PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story materials no more?

kadezalyn
12-29-11, 07:07 AM
What happened to the items that were for asking friends for materials? Are they no longer doing it?

kattybell
12-29-11, 07:09 AM
Are you asking why you aren't receiving requests from neighbors? The goals deadline when they'll be removed is January 13.

nmishii
12-29-11, 07:33 AM
If you're on Android, we no longer receive requests for holiday items sent from quests from iOS neighbors. They are still working on goals until Jan 13, but we no longer participate.

mushroom79
12-29-11, 08:24 AM
I may be an iOS player but I would really have to say this. It is totally unfair to take out all the goals on Jan 13 and not let the Andriod players have the goals (this is most likely impossible to do before 13 Jan and give enough time for them to play). Do you know how disappointing it is for Andriod players to go to their iOS nbrs shops, farms, bakeries or restaurants and see all the dead space and come to the forum and see all the very nice items from goals? The randomness of the limited time offers are bad enough, the fact that Andriod players are always behind iOS in getting updates is worse but not giving them goals OR giving them only a couple of days to master the goals (assuming TL gets the goals out soon) is grossly unfair. Since the goals were already in place, it is only fair that the Andriod players get an EQUAL chance to play all the goals for a decent amount of time like a month or so from the date of release to them. It actually is not exactly equal also considering the fact that they already get it late but obviously not getting would be worse. If you have to, go ahead and take out the recipes and catalogs or crops that are not required in the goals. But PLS, give the andriod players a chance to play as well.

sourlicorice2
12-29-11, 10:26 AM
I may be an iOS player but I would really have to say this. It is totally unfair to take out all the goals on Jan 13 and not let the Andriod players have the goals (this is most likely impossible to do before 13 Jan and give enough time for them to play). Do you know how disappointing it is for Andriod players to go to their iOS nbrs shops, farms, bakeries or restaurants and see all the dead space and come to the forum and see all the very nice items from goals? The randomness of the limited time offers are bad enough, the fact that Andriod players are always behind iOS in getting updates is worse but not giving them goals OR giving them only a couple of days to master the goals (assuming TL gets the goals out soon) is grossly unfair. Since the goals were already in place, it is only fair that the Andriod players get an EQUAL chance to play all the goals for a decent amount of time like a month or so from the date of release to them. It actually is not exactly equal also considering the fact that they already get it late but obviously not getting would be worse. If you have to, go ahead and take out the recipes and catalogs or crops that are not required in the goals. But PLS, give the andriod players a chance to play as well.

I'm an IOS player as well and I completely agree with u.

dallywag
12-29-11, 04:48 PM
I am an Android user. Although it's been frustrating to watch IOS users get new features, I have been content to farm along-- plow, plant, harvest; repeat. The farming aspect is the crux of the game and is the reason we all play. I didn't pick up this game for the decorations or features such as the goals. Those things are added bonuses and I was content to just wait it out.

That being said, I am immensely disappointed in TL's decision to release seasonal crops that are available only by completing goals. It was simply unnecessary to deprive Android users of the key to game-play for the sake of (marginal) enhanced game-play for IOS users.

So, TL-- when I saw the recent 40% gem sale, my finger hovered for just a moment over the purchase button. Why continue to invest in a game if I am now being denied the key element of the game-- farming? Keep your seasonal crops and I'll keep my $12, thankyouverymuch.

I officially join other Android users and close my wallet until there is complete parity. I'll farm my little heart out until I tire of it. Obviously, new features and items are intended to stymie boredom and foster long-term game-play. If I can't access 'new' features and I'm not buying gems for fun items, I'm going to get bored-- and fast.

So, TL-- you've lost my $12 this month-- no biggie. But you're moving ever-closer to losing me as a player entirely. But I'm beginning to believe that's no biggie, either.

cltucker0
12-29-11, 06:37 PM
Well said dallywag. Well said.

-A fellow Android user

Bogiefurret
12-29-11, 11:04 PM
╯△╰ ditto I will continue to play and support my nbrs regardless of platform. But the wallet stays shut.

donnapetersen
12-29-11, 11:34 PM
It is totally unfair that we got goals while the Android people did not. From what I hear the Android users get overlooked on alot of things and someone told me they have to pay more for gems?
I say all Android users, save your cash and do not buy anymore gems until you start being treated like IOS.

pinkster73
12-29-11, 11:40 PM
It is totally unfair that we got goals while the Android people did not. From what I hear the Android users get overlooked on alot of things and someone told me they have to pay more for gems?
I say all Android users, save your cash and do not buy anymore gems until you start being treated like IOS.

We pay the same for gems. But you're right about us being overlooked concerning every new feature.

Shamrock1963
12-30-11, 12:49 AM
I have to disagree on one point. To me, being able to decorate my game space with nice stuff is more than half the fun of the game. If I couldn't do that, I wouldn't bother with the tedious chores of plowing, planting, and harvesting.

As for closing my wallet, I'd already done that after falling victim to multiple 1-click traps. To date, I've lost 10 gems in Bakery Story, 6 gems in Farm Story, 25 gems in Fashion Story, and 4 gems in Zoo Story -- all to different 1-click traps. I lost the 25 gems in Fashion Story on my birthday no less, and TeamLava refuses to restore my gems and refuses to remove all the 1-click traps. I recommend that EVERYONE close their wallets until TeamLava removes the 1-click traps.

Smartb0mb
12-30-11, 08:13 AM
I am an Android user. Although it's been frustrating to watch IOS users get new features, I have been content to farm along-- plow, plant, harvest; repeat. The farming aspect is the crux of the game and is the reason we all play. I didn't pick up this game for the decorations or features such as the goals. Those things are added bonuses and I was content to just wait it out.

That being said, I am immensely disappointed...

So, TL-- you've lost my $12 this month-- no biggie. But you're moving ever-closer to losing me as a player entirely. But I'm beginning to believe that's no biggie, either.

Just wait until you realize that the ceiling is level 96 at almost 750,000 XP and then to get to the next level (97) is almost 10 Million XP.

I'm done.

SuperFarmer2011
12-30-11, 12:04 PM
The fact that TL didn't release the goals for android users is bad enough but they could at least let us SEE the stuff that the IOS users do and get - just like with collectibles when we didn't get any. Now I can't water half of my neighbors' farms because they appear empty to me, I am lucky if I find a couple of unwatered trees... And it is unfair to my neighbors too because they don't get their pretty new "goals" crop watered! Before I kept my mouth shut about all the android unfairness but this is just over the top, TL!!! This is the reason I am not spending a single dollar on your games!!!

Sherecycles
12-30-11, 12:59 PM
I have also shut my wallet to protest us Android users being left out on many things. It's like our money isn't worth as much as others so if thats the case, I will be keeping my money. We've now been privileged to the collectables but I can't believe how many crops you have to water to get points and then it's difficult to get al the points needed to redeem for the prize. I've been bored at home for two days now and have spent HOURS watering and still don't have enough points. It's starting to get boring. So TL, you need to let us Android users be more active in this game. We count also!