PDA

View Full Version : Your pets at Christmas time

pinkster73
12-23-11, 09:17 AM
My husband thinks I'm crazy because my kitties receive Christmas presents. They also give presents to people too. Anyone else's pets get in the Christmas spirit?

kattybell
12-23-11, 09:22 AM
My Pomerania Tinkerbell, got her haircut last week and got dressed up in Santa Claus outfit, so cute! I get my cats and dogs presents. They're my family too. :)

JuniperFruit
12-23-11, 09:27 AM
Today I bought my crab Marvin some very expensive frozen brine shrimp (his favorite treat) and some new plants for his aquarium for Christmas. My husband thinks I'm pretty crazy. But I never thought of giving gifts to people from my pets, that's a really cute idea! What kind of gifts did you get your kitties this year?

kattybell
12-23-11, 09:29 AM
Pomeranian, lol.. That is a cute idea, I never thought of giving gifts from my pets.

pinkster73
12-23-11, 09:55 AM
My kitties give my kids the not cool presents like socks and underwear, and chocolates

ilovecooper14
12-23-11, 10:12 AM
My chihuahua gets a squeak toy because she loves speaking it in my other dog's ear. Haha. It's funny to watch ;)

sumnboutme
12-23-11, 10:21 AM
My doggie received some early presents this year from my mom and friends - an elf costume (which he hates, lol), a tee, and treats....but he doesnt give anyone presents :p

ilovecooper14
12-23-11, 11:27 AM
My chihuahua gets a squeak toy because she loves squeaking it in my other dog's ear. Haha. It's funny to watch ;)

Edit.^⬆^ "Speaking" should be "squeaking"

pinkster73
12-23-11, 11:48 AM
Ha ha someone voted its ridiculous

nmishii
12-23-11, 11:52 AM
I no longer have pets as of this summer when my cat went to cat heaven. But they used to give and receive gifts. They gave the cool presents to kids that parents would rather they not have, especially my cat Alex. Once my sister-in-law told her young kids they could open one gift on Christmas Eve and my nephew went to the tree and said, "Where's the gift from Alex?"

pinkster73
12-23-11, 12:32 PM
I no longer have pets as of this summer when my cat went to cat heaven. But they used to give and receive gifts. They gave the cool presents to kids that parents would rather they not have, especially my cat Alex. Once my sister-in-law told her young kids they could open one gift on Christmas Eve and my nephew went to the tree and said, "Where's the gift from Alex?"

Aww so cute!

viviansmo
12-23-11, 01:07 PM
Of course! The cats get sardines (the real kind) and give sardines (the chocolate kind). Only this year after four stores, they gave up on the chocolate sardines. Couldn't find 'em anywhere. ��

monkey51500
01-07-12, 05:36 PM
Edit.^⬆^ "Speaking" should be "squeaking"

Ha Ha lol thats funny :)

LCAHEARTS
01-15-12, 11:28 PM
I have two beagles, Evan and Bella! They are both 4 years old :)

They give gifts for birthdays and Christmas. They also receive on their birthdays and on Christmas [to and from each other as well]. LOL. I am lucky in that my fiance looooooooves to do it with me. We do silly gifts though. For example this Christmas we went to my parents home. Evan bought my Dad lint rollers because my Dad likes to wear black and they shed a bit. Bella got my brother doggie treats. The point was for him to open them for her. LOL. I get creative like that. I love it, live for it.

PattyZhangp
01-22-12, 04:48 PM
I got my fish a bamboo plant and they gave to me by keeping it alive and taking up space on my desk :)

atlantisonearth
01-22-12, 06:25 PM
My fishies get a good tank cleaning ;) My gift to them is usually a new creature... I keep my amphibians in one tank and my fish in the other.

(I am an aquatic medic and scientist :))

atlantisonearth
01-22-12, 06:28 PM

I am really sorry. In 2009 I lost both of my dogs to lung cancer. I loved them so much and I would do almost anything to get them back. They always used to get embarrassing Christmas sweaters :o

pinkster73
01-22-12, 06:33 PM
I am really sorry. In 2009 I lost both of my dogs to lung cancer. I loved them so much and I would do almost anything to get them back. They always used to get embarrassing Christmas sweaters :o

This year my kitties bought my Mom's dogs those snuggies for dogs.

Do you happen to know how long zebra danios live for?

atlantisonearth
01-22-12, 08:37 PM
This year my kitties bought my Mom's dogs those snuggies for dogs.

Do you happen to know how long zebra danios live for?

I have three of them (but genetically modified... I do not approve of unnaturally changing their genes)!! They live for about 5 years

pinkster73
01-23-12, 06:55 PM
I have three of them (but genetically modified... I do not approve of unnaturally changing their genes)!! They live for about 5 years

That's long for fishies isn't it? Mine are 5 now. Just wondering how much longer.... :p

atlantisonearth
01-23-12, 07:07 PM
That's long for fishies isn't it? Mine are 5 now. Just wondering how much longer.... :p

Quite long! It mostly depends on the space in your aquarium and the food type; and if your fish are in a community tank.

Dont get me wrong... my department (for my job) does not specialize in Genetically Modifying Organisms. We rehabilitate and surse animals back to health and release them back to the wild.

atlantisonearth
01-23-12, 07:07 PM
*nurse... (ten)

pinkster73
01-23-12, 07:14 PM
Quite long! It mostly depends on the space in your aquarium and the food type; and if your fish are in a community tank.

Dont get me wrong... my department (for my job) does not specialize in Genetically Modifying Organisms. We rehabilitate and surse animals back to health and release them back to the wild.

Interesting! I used to work at the humane society and sometimes people brought in injured wildlife (not fishies though) and we would take them to Alberta Wildlife Rehabilitation to get "sursed" and released. I sursed the domestic animals. That's why I have 6 special needs kitties now.

pikkiboutique
01-27-12, 06:48 AM
My cats send Christmas cards to others and get gifts for my friends' dogs and cats. They in turn get cat treats in their stockings and cat toys, which they then turn around and play with the wrapping paper and empty boxes like children. Yes, my child is away at college and all grown up. Hello, replacement!

guineapiggy4321
02-04-12, 05:18 AM
My guinea pigs get the gifts, but it's a bit hard for them to give them.