PDA

View Full Version : The Great Farm Update Date: December 23!

bawpotter
12-22-11, 07:23 PM
Well, it's almost here! The Great Farm Update Date! It's finally Christmas here at the forums, and I personally woudl like to wish everbody a Happy and Healthy Holiday! TL is givign us the rest of the Holiday content, and GM is teasing us with it! This week, we have a new teaser for the Gingerbread Cow!

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/NormantheFarmer/xmas_tease_gingercow.png

While the cows are being frosted, let's talk about our hopes.

1. A new crop!
2. Coin Content!
3. A 40% Off Gem Sale!

In the mean time, let's all get ready for The Great Update Date!

MiniLaura
12-22-11, 08:41 PM
White poinsettias and snowdrops, I hope!

pinkster73
12-22-11, 08:46 PM
White poinsettias and snowdrops, I hope!

Ones that aren't ugly and too small I hope

imberyo11
12-22-11, 09:12 PM
My wish is that tl can resolve the gift giving/receiving glitches on time

hectorloch
12-23-11, 03:32 AM
Last chance for a turkey. Sissy and the FPGC await news anxiously :)

MiniLaura
12-23-11, 08:00 AM
Ones that aren't ugly and too small I hope
The red poinsettias are pretty and nicely-sized. Hopefully, the white ones are identical except for the color. I think the snowdrops might have potential for a burial ceremony. However, if the screen shots in the app store are correct, both these flowers are for coins.

sissy8
12-23-11, 08:05 AM
Last chance for a turkey. Sissy and the FPGC await news anxiously
fingers crossed hector:):)

hectorloch
12-23-11, 12:05 PM
No turkey.

Offer is Gingerbread Barn 56 gems
The white poinsettia - 36 hrs 160 coins 2xp
Gingerbread Cutout Animals - pig, 15000 coins, cow 18 gems
Street Lamp (who's got a street ?) 20 gems

pinkster73
12-23-11, 12:26 PM
I love the street sign. I got one. It matches well with my peasant cottage

pinkster73
12-23-11, 12:27 PM
And where are red pointsettas and snowdrops? I don't see them

MiniLaura
12-23-11, 12:42 PM
Red poinsettias are a goal crop, so not for android :(
Snowdrops were shown in screen caps in the app store, but have not shown up in the game.

nmishii
12-23-11, 12:48 PM
I got the white poinsettias and some coin and gem decorations.

nmishii
12-23-11, 02:01 PM
The red poinsettias are pretty and nicely-sized. Hopefully, the white ones are identical except for the color. I think the snowdrops might have potential for a burial ceremony. However, if the screen shots in the app store are correct, both these flowers are for coins.

They might release the snowdrops next week. Its not Christmas-y.

JennysPieFarm
12-23-11, 02:15 PM
Can someone help me please? I'm on an android device, just got the update, now I need the instructions that didn't come with the update. Why are there collectables? I see them going into my file, but what am I supposed to DO with them and how do I collect the ones that are shaded? Can someone please walk me through the expectations for these collectables? I'm on level 65 but this update brings unknown territory and I could use some direction. Thanks everyone.

nmishii
12-23-11, 02:17 PM
Can someone help me please? I'm on an android device, just got the update, now I need the instructions that didn't come with the update. Why are there collectables? I see them going into my file, but what am I supposed to DO with them and how do I collect the ones that are shaded? Can someone please walk me through the expectations for these collectables? I'm on level 65 but this update brings unknown territory and I could use some direction. Thanks everyone.

Here's the list of collectables. There are recent threads that discuss collectables due to the recent Android release. Do a search on collectables or Android to find the threads.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18281-LIST-COLLECTIBLES-How-to-get-them-in-Farm-Restaurant-and-Bakery-Stories.&highlight=collectables

myweedpatch
12-24-11, 12:50 AM
Snow drops?????

hectorloch
12-24-11, 02:16 AM
Snow drops?????

Next week, maybe - and cold turkey ?

MiniLaura
12-24-11, 09:15 AM
Snow drops?????

From another thread:

Here are the pictures:

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/2011HolidayFarm/4e5bb346.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/2011HolidayFarm/35e4ed4e.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/2011HolidayFarm/b141feae.jpg

pinkster73
12-24-11, 09:37 AM
What?! I want snow drops! They were MY idea in the suggestion thread! Oh the terrible injustice of it all! (I feel melodramatic today) :)

pinkster73
12-24-11, 09:39 AM
Oh wait a minute. I just had a closer look. The snow drops are ugly and too small. Nevermind.

Why don't the flower artists understand that we should not still be able to see the plow lines after they bloom?

MiniLaura
12-24-11, 11:52 AM
What?! I want snow drops! They were MY idea in the suggestion thread! Oh the terrible injustice of it all! (I feel melodramatic today) :)

First of all, no one has snowdrops. Those are screen captures from the app store.

Oh wait a minute. I just had a closer look. The snow drops are ugly and too small. Nevermind.

Why don't the flower artists understand that we should not still be able to see the plow lines after they bloom?

Secondly, I've said repeatedly that the were ugly and small. They probably made them that way because you requested them. :) (But to be realistic, snowdrops ARE very small flowers)

87642andme
12-24-11, 12:45 PM
My gems are only 20% off....I thought it was 40?

pinkster73
12-24-11, 12:51 PM
First of all, no one has snowdrops. Those are screen captures from the app store.

Secondly, I've said repeatedly that the were ugly and small. They probably made them that way because you requested them. :) (But to be realistic, snowdrops ARE very small flowers)

Sigh, I know you repeatedly said they were ugly and too small. I guess I had a major case of denial going on. That or I'm cracking up from Christmas stress :p

pinkster73
12-24-11, 12:52 PM
My gems are only 20% off....I thought it was 40?

Umm what makes you think it was supposed to be 40%? I have 20% too

Limaxa
12-27-11, 07:17 AM
I Love the gingerbread cow... sooo cute :)

87642andme
12-27-11, 10:25 AM
Umm what makes you think it was supposed to be 40%? I have 20% too

Ref to first post of this thread for the great update it clearly states 40% off gems

pinkster73
12-27-11, 10:59 AM
Ref to first post of this thread for the great update it clearly states 40% off gems

No, it clearly states that the poster of this thread HOPES for a 40% sale. The first post is what bawpotter hopes for, not what is coming in the update.

MiniLaura
12-27-11, 01:24 PM
No, it clearly states that the poster of this thread HOPES for a 40% sale. The first post is what bawpotter hopes for, not what is coming in the update.

bawpotter: This is not the first time someone has been confused about your hopes being fact. I think we all always hope for a 40% off sale. Perhaps you could leave this off in future threads. It just causes disgruntlement amongst people who think they have been *****ed out of a sale that never occurred.

momsserenity
12-29-11, 02:06 PM
bawpotter: This is not the first time someone has been confused about your hopes being fact. I think we all always hope for a 40% off sale. Perhaps you could leave this off in future threads. It just causes disgruntlement amongst people who think they have been *****ed out of a sale that never occurred.

There WAS a 40% gem sale. Unfortunately I wasn't offered any sale on either of my farms��But it def was. 40% as it WAS offered to my husbands farm. Same type of device as mine too! Talk about injustice. He could care less & I've been waiting for it so can get polar bear from goals!!

pinkster73
12-29-11, 02:40 PM
There WAS a 40% gem sale. Unfortunately I wasn't offered any sale on either of my farms��But it def was. 40% as it WAS offered to my husbands farm. Same type of device as mine too! Talk about injustice. He could care less & I've been waiting for it so can get polar bear from goals!!

The sales are another thing TL offers randomly. I don't understand this business practice.

MiniLaura
12-29-11, 03:18 PM

I know there was a 40% sale. But that sale showed up on 12/26. The post complaining that there wasn't a 40% sale was written on 12/24. At that time, the person was confused as to why it was only a 20% sale when bawpotter "said" that it was going to be a 40% sale.

momsserenity
12-30-11, 07:55 AM
The sales are another thing TL offers randomly. I don't understand this business practice.

I'm not understanding a lot of what they've been doing😢They're turning our beautiful games into a stressful place😢As my farm name states-it WAS my Serenity. As a stay at home Mom of 5, was always grateful to Storm8 for giving me the opportunity to have met so many wonderful ppl from around the globe😍Haha!think I've learned more about geography & what's going on out there from vamping & farming then I ever did/could from school or the news. And getting the what's going on-right now from the ppl themselves, not someone else looking in. I've spent hundreds on gems😢and after spending $10 to get virtual barn, I felt so guilty😢Not because I couldn't afford it, but because it has no value whatsoever to anyone but TL. I wouldn't buy gems at all fr the longest time,but was so grateful to TL I started to as a thank you. Now...after barn thing... I refuse to buy when not on sale😱Anyways, thx 4 letting me vent those thoughts😊Have a wonderful day💗