PDA

View Full Version : [Help please!] How can you save your data when you sync your iPod to a new iTunes?

sweetsurrenders
12-25-11, 02:17 PM
Hi, my iTunes got deleted because of something and I had to download iTunes again. Now, I want to sync my iPod but if I do, it says it will delete all my current ipod data because my iPod is synced to another iTunes~ It's the same computer though.
How can I save my game data if I want to sync my iPod? I don't want to lose all the stuff I have. I'm level 75 and I worked pretty hard to get there. ^^
Thank you! Also, if I am not clear, do ask questions~^^
Thanks again!

barleycoon
12-25-11, 03:12 PM
Your games are safe on TLs server, even if we delete the app. Your game will still be there when you redownload it.

mushroom79
12-25-11, 11:36 PM
Hi, my iTunes got deleted because of something and I had to download iTunes again. Now, I want to sync my iPod but if I do, it says it will delete all my current ipod data because my iPod is synced to another iTunes~ It's the same computer though.
How can I save my game data if I want to sync my iPod? I don't want to lose all the stuff I have. I'm level 75 and I worked pretty hard to get there. ^^
Thank you! Also, if I am not clear, do ask questions~^^
Thanks again!

the story games are safe as barleycoon mentioned. As for your other data, I myself also lost all the songs, videos etc when I bought a new computer in June. Not sure if backing up to iCloud helps...not sure how iCloud actually works. Go to settings on your ipod and scroll down, you should see the iCLoud option. and if you select it and scroll to the bottom, you can back up now. If you really want to try it out yourself, this is what you could do, but I am not sure if this could save all your other games that you play besides TL games. YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST BEFORE CONNECTING THE IPOD TO THE COMPUTER. In iTunes, go to "edit" at the top bar then choose "preferences". Select "devices" at the top bar of the popup and ensure that the box: "prevent ipod from sycning automatically" is checked. click "ok" then go to the "file" and select "transfer purchases" from ipod after you connect your ipod to your computer.

But if you have the Apple Support package, you could give them a call first before you sync your iPod.

143Blue
12-25-11, 11:53 PM
ive done this before too!! cuz my vomputer had a virus and we deleted everything and i was always scared to sync since it said tht. but actually u just sync all ur apps to the new itunes and just click yes and stuff and after ur done it will ask do u want to sync frm the back up and click yes and all ur apps will be there u wont lose any paid apps at all:)

barleycoon
12-26-11, 12:11 AM
If items are backed upto iCloud, they should be safe. I believe you can choose to send like ie all documents to all devices etc. I'm keeping my apps seperate, as I have different on my ipad2 and my iPod and I really don't want to mix them all up. Many games are also saved though game centre, I believe.

ambers676
12-26-11, 01:43 AM
Need help please! I am on level 68 on my iPhone and I need to transfer this to my IPad. Does anyone know how to do it?

sweetsurrenders
12-26-11, 01:57 AM
Thank you all for your wonderful and helpful answers~ :D
Now I can sync my iPod without worrying; I was only concerned about my Bakery Story data, hahaha~ :o

ambers676
12-26-11, 02:57 AM
Ok, Im currently working with team lava to try and solve my problem.

simisparkles
01-09-12, 04:26 AM
Same sort of question i guess. My problem is that i only want to transfer the data from my Restuarant story and bakery story. I don't want to transfer any of the other data already on my new iphone. Is there a way to back up just those two games and transfer them without changing anything else on my new iphone?

kooky panda
01-09-12, 05:41 AM
Same sort of question i guess. My problem is that i only want to transfer the data from my Restuarant story and bakery story. I don't want to transfer any of the other data already on my new iphone. Is there a way to back up just those two games and transfer them without changing anything else on my new iphone?
Team lava games are not saved under your itunes account or on you phone, so you can transfer your team lava games without transfering anything else on your phone.

You can email support@teamlava.com (support@teamlava.com) and they can transfer your games. Give them you storm ID, the level of one of the games that you play.
Make sure you download all the games you are playing to you new device, but do not set up a new storm ID.
If you are on a Iphone, Ipad, Touch, or Ipad and you know the UDID numbers for both devices , give support that information.

You can also try and transfer yourself. If you are going from Idevice to Idevice and you know the UDID numbers for both:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...ll=1#post66787 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11887-PLEASE-READ-How-to-Transfer-to-a-New-Device&p=66787&viewfull=1#post66787)

If you do not have UDID number for your old device or if you are transfering from or to an android device you can transfer by Storm 8

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?t=14674 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?t=14674)

Need help please! I am on level 68 on my iPhone and I need to transfer this to my IPad. Does anyone know how to do it?