PDA

View Full Version : Ima B Sick now...55 gems gone!

julia3032
12-29-11, 02:12 PM
I cannot imagine how this happened! I was finishing up on my goals...had my cupcakes all set...just waiting for them to finish and put out my drink makers for my last HC's. Put my phone down and came back later to check on them....55 gems gone...and the goals all completed except for waiting on the measuring cups! TL took all my gems to "skip completing the goals!" There is no way I even touch the right side of my screen when I'm checking on goals! And why would I want to skip them, when I had them all set to finish? Bakery was my favorite game and now, I can't even stand to go in there!
This is sickening! If TL needs money that badly, let them go out and get a real job instead of stealing from ppl!

I played this game for 5 months and never had this many gem traps sprung on me...since I am careful. I left because of the lack of content and the other issues. I only came back because someone told me things had improved....i.e. weekly content. I didn't imagine they were going to make gem traps worse!

:mad:

nmishii
12-29-11, 02:19 PM
I bought 2 boxes in Restaurant Story, one a Valentines box in the summer, and converted 10 gems to coins in Bakery Story when I had 9M coins and nothing to spend them on, just like how you just spent your gems. I saw a couple of other posts of this happening to people.

Its like they have some timer where if you're idle for some time, sometimes they'll spend gems for you. But I can't prove it. I have no other explanation.

julia3032
12-29-11, 02:22 PM
nmishi, I can't explain it either, but they are doing something! It's getting worse all the time! Some of the gems, I bought and some I got from Mastery. I was saving them to do some redecorating after the holidays! Not buying any more gems. I'm done!

pinkster73
12-29-11, 02:32 PM
I feel bad you've fallen victim to another gem trap.

pinkster73
12-29-11, 02:34 PM
I've lost 88 gems I didn't mean to spend. It ducks

pinkster73
12-29-11, 02:34 PM
And by ducks I mean sucks

julia3032
12-29-11, 02:37 PM
Thanks, my friends....it's a shame there is little we can do except sympathize with each other. In other games I play there is a "restore" button. It takes you back to the beginning of the session and wipes out all actions and restores your gems, coins, whatever back to where you last opened the game.

nmishii
12-29-11, 02:42 PM
I'd love a restore button. But unlikely to be implemented. They wouldn't make as much money off their gem traps.

cazella10
12-29-11, 02:46 PM
A confirm button would be easy to implement, like the one to confirm selling an item!!!!! I wonder why it has not been done !!!!! The answer is obvious

julia3032
12-29-11, 03:13 PM
I agree with all of you. There is only one reason why none of this done. Money. They don't want to give proper customer service. They have no idea what that even is. It is part of their game design and they are not changing it. Don't they realize that you don't feel like spending money with them when they keep ripping you off? Until they grow up and learn how to treat customers fairly, none of this will change.

cazella10
12-29-11, 03:34 PM
I have lost gems in their gem traps and really irritated with no confirm button. I personally will not buy gems but save gems from mastery only, and I chose not to complete the goals that required gems on principal. This is a free game and goals should not be gem related. I pity new players of this game trying to complete goals on limited time with limited space/ovens, hopefully they have not felt compelled to purchase gems to skip steps to achieve goals. I feel TL are getting greedy.
I know I went slightly off topic, but gems are precious to some of us and not to be parted with lightly or by TRAPS.

felicitybliss
12-29-11, 03:43 PM
Once a company does not meet my satisfaction to resolve problems, then I seek other avenues for satisfaction. For example, the US federal trade commission has a complaint system. It does not resolve individual complaints, but monitors trends. If a trend appears to be an issue, then it proceeds with legal and civil actions. http://www.ftc.gov

If you are a citizen of another country, then you need to file a complaint with the consumer protection department of your country. http://www.econsumer.gov/english/members/overview.shtm. The link provides the web links for 13 countries, which are in the econsumer consortium that helps consumers lodge cross-border complaints. Example: as a us citizen, I purchase a purchase a purse from an online retailer in the UK. The store doesn't send my purse and keeps my money. I can file a complaint through the consortium--US and UK officials work to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps. Consumers are never powerless.

julia3032
12-29-11, 04:10 PM
I refuse to buy any more gems. I don't mind supporting a company, but they are acting in bad faith. Until they implement some reforms and give you a chance to correct mistakes, not one more penny will they see from me. I've also lost gems in RS and Fashion. The cost of gems and items have gone up so drastically..it's not even worth it.

Rachael98
12-29-11, 04:20 PM
Ouch. That's not good.
Try e-mailing TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com), but I doubt they'll be in the Christmas spirit...

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Merry Christmas(and a Happy New Year)!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

julia3032
12-29-11, 04:50 PM
I'm not going to email them. It's a waste of time. When was the last time (if ever) you heard of them refunding gems? They can't even give us a Christmas tree for coins or 1 or 2 gems, for heaven's sake. Waste of time.

Rachael98
12-29-11, 04:52 PM
I'm not going to email them. It's a waste of time. When was the last time (if ever) you heard of them refunding gems? They can't even give us a Christmas tree for coins or 1 or 2 gems, for heaven's sake. Waste of time.

I have never ever heard of them ever refunding gems. :rolleyes:

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

sylvie4163
12-29-11, 04:54 PM
I have never ever heard of them ever refunding gems. :rolleyes:

They didn't refund the gems I spent on the poodle & golden retriever in pet shop.. (payed gems for them, about 35, then they turned to coin animals...)

shakiba
12-29-11, 05:01 PM
They didn't refund the gems I spent on the poodle & golden retriever in pet shop.. (payed gems for them, about 35, then they turned to coin animals...)

wow. Just wow. Thats sad. I feel bad for you. They didnt do anything? anything?

julia3032
12-29-11, 05:05 PM
shakiba, I didn't even bother emailing them. They don't correct the mistakes THEY make! In your case, if you don't get your gems, you can contact Apple, since you paid for something you didn't receive. They always say they can't refund gems because someone may be taking advantage or may have changed their mind. It's been brought up countless times now that a confirm button would correct that. They have not nor will they implement one since this is all part of their game design. They are thieves. Plain and simple.

pinkster73
12-29-11, 05:08 PM
I have never ever heard of them refunding gems either. Especially from gem traps, aka "accidental purchases".

julia3032
12-29-11, 05:10 PM
pinkster, I didn't even touch anything! That's what gets me....I think I'll be off playing some games where you don't have to worry about the company stealing your money.

shakiba
12-29-11, 05:14 PM
pinkster, I didn't even touch anything! That's what gets me....I think I'll be off playing some games where you don't have to worry about the company stealing your money.

Oh I understand. The prob: TL wont believe you. Sorry to hear that :(

pinkster73
12-29-11, 05:16 PM

Try to get a refund through Apple. The sooner the better

Rachael98
12-29-11, 05:20 PM
Try to get a refund through Apple. The sooner the better

Apple cannot refund those purchases. They can refund the initial purchase of the gems, but not any purchases with the gems. That's purely TL's responsibility...

sylvie4163
12-29-11, 05:23 PM
wow. Just wow. Thats sad. I feel bad for you. They didnt do anything? anything?
They said something like "We cannot refund player transactions.."
And I got mad because they wouldn't have to refund it if they didn't change the freaking price...:mad:

julia3032
12-29-11, 05:36 PM
And I got mad because they wouldn't have to refund it if they didn't change the freaking price...:mad:

It's good that they changed it to coins, but anyone who purchased these prior to the change should have their gems refunded! That is only fair.

Rachael98
12-29-11, 05:37 PM

That, I think, is just hard luck.
Like when people spend their money on a load of gems, and then there's a 40% off sale the next day. Not unheard of:/

julia3032
12-29-11, 05:37 PM
Rachael is correct. Once they are bought and you receive them, what happens after that is not Apple's responsibility. It' TL's responsibility, one they have refused to deal with.

sylvie4163
12-29-11, 05:40 PM
That, I think, is just hard luck.
Like when people spend their money on a load of gems, and then there's a 40% off sale the next day. Not unheard of:/

Haha. I did that on Christmas. Bought a bunch of gems then... Lol.

sylvie4163
12-29-11, 05:41 PM
It's good that they changed it to coins, but anyone who purchased these prior to the change should have their gems refunded! That is only fair.
Yes! I'm happy they changed animals to coins, but they should've been that from the start. :o
Some of my neighbors who purchased them for gems are upset about this...

ilovecooper14
12-29-11, 05:42 PM
Yes! I'm happy they changed animals to coins, but they should've been that from the start. :o
Some of my neighbors who purchased them for gems are upset about this...

Like me............

BrynBacon
12-29-11, 05:50 PM
Wow! That's terrible! The only gem trap I've been caught in was just an 8 gem pair of Gladiator Heels. Sadly, TL is too lazy to put a confirm button on anything. :-/

12-29-11, 06:18 PM
I had also lost 4-5 gems in restaurant story, The apps suppose to give a reward after mastering level 2 & 4. The apps failed to do that. Of coz, it is nothing compare to you guys. Another task that we suppose to complete at that time was to purchase green marble table and chairs. I have completed the tasks and it keep askingd to do it again.
I never purchased any gems for this games. I have a neighbor on Bakery too. she has to give up her bakery story, since the games start until she quit the games. She faced so many issues with it. initially I don't realise at all, her device is IPhone. She couldn't earn coins and expand her restaurant. Then she made a decision to quit the games.
Now I have the same feeling like her. I have an issue too in restaurant story, I have email TL techsupport and they just closed the issue without any soulution. I have to reopen the issue again and again they close it, back and forward.
They give a user/player to complete a task/goal/features. Some of them require to sacrify your gems. If the apps works well without any bug/defect/issue, I believe ppl will do it or compete the task. Unfortunately, the new task/feature/goalsis equal to new bugs/defect/issue and frustrating for all the player.
I know that this online games make money only by selling the gems to player/user so they can expand or enhanced his/her games. I am NOT GOING TO PURCHASE any gems. I have enough with it.

mushroom79
12-31-11, 09:28 PM
I have lost gems in their gem traps and really irritated with no confirm button. I personally will not buy gems but save gems from mastery only, and I chose not to complete the goals that required gems on principal. This is a free game and goals should not be gem related. I pity new players of this game trying to complete goals on limited time with limited space/ovens, hopefully they have not felt compelled to purchase gems to skip steps to achieve goals. I feel TL are getting greedy.
I know I went slightly off topic, but gems are precious to some of us and not to be parted with lightly or by TRAPS.

ok, fine, if TL wants some goals to be gem related, so be it, if the end rewards are worth it, e.g. the polar bear in Farm (since many animals in farm cost gems too), but pls, give your customers a choice of what to buy, not fixing it as harvest 15 roses since people would like to keep them once they are planted. Since you just want 15 gems out of the customer, cant u just put it as "spend 15 gems" or "spend 24 gems"? Your customers would definitely have some gem item they would like to buy, e.g. a deco that cost 15 gems or a box that cost 24 gems, so give them that free choice? Ultimately you just want gems to be sold. Secondly, knowing that most customers already bought all coin clothing in fashion, you had to implement the spend 5000 coins on clothing etc...That is like giving customers no choice but to skip with gems or not do that goal. If you want gems in the first place, again put it simply as "spend 10 gems" (not too many such things btw or it will put the people right off, and the price at the end had better be worthy), at least people would have an item to buy for 10 gems. Lastly, a confirm button. And also, you had made a mistake with the pricing of the clock table in RS and BS, pls refund the gems to your customers who bought them. It was grossly unfair.

arockinchick
01-02-12, 10:22 PM
72 of my 85 gems disappeared last night!!!! Gems that i had purchased with real money!I had been saving them to expand and redecorate....today! I emailed TL, but after reading a few threads and comments, I'm not hopeful. If TL does not resolve this issue in an acceptable way, I have no other choice but to stop playing Bakery Story and all other Team Lava games. You can also be sure that I will let every other person I know that plays EXACTLY what has happened.

Thanks to the previous poster for the link to the website go report unfair practices. I will certainly be using it!

OH! Does anyone have any suggestions of gamed for Android like other comments before described....ya know, games where issues and problems are corrected and the company doesn't basically steal your money?

julia3032
01-02-12, 11:52 PM
72 of my 85 gems disappeared last night!!!! Gems that i had purchased with real money!I had been saving them to expand and redecorate....today! I emailed TL, but after reading a few threads and comments, I'm not hopeful. If TL does not resolve this issue in an acceptable way, I have no other choice but to stop playing Bakery Story and all other Team Lava games. You can also be sure that I will let every other person I know that plays EXACTLY what has happened.

Thanks to the previous poster for the link to the website go report unfair practices. I will certainly be using it!

OH! Does anyone have any suggestions of gamed for Android like other comments before described....ya know, games where issues and problems are corrected and the company doesn't basically steal your money?

Check out game view. I don't have an Android, but I know they have some games for Android. They have good customer service and won't steal from you.

xSnowyOwlx
01-03-12, 03:35 AM
Check out game view. I don't have an Android, but I know they have some games for Android. They have good customer service and won't steal from you.

Yes, this would be Gameview Studios. When a glitch happened in the game Tap Ranch 2 (for Apple, it's Tap Ranch for Android) after I spent 175 ranch bucks on the item that changed to 175 coins, I immediately emailed them. I got my refund a few days later - they are busy so they ask you to wait a total of 5 business days to email again if you haven't heard from them - and there are differences between Apple and Android but they work hard to get features to everyone and Androids have quests as well, check out their Facebook page and ask anyone on there who has Android devices.

sillyshell32
01-03-12, 05:22 PM
I agree. I am fed up with their products. Fun games but I am starting to feel like they are STEALING from me. How is this a long term business plan? They might even get sued if they are intentionally misleading people. Which I think they might be doing. Class action anyone? Why would they want to piss off their customer base like this? It's an app for my mobile device...I can go back to reading books. Haha!

hentie2
01-04-12, 04:09 PM
I also have fallen foul of the gem traps I went to tap ASK for 6 dried cherries on the goal for the balloons in restaurant story and like a flash 25 gems were taken!! the extortionate gem cost to skip and inflict more pain on me it was only 15 gems to skip the monstrosity of a chocolate fountain!!!
Yes it's time TL developed an are you sure button which I note is there when you go to buy gems so can't be that difficult to implement but they better had do soon as when people loose gems they PAiD for and there is no chance of cancelling the action due to error they could find themselves in deeper water than they are currently thinking !

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-04-12, 05:07 PM
Happened to me too 

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-05-12, 12:55 PM
I just got suckered again! I'm going to spend ALL my gems NOW! Least they aren't taken away! I was in Rest Story and trying to prepare food and you got the flippin stars bouncing every where. And it completed a stupid dish instantly! Gem Stealers! I am about ready to delete this game. I quit once before cause of unfair practices!