. There is nothing random about it.

Try the feature properly before complaining. This is what most of us have been asking for for ages, and it HAS been done right. Granted, there are ways it could be improved, such as if it showed which neighbors we could not tip. Some people care about that, and others don't care.

How did you keep track of untipped/full neighbors before? Just do the same thing.

briguynv
12-30-11, 07:58 PM
They are not out of order. They are ALPHABETICAL. Except now there are two lists, the visited and the not visited. Both lists are alphabetical. There is nothing random about it.

Try the feature properly before complaining. This is what most of us have been asking for for ages, and it HAS been done right. Granted, there are ways it could be improved, such as if it showed which neighbors we could not tip. Some people care about that, and others don't care.

How did you keep track of untipped/full neighbors before? Just do the same thing.

Fine, maybe that might help tippers/waterers although I still don't love it... BUT it should NOT be changed out of order on the gifting/request list. Having 2 lists is a PAIN for THAT! If I request from A-E, it should be A-E... but now it could be A, B & E, because C & D might be down at the bottom... I shouldn't have to search for the people I want to ask for and it's harder to keep track of who I asked when... it should stay in order in ONE list. Same with gifting... if I know I am sending a specific gift to nbr 'B', I should be able to find them right at the top of the list... i shouldn't have to scroll thru hunting for where it changes back to "A" again, then find that nbr. It does take LONGER!

Keep it that way on the main neighbor list for tipping/watering... I don't love it but oh well... I can't tip any longer, it crashes my device... it's not a huge deal there, but maybe it will help those people... BUT it should NOT create two lists on the gifting/request pages... that makes it take twice as long or longer for those tasks!

kahlan531
12-30-11, 08:54 PM
Before I used to rush back to the list as fast as possible so I could tip two or three neighbors on the list before the list reloaded and I had to scroll down from the top to get back to where I had left off. Ugh, so tiring and tedious. Now, it goes right back to where it left off. And as for sending neighbor to the bottom of the list when they are too full to accept tips or gifts, well...more neighbors are going to get tipped this way anyway, so it's still WAAAAYYYY better! Thank you TL.

Now, if we could just have a place to stash gems and coins, especially gems, so we don't lose them with accidental taps. I've lost many gems this way, especially when there is a lag in loading and I tap once too many times without realizing it. It could just be a virtual "bank" in the menu. If so, I might decide to spend some real cash for gems.

mimidori
12-30-11, 09:04 PM
Once you tipped all your neighbours your list is back to normal (until the time resets I guess?)
If you dont tip all your neighbours you have two lists. Takes you longer to find someone. Gifting/requesting shouldnt be this way I agree, it has nothing to do with tipping. You can solve this by visiting every neighbour every day to get them back in one list...

I can see its convenient for someone who visit all neighbours, but for me, neighbours I dont tip appears always at the top and neighbours who are my friends are always at the bottom. They are the ones that have specific requests for parts. This means every time I try to gift them, I have to scroll the nbrs list, then the gifting list.

Those who paid gems to add spaces before their names so they could be at the top wasted their money. They are the hardest to find with his new system

kahlan531
12-30-11, 09:10 PM
Truthfully, I now do most of my tipping from the message wall and news feed. If you don't leave a message on my wall when you tip me, or you roll off my newsfeed before I get to it, you might not get a tip for a while if I am busy and don't have a lot of time to play. I go through the neighbor list to tip only when I have nothing left to do, which isn't often. Also, I always gift stew to everyone unless they ask me specifically for something else, and then I visit their restaurant directly from their message on my wall, click gift, and send them the specific gift.

gamergl
12-30-11, 09:52 PM
NO! NOTHING should be ALL checked! I have NEVER sent the exact same gift to EVERY neighbor! I'm tired of having to UNCHECK every nbr when I am trying to send one part to ONE nbr or a few nbrs! That's a NIGHTMARE! It now takes me 4 times longer to gift every day! EVERY day this game becomes MORE WORK than play! UGH!

Ditto. Here here for unchecking as the default.
Nice job on the tipping thing.

starstar2
12-30-11, 11:46 PM
This function is great for tipping. Thanks TL.
Gift in the past is all uncheck, very tedious to send.
Now is all check, is great convenience to send.

Ya, I do agree that there are choosy neighbours who want specific item only.
But this group of choosy neighbours should be little.

Thus the function of all checked is still the best.
Thanks TL.