PDA

View Full Version : The Great Update Date: December 23!

bawpotter
12-22-11, 07:02 PM
Well, it's almost here! The Great RS Update Date! It's finally Christmas! Just two more days! TL is throwing the rest of the holiday content out at us, and it is some pretty awesome stuff! Before we look at our teasers, I would personally like to wish everybody a very Happy Holiday! Teaser-wise, GM gave us a wonderful new machine, the Holiday Drink Machine, and it may come with some new recipes!

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/NormantheFarmer/xmas_tease_drink.png

Lets talk about our hopes for the week.

1. More new goals!
2. Coin Content!
3. A 40% Off Gem Sale!

In the mean time, let's all get ready for The Great Update Date!

marrrina
12-22-11, 08:02 PM
More goooals?1 just when I thought I was finally at the end :) I'm glad there will be new ones though, but I hope they are a bit more reasonable; no more "30 Grilled Cheese" tasks.

Cutie4life900
12-22-11, 10:50 PM
Is this going to be available for android? Or is this another thing we are screwed out of?

luckygirl101
12-22-11, 11:20 PM
More goooals?1 just when I thought I was finally at the end :) I'm glad there will be new ones though, but I hope they are a bit more reasonable; no more "30 Grilled Cheese" tasks.

I love the goals! they keep me working :) but I agree no more 30 grilled cheese. great update! cant wait!

Faufiffon
12-23-11, 04:46 AM
Is this going to be available for android? Or is this another thing we are screwed out of?

Same question here (although I am very happy with the last update, there are still a lot of things missing on Android).

knuddii
12-23-11, 08:23 AM
Can you Tell me on which Day the Update come. I'm still waiting.

ultrafrog
12-23-11, 09:42 AM
Holiday drink machine.. call me a grinch but that's just another way for TL to make money. With all the parts we are requesting now with 2 new appliances that only have 1 recipe and all the goals, I feel like they are pushing players towards spending gems to get parts..

Why can't the holiday drink recipes simply be added to the drink machine? The drink machine already requires a ton of parts to build but now another drink machine is being added. I hope it has more than 1 recipe available...

Also how long will the holiday drink machine be available for? Won't it also be taken away along with the rest of the holiday items?

It also puts a lot of players in a crunch with being only able to accept 20 materials a day.

Players want to build Turducken oven, chestnut roaster and to be able to request parts for each step of the quests. Now we need to get parts for drink machine too.

JoJosBakersDelite
12-23-11, 10:43 AM
I for one can't wait for the new drink machine (hopefully both platforms get it!) Most of my neighbors have been sending parts for the turducken oven and roaster which is not available for android, so I have a lot of parts stored! I bet I can build at least 4 new drink machines instantly lol!!!

iusedtobedigusr
12-23-11, 10:48 AM
LOL they need to release goals at a given time, Hell the new ads and ways to screw players seem to get into games without a hitch!!!

iusedtobedigusr
12-23-11, 10:51 AM
Edit: the supposed weekly updates need to be released. Get a Teaser then wait all day if on first roll out. Seems the Billboards and ads seem to work right away. Hmmm some 5things just so much easier I guess.

bawpotter
12-23-11, 01:29 PM
New Content:

-Holiday Drink Machine: Requires 10 Motor, 5 Fuse, 10 Spring, 5 Nozzle

I don't have enough motors, so I don't knwo the recipes. That is all I see for now.

kattybell
12-23-11, 01:32 PM
Spiced egg hog, 6 hrs. Holiday smoothie, 12 hrs.

kattybell
12-23-11, 01:33 PM
Nog not hog lil.

nmishii
12-23-11, 01:33 PM
Holiday Drink Machine: 10 motors, 10 springs, 5 fuse, 5 nozzle

Spiced Eggnog: 6 hrs, 47 xp, 625 servings, 700 cost, 2500 sell
Holiday Smoothie: 12 hrs, 82 xp, 1450 servings, 1000 cost, 5800 sell

Seems a little difficult to build machines and master both drinks in the next 20 days. Would have been nice to have gotten this earlier in the season.

di1975
12-23-11, 01:54 PM
As long as you have purchased them, and unlocked the recipes before jan 13th, you will still be able to master after that date. You will still have your appliances....you just won't be able to buy more. So, I plan on storing a few appliances and buying mor right before jan 13th removal. Then if it takes me a couple weeks to get parts, I don't care.

Until then, I want to work on mastering the other holiday recipes.

GM also said the recipes we unlock will be around longer. He just didn't say how much longer. But it seems clear to me that the special appliance recipes are linked to owning the appliances.

So, I have stopped worrying about mastering the recipes as much as trying to just unlock all of the ?,?.,?,. Goals...we should not have to rely so much on neighbors when we r limited to 20 request filled a day!

nmishii
12-23-11, 02:15 PM
As long as you have purchased them, and unlocked the recipes before jan 13th, you will still be able to master after that date. You will still have your appliances....you just won't be able to buy more. So, I plan on storing a few appliances and buying mor right before jan 13th removal. Then if it takes me a couple weeks to get parts, I don't care.

Until then, I want to work on mastering the other holiday recipes.

GM also said the recipes we unlock will be around longer. He just didn't say how much longer. But it seems clear to me that the special appliance recipes are linked to owning the appliances.

So, I have stopped worrying about mastering the recipes as much as trying to just unlock all of the ?,?.,?,. Goals...we should not have to rely so much on neighbors when we r limited to 20 request filled a day!

The drinks for the holiday drink machine are not goal drinks and are not unlocked. So the way I read it they will be removed on Jan 13th unless GM states otherwise.

If it is true the recipes won't go away, you have a good idea in buying additional constructables. Thanks.

ultrafrog
12-23-11, 02:21 PM
I think I interpreted it as recipes from the holiday appliances stay with the appliance and won't be removed.

Otherwise we'd have Turkey fryers with no turkeys and chestnut roasters with no nuts :( It wouldn't make sense to have appliances that do nothing..

nmishii
12-23-11, 02:27 PM
I think I interpreted it as recipes from the holiday appliances stay with the appliance and won't be removed.

Otherwise we'd have Turkey fryers with no turkeys and chestnut roasters with no nuts :( It wouldn't make sense to have appliances that do nothing..

And when does making sense have anything to do with TL games? :p:p:p

It would be nice if the recipes stayed around longer. But I'd like to hear it from TL.

gamergl
12-23-11, 05:18 PM
It would be nice if, in one of these updates, the gifting and materials requests can be fixed before rolling out new goals/features. I don't want to be forced to gfit ALL of my neighbours all the time. Also I just tried to request materials from only 2 neighbours, so I tediously went through and de-selected all of the others, but yet it looks like the request still went through to ALL of them, because the message said all but 37 recieved the request even though they were DE-selected.

When can we see these things fixed? I would much rather play the game with the bugs ironed out before more quests, snowmen, and appliances are introduced.

Cutie4life900
12-23-11, 07:17 PM
When will android recieve the drink.machines update? Havnt gotten it.. And its like a day and a half till christmas......

Mindslicer
12-23-11, 08:54 PM
When will android recieve the drink.machines update? Havnt gotten it.. And its like a day and a half till christmas......

I got the update for both drink machines and I have android. Try to manually update RS from the market place

nmishii
12-23-11, 09:21 PM

Updates roll out on Fri and Tues. If u don't see it in your appliance tab, it'll be there on tues

12-23-11, 09:29 PM
Holiday drink machine.. call me a grinch but that's just another way for TL to make money. With all the parts we are requesting now with 2 new appliances that only have 1 recipe and all the goals, I feel like they are pushing players towards spending gems to get parts...

Totally agree with you on this statement!*

The way I see it is that you will be seeing more and more machines to build just to get that one or two recipes, not mentioning long hours recipes with tight deadline to master. One miserable dollar worth of gems (4 gems) for those who mastered in time unless the recipes stay not just a bit longer than Jan 13. You build one or ten machines just to have the recipes removed is very lame. TL had already done so many times removing recipes from core appliances without prior notice and if this constructible drink machine is going down the same route with other seasonal recipes then this is lamest of lame. Lol

I'm speculating here, if TL is going to give us new recipes without building new machines most likely those recipes would tight in with goal features...to unlock. And just maybe one or three new recipes throw into core appliances to bait us to build new machines.

TL is in need to make us to spend that's without a doubt...at any angle I look at it. And with the never ending bugs and abrasive ads, I wonder how long before many just give up playing. I know for a fact that many stories users I know have already zipped up their wallets and soon goodbye, me included.*

I'd spent way more than enough to play but I won't be chasing something that don't yield any great or equal ROI. One to two dollars worth of gems isn't going to motivate me to play for long. The game has becoming more like stress inducer than stress releaser.*

I'm just glad that there are more and more new app publishers coming into this lucrative market and they are happy to hear our feedbacks. Not all but many of those apps are charging way lower than TL games and you aren't pressured into buying or spending money just to play. Furthermore, some games throw in gems every few days without having you to do anything besides than logging in or do very simple tasks...and yet they aren't losing money. How do I know? They are always at the top 10 if not top 50 in the grossing chart in iTunes.*

Guess who will be bringing their wallets to them? Those with extra cash to spare of course. And those with minimum cash flow might unzip a little bit one day if the apps don't give them grief. Generally players are appreciative, and if they really can't spare that little bit and yet continuing playing they are more likely to help app publishers to market the app to their friends and relatives. Who knows that some of these might part cash into the games.

Word of mouth is more powerful than abrasive incessant ads, TL!*

12-23-11, 09:54 PM
Goals...we should not have to rely so much on neighbors when we r limited to 20 request filled a day!

In the first place, we shouldn't be replying nbrs on anything to complete whatever tasks or build. We already have to spend so much to expand, build, complete tasks and why do we need to rely so much on others when TL puts a cap of 20 gifts and 20 requests....and not to mention the stupid sent/request all when you specifically send or requested 1 - *10 nbrs.*

Many apps do have the nbrs feature but they are just bonus or incentive to more coin earning not requirement.*

meeezz
12-23-11, 11:14 PM
I have no updates on my RS but i have new updates on my BS.....

keviPad
12-24-11, 01:29 AM
The drinks for the holiday drink machine are not goal drinks and are not unlocked. So the way I read it they will be removed on Jan 13th unless GM states otherwise.

If it is true the recipes won't go away, you have a good idea in buying additional constructables. Thanks.

Yeah, not sure either. I see three (holiday) groups.

1. Xmas recipe: Morning Cheer (snowman pancakes)
2. Goal/Locked recipes
3. Buildable Appliance recipes

Which ones will be removed? Morning Cheer probably. As for the rest. I dont have a clue.

BTW, Dont forget, regular recipes are 'unlocked' as we level up. What do regular recipes say underneath them when they havent been unlocked? Maybe a lower level player can remind us.

My advice. Master morning cheer. As for the others it really is a toss up.

The unlocked recipes are so delicious. How can they remove them.

The single recipe buildables. Probably just remove the purchase of further appliances.

keviPad
12-24-11, 01:34 AM
I have a feeling thats it...

Morning Cheer (snowman pancakes) will be removed.

Purchasing of holiday appliances will be removed.

Unlocked Quest/Goal recipes will stay.

FlameyHawk
12-24-11, 09:13 AM
Very cool!
I will be sure to get this today!

Cutie4life900
12-24-11, 10:52 AM
I HAVNT GOTTEN THE "DEC 23rd" UPDATE! I THINK THIS IS BEYOND UNFAIR, WRONG, THAT PEOPLE HAVE TO WAIT TILL TUES TO GET A XMAS DRINK MACHINE?!!! REALLY??!! 2 DAYS AFTER CHRISTMAS??!! COULDN'T THEY OF THOUGHT ABOUT THIS A WEEK AGO, SO THOSE PEOPLE WHO DID NOT RECIEVE AN UPDATE FRIDAY, COULD OF HAD ONE TUES IN TIME FOR.CHRISTMAS??!!I REMEMBER RECIEVING HALLOWEEN RECIPES AFTER HALLOWEEN AS WELL, WHILE EVERYONE ELSE GOT THEM THE FRIDAY BEFORE! HOW ABOUT NOT WAITING LAST MINUTE TEAM LAVA SO WE ALL HAVE A CHANCE TO RECIEVE IT!!!!!! IM SO PISSED OFF, I HAVE JUST ABOUT HAD IT W TEAM LAVA AND BEING A SECOND PRIORITY ANDROID USER!!!! UGH!!! Won't let this ruin my christmas though, just had to get my frustration out! merry xmas!

pastrychef17
12-24-11, 11:00 AM
I haven't gotten this week's update either and I'm on iphone. So I guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday. In the meantime, I'm amassing as many motors and springs as I can so when I do get the update, I'll be ready to build the holiday drink machine. I'm not letting a game upset me or spoil my Christmas. Sorry to those who are frustrated.

27Redd
12-24-11, 12:45 PM
Does anyone have a pic of the new nutcracker chef in their restaurant the can post?

starstar2
12-25-11, 03:06 AM
Does anyone have a pic of the new nutcracker chef in their restaurant the can post?

Visit my RS to see all the new appliances.

kyora
12-25-11, 07:22 AM
So now the question is will the holiday drink machine be removed on 13th jan as well??If such a case, I think it is unfair for those who hvn't recieve the update to have such limited time to complete the recopes..esp the recipes are 6 and 12 hours long, which will take alot of time to master

imnotbernard959
12-25-11, 09:08 AM
So now the question is will the holiday drink machine be removed on 13th jan as well??If such a case, I think it is unfair for those who hvn't recieve the update to have such limited time to complete the recopes..esp the recipes are 6 and 12 hours long, which will take alot of time to master

i havent received the update either, but you shouldnt worry. the updates should all come out by tuesday night i believe, and if you purchase the drink machine you should still have it after its removed from the store.

bawpotter
12-25-11, 12:21 PM
i havent received the update either, but you shouldnt worry. the updates should all come out by tuesday night i believe, and if you purchase the drink machine you should still have it after its removed from the store.

The Drink Machine shouldn't be removed from the store until at least January 13.

micogal
12-26-11, 09:50 AM
Has anyone else been having constant force close issues since this update? Especially the past few days? I am an android user.

greygull
12-26-11, 11:09 AM
Has anyone else been having constant force close issues since this update? Especially the past few days? I am an android user.

I've been experiencing that as well. For me, I have to click the pop ups that appear before the loading is done, then I can play without incident. If I don't, it force closes. Let us know if that helps.

micogal
12-26-11, 12:19 PM
Thank you. I tried that but it didn't fix me. :( Also a lot of times when I try to visit someone it just sits there and says processing and never goes any further then I have to force close. This is the first time I have ever had any problems with the game. I have been fortunate :)

greygull
12-26-11, 09:48 PM
I did report the force closing. Do you run a task ****er before opening the games? I have Advance Task ****er (free), and have to tap it a couple of times before opening a game.

chance15
12-26-11, 10:21 PM
Can someone please tell me where the stuffing is located? I have bought the turducken machine & I am suppose to do 40 stuffings but I am unable to find it. Did I miss a step?

greygull
12-27-11, 12:41 PM
Can someone please tell me where the stuffing is located? I have bought the turducken machine & I am suppose to do 40 stuffings but I am unable to find it. Did I miss a step?

It's on the oven, on the very last page. It's unlocked by another goal (can't remember which one).

maryindigo
12-27-11, 11:20 PM
Thanks TL for the 40% off sale I was finally able to buy some gems. I love all the new updates for android but haven't been able to send gifts out to my neighbors without my device force closing everytime. Is this an issue that's being worked on or is it just my device? Keep up the good work TL and can't wait to see what else is in the works for this game.