PDA

View Full Version : Christmas pet alert!!!

pinkster73
12-24-11, 12:41 PM
Just a friendly reminder for everyone. I used to work at the humane society and every year saw poor animals fall victim to Christmas no no's.

1. Pointsetta's are poisonous to cats, and apparently quite tasty
2. Turkey bones are dangerous for pets. They fragment when chewed and can seriously damage an animals digestive tract. So only boneless turkey for fido please.

Your pets thank you and Merry Christmas yay!!!!

viviansmo
12-24-11, 01:13 PM
I'd also add...
Keep that skinny curling ribbon away from the cats. String is not a cat toy and can do some serious damage making its way through your cat's system should s/he swallow it.

pinkster73
12-24-11, 01:28 PM
I'd also add...
Keep that skinny curling ribbon away from the cats. String is not a cat toy and can do some serious damage making its way through your cat's system should s/he swallow it.

And that shiny tinsel. Have you ever had cat poo with shiny colored tinsel in it? I haven't but one of my kitties did

pinkster73
12-24-11, 01:40 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/images-5-4.jpg

driftboutique
12-24-11, 01:59 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/images-5-4.jpg

:D

My addition to this thread: some types of pine can be poisonous to cats, so keep an eye out for nibbling on the Christmas tree. Or, if you have a cat that is insane like I do, watch out for drinking out of the Christmas tree stand.

pinkster73
12-24-11, 02:08 PM
I got a super strength indestructible fake tree this year after my kitties broke all the branches on the lower half of my tree last year. They still nom nom nom on it. But at least its not poisonous

nmishii
12-24-11, 02:30 PM
And that shiny tinsel. Have you ever had cat poo with shiny colored tinsel in it? I haven't but one of my kitties did

I've seen kitty poo with shiny silver tinsel in it. I stopped putting tinsel on after that.

driftboutique
12-24-11, 02:34 PM
I got a super strength indestructible fake tree this year after my kitties broke all the branches on the lower half of my tree last year. They still nom nom nom on it. But at least its not poisonous

Yeah, I think we're going to invest in one when they go on sale post-Christmas. We have a wee little Charlie Brown tree this year, and it's hilarious to see our tiny gray cat attacking it because it's like miniature leopard vs miniature pine tree.

pinkster73
12-24-11, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I think we're going to invest in one when they go on sale post-Christmas. We have a wee little Charlie Brown tree this year, and it's hilarious to see our tiny gray cat attacking it because it's like miniature leopard vs miniature pine tree.

That's a great plan. I bought this tree a week after Christmas last year for 75% off.

shakiba
12-24-11, 04:07 PM
My cat aint crazy. Check. No "real" pine trees. Check. No pointsetta. Check.
My cat is ready for xmas! :D

FlameyHawk
12-24-11, 05:32 PM
I will have to remember next time I go to the store to get the non-poisonous Pointsettas...
XD

mushroom79
12-28-11, 08:38 AM
why cant dogs eat chocolates? I heard that dogs will die from it. How about cats? Can they eat chocolate?

kattybell
12-28-11, 08:40 AM
why cant dogs eat chocolates? I heard that dogs will die from it. How about cats? Can they eat chocolate?

This is from yahoo answers: Because chocolate contains theobromine. This effects the nervous system and heart muscle and increases their urination amount. Dogs can't metabolize theobromine well. This causes it to build up in their system until it reaches toxic levels.
The less the dog weighs the more you should be worried because the toxicity levels are higher.