PDA

View Full Version : just sayin.

BROCHEyo
12-27-11, 06:34 PM
Hi, I just started playing pet story and I was just wondering why you would have animals get "abandoned" if we can't get to them in time...its not sending the right message to just get rid of sick animals, we should be able to pay with coin to revive them back to life. also, why would it cost us 149 gems for more beds?!?!..doesnt 149 seem a wee bit excessive considering i would have to pay 50 bucks of my own money just to get one bed! i thought fashion story was over priced but this is just absurd. pretty good game but seriously needs some tweeking.

pinkster73
12-27-11, 06:41 PM
I think the abandoning concept is sick. They could have come up with something a bit less harsh like they were sent to a competitor's store or something. As a former humane society worker I take this very seriously, and I normally find humor in EVERYTHING.

ilovecooper14
12-27-11, 06:48 PM
I hate how we have to abandon it.
It's obviously a way TeamLava is trying to get us to use gems to revive it.

iusedtobedigusr
12-27-11, 07:01 PM
I agree with all the above.
TL knows when it comes to spoiled food, crops, drinks etc. no one really cares it just wasted time on your part as witnessed by the way the switched the buttons around on games to trap you into using Gems recovering items.
But when it comes to Animals being Abandoned, especially babies they purposely tug at our heart strings in order to make more profit. It is a sick and demented practice for the almighty dollar.

Rachael98
12-27-11, 07:17 PM
I think the abandoning concept is sick. They could have come up with something a bit less harsh like they were sent to a competitor's store or something. As a former humane society worker I take this very seriously, and I normally find humor in EVERYTHING.

I have not, but I'm usually pretty mercurial, in any case-it's just a very mean tactic.
Who'd seriously want to "Abandon" their animal. Exactly. So you pay up.

Regarding the 149 gems, very expensive-a way to get our shop ratings up though. Tell me that was an accident:p.

pinkster73
12-27-11, 09:38 PM
I have not, but I'm usually pretty mercurial, in any case-it's just a very mean tactic.

Regarding the 149 gems, very expensive-a way to get our shop ratings up though. Tell me that was an accident:p.

I think it wasn't. It's a very expensive game

BROCHEyo
12-28-11, 10:50 AM
i'm glad people agree with me on this issue!! i like actively play so i make sure i dont have to let them get abandoned. i do hope team lava will come to their senses and change this!

BROCHEyo
12-28-11, 10:53 AM
I agree with all the above.
TL knows when it comes to spoiled food, crops, drinks etc. no one really cares it just wasted time on your part as witnessed by the way the switched the buttons around on games to trap you into using Gems recovering items.
But when it comes to Animals being Abandoned, especially babies they purposely tug at our heart strings in order to make more profit. It is a sick and demented practice for the almighty dollar.

couldn't of worded it better myself!

xSnowyOwlx
12-28-11, 11:43 AM
I abandon them if I lose them because I know they aren't real animals.

TL is preying on those who just can't resist the virtual animals. I'd rather spend the cost of those gems donating to an organization that helps REAL animals.

Everybody, yes it is a sick thing for them to do but do these virtual pets matter that much? I'd never pay to revive because that same amount of money could be used on my own baby girl or donated to an organization.

Don't let it get to you, and don't fall for the trick. To me, this is a real "gem trap" because of people who feel guilty of abandoning a virtual animal that they'll never really get anything out of.

mushroom79
12-28-11, 11:44 AM
well said!

iusedtobedigusr
12-28-11, 11:56 AM
I abandon them if I lose them because I know they aren't real animals.

TL is preying on those who just can't resist the virtual animals. I'd rather spend the cost of those gems donating to an organization that helps REAL animals.

Everybody, yes it is a sick thing for them to do but do these virtual pets matter that much? I'd never pay to revive because that same amount of money could be used on my own baby girl or donated to an organization.

Don't let it get to you, and don't fall for the trick. To me, this is a real "gem trap" because of people who feel guilty of abandoning a virtual animal that they'll never really get anything out of.

I do abandon them also. And yes a "Gem Trap" since there really is not a set time yet on when they become "Sick". I will never buy Gems from TL on principle because of their underhanded practices. But from what I have read a majority of players are female with maternal instincts and I think this is just a New Low in the long list TL has already created.

xSnowyOwlx
12-28-11, 07:55 PM
I do abandon them also. And yes a "Gem Trap" since there really is not a set time yet on when they become "Sick". I will never buy Gems from TL on principle because of their underhanded practices. But from what I have read a majority of players are female with maternal instincts and I think this is just a New Low in the long list TL has already created.

I'm also female, and it was harder for me to abandon another game by a different developer than to abandon these sick pets because in that game - Touch Pets Cats and Touch Pets Dogs 2 - you actually interact with the virtual pets. I downloaded it again in October, after deleting it when the developers hadn't fixed anything and after no costumes for the pets for Halloween, I knew they'd abandoned the game. I complained and they said they have no idea if anyone on their team will ever update it but they prefer to focus on the "We Rule" games.

uwantoplay
12-28-11, 11:39 PM

I have the highest rating for each category and only used one bed for my breeding. It goes off of how many babies you have in your zoo, not how many you have breeding.

uwantoplay
12-28-11, 11:40 PM
That should have read for your pet store, but it also applies for Zoo2 also.

pinkbarbie123
01-11-12, 10:36 PM
I agree I hate the wording. It sends a horrible message, but considering the company not a big surprise.

Lilz32b
01-12-12, 11:52 AM
To the person who sort of said well get over it--

CHILDREN play this game and that is who it is marketed to. You are less likely to find a child, however, here on the boards. And this sort of thing teaching the message that you either pay the big mean company or puppy is abandoned is disgusting. They seriously have an ethics problem at this company. If they're going to make children abandon animals virtual or otherwise, they just aren't right in the head.

But all I really find is horrible ethics practices here. On many many levels. It's upsetting. Refuse to refund someone who was *****ed money. Set prices hugely above premium for no reason other than greed. Make children abandon pets rather than the wording be "Try Again". Give huge price modifications with no adjustment to players who have spent real money. It's consistently failure after failure after failure. Needs to stop.

pinkbarbie123
01-12-12, 11:19 PM
I totally agree with you! I am one of those people who absolutely HATES how everything has to be so politically correct nowadays, and even though I don't have any children I think the message it's sending is disgusting. I love animals and work with animal charities and organizations in my community and have seen first hand people abandoning animals for all kinds of reasons. Any reason is sick. Yes, TL KNEW what they were doing by how they worded it. Its sickening. I know some people might think it's just a game and I probably wouldnt care if it were anything other than animals, but it's sending a message that all you have to do is give TL your money or leave your pet on the side of the road. TL is getting out of hand.

barleycoon
01-13-12, 01:17 AM
I'm not saying this is right in any way, all the pet themed games currently on the market all the animals get sick if not placed in time.
I feel, it shows if we spend time and love, and care for that animal they won't get sick in the game. We also have alerts saying the pet baby is ready, I'm really sorry for anyone who's alerts do not currently work.
So, it teaches us all if time and love is given to that pet they are not being neglected. Yes pets get sick in real life, and it's extremely sad when anyone's pet dies. Sometimes people can no longer care for that pet, so it's better to rehome than to neglect. Maybe, the wording abandon could be changed to rehome so it does not cause distress to anyone. Please don't shout at me.

Lilz32b
01-13-12, 02:07 AM
Don't worry barley no one is mad at you. I'm mad at TL. They have some serious issues.

And I personally can't use the alerts, and I'm sure many others can't either for reasons of work and other such things. but I time things for when I know I can go to the app. If TL alters breed time in the middle of that? Bye bye baby.

If they just reworded it it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

barleycoon
01-13-12, 04:45 AM
Don't worry barley no one is mad at you. I'm mad at TL. They have some serious issues.

And I personally can't use the alerts, and I'm sure many others can't either for reasons of work and other such things. but I time things for when I know I can go to the app. If TL alters breed time in the middle of that? Bye bye baby.

If they just reworded it it wouldn't be as big of a deal.
Thank you, that's really kind. I too try to time pets so I know I'll be able to place them, it did affect a lot of players when the breeding times were altered. I hope the abandon element is reworded to rehome.

Montegoe
01-13-12, 07:44 AM
I like the idea of changing that word from abandon to rehome.

This type of issue was happening long before TL jumped into the mix. Those 8-bit digital pets in the 90's (tamagotchi?) caused the same havoc.

tatertotbug7199
01-21-12, 06:31 PM
I agree with you. What really helped me plan out when a baby gets sick was this: assuming the baby takes 8 hours to breed, it's 16 hours before it gets sick; double the time. Therefore, plan carefully when breeding animals overnight and stuff- eight hour pets should be the minimum time you breed. Otherwise, your pet will be sick when you wake up.

I learned my lesson when I was first starting and breeding a dalmation puppy, which got sick. I didn't have gems, and I couldn't bear to abandon it (I'm very sentimental about animals), and so I spent $5 to revive it...It really is a tactic just to make money by taking advantage of all the animal-lovers out there.