PDA

View Full Version : Anybody unlock the candy cane recipe yet?

pastrychef17
12-21-11, 05:04 PM
I thought I had reached it because I completed one of the goals and got the next set of goals which included: serve 30 candy cane cakes, obtain 10 teaspoons of sugar and serve 4 holiday cupcakes. This is under A Spoonful of Sugar, working towards the mince pie recipe. But on my other quest, "Saving Chilby" which is towards the candy cane recipe, I'm still 4 cinnamon sticks away from completing the goal and waiting on my iOS neighbors to send. So I don't think I've unlocked it yet. All my appliances are cooking something so I can't store one to check. Usually when we unlock a recipe, you get a gift of that food under My Gifts but so far no candy cane gift there.

Anyone get there yet?

marrrina
12-21-11, 05:08 PM
I'm praaactically there. I'm at the goal that says "Make 30 Candy Cane Cakes" but you have to complete all other goals before it to actually unlock the recipe. 7 more sticks of butter and I'll have it unlocked.

pastrychef17
12-21-11, 05:21 PM
Thanks - what else is with the butter goal, i.e. what do we have to do or make? Maybe that's after I get my last remaining 4 cinnamon sticks?

kooky panda
12-21-11, 05:46 PM
I just unlocked the candy cane. It was right after I got all the cinnemon sticks. Cake is a 2 hour receipe.

motherwolf
12-21-11, 05:53 PM
So the only way to use the candy cane maker appliance is to complete all the quests? And to complete all the quests I need to spend gems that I don't currently have? Wish I had known that before I spent 20,000 coins on appliances I won't use.

marrrina
12-21-11, 07:05 PM
Thanks - what else is with the butter goal, i.e. what do we have to do or make? Maybe that's after I get my last remaining 4 cinnamon sticks?

You must visit 5 neighbors and serve 40 Yule logs

mushroom79
12-21-11, 11:29 PM
I just unlocked the candy cane. It was right after I got all the cinnemon sticks. Cake is a 2 hour receipe.

Candy cane is the end recipe for which quest? The snowman one or the santa one? My snowman one is still currently showing the cranberry cider (decidering factor, collecting cinnamon sticks and 30 hot chocolates, 35 yuelogs), santa one is waiting for 10 cupcake holders at reservoir nogs.

pastrychef17
12-21-11, 11:44 PM
Candy cane is the end recipe for which quest? The snowman one or the santa one? My snowman one is still currently showing the cranberry cider (decidering factor, collecting cinnamon sticks and 30 hot chocolates, 35 yuelogs), santa one is waiting for 10 cupcake holders at reservoir nogs.

You can see which quest you're working on by looking at the end picture in the quest. One is mince pie, the other is candy cane cake. You can also see how close you are by looking at the status bar. If it's all colored in, you're working on the last set of goals for that quest.

fangme
12-22-11, 12:02 PM
Thanks for posting. I wanna know as well :)

pastrychef17
12-22-11, 02:58 PM
It doesn't look like I'm ever going to find out. 24 hours later and I'm still waiting on the last 2 cinnamon sticks because the neighbor request bug still isn't fixed and I supposedly can't ask my neighbors for anything since I've already asked them - except that I haven't and they haven't gotten the request from me either. Sigh.

kooky panda
12-22-11, 03:03 PM
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/46a18562.jpghttp://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/8266ac38.jpg

cappa8
12-22-11, 04:16 PM
The new food are so cute. Luv the christmas tree on the cupcake. Marzipan snowman cute.

julia3032
12-22-11, 04:35 PM
It doesn't look like I'm ever going to find out. 24 hours later and I'm still waiting on the last 2 cinnamon sticks because the neighbor request bug still isn't fixed and I supposedly can't ask my neighbors for anything since I've already asked them - except that I haven't and they haven't gotten the request from me either. Sigh.

I can't remember if I saw any cinnamon stick requests from you, but I check at least 4 or 5 times a day for requests from my neighbors and approve them right away. So if I got one from you, I approved it.

pastrychef17
12-22-11, 04:38 PM
I can't remember if I saw any cinnamon stick requests from you, but I check at least 4 or 5 times a day for requests from my neighbors and approve them right away. So if I got one from you, I approved it.

Thanks - I don't think the requests go through but I FINALLY got the last 2 cinnamon sticks I needed (it took 3 days to get 10 sticks) and unlocked the candy cane recipe just now. It's really cute, almost (though not quite :)) worth the pain to get it unlocked. Now just need 9 more sugars to unlock the mince pie. Maybe I'll get them by Christmas, lol.

julia3032
12-22-11, 04:38 PM
Kooky, that candy cane cake is gorgeous! What is the purpose of the Fireplace Oven?

julia3032
12-22-11, 04:40 PM
Thanks - I don't think the requests go through but I FINALLY got the last 2 cinnamon sticks I needed (it took 3 days to get 10 sticks) and unlocked the candy cane recipe just now. It's really cute, almost (though not quite :)) worth the pain to get it unlocked. Now just need 9 more sugars to unlock the mince pie. Maybe I'll get them by Christmas, lol.

I'm a bit behind you...I have all the cinnamon sticks and I'm done with the Yule logs in 8 min. But I still have 27 HC to do. As soon as the Yule logs are done, I'll put all the stoves away and haul out the rest of the drink machines...hopefully I get it done by Christmas Eve!

kooky panda
12-22-11, 06:00 PM
Kooky, that candy cane cake is gorgeous! What is the purpose of the Fireplace Oven?

mainly decoration. (it is not an easy oven) no new receipes on it.

LunaMiya808
12-22-11, 07:36 PM
Finally got it!!

mainly decoration. (it is not an easy oven) no new receipes on it.

Will we be able to keep them after Jan 13? I think they are adorable!

mushroom79
12-22-11, 08:47 PM
what is already bought remains in your store or inventory, Miya, but you will not be able to buy more.

LunaMiya808
12-22-11, 09:34 PM
Thanks so much! Still trying to sort out all the holiday editions info.

cupcakes4cece
12-22-11, 10:10 PM
This quest is driving me nuts. First it reset itself after I had already built my oven. So I had to drop $10,000 to buy another oven and then sell it instead if building it (so it was basically just throwing away money). Now it won't recognize my first batch of the tarts or whatever it is that you have to bake a million of. :-(

duckieduckduck
12-23-11, 04:02 AM
So do we get anything other than the recipe after all the goal???
like in restaurant there a a fireplace gift at the end

pastrychef17
12-23-11, 07:53 AM
So do we get anything other than the recipe after all the goal???
like in restaurant there a a fireplace gift at the end

I don't believe so but I'll be able to confirm when I finally finish the goal in the next couple of hours. Right now I think finishing the quest only unlocks the mince pie and doesn't come with a decoration. In RS, you could see the fireplace as the end goal but in Bakery, it's only the picture of the mince pie.

kooky panda
12-23-11, 08:17 AM
Keep in mind with the candy cane appliance . I know alot of ppl do not want to build more, but one of the last goals for mince pie is the cook 30 of candy cane cake. (2 hrs.)
I am using 6 candy cane appliances, so I am almost done with the last goal.

I have been building one appliance at a time . Just trying the get parts from Nbr directly(not using the request system for appliance parts)

pastrychef17
12-23-11, 09:06 AM
Happy to say I was wrong - there IS a decoration prize after you unlock the mince pie recipe (which is a 1-hour recipe). Decoration is a sleigh and looks quite nice. I just hope there's not a gem requirement for it. First set of goals are to tip, make mince pies and obtain ingredients.

linny001
12-23-11, 09:17 AM
Why is it that Since I already bought the candy cane maker, the quest is still telling me to buy one? I can't move any further, because I am being told to purchase another machine....that I don't want! HELP????? Please????

mushroom79
12-23-11, 09:45 AM
Why is it that Since I already bought the candy cane maker, the quest is still telling me to buy one? I can't move any further, because I am being told to purchase another machine....that I don't want! HELP????? Please????

The best I could think for you is for you to store one of your candy cane maker. Then buy another...not sure if you need to complete building it or you may sell it after you complete the quest...I am not there yet, but this is what I do for items that I already own but have to buy another...(coin items)

gott99
12-23-11, 10:26 AM
To Linny, store away another appliance (oven or drink) and buy the second candy machine for quest portion.
You can then complete building it or sell it (which sells for about 1k, so you lose 9k).

duckieduckduck
12-23-11, 09:55 PM
thx, then i will use my 2 gem to skip the reindeer penguin
I was saving gem for the ginger theme christmas gift, now need to wait even longer...

linny001
12-23-11, 11:34 PM
Thx....will try it....however, I hate to have to spend the 24 gems to open the appliance then have to purchase....even if I store, I have to spend 24 gems to reopen!! that isn't fair.

pastrychef17
12-24-11, 08:00 AM
If you store, you do not have to spend another 24 gems. The point of storing a different appliance is to free up a slot so you can place another candy cane maker. As Kooky said, you will probably want more than 1 when you get to the goal of having to make 30 candy cane cakes.

I just got to the second to the last goal for the sleigh: make 40 holiday cupcakes, obtain 10 measuring cups and make ANOTHER 20 hot chocolates. At this point I hope that means they're going to retire the hot chocolate recipe. If you haven't mastered it by the end of all the goals, you will.

kooky panda
12-24-11, 09:01 AM
Here is the last goal (I think.lol) gingerbread sleigh I think is the prize I will know in about 7 hours if I get all my eggs back this afternoon.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/0c474bee.jpghttp://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/04c4ef6d.jpg

pastrychef17
12-24-11, 09:41 AM
kooky, there are 2 more goals after that one. You can tell because the white bar at the top with the Santa isn't all filled in. I did the goal above and am now on the 40 holiday cupcakes, 20 hot chocolates and obtain 10 measuring cups. That's the middle goal. There should be 1 more after that one THEN we get the sleigh.

mushroom79
12-24-11, 10:49 AM
lol another 20 hot chocolates?! someone better serve Santa and Chilby some sweet ice tea else they will be down with sore throat with all the chocolate soon! There should be a goal to dish out 40 sweet ice tea (at least this recipe is short lol)

marrrina
12-24-11, 11:14 AM
For anyone else who has the Candy Cane oven already unlocked, do you have the issue of never getting notifications when your candy cane cakes are done? I have to keep setting a timer otherwise I'll forget about them.

kooky panda
12-24-11, 03:06 PM
kooky, there are 2 more goals after that one. You can tell because the white bar at the top with the Santa isn't all filled in. I did the goal above and am now on the 40 holiday cupcakes, 20 hot chocolates and obtain 10 measuring cups. That's the middle goal. There should be 1 more after that one THEN we get the sleigh.

Oh that is what I thought... oh well a few more days yet!!!

kooky panda
12-24-11, 03:07 PM
For anyone else who has the Candy Cane oven already unlocked, do you have the issue of never getting notifications when your candy cane cakes are done? I have to keep setting a timer otherwise I'll forget about them.

I think mine is going off. Try restarting your device. Does your notifications go off for other items?

cast1532
12-24-11, 03:13 PM
Will the goals expire on January 13th or just the holiday content?

marrrina
12-24-11, 04:42 PM
I think mine is going off. Try restarting your device. Does your notifications go off for other items?

I've restarted and reinstalled but still don't get them. All of my other foods in Bakery send notifications upon completion though.

tomamito
12-25-11, 12:53 AM
i still cant unlock this recipe..just waiting for my neighbours to give me butter..
already asked for it since yesterday but still havent gotten any..

i want this recipe soo much.. its so cute..

duckieduckduck
12-25-11, 01:59 AM
I really hope TL can extend the time limit
It is really hard for our low level user to cook all those thing!

kooky panda
12-25-11, 06:31 AM
next goal:
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/a219545e.jpg

ilovecooper14
12-25-11, 06:41 AM
next goal:

What's the prize to unlock?

ilovecooper14
12-25-11, 06:42 AM

Nevermind. Just saw it, it's pretty nice. :)
I don't know if I'll be able to get it by the 13th because I don't have too many neighbors. :(

marrrina
12-25-11, 07:21 AM

Not the hot chocolate again -__________-

kooky panda
12-25-11, 09:29 AM
Not the hot chocolate again -__________-

yup, and the holiday cupcakes which take 10 hours. I think this will be a two day goal to complete.

kingkingcookie
12-25-11, 02:02 PM
next goal:

I am on the same goal too, do you know if there is more after this? It is really testing my patience.

julia3032
12-25-11, 02:42 PM
Oh man, how much longer after the butter until you get the candy cane cake recipe???

julia3032
12-25-11, 06:44 PM
Kooky, none of my gingerbread cakes are being recognized! I did a hard close and restarted my IPhone4. (Latest software and update) and it still does not recognize any of the cakes I've made since the new goal came up. I've made 5 of them! Can you help?

MommaLouKC
12-25-11, 10:30 PM
Being an iPad player, I didn't get the goals until 2 weeks after other iOS players. I started with great enthusiasm only to find out on this forum that the goals are leaving Jan 13th. So I have been working feverishly to complete the goals. I just leveled up to the goal that requires the candy cane cake and I can't do anything until I unlock that goal. That means unlocking the current goal I'm on and then unlocking the candy cane cake goal.

I have used some of my gems to level up quicker. I have asked friends to download the game just to send me materials. I have yet to convince my husband to help me out. Needless to say I am not real happy with TL right now. They should have released these goals the day after Thanksgiving (a Friday) to everyone! They have made the goals impossible to complete for players on lower levels. And what's the deal with all the Hot Chocolate. Why didn't TL choose sparkling cider or egg nog?

TL Had a great idea with the goals but the outrageous requirements have overshadowed the fun of this game for me. I can't cook anything else due to working on goals. I've lost sleep serving dishes and starting new ones just to level up. If I didn't have gems invested I would quit. But now I am determined to get that prize T the end of the rainbow.. That sleigh!

I hope TL is planning on releasing goals for Easter on Jan 13th. If they wait too long again, they will lose a dedicated player. I won't waste my time working on the Easter goals. It isn't worth the stress.

mushroom79
12-26-11, 12:08 AM
I really hate this hot chocolate thing. 40x10h cakes is bad enough but why is there so many hot chocolates? i was so annoyed with the 3x30 already and now, 20 more!

mimidori
12-26-11, 12:44 AM
I posted in another thread that my requests have been fixed. Well as for today it's broken again. Checked 1 person, sent to 100, says 197 didn't receive.

gott99
12-26-11, 04:07 AM
I think they should have used the two seasonal recipes instead of hot chocolate...

nidaa007
12-26-11, 05:26 AM
yeah... y only hot chocolate... i m really tired of making hundreds of hot chocolates for these goals..... n most of my counters r filled with hot chocolate.... :(

mushroom79
12-26-11, 08:40 AM
yeah seriously I would rather make 40 cranberry ciders than 20 more hot chocolates! at least the ciders are 2h each!

pastrychef17
12-26-11, 09:31 AM
I agree the hot chocolate was serious over****. If they wanted a longer recipe, they could have at least done cappuccino for higher value servings at 12 hours. I got to the last goal for the sleigh last night: obtain 10 cookie sheets, serve 35 yulelogs and 30 gingerbread cakes.

bunny_foo
12-26-11, 09:40 AM
I agree the hot chocolate was serious over****. If they wanted a longer recipe, they could have at least done cappuccino for higher value servings at 12 hours. I got to the last goal for the sleigh last night: obtain 10 cookie sheets, serve 35 yulelogs and 30 gingerbread cakes.

Congrats! That's a lot of work! I'm still stuck working on unlocking the mince pie recipe. I don't have enough parts for more than 2 candy cane ovens and I didn't want to waste requests asking for parts. I'm not sure if it's worth having more than two anyway since they won't be able to cook anything else after Christmas.

ecxtasy
12-26-11, 05:16 PM
But since the candy can cake was unlocked it should be a recipe we get to keep.

Does anyone know if the marzipan recipe will be gone jan 13th?

sehana
12-26-11, 05:47 PM
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/46a18562.jpghttp://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/8266ac38.jpg
wow you unlocked that quick!!
The candy cane cake is soooo pretty! I want it :(

LunaMiya808
12-26-11, 06:36 PM

But the sleigh is so cute! Glad I kept going.

333sandy
12-26-11, 06:36 PM
Can anyone tell me what the other prize is, besides the sleigh

sunnyDreams
12-26-11, 06:58 PM
How come some of the players are getting their requests and others aren't? Or are you guys using gems to get through these impossible requests?
I requested nothing for days because I was busy. Then I requested butter. I have gotten 4 of the eight I need in the last 2 days. I didn't request anything else. I have wonderful neighbors so it's not their fault, and I sent enough to cover droids not getting the requests. This system is broken for a lot of us. I really wish they would just release the recipes to the androids and the iOS players. Maybe that wouldn't be fair to the tiny group that is actually getting their requests, but the group that is *****ed is not happy.
Plus there is no way I'm spending 75 gems to skip a goal when the goals go on and on. I will not reward TL for thinking up this mess.

julia3032
12-26-11, 08:21 PM
How come some of the players are getting their requests and others aren't? Or are you guys using gems to get through these impossible requests?
I requested nothing for days because I was busy. Then I requested butter. I have gotten 4 of the eight I need in the last 2 days. I didn't request anything else. I have wonderful neighbors so it's not their fault, and I sent enough to cover droids not getting the requests. This system is broken for a lot of us. I really wish they would just release the recipes to the androids and the iOS players. Maybe that wouldn't be fair to the tiny group that is actually getting their requests, but the group that is *****ed is not happy.

Plus there is no way I'm spending 75 gems to skip a goal when the goals go on and on. I will not reward TL for thinking up this mess.

You should get them eventually. It does take several days sometimes...why I don't know. It is a mess and it's not fun. I just want to get through it and get the recipes and prizes I worked hard for.

badger8
12-26-11, 08:27 PM
Can anyone tell me what the other prize is, besides the sleigh

The sleigh is the only prize. The snowman line ends when you unlock the candy cane cake.

pastrychef17
12-26-11, 09:00 PM
You might also want to email support if it's taking longer than 2 days to fill 1 ingredient goal. When it took me almost 3 days to get 10 cinnamon sticks and I knew I hadn't asked for more than I needed but got an error message that made it seem like the request went out to all of my neighbors, I asked support to look into it. I only got an email that they'd look into it but after that things seemed to work better. I finally finished the last goal and got the sleigh tonight. Love it! But I'm glad the goals are done. I didn't mind baking the requirements (except for all those hot chocolates!) but waiting on the ingredients with all the bugs in the goals was the biggest pain.

mimidori
12-26-11, 11:29 PM
The sleigh is the only prize. The snowman line ends when you unlock the candy cane cake.

Aww...why do Fashion and Restaurant get two prizes? The sleigh is super cute though

carabios2
12-27-11, 06:25 AM
I'm frustrated. I've had to add a LOT more neighbors as I send my requests daily. The bug fix isn't fixed yet n even after the 24 hrs are gone it'll tell me I still cannot send. Had I known there was a lot to complete to actually use an oven I spent $$ on, I wouldn't have wasted my time. By the time I MIGHT get all these done, the time will be up and I'll have an incomplete oven. Very, very frustrating.

carguii
12-27-11, 07:47 AM
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l616/Cargui/3ab1711e.jpg

Yes!! The cake looks beautiful!!

kingkingcookie
12-27-11, 08:42 AM
I am on the same goal too, do you know if there is more after this? It is really testing my patience.

O completed the Cheer Factory goal this morning, but could not find the reward anywhere. I forced the app to close, re-open again, I tried to remove and re-sync with iTunes, still nothing. Sigh!!

kooky panda
12-27-11, 09:30 AM

I'm frustrated. I've had to add a LOT more neighbors as I send my requests daily. The bug fix isn't fixed yet n even after the 24 hrs are gone it'll tell me I still cannot send. Had I known there was a lot to complete to actually use an oven I spent $$ on, I wouldn't have wasted my time. By the time I MIGHT get all these done, the time will be up and I'll have an incomplete oven. Very, very frustrating.
If you do not think your requests are going, delete all versions of the bakery games and go and redownload the christmas version only. If still issues, email support@teamlava.com to have them check into your game.

O completed the Cheer Factory goal this morning, but could not find the reward anywhere. I forced the app to close, re-open again, I tried to remove and re-sync with iTunes, still nothing. Sigh!!
There is one more goal after the cheer factory before your can get the sleigh.
I think this is the last goal. (I hope)
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/7fcc18f8.jpg

27Redd
12-27-11, 09:37 AM
Does anyone have a pic of the sleigh in their bakery they can post? :)

LunaMiya808
12-27-11, 09:53 AM
Does anyone have a pic of the sleigh in their bakery they can post? :)

I have the sleigh, but have no idea how to do a picture.

LunaMiya808
12-27-11, 10:00 AM
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i467/LunaMiya808/8a1a7711.jpg

Roxie_
12-27-11, 10:20 AM
Little question: do I really need to spend 20 gems on that penguin in order to get to the goal that unlocks the candy cane recipe? I'm getting confused with al these goals, lol :D

pastrychef17
12-27-11, 10:25 AM
Little question: do I really need to spend 20 gems on that penguin in order to get to the goal that unlocks the candy cane recipe? I'm getting confused with al these goals, lol :D

Skip the goal for 2 gems - you earn them back by mastering the new recipe. That's what I did. I would never spend 20 gems to get a 2-gem recipe, not even for something as cute as the sleigh. But it was nice as a 2-gem goal prize.

sunnyDreams
12-27-11, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=kooky panda;196486]If you do not think your requests are going, delete all versions of the bakery games and go and redownload the christmas version only. If still issues, email support@teamlava.com to have them check into your game.

Thank you for the help. I deleted & reinstalled everything last week & it didn't help, but I'll try again. I won't be emailing support about this.

Roxie_
12-27-11, 10:39 AM
Skip the goal for 2 gems - you earn them back by mastering the new recipe. That's what I did. I would never spend 20 gems to get a 2-gem recipe, not even for something as cute as the sleigh. But it was nice as a 2-gem goal prize.

That sounds a lot better! I guess I'll skip it for two gems. I do like the penguin but not for 20 gems! Thanks for your response!

paniololiz
12-27-11, 09:14 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2070

I finished the cake and thought I would include a pic of the cake whole....more toware the top and a slice that someone is eating. Enjoy! PANIOLOLIZ

nutmeg67
12-28-11, 01:17 PM
To those who've completed the goal:

Can you post exactly what the rest of the steps after the Chillby one is finished? (This is the one with 40 Cranberry Ciders, 20 Yule Logs and 10 Cinnamon sticks). I saw the previous postings, but I can't tell how many more steps we have to complete to get the sleigh.

Thanks!

syrenas
12-28-11, 04:37 PM
I'm in decidering factor now, could anyone tell me the next goal after that? And for the Santa, I'm in march of the reindeer waiting for pie crust to complete, what comes next after finish that goal? Thanks........

badger8
12-28-11, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=nutmeg67;197472]To those who've completed the goal:

Can you post exactly what the rest of the steps after the Chillby one is finished? (This is the one with 40 Cranberry Ciders, 20 Yule Logs and 10 Cinnamon sticks). I saw the previous postings, but I can't tell how many more steps we have to complete to get the sleigh.

#32, 42 and 70 of this thread are pictures of the last steps (posted by Kooky).

chazthephoenix
12-28-11, 10:45 PM
I finished chilly... I think... It disappeared. But I still have locked minced pie

I am Only doing this to get the Santa sleigh. Please let me know if I can still get this. I am just finishing the candy canes...

felicitybliss
12-28-11, 10:52 PM
I finished chilly... I think... It disappeared. But I still have locked minced pie

I am Only doing this to get the Santa sleigh. Please let me know if I can still get this. I am just finishing the candy canes...
The minced pie unlocks under the Santa goal....If my memory is correct, it happens when the goal with the candy cane cakes
finishes. Then, the next goal has 40 mince pie plus other things.....the goal after that is cupcakes and hot chocolate...then, there is a final goal for the sled.

27Redd
12-28-11, 11:06 PM
In the Restaurant there are two end prizes, the clock and fireplace. Is there only one, the sleigh in the Bakery?

kooky panda
12-29-11, 05:40 AM
In the Restaurant there are two end prizes, the clock and fireplace. Is there only one, the sleigh in the Bakery?
yes only one prize in bakery.

kattybell
12-29-11, 07:19 AM
I just finished the chillby to unlock the candy cane cake recipe and now I can't find the cake recipe at all under my recipe book. The goal I have now which is the only one showing is for the minced pie (A spoonful of sugar). Am I missing something?

kattybell
12-29-11, 07:20 AM
I just finished the chillby to unlock the candy cane cake recipe and now I can't find the cake recipe at all under my recipe book. The goal I have now which is the only one showing is for the minced pie (A spoonful of sugar). Am I missing something?

LOL, I have had a blonde moment. It's the candy cane maker... appliance. Disregard please.

cltucker30
12-29-11, 08:11 AM
Not there yet!

I have cleared several goals (about 3 working on 4th) and still have yet to unlock the candy cane yet. I now regret buying this oven or any seasonal oven.

chazthephoenix
12-29-11, 08:51 AM
Ok I understand. Chilly unlocks candy cane. So when I finished chilby, the goal disappeared. Now I made candy canes and I am on to mince pie.

It's the stupid " you have already asked your neighbors" thing that is getting me stuck... Everyday.

How has anyone finished goals?

kooky panda
12-29-11, 11:07 AM
I did finally finish mine.
Make sure that you are not requesting any material items for any appliance through the request system only request goals.

Also what I did was when my time came up to send out requests, I sent out for only 1 item to all my nbrs, I usually had them back within a few hours.

pastrychef17
12-29-11, 11:44 AM
How has anyone finished goals?

I finished a couple of days ago -don't send out ingredient requests to more than 20 neighbors every day and make sure you're only sending to your iOS neighbors since they're the only ones who get the requests and can accept. Once I did that, I actually got the ingredients back faster than I could make all the food, especially all those hot chocolates. And as kooky said, don't send out parts requests if you're building appliances - ask your neighbors to gift you the parts you need instead.

carabelle
12-29-11, 02:06 PM
All these goals should have been started much earlier. I've still not got to the end of them and Christmas has been and gone! It would have been nice to have all these Christmas recipes to actually cook at Christmas not after!!!

DominaRed
12-29-11, 02:09 PM
I'm still working on getting the candy cane cake unlocked, hopefully maybe I can today.

Are the Chocolate Cherry Trifle and the Velvet Cookies going to stay around after the holidays? I really like the Chocolate Cherry Trifle, it looks great, hope we're able to keep it. If not, I want to make a lot of them before I can't make them any more! lol

JulesCafeGems
01-01-12, 07:29 AM
I still can't make candy cane cake recipe. I have the following goals left: Decidering Factor (for cider recipe, only need 12 hot chocolates to finish - I have the cinnamon sticks); Nearly Ready (teddy bear? working on 20 more cheesecakes to finish); A Spoonful of Sugar (for mince pie, I have everything but candy cane cakes because I don't have the recipe); and Ice Cream Expert (looks like a bunch of balloons, need to make 30 chocolate tarts - have everything else).

Which goal specifically unlocks the candy cane recipe? Someone mentioned I should have had it unlocked when I received all of my cinnamon sticks, which I have. Someone else mentioned there should be a picture of it at the end of the goal that unlocks it, but I listed the pictures for each goal above, and there is no picture of candy cane cake for any of them. Unfortunately, I don't remember the pictures associated with the goals I already accomplished. I have one candy cane cake maker, and everytime I have a chance, I store an appliance, place it, and try the recipe - always locked. So I store it again, and work on the other goals.

I'm on iPhone 3G, Bakery Story Christmas (just received an update yesterday, don't know where to find the version). Restarted my device; deleted and reinstalled Bakery Story Christmas (just now). No change.

*Sigh* Can anyone help?

felicitybliss
01-01-12, 07:37 AM
The candy cane recipe unlocks very late--youre almost finished with goals when you finally get it and unlock it....give me a few minutes, I'll find the exact name as I can't remember the specific name. There is a thread that provides this info....

felicitybliss
01-01-12, 07:51 AM
Decidering factor unlocks the candy cane recipe. I can't find the pictures to see how close you are, but it is at the end of that string of goals. A spoonful of sugar goal string eventually leads to the sleigh (you have several more to go that string)..

The new years goals which came out on Friday are nearly ready and ice cream expert.

JulesCafeGems
01-01-12, 08:11 AM
Felicity, you are a gem! Thank you - I have 12 hot chocolates to go and "decidering" will be complete according to the progress bar. There is light at the end of the tunnel! Thank you again - I was getting discouraged.

Have a blessed Sunday!

tminutes
01-01-12, 12:13 PM
Man, I've been working on these goals since they became available to me. I'm only on Meet Your Maker. Sigh--- guess my 3 candy came ovens will never be used

carabios2
01-02-12, 11:10 AM
Update. I've been trying to gomete the tasks. Maybe to someone who has lots of drink machines n ovens it's no big deal, However these are close to impossible to complete! I THINK I'm on the last to complete the candy cane oven n I wasANGRY to have completed mixing about 40 hot chocolates on 3 machines. I made it to buy another giving me 4 now. And this last damned goal (I hope) says I've to hoteliers 40 more??!?! You're kidding? Do the math! 16hrs to make 1 multiplied by 4 gives me about 5-6 days to complete!! Good grief Team Lava!!!! I've got the same complaint in RS and Bakery Story for their things too. I will have incomplete items that will stay in storage n hope only next yr I won't have to start from scratch.

carabios2
01-02-12, 11:19 AM
You're kidding me!!!! This decidering factor isn't the last before the blasted maker unlocks??? Now I'm upset!!! I don't even work the other goals so that this nightmare of an oven can complete. It's no longer fun. I'm angry each time I finish the goal which shows as the last dot only for it to complete and pop in yet another!! I HATE THIS! Plus it says LMITED TIME!!!

01cookie10
01-02-12, 03:26 PM
Kooky can you please list the different goals for bakery. I hope I manage to complete them all before time is up :-( *sniff*. I currently have four goals - Saving chillby, A spoonful of sugar, Ice cream Expert and Part planning... am i nearly there?

01cookie10
01-02-12, 03:40 PM
this has now become a horrible game, not a very Happy Christmas and Happy New Year experience....

misbehavin7170
01-02-12, 03:41 PM
I never got ANY of these quests, thats totally unfair to android users

01cookie10
01-02-12, 03:52 PM
Im sorry to hear that.

LunaMiya808
01-02-12, 04:08 PM
Kooky can you please list the different goals for bakery. I hope I manage to complete them all before time is up :-( *sniff*. I currently have four goals - Saving chillby, A spoonful of sugar, Ice cream Expert and Part planning... am i nearly there?

The last two that you listed are the New Years goals. They are each only three steps, so the bar at the top is truthful.

JulesCafeGems
01-03-12, 03:05 PM
Bummed out! Finished Decidering, and Chillby is still there, wanting Yule Logs (Better Butter), and the bar is reset to zero progress. I am glad I only bought one candy cane cake machine because it doesn't look like I have time to finish the goals before they are removed (making/baking Yule Logs anyway, fitting them in between one-day chocolate tart recipes). Carabios2, I hear you. I thought I was nearly done, too. I have six drink machines, but 16-hour recipes take a day each, so it took forever to have to make hot chocolate - for two goals. Now I have 47,000 hot chocolates. Eek! We'll be drinking them in July.

So Chillby is the selfish snowman who is holding out on the candy cane cake recipe. I hope he melts. I just might put him in my fireplace oven (which seems to serve no good purpose other than looking okay). Chillby is holding Santa and the mince pie recipe hostage!

sunnyDreams
01-03-12, 03:39 PM
The holidays are over, yet the goals still aren't completed. Only one of all of my neighbors has completed the goals. Cooking Christmas tree cupcakes seems a bit stupid in January and the candy cane cake would have been nice to cook in December. I was looking forward to the fun holiday recipes and they really ruined that with these goals and excluding droids. I was really hoping that they would at lease release the recipes to android as a Chrismas gift. Is someone giving the programmers feedback on what happened? They really need to know. I've had a ton of neighbors quit.

dalula
01-03-12, 06:18 PM
:( i want the candy cane cake! :( if i dont have it my oven is useless lol

quentinsmommy
01-03-12, 06:21 PM
Bummed out! Finished Decidering, and Chillby is still there, wanting Yule Logs (Better Butter), and the bar is reset to zero progress. I am glad I only bought one candy cane cake machine because it doesn't look like I have time to finish the goals before they are removed (making/baking Yule Logs anyway, fitting them in between one-day chocolate tart recipes). Carabios2, I hear you. I thought I was nearly done, too. I have six drink machines, but 16-hour recipes take a day each, so it took forever to have to make hot chocolate - for two goals. Now I have 47,000 hot chocolates. Eek! We'll be drinking them in July.

So Chillby is the selfish snowman who is holding out on the candy cane cake recipe. I hope he melts. I just might put him in my fireplace oven (which seems to serve no good purpose other than looking okay). Chillby is holding Santa and the mince pie recipe hostage!

I'm in the same exact situation as you. My Candy Cane Oven will pretty much be a waste for me and end up being sold.:mad: I had a good laugh at your Chillby comment there, I've began to really resent that snowman.:D He's still taunting me on Restaurant and Farm with his gem required requests. I'd rather give him a one-way ticket to the Mojave LOL. I refuse to pay gems-I'd rather earn them by mastery and spend my money on music for my iPod instead.

dalula
01-03-12, 06:30 PM
I'm in the same exact situation as you. My Candy Cane Oven will pretty much be a waste for me and end up being sold.:mad: I had a good laugh at your Chillby comment there, I've began to really resent that snowman.:D He's still taunting me on Restaurant and Farm with his gem required requests. I'd rather give him a one-way ticket to the Mojave LOL. I refuse to pay gems-I'd rather earn them by mastery and spend my money on music for my iPod instead.

haha yah i hate that snowman, hes so annoying, and chillby is such a stupid name, lol and my stupid oven is useless without the candy cane cake recipe. :(

bobbyrae
01-06-12, 10:42 AM
haha yah i hate that snowman, hes so annoying, and chillby is such a stupid name, lol and my stupid oven is useless without the candy cane cake recipe. :(

Keep plodding along guys. If that's the only goal you get through, keep at it. Maybe TL might extend the time, but don't quit now.

That said, i've almost given up on almost all the other goals. Lol. That sleigh keeps me going though. That's the one i really want now. But this stupid hot chocolate!!! Uggh! If i never see that recipe again it will be too soon!

spuds2011
01-06-12, 03:27 PM
I got it yesterday finally finshing 40 cranberry ciders,20 yule logs and collecting cinnamon sticks :)

jjhill
01-07-12, 08:57 AM
I am on an iPad 1 & do not see goals displayed for candy cane maker. Where do I find them? This has been very frustrating!!

kooky panda
01-07-12, 09:35 AM
I am on an iPad 1 & do not see goals displayed for candy cane maker. Where do I find them? This has been very frustrating!!
Not all Ipad users in bakery got the option for these goals.

bobbyrae
01-07-12, 12:36 PM
Make sure you are using the christmas version of the game and note that we have been told that the goals will be removed on jan 13. The goals for unlocking the candy cane maker are the chillbilly goals

01cookie10
01-10-12, 03:07 PM
Hurahh!!! I finally got the sleigh just in time for Christmas 2012, except I'm too embarrassed to have it out due to the unfairness towards lower level players, the stress and time it took to complete the goals and the knowledge that android players didnt get the chance. Happy Christmas!!! Can I suggest they release another Christmas app now so people can take their time to complete the goals at a leisurely and fun pace, and give all levels and players the opportunity.

bobbyrae
01-10-12, 03:23 PM
Hurahh!!! I finally got the sleigh just in time for Christmas 2012, except I'm too embarrassed to have it out due to the unfairness towards lower level players, the stress and time it took to complete the goals and the knowledge that android players didnt get the chance. Happy Christmas!!! Can I suggest they release another Christmas app now so people can take their time to complete the goals at a leisurely and fun pace, and give all levels and players the opportunity.

Lol....i second that! Lol. I unlocked the 2012 ball in restaurant and have no idea what to do with it...especially since new years 2012 is gone and the ball says 2012! Maybe i'll save it up for the 20th of December and do a redesign just for that day :)

bobbyrae
01-10-12, 03:25 PM
I hope they have no cool stuff for goal rewards for valentines day...because i don't think my stress level can take anymore! :-s
And may we put in a request for no more hot chocolate? In fact, since most everyone no doubt has now mastered that recipe, how about we swap that recipe for one of the other christmas ones? -.^

chocohk
01-11-12, 12:10 AM
i have the machine but no recipes, still cooking lol

neefs89
01-11-12, 12:16 AM
30 candy cakes r frustrating..specially if u have 1 candy cane maker and u r just waiting for 1 piece of knob to be sent...I've sent so many requests just for getting 1 knob but my neighbors r sending me other materials and food items..if u can help me than plz add me coz I need a knob!(yeah i know it sounds stupid)

soylista
01-11-12, 07:37 PM
Hi I'm using iPod Touch. I'm using the Christmas version, finished Marzipan, Gingerbread cake, Holiday Cup Cake & Yule Log and currently working on the Cranberry Cider & Mince Pie. I have the candy cane maker in my bakery for a while, but the goal for the Candy Cane Cake hasn't appeared yet. This afternoon, I got a pop-up message saying the holiday items and goals will be removed on 1/20. How can I get the Candy Cane Cake goal?

chocohk
01-11-12, 07:46 PM
neefs89: added you , will send u that knob if you accept my request

neefs89
01-12-12, 03:07 AM
neefs89: added you , will send u that knob if you accept my request

Let me explain..
Actually neefs89 is d storm8 ID in my dads iPad in which I play FS and my Sis plays rs and bs...
Blossom145 is d storm8 ID in my phone in which I play bs and rs and my Sis plays FS...
So I'm blossom145(d ID in my phone) in bs and rs.. That day I just posted that without realizing that my Sis plays bs in neefs89's ID..so blossom145 is d one who needs knob..I'm blossom145 in bs
Thankfully my neighbours sent me knob d next day..so thanks for showing ur concern and add me coz I would love to have such a caring neighbor like u love ya loads and all d best for your goals!

soylista
01-12-12, 02:44 PM
My predicament has been solved! Thanks!

Hi I'm using iPod Touch. I'm using the Christmas version, finished Marzipan, Gingerbread cake, Holiday Cup Cake & Yule Log and currently working on the Cranberry Cider & Mince Pie. I have the candy cane maker in my bakery for a while, but the goal for the Candy Cane Cake hasn't appeared yet. This afternoon, I got a pop-up message saying the holiday items and goals will be removed on 1/20. How can I get the Candy Cane Cake goal?

chocohk
01-12-12, 08:54 PM
Let me explain..
Actually neefs89 is d storm8 ID in my dads iPad in which I play FS and my Sis plays rs and bs...
Blossom145 is d storm8 ID in my phone in which I play bs and rs and my Sis plays FS...
So I'm blossom145(d ID in my phone) in bs and rs.. That day I just posted that without realizing that my Sis plays bs in neefs89's ID..so blossom145 is d one who needs knob..I'm blossom145 in bs
Thankfully my neighbours sent me knob d next day..so thanks for showing ur concern and add me coz I would love to have such a caring neighbor like u love ya loads and all d best for your goals!

so blossom145 is you :) sure we all need help
I know how frustrating it can be to wait for 1 part and time is running out ! I still hvn't got my candycane recipes unlocked yet, *finger cross*

chocohk
01-12-12, 08:58 PM

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that is the one holding my recipes!!!

making hot chon strawberry cheesecake n yule logs ! even just baked 40 cheesecake they still need another 30???? why?

theladymorgana
01-13-12, 05:47 PM
If I am 10/30 in making the Candy cane cakes with two ovens (on a spoonful of sugar), do I have any chance of getting the sleigh before the deadline?

bobbyrae
01-13-12, 06:18 PM

Have you finished all the goals? If you have not, then keep working on them.

bobbyrae
01-13-12, 06:19 PM
If I am 10/30 in making the Candy cane cakes with two ovens (on a spoonful of sugar), do I have any chance of getting the sleigh before the deadline?

Keep going.

01-13-12, 10:04 PM
I already unlock the candy cane cake without doing the goals! I bought a new mova globe today!

neefs89
01-14-12, 10:33 PM
so blossom145 is you :) sure we all need help
I know how frustrating it can be to wait for 1 part and time is running out ! I still hvn't got my candycane recipes unlocked yet, *finger cross*

Thx a lot!!

chocohk
01-15-12, 08:46 AM
Do i hv to finish all goals to unlock the candy cane recipes?
I hv yule log, holiday cup cake
Thx

chocohk
01-15-12, 06:55 PM
I searched hi and low on this forum, still don't know which goal specific is for candy cane?

can anyone pls help

much appreciated

pastrychef17
01-15-12, 07:05 PM
I searched hi and low on this forum, still don't know which goal specific is for candy cane?

can anyone pls help

much appreciated

Did you read all of this thread? You have to piece it together from some of the posts but others had the same question and it was answered. Felicitybliss on page 10 listed it. Sorry I can't help as I don't remember them all anymore.

chocohk
01-15-12, 07:54 PM
Did you read all of this thread? You have to piece it together from some of the posts but others had the same question and it was answered. Felicitybliss on page 10 listed it. Sorry I can't help as I don't remember them all anymore.

Thx pastrychef17, I am working on that decidering factor goal!, 2 more hot choc then complete, if I still don't see candy cane recipes, think i will go nuts lol

houseofweal
01-15-12, 08:01 PM
After the Candy Cane cakes my quest abilities went away. It has also gone from Rest and Farm Story.

kooky panda
01-15-12, 08:02 PM
After the Candy Cane cakes my quest abilities went away. It has also gone from Rest and Farm Story.
once you have completed all the goals, you will no longer see the icons. The goals are limited and do stop.

dmb225
01-18-12, 07:00 AM
I never saw anything for doing these quests?? Is it not availabble for Android?

bobbyrae
01-18-12, 08:26 AM
I never saw anything for doing these quests?? Is it not availabble for Android?

No.

sourlicorice2
01-18-12, 10:57 AM
I just unlocked the candy cane appliance. The quest is called saving chillbilly. The item is a 2 hour recipe so I may be able to get to level 2 mastery may be but definetly won't be able to master it before they yank the recipe on the 20th.

pastrychef17
01-18-12, 11:40 AM
I just unlocked the candy cane appliance. The quest is called saving chillbilly. The item is a 2 hour recipe so I may be able to get to level 2 mastery may be but definetly won't be able to master it before they yank the recipe on the 20th.

If you have the candy cane maker and have unlocked the recipe, my understanding if you'd get to keep the recipe for awhile longer (beyond Jan 20).

kooky panda
01-18-12, 12:20 PM
If you have the candy cane maker and have unlocked the recipe, my understanding if you'd get to keep the recipe for awhile longer (beyond Jan 20).

yes , also if you have bought and placed candy cane appliances(but have not yet finished building them), when the option to buy a new candy cane appliances is removed, your unbuilt but placed appliances will remain in your game( just do not sell them..lol)

sourlicorice2
01-18-12, 04:08 PM
Yeah thx for the info. Didn't know that:-)

kooky panda
01-18-12, 09:51 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23094-Update-on-Seasonal-Content-Removed-on-Jan-20&p=213361&viewfull=1#post213361

Goals extended until Feb 9th!!!!

1cathy
01-22-12, 07:01 AM
I had unlocked today, is yours ok now?