PDA

View Full Version : Quest: South Pole Quota?? Anyone done yet??

briguynv
12-22-11, 02:45 AM
I just got a new quest South Pole Quota... ANOTHER one requiring a 24 gem item purchase, or 10 to skip... UNACCEPTABLE especially without knowing the prize... too many quests show a recipe, but you don't actually GET that recipe. So if this is what it shows, a "deco" item, I won't be doing this one. I don't even WANT a stupid penguin!! And it's not worth 10 gems unless it's a great recipe that I really want, even though that still only gives me 2 gems back. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

So can anyone tell me what prize you get for completing this quest??

And TL... HORRIBLE choices requiring so many gems. At least on the BS one, it's only 2 gems to skip, that's still ridiculous, but 2 is more acceptable of a loss. But 10 or 24 is just RUDE of you to expect from us! RUDE & INSULTING!

pastrychef17
12-22-11, 10:19 AM
Does this come after the gem requirement to buy the penguin waiter? I never made it past that one because I didn't see the sense in spending 10 or 24 gems to get a 2-gem stuffing recipe. Plus I didn't want to support TL's practice of having a gem requirement for the goals so I stopped there and they can keep their stuffing recipe locked. If there's yet another gem requirement after that, I'm even more glad I didn't do it because it makes even less sense.

sweetsucess
12-22-11, 04:48 PM
Any task or quest that requires the spending of gems is a stop sign. I don't care what recipe, coins or experience will come from completing it.

briguynv
12-22-11, 04:49 PM
The first requirement was a snowman in RS that gave a stuffing recipe... this is later than that, yes a SECOND requirement, a penguin for 24, but the prize "appears" to be a deco item, even worse than a recipe... because you only get ONE of the deco items whereas a recipe you can cook thousands of times.

BS also has a penguin purchase for 20, but they let you skip for 2 gems, which is better, but still disgusting practices in general by TL!

But I know there will be people who WILL complete this because they spend anything... so I'd like to know what the prize is for sure. It shouldn't be a question, it should clearly state WHAT we get if we complete... these mysteries are annoying when we're spending so much, especially gems!

12-23-11, 12:33 AM
The first requirement was a snowman in RS that gave a stuffing recipe... this is later than that, yes a SECOND requirement, a penguin for 24, but the prize "appears" to be a deco item, even worse than a recipe... because you only get ONE of the deco items whereas a recipe you can cook thousands of times.

BS also has a penguin purchase for 20, but they let you skip for 2 gems, which is better, but still disgusting practices in general by TL!

But I know there will be people who WILL complete this because they spend anything... so I'd like to know what the prize is for sure. It shouldn't be a question, it should clearly state WHAT we get if we complete... these mysteries are annoying when we're spending so much, especially gems!

Correction. You CAN'T cook that unlocked dish thousands time because TL will yank it away...and my guess it would be two weeks before the Valentine version. Unless it's one min dish like French toast sure why not a million time if you go without sleep. LOL

There you go, you are so on the money as I see a few of my nbrs busy cooking the stuffing. If they are happy to spend that 10 or 24 gems for that 2 gems worth of recipes, then I'm happy for them too. That being said, and a few times in other threads, by buying ridiculous amount of gems to get that recipes it only encourages TL to be more bogus in future quest features.

pastrychef17
12-23-11, 08:05 AM
That being said, and a few times in other threads, by buying ridiculous amount of gems to get that recipes it only encourages TL to be more bogus in future quest features.

Exactly - actions speak louder than (loud) words. I really can't believe there was a second gem requirement in the same quest. So at a minimum, TL expected people to spend 20 gems to skip the requirements to get 2 recipes = 4 gems and a cuckoo clock in return? Or 48 gems for 2 items, 4 gems, and a cuckoo clock. I'm so not supporting that practice.

mushroom79
12-23-11, 08:16 AM
I just got a new quest South Pole Quota... ANOTHER one requiring a 24 gem item purchase, or 10 to skip... UNACCEPTABLE especially without knowing the prize... too many quests show a recipe, but you don't actually GET that recipe. So if this is what it shows, a "deco" item, I won't be doing this one. I don't even WANT a stupid penguin!! And it's not worth 10 gems unless it's a great recipe that I really want, even though that still only gives me 2 gems back. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

So can anyone tell me what prize you get for completing this quest??

And TL... HORRIBLE choices requiring so many gems. At least on the BS one, it's only 2 gems to skip, that's still ridiculous, but 2 is more acceptable of a loss. But 10 or 24 is just RUDE of you to expect from us! RUDE & INSULTING!

What is most annoying is I ALREADY BOUGHT THE PENGUIN!!! and i heard it doesnt count, I either have to get another or pay 10 gems to skip? And why did I buy the penguin so early? Because I WAS AFRAID TO LOSE GEMS AGAIN IN THOSE GEM TRAPS!!! so once I accumulated 24, I immediately bought it.

12-23-11, 11:31 PM
@ mushroom79

This is truly sickening ya?*

Trust me, not crediting you for the things especially gem items you've bought is so intentional.*

Take Fashion Story for example, there are a few goals that require you to expand and since I'm at my maxed size so all those tasks are checked. How else would I be able complete the quests if they are unchecked when TL knows there isn't any more sizes to expand.*

So do you think it's still the bug? I doubt it.

Come to think about it, I believe some bugs (as we call it) like re-buy n rebuilt appliances for example, are intentional.

briguynv
12-24-11, 02:43 AM
Correction. You CAN'T cook that unlocked dish thousands time because TL will yank it away...and my guess it would be two weeks before the Valentine version. Unless it's one min dish like French toast sure why not a million time if you go without sleep. LOL

There you go, you are so on the money as I see a few of my nbrs busy cooking the stuffing. If they are happy to spend that 10 or 24 gems for that 2 gems worth of recipes, then I'm happy for them too. That being said, and a few times in other threads, by buying ridiculous amount of gems to get that recipes it only encourages TL to be more bogus in future quest features.

Actually DaojinWildfire said when they remove holiday stuff... IF you already unlocked the recipe and the appliance that cooks it, you will get to KEEP it this time. You just can't continue to unlock/build new appliances... example, if you complete the quest that gives you the Candy Cane Cake and you have already built the Candy Cane maker, you get to KEEP cooking the Candy Cane Cake even after they remove it. But if you haven't yet built the candy cane maker when they remove them, you never will. If you don't complete the Stuffing recipe quest prior to them removing holiday stuff, then you'll never get it. If you don't build the new Holiday Drink Machine, you won't get to... but if you have one built, you get to keep it and the recipe inside it. Also, if you built one, that's all you get, you can't go back and build more later.

That's what he said anyway... of course I'm not sure I believe it just yet, until I see it with my own eyes!

As for this one... I would just love to KNOW what the reward is on this one... I can't make out the image at ALL... and I'm curious... but NOT curious enough to spend 24 gems! So I wish someone that HAD completed it... OR TL themselves... would tell us what that reward is!

mushroom79
12-26-11, 12:19 AM
for me, i have decided to stop the RS and Farm goals. For RS, I dont intend to pay 10 gems to skip the snowman waiter neither do I want to get it for 24 gems. TL should have just put the goal as "spend 24 gems" IF they had really wanted players to spend 24 gems to reach the end point of obtaining the recipes and maybe a cuckoo clock( i heard). At least, that way, we get to choose HOW we want to spend the 24 gems on anything, either a box, a couple of tables and chairs, etc. Then paying to skip should be max 4 gems if we are unlocking only 2 recipes. So at least we could get back the 4 gems if we cook them to mastery.

mushroom79
12-26-11, 12:20 AM
seriously, I am sure TL is just interested in the number of gems spent and bought, not the number of snowmans purchased, so why make us spend 24 gems specifically on a snowman? if it was simply 'spend 24 gems", I really may have considered continuing as there are many nice gem deco around.

ultrafrog
12-26-11, 02:00 AM
Because most of us would have that goal completed already if it was simply spent 24 gems from gem traps. Plus then what would be number of gems required to skip the quest?

Also the amount of gems to skip is different probably because they are gathering data on how often people bypass goals at 10 gems vs 2 gems.

At least holiday fireplace doesn't cost gems to unlock. Would have made more sense if each goal required a gem item instead of one goal requiring two but I'm not complaining

starstar2
12-26-11, 02:50 AM
Because most of us would have that goal completed already if it was simply spent 24 gems from gem traps. Plus then what would be number of gems required to skip the quest?

Also the amount of gems to skip is different probably because they are gathering data on how often people bypass goals at 10 gems vs 2 gems.

At least holiday fireplace doesn't cost gems to unlock. Would have made more sense if each goal required a gem item instead of one goal requiring two but I'm not complaining

Holiday fireplace does need also. The Santa waiter.
The cuckoo clock need the penguin waiter.
Hence both goals need 24 gems each or 10 gems each to skip.

ultrafrog
12-26-11, 03:07 AM
Really? I don't remember spending gems to finish that line of quests

mushroom79
12-26-11, 09:26 AM
Holiday fireplace does need also. The Santa waiter.
The cuckoo clock need the penguin waiter.
Hence both goals need 24 gems each or 10 gems each to skip.

nope. My fireplace did not need gems...or is it because I already have the penguin waiter??

pastrychef17
12-26-11, 09:34 AM
No, I didn't spend any gems for the fireplace. Both gem requirements are for the stuffing, fruitcake and cuckoo clock.

briguynv
12-27-11, 02:39 AM
So this is a cuckoo clock for this one??? That was my original question on this thread!!

Ugh! I wouldn't pay 1 gem for a stupid clock. The stupidest thing to do TL... definitely will NOT be doing this quest. And that means I guess I won't get anything after it either, because I noticed when one quest took longer for me on one device, the one following it only came up after I completed it... so it doesn't come up unless you complete THAT quest... they seem to be in piles under each other! So whatever comes after the clock one, I guess I won't get if there is anymore. That sucks!

moratorro
12-27-11, 03:08 AM
No, I didn't spend any gems for the fireplace. Both gem requirements are for the stuffing, fruitcake and cuckoo clock.That's right.
Gems are needed to unlock SNOWMAN GOALS so that you can get Stuffing and Fruitcake recipes (both are unlocked with snowman waiter 'trap').
The next one is the penguin waiter 'trap': but it unlocks only the clock.
Santa's Quest are completely free.