PDA

View Full Version : If pets are going to be expensive....

Neliel1123
12-29-11, 03:27 AM
gem purchases can we purchase one and the rest of the family for coins. I rather pay a one time fee to unlock the pet than pay the outrageous amount of money you have to pay for you to complete a family. Like the Yorkie I want to buy one and complete the family but men that's going to cost too much money.

333sandy
12-29-11, 04:01 AM
A pet for gems, means mate and babies are for equal gems, Persian cat is 7 gems, mate 7 gems, babies 7 gems each

xSnowyOwlx
12-29-11, 05:27 AM
A pet for gems, means mate and babies are for equal gems, Persian cat is 7 gems, mate 7 gems, babies 7 gems each

I think they already knew that, and I believe what they are wanting to suggest is that you only have to pay the up-front gem price for 1 pet and the rest for coins.

gail66
12-29-11, 06:16 AM
I've just started up on pet shop and I've noticed how much ! it cost in gems
come on teamlava 149 gems needed to open up a 2nd breeding basket
that's a bit much

xSnowyOwlx
12-29-11, 12:57 PM
I've just started up on pet shop and I've noticed how much ! it cost in gems
come on teamlava 149 gems needed to open up a 2nd breeding basket
that's a bit much

Yeah, and for the border collie family you need 596 gems total since each costs 149 gems (daddy, mommy, 2 babies). That's also required to unlock the tree frog and the sad thing? Some people have done this already which means TL is getting what they want because some people will give them all the money they want.

Sophie318
12-29-11, 01:01 PM
Strange, very strange.

cupcakes4cece
12-29-11, 03:34 PM
Yeah, and for the border collie family you need 596 gems total since each costs 149 gems (daddy, mommy, 2 babies). That's also required to unlock the tree frog and the sad thing? Some people have done this already which means TL is getting what they want because some people will give them all the money they want.

I see bullfrogs all over the place, which means people not only bought four border collies ($120!) but bred the bullfrog, which I think also costs gems. So, for a large number of people, for some reason it makes good sense to spend that kind of cash on an animated graphic in a game. No wonder things are just getting worse in all gem-containing games in general and TeamLava's games in particular.

Rachael98
12-29-11, 04:23 PM
I see bullfrogs all over the place, which means people not only bought four border collies ($120!) but bred the bullfrog, which I think also costs gems. So, for a large number of people, for some reason it makes good sense to spend that kind of cash on an animated graphic in a game. No wonder things are just getting worse in all gem-containing games in general and TeamLava's games in particular.

...and I suppose that means that TL likely won't change it, because it means a loss if profit...

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Merry Christmas(and a Happy New Year)!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

hotwingzz
12-29-11, 04:31 PM
I agree I have all coin ones complete so now I'm just expanding my place I am not paying that for pets and there's never a gem sale either u have to pay 30 dollars just to unlock the collie that's nuts

xSnowyOwlx
12-29-11, 08:21 PM

Actually, the bullfrog is a crossbreed between the bermuda and the turtle, at least that's what I was seeing.

xSnowyOwlx
12-29-11, 08:23 PM
I agree I have all coin ones complete so now I'm just expanding my place I am not paying that for pets and there's never a gem sale either u have to pay 30 dollars just to unlock the collie that's nuts

You don't have to "unlock", the collie unlocks at level 20. If people actually paid to unlock it early, they're just helping make the games more expensive.

hotwingzz
12-29-11, 09:05 PM
I know that I unlocked it and I am level 20 I've been for awhile but yes it u look on it it says 149 gems to buy that maybe its me but i think that's crazy ex specially for for a something fake

hotwingzz
12-29-11, 09:07 PM
You don't have to "unlock", the collie unlocks at level 20. If people actually paid to unlock it early, they're just helping make the games more expensive.

Any unlock I ment buy I worded it wrong

Neliel1123
12-30-11, 05:13 PM
I think they already knew that, and I believe what they are wanting to suggest is that you only have to pay the up-front gem price for 1 pet and the rest for coins.

Yes that is exactly what I meant. I don't know about ya'll but I cannot afford to pay the outrageous amount of money of some of those breeds. A one time fee of a REASONABLE amount of gems is fair. All this games try to copy Zynga's and other FB games structure but I read that they aren't doing so good. Specially Zynga that went public only to loose money. In this economy you want to get more for your money. You need every single penny to live and if you are lucky enough to have 5 dollars left at the end of the month to spend on a game I have no motivation to spend it on yours. In the time that I have played your games, which has been for more than I year I have only contribute to teamlava $15.00 and I play ALL of your games.

cupcakes4cece
12-30-11, 07:28 PM
I spend a lot on games. Sims 2 and 3 alone must have cost a few thousand by now, and I don't even want to know how much Bigfish has got out of me for their Hidden Object games. I don't mind paying for things that entertain me.

But it has to have value. I don't even buy whole games if I feel the asking price doesn't match what I'll be getting out of it, like if reviews say the game is short compared to other games I've played but it costs more.

There's no way I'm spending $30 on an animated graphic in a game. Not even $1! It isn't worth it! Things have to cost what they are worth for me to even consider buying them. I know the value of money, and I know that a barely animated graphic has very little value in comparison to the many, many things the same money could buy. There is absolutely no way I could justify spending the kind of money TL is asking for these virtual pets that don't even do anything.

If they were reasonably priced, I'd have no problem with it. But the way they are right now... there is just no way for me to justify it.

I think Zoo and Pet Shop are just greed run amuck, even compared to the other games. I haven't bought any gems for them, and doubt I ever will, since I doubt things are going to change.

FlameyHawk
12-30-11, 09:59 PM
I spend a lot on games. Sims 2 and 3 alone must have cost a few thousand by now, and I don't even want to know how much Bigfish has got out of me for their Hidden Object games. I don't mind paying for things that entertain me.

But it has to have value. I don't even buy whole games if I feel the asking price doesn't match what I'll be getting out of it, like if reviews say the game is short compared to other games I've played but it costs more.

There's no way I'm spending $30 on an animated graphic in a game. Not even $1! It isn't worth it! Things have to cost what they are worth for me to even consider buying them. I know the value of money, and I know that a barely animated graphic has very little value in comparison to the many, many things the same money could buy. There is absolutely no way I could justify spending the kind of money TL is asking for these virtual pets that don't even do anything.

If they were reasonably priced, I'd have no problem with it. But the way they are right now... there is just no way for me to justify it.

I think Zoo and Pet Shop are just greed run amuck, even compared to the other games. I haven't bought any gems for them, and doubt I ever will, since I doubt things are going to change.

Totally agree.
Well with most of it.
XD

viviansmo
12-31-11, 05:29 PM
*Grumble grumble grumble*

Have no pets for gems and didn't realize cross breeding used gems. My own fault for clicking too fast, but 13 gems gone and one lonely dog who will stay that way.

*Grumble grumble grumble*

01-06-12, 03:44 PM
We need an update so badly!

DVD5500
01-06-12, 05:37 PM
This morning I bred a French bulldog for 12 hours, get home from work, 2 days now. The gem prices are outrageous now. I'll finish the FBD and I'm done with the gems. I'd rather go and buy a real life pet than spend a small fortune on an animated pet!

iusedtobedigusr
01-06-12, 05:42 PM
I just re-wrote my comments at apple store. and changed my rating, I thought that TL was headed in right direction with pulling all the AD's etc. But this is a new level of low.