PDA

View Full Version : question to bakery story players! (android players)

joana9311
12-22-11, 04:51 PM
Hey guys, so I was wondering if anybody else is having "connection" problems with the app after the new update? My app was working fine this morning then I updated it and now it wont work. Anybody else having the same problem? :/

nmishii
12-22-11, 05:22 PM
No, Bakery is okay.

I'm having problems with Restaurant Story. Its the only app I can run at one time now. I used to be able to switch between TL games but can't anymore if one of the games is Restaurant Story.

Time for a new phone. Went shopping for one recently but didn't find one I liked with a keyboard.

di1975
12-22-11, 05:39 PM
I'm on iPad but a neighbor is on android and telling me the same thing...

sunnyDreams
12-22-11, 11:12 PM
So is it safe to download?

di1975
12-23-11, 02:04 PM
There was another update to fix bugs. Apparently ok now....from my neighbor

joana9311
12-23-11, 07:13 PM
Yes its working now :) thanks everyone!

joana9311
12-24-11, 09:54 AM
Nevermind, it stopped working...AGAIN -__-

heatherhalls52
12-26-11, 05:35 AM
Hi yes I have also had connection problems before Christmas which seemed to be fixed. But now the day after Christmas. I can't connect at all again. Let's hope they fix it quick!!

200s
12-26-11, 02:20 PM
I cant open today either. All my food is going bad. I did the uninstall reinstall also restarted my phone. No luck.

heatherhalls52
12-30-11, 07:09 AM
Hi Joana. Have you contacted support@teamlava.com about this. I have emailed them and they are looking into it. However the more people who contact them the better. What phone do you have. I have a HTC Legend and I still cannot connect.

kooky panda
12-30-11, 09:01 AM
Hi Joana. Have you contacted support@teamlava.com about this. I have emailed them and they are looking into it. However the more people who contact them the better. What phone do you have. I have a HTC Legend and I still cannot connect.

heather- you cannot get into the game at all? Have you tried restarting? deleting the game and redownloading it from the app store?

Are you playing any other TL games? If so can you get into those games?
What is the current version of your legend? What is the current version of your bakery game?
Have you tried moving your game to your SD Card?

heatherhalls52
01-01-12, 05:36 PM
Hi Kooky. Yes I have tried just about everything apart from restoring to factory settings which I do not think from reading other users issues and attempts will fix the issue.
My phone is a HTC Legend (one year old) which runs Android 2.1 (Eclair). with HTC Sense. I have considered updating the OS to 2.2 but on the HTC forums everyone who has done this seems to have issues with slowness and lag even on texting with this version. I have the same issue with Restaurant Story which I reloaded to try it out.

I certainly like your idea of transferring the game to the SD card but I cannot work out how to do this. I am not sure whether it is supported in Android 2.1? Can you or your engineers answer these questions? If they can tell me I will give it a go. Thanks very much

heatherhalls52
01-01-12, 05:37 PM
PS I have just downloaded Zoo Story (fewer Kb's ) and this will open. Heather

kooky panda
01-01-12, 05:45 PM
I do believe you need at least version 2.2 to be able to transfer to your SD card.
I am not sure if 2.2 will create lags on your specific device.

pinkster73
01-01-12, 06:25 PM
Hi Kooky. Yes I have tried just about everything apart from restoring to factory settings which I do not think from reading other users issues and attempts will fix the issue.
My phone is a HTC Legend (one year old) which runs Android 2.1 (Eclair). with HTC Sense. I have considered updating the OS to 2.2 but on the HTC forums everyone who has done this seems to have issues with slowness and lag even on texting with this version. I have the same issue with Restaurant Story which I reloaded to try it out.

I certainly like your idea of transferring the game to the SD card but I cannot work out how to do this. I am not sure whether it is supported in Android 2.1? Can you or your engineers answer these questions? If they can tell me I will give it a go. Thanks very much

To move things to your SD card if you are able go from your home screen: menu, settings, applications, manage applications, then click the app you want to move, then you will see the move to SD card button.

heatherhalls52
01-03-12, 05:09 PM
Hi Kooky and pinkster thanks for the help. Kooky is right I cannot see the "move to SD card button" on my Android 2.1 version. As I think it is too risky to upgrade to 2.2, I am afraid that I won't be able to play Bakery Story unless the next version is less memory intensive. At least I hope that you get rid of the horrible "Cobbled together" idea. I will keep trying as I love Bakery Story and just spent $$ getting all the Christmas stuff which I can still keep.

I have now tried Zoo Story which is very different. I do not like it as much in part because it is so labour intensive. Also the cost of the better animals eg the Panda is much too expensive. About $20 for a panda this is ridiculous. Would team lava consider giving credits for a panda as a goodwill gesture seeing I have spent so much time and money on Bakery Story for no outcome? Would they consider this Kooky. Or could they consider reducing the cost of animals in Zoo Story 1 especially as there is now Zoo Story 2 which Android users cannot use? The cost of items in Bakery Story is less.

nmishii
01-03-12, 05:25 PM
@heatherhalls52

I looked up the HTC Legend, and you have 384MB RAM. I have 512MB RAM on my phone and moved large apps to my SD card. And I seem to have a memory problem with Restaurant Story with the Dec release. That, and the fact that you can run Zoo Story, indicates a memory problem. Farm Story is another option.

I didn't notice any problems or lags upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2. You might want to go to a phone store for your carrier that has a technical support group and ask them if there are any issues upgrading your specific phone to 2.2. You have a 600 MHz single processor and with the 384 MB memory it may cause lags.

jellypie200
03-17-13, 06:37 AM
Nothing is wrong follow these steps when it happens:
1.close bakery story
2.turn off your device or put it sleep
3. If you turn it off turn it back on if you put it to sleep wait for 5-10 minutes
4. Check your wifi if its on if its on go back to bakery story
5. You are now done it should work now