PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas eve just got ruined

casadolce
12-24-11, 01:06 AM
I've been diligently playing and saving up my gems for a shoe display, doing goals and everything. I was up to 33 gems today, oh so close. Guess what? I'm suddenly down to 8 gems, and got one extra slot.

Nicely done TL, it was a seamless trap. This was the second time it happened to me. Fooled me once, shame on you; fooled me twice, shame on me.

Guess I'm not made for this game, so I'm not wasting any more time on it now although I'm above level 80. Hope you're happy TL!

barleycoon
12-24-11, 01:08 AM
I'm so sorry that's happened to you, take care.

xSnowyOwlx
12-24-11, 01:15 AM
I feel sorry for you for 1 reason: you feel this ruined your Christmas Eve.

I feel bad for people who feel stuff like this are essential to make their lives complete.

casadolce
12-24-11, 01:27 AM

I feel bad for people who feel stuff like this are essential to make their lives complete.

Oh, I don't need these games to make my life complete. I feel this ruined my day because it had been an excellent day, until some stupid trap got me. If I had went to bed at my usual bedtime this would not have happened and I would have gone to bed a very happy person. Guess what? I'll wake up tomorrow as a happy person again! It's Christmas!!

casadolce
12-24-11, 01:29 AM
I'm so sorry that's happened to you, take care.

Thank you! I know it's just a game, but gem traps are really obnoxious.

Rachael98
12-24-11, 01:37 AM
...Merry Christmas...

nmishii
12-24-11, 01:49 AM
Sorry about the gem trap. Hope you stay with RS and BS. Merry Christmas.

driftboutique
12-24-11, 04:59 AM

Wow, this comment is really harsh and uncalled for.

Sorry, casadolce, these situations can be really disheartening :(

mimidori
12-24-11, 05:36 AM
I believe that wasn't what you meant casadolce. Things like stepping on dog poo will ruin my my Christmas Eve and my life isn't......well
Don't give up! After all you did manage to reach lvl 80, you must love your store.

maggieyyli
12-24-11, 05:53 AM
I feel bad for you too. Game is supposed to entertain people but it seems the endless gem trap let people frustrated instead... i have been trapped and lost over 100 gems since I played fashion story in less than 6 months... I may follow your approach one day if I found I lost too much money here... TL, you successfully drop out one of the loyal players! Get your job done!

hectorloch
12-24-11, 06:16 AM
Hey cdc - they can take our Gnomes, they can take our Tasks, they can take our Gems - they will never take our Xmas :)

casadolce
12-24-11, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the kind words guy! Just notice that I'm at level 88. It's a good number and it will stay there :)

I will still go into the game for the next little while to handle material requests and neighbor requests (cause I know outstanding neighbor requests are annoying), and let the boutique die of natural cause. There are a few excellent neighbors that I'll miss dearly.

I'm still playing RS, BS, CS and Farm. Also playing PSS too but not sure how far I'll go on that one.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and happy holidays to everyone else!!!

barleycoon
12-24-11, 08:37 AM
I hope you still enjoy your games, and in time might return to Fashion story. I've lost gems in fashion too, I know it's upsetting and very frustrating.

gingerrabbitkitkat
12-24-11, 10:40 AM
I'm posting on my friend's id...my store name is Amy's. I am very upset as well. I had been saving gems and I play on Android. Suddenly I've lost 24 gems. I don't even think I tapped on that block. Apparently they think I did, because now I have yet ANOTHER extra buy slot. This has happened before. I am SOOO mad right now. When will this ever be fixed? There should be a button to verify the purchase. This is supposed to be fun, not make a person angry.

barleycoon
12-24-11, 10:50 AM
I'm posting on my friend's id...my store name is Amy's. I am very upset as well. I had been saving gems and I play on Android. Suddenly I've lost 24 gems. I don't even think I tapped on that block. Apparently they think I did, because now I have yet ANOTHER extra buy slot. This has happened before. I am SOOO mad right now. When will this ever be fixed? There should be a button to verify the purchase. This is supposed to be fun, not make a person angry.

I'm so sorry, this has happened to you. Take care.

pinkster73
12-24-11, 11:03 AM

Congratulations on how you made yourself look.

pinkster73
12-24-11, 11:06 AM
Oh sweet house, I'm sorry you fell victim to a gem trap on Christmas. Not very Christmas-y

143Blue
12-24-11, 11:08 AM

im not sure why but this comment is sorts off offensive...i mean she sat there and play to get something she really wanted but then bam it all goes to a stupid slot! tht must be really frustrating happened to me on bakey so i just deleted the gzame:( anyway hope ur christmas gets better wiuth some goodd presents!

digital_ghost
12-24-11, 11:10 AM
I feel your pain, been there and done that too many times. :(
So sorry that happened to you especially today of all days.

shakiba
12-24-11, 12:31 PM
Hope there will be something to bring you back to that xmas cheer and spirit! :(

nicola_grant
12-24-11, 04:03 PM

I agree. I'd be pretty gutted if I lost loads of gems. Especially if I had paid for them. Technically it's like losing money.
And if for example something happened to my games and I lost them or something, it actually WOULD ruin my Christmas!

nicola_grant
12-24-11, 04:06 PM
Oh yeah, and this has so far happened to me twice on fashion story. Both as soon as I got to 25 gems. If it wasn't for that, I would have actually bought gems on fashion story this weeks... But I'm not chancing it. Its just too easy to press that button and I'd only end is wasting any gems I did buy.

sourlicorice2
12-24-11, 04:11 PM

This is totally uncalled for!

143Blue
12-24-11, 04:19 PM
Oh yeah, and this has so far happened to me twice on fashion story. Both as soon as I got to 25 gems. If it wasn't for that, I would have actually bought gems on fashion story this weeks... But I'm not chancing it. Its just too easy to press that button and I'd only end is wasting any gems I did buy.

yep thts why wen i get gems i try to stay away frm the catalog and spend it all at once so i dont lose any..

FlameyHawk
12-24-11, 05:13 PM
I feel so bad :(
If only I could help people who get there gems taken away :(

Hope you have a great christmas and have a fun time with family!
:D

snubbly
12-25-11, 06:34 AM
I'm sorry. It's so aggravating! I got an itunes gift card for christmas and 15 gems were blown accidentally on fashion story. Finished an item and a 3rd boutique door that wasn't needed. Stupid mistakes... I decided to sell the 3rd door back, thinking I'd get some decent coins and I only got 500 D:

You should be able to sell back your gem items for the gems you paid, or at least half of them.

ilovecooper14
12-25-11, 06:40 AM

This was really un called for. When we spend real money on a game and it just disappears just like that, of course we get upset.
Please respect the OP.

mimidori
12-25-11, 07:07 AM
Tristybeary just lost his 24 gems today! This was his second time. Strangely we are feeling a little happier about this by reading this thread. I myself have never wrong clicked a box, unbelievable!

barleycoon
12-25-11, 08:32 AM
Please everyone I really don't want this thread to become heated, ( no I'm not a moderator, I'm just concerned that no ones gets hurt in anyway). Thank you.

kooky panda
12-25-11, 09:17 AM
I've been diligently playing and saving up my gems for a shoe display, doing goals and everything. I was up to 33 gems today, oh so close. Guess what? I'm suddenly down to 8 gems, and got one extra slot.

Nicely done TL, it was a seamless trap. This was the second time it happened to me. Fooled me once, shame on you; fooled me twice, shame on me.

Guess I'm not made for this game, so I'm not wasting any more time on it now although I'm above level 80. Hope you're happy TL!

I hope you continue to play, I know how frustrating it is to lose gems when you are saving for something special.

The game means different things to different players, and to some, losing gems is not big thing, to others, these games are a big part of their lives. I also may get a little too involved with my games
and get really upset over things that other people feel should not be important,(like setting my alarm to get my goal requests out on time.. lol)

Also sometimes remember posting on a thread may come out differently then what someone actually means.

I hope everyone has a great holiday and enjoys time with their family and friends today.

nmishii
12-25-11, 11:44 AM
I hope you continue to play, I know how frustrating it is to lose gems when you are saving for something special.

The game means different things to different players, and to some, losing gems is not big thing, to others, these games are a big part of their lives. I also may get a little too involved with my games
and get really upset over things that other people feel should not be important,(like setting my alarm to get my goal requests out on time.. lol)

Also sometimes remember posting on a thread may come out differently then what someone actually means.

I hope everyone has a great holiday and enjoys time with their family and friends today.

Sometimes its not the actual loss of the gems that get you. Its knowing that you fell into a gem trap that keeps sucking the gems from many players, thinking its there intentionally and knowing that TL is not doing anything to fix it despite all the complaints by its victims. And then giving up on getting what you are saving for because you're not going to cave in and spend the $5 to replace those lost gems because that is what TL wants you to do.

I don't want to turn this thread into another thread complaining about gem traps, but just wanted to clarify a little more on what might get people upset about losing gems.

For me, using a separate alarm never really worked. I plant forget-me-nots in Farm now and use that as a timer.

xSnowyOwlx
12-25-11, 12:48 PM

I don't see why it's considered harsh by you. I was trying to communicate to her that she shouldn't let something like this "ruin her Christmas Eve".

I actually truly DO feel bad for people who get down about stuff like this. I have gotten bad things in my games of all kinds - not just these games - and while it is irritating I don't let it ruin anything in my life. When she said her Christmas Eve was ruined because of this, I did feel sorry for her only because she let herself believe that her day was ruined. Here's what I consider to be ruining of any day: someone ****s someone close to you, somebody attacks you, etc. Something that really does effect the life. Not a game.

xSnowyOwlx
12-25-11, 12:55 PM
I will voice my opinion here as all of you have a right to do so in turn. Based on how many people find my comment "uncalled for", I realize TL has many players who have become obsessed with these games to the point they can't live without them.

I truly feel sorry for all of you. You can say what you want to me, but if you let something like this control how your outlook on life is, I just hope someday you realize it's not worth it.

Despite complaints about falling for "traps", you keep paying into them. Are all these virtual decorations really worth the amount of money you pay?

I remember back in the summer someone made a thread to post the most "outrageous" stores in various games and somebody joked "or, maybe it should be called "what can you do with "x" amount of money instead of paying rent?".

Seriously? You'd rather pay TL instead of having a roof over your head?

casadolce
12-25-11, 03:28 PM
Sometimes its not the actual loss of the gems that get you. Its knowing that you fell into a gem trap that keeps sucking the gems from many players, thinking its there intentionally and knowing that TL is not doing anything to fix it despite all the complaints by its victims. And then giving up on getting what you are saving for because you're not going to cave in and spend the $5 to replace those lost gems because that is what TL wants you to do.

I don't want to turn this thread into another thread complaining about gem traps, but just wanted to clarify a little more on what might get people upset about losing gems.

For me, using a separate alarm never really worked. I plant forget-me-nots in Farm now and use that as a timer.

Well said nmishii. Money is not an issue for me. It's the sense of being betrayed and deceited. I like to work towards something, it gives me a sense of achievement in the game. I can buy lots and lots of gems and buy all the items to decorate my store the way I want, but then it'll be game over. I'd rather work for the gems, and give the money to an animal rescue group. Although I must admit that I have spent real money in fashion before, voluntarily.

I have lost coins and gems in other ways due to my own carelessness, but this was different.

I'm still playing the game sporadically because I really like my neighbors, but the passion towards the game is no longer there.

Anywhere, having a great holidays so far! Hope you all are too!

xokay
12-25-11, 04:11 PM
Well, let's move on. I don't think anyone was trying to be offensive either way. I hope you stay with the games, casadolce, and I'm sorry you've experienced a gem trap. It's so frustrating when you're working towards a goal and then fall into one of those. Unfortunately, we've all gotten through it.

Happy holidays everybody!

driftboutique
12-25-11, 05:04 PM
I don't see why it's considered harsh by you. I was trying to communicate to her that she shouldn't let something like this "ruin her Christmas Eve".

I actually truly DO feel bad for people who get down about stuff like this. I have gotten bad things in my games of all kinds - not just these games - and while it is irritating I don't let it ruin anything in my life. When she said her Christmas Eve was ruined because of this, I did feel sorry for her only because she let herself believe that her day was ruined. Here's what I consider to be ruining of any day: someone ****s someone close to you, somebody attacks you, etc. Something that really does effect the life. Not a game.

It's not your place to tell anyone what their priorities should be and it is condescending and insulting for you to do so. I found your comment offensive because it demonstrated a lack of compassion and human kindness, not because of anything to do with the game.

I pay my rent just fine, thanks. And before you tell me I ought to give my gem budget to charity, let me assure you that I already give generously, but that even if I didn't, it's frankly not your concern.

xokay
12-25-11, 05:20 PM
Let's not take this any further, okay? It's the holidays :)

driftboutique
12-25-11, 05:46 PM
Let's not take this any further, okay? It's the holidays :)

Sorry. Being quiet now.

Merry Christmas and happy Hannukah, everybody!

sourlicorice2
12-25-11, 07:38 PM
It's not your place to tell anyone what their priorities should be and it is condescending and insulting for you to do so. I found your comment offensive because it demonstrated a lack of compassion and human kindness, not because of anything to do with the game.

I pay my rent just fine, thanks. And before you tell me I ought to give my gem budget to charity, let me assure you that I already give generously, but that even if I didn't, it's frankly not your concern.

Well said :-). Have a great New Year everyone :-)