PDA

View Full Version : Crashing, bad buttons, out of sync errors, hard to see sparkles, and other issues.

cupcakes4cece
12-21-11, 02:56 PM
I'm just going to group the issues into one post. I'm sure some have been reported before, but this is my take on them.

1. The game is pretty crashy. On my iPad it is not too bad, but my sister (older iPhone) and friend (iTouch) have given up playing for now because they can't do basic things like visit neighbors.

2. The game still pops up No Connection and Out of Sync errors at least 1-3 times per playing session. I'm getting a No Connection error almost each time I start the game. My connection is very strong and stable wifi. These errors did not start until after the awful ads were added to the games. When the ads were added, all the games started popping up the connection errors. Coincidence?

3. Let's talk about the awful ads. I ask you, why? First of all, consider your audience. Maybe people who play Pet Shop aren't interested in games about wars and the mob. Secondly... are you seriously not getting enough money out of us that you have to put ads in the game? Stop shoving them in our faces while cluttering up an already cluttered game interface. The ads are intrusive and they really make the game hard to play, especially that horrible banner on the Social screens.

4. The buttons for accepting gifts, accepting neighbors, and accepting requests are badly ordered. Gifts are accept/reject, while the others are reject/accept. With a bit of bad luck and lag, you easily click the wrong button. Why were the buttons reversed like that? It should be changed.

5. Even on the iPad, it is almost impossible to see the sparkles, especially when there are pens close together or with other stuff around them. I find myself tapping blindly for the most part. I tried it on my sister's iPhone and couldn't see anything at all! There must be some better way. Perhaps slightly dimming unplayed pens, sort of like Treasure Story? Then played pens could light up and sparkle like they do now.

6. Gem prices are crazy. I don't mind buying a few animals, but not for these prices. These are, after all, just digital pictures. I can't justify spending that kind of money for a little picture. I have decided not to make any purchases in this game for now, and see where things go. If a way to earn gems is added, this could help offset the high costs and make me reconsider. I'm afraid that with no way to earn gems, my interest in the game will plunge once I have run out of animals to buy. Please consider this: you need the "free" players as much as you need the ones who can pay. Without a large number of players, the "pay" players would also begin to lose interest in what would no longer be a popular game. The way to keep players playing the game is to give them something to look forward to and work towards. With no hope of obtaining the gem animals, why keep playing after "completing" the game?

7. It is way too easy to be "full" in this game, which means our walls fill up with useless "ur full" messages. I often find myself going through a long list of neighbors before I find anything to do.

8. Gem spending confirmation button, please. (well, I had to try!)

9. Why are some animals not animated at all? At least they could blink or something.

10. Gift items have completely wrong pictures.

Those are all the issues I've noticed so far. The game is really cute and enjoyable!

barleycoon
12-21-11, 03:04 PM
Sometimes syncing your device can help with the crashing issues, also memory issues can affect it too. I agree, pet shop story is extremely cute and a lovely game.

FlameyHawk
12-21-11, 09:28 PM
Amen.
This is what I think all the time.
Moderator please read this!!!

iusedtobedigusr
12-21-11, 11:32 PM
LMAO, we have more wanna moderators then real in all these games. CMon, tired of the same its your fault re synce etc

barleycoon
12-22-11, 12:02 AM
LMAO, we have more wanna moderators then real in all these games. CMon, tired of the same its your fault re synce etc

I think quite a lot of users enjoy helping others, and sometimes we're able to help with issues. So it may save support some time. It's no ones fault with out of sync errors. Please let us know what issues you're having, I'm sure everyone on here would try to help you.

12-23-11, 02:16 PM

I think quite a lot of users enjoy helping others, and sometimes we're able to help with issues. So it may save support some time. It's no ones fault with out of sync errors. Please let us know what issues you're having, I'm sure everyone on here would try to help you.

Hi guys, I don't mean to attack you guys. I can see that cupcakes4cece point of view. I personally don't play with TL new games (pet shop story), I have enough with 3 games TL products (Bakery, Restaurant and Farm). There are so many issues with TL games. I personally feel sorry with TL user moderators (I don't know all of them) and users/players here. Mostly PPl in the forum are very helpful, sometimes during a discussion is out of topic until user moderator have to remind them. The new adv in the TL games is very annoying, pop up all times. I won't play that games. do you guys realize the above that Cupcakes4cece's list. We are the tester of TL new games.

iusedtobedigusr
12-23-11, 02:26 PM
Hate to say but the delete re-add etc is almost a friggin joke. Just fix!! I know a Holiday ..hmmm so no more AD's if everyone off? If can force feed ADS then time to fix other things?

nmishii
12-23-11, 02:36 PM
Hate to say but the delete re-add etc is almost a friggin joke. Just fix!! I know a Holiday ..hmmm so no more AD's if everyone off? If can force feed ADS then time to fix other things?

I agree, the delete re-add etc is a joke especially when placed where it doesn't make sense. I also can't figure out what the value is in asking "what is your device etc" when it doesn't appear to matter or appears to be on a device you don't own.

nmishii
12-23-11, 02:43 PM
I agree, the delete re-add etc is a joke especially when placed where it doesn't make sense. I also can't figure out what the value is in asking "what is your device etc" when it doesn't appear to matter or appears to be on a device you don't own.

I'm saying this in general, because there are multiple non-moderator posters doing this. I rarely reinstall especially when others have the same problem, since its most likely another TL bug and reinstalling before a fix is implemented usually won't fix a global issue.

iusedtobedigusr
12-23-11, 02:43 PM
BTW I gave every game a 1 in apple store because TL sucked any enjoyment out of playing any of them. Only played and gifted for neighbors. Merry Friggin Christmas TL and Thank You!!!

ariesblu
12-23-11, 02:49 PM
My sister plays this game on her iphone, and she would tell me a lot of the issues that you wrote here. She also told me that there was no news feed, so the only way you would know who visited you would be if that individual wrote that they left the sprinkles for your pets. Has that been fixed yet?

cupcakes4cece
12-23-11, 03:20 PM
No, there is still no news feed for either Pet Shop or Zoo. Personally for me it's not a big issue, but I know a lot of people miss that feature.

I mostly go by people's ratings. If my neighbor has 3 or 4 stars, I just assume they're being a good neighbor to me. If someone who is not a neighbor comes by my shop and doesn't post on the wall, I assume they were visiting for the purpose of raising their rating, which is what I often do myself. In the games with news feeds, I go and tip them back. In Zoo and Pet Shop I just assume they only cared about getting the hearts and being tipped back wasn't an issue for them.

Rachael98
12-23-11, 03:34 PM
Okayyy...sidenote: uninstall and reinstalling can be an excellent temporary fix until TL are ready.
Device, game version etc. helps their devs, I think.

I agree that the advertising is ridiculously excessive, though I must say that I haven't encountered crashing issues.
Finally, you'll have heard it all before, but gems are not necessary to enjoy the game; just earn them or do coin-only things. I enjoy the games. I don't spend much money.

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Merry Christmas!

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;) (though note that Support have a limited service (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21484-Limited-Support-over-the-Holidays) until 2012)

pinkster73
12-23-11, 05:36 PM
I'm saying this in general, because there are multiple non-moderator posters doing this. I rarely reinstall especially when others have the same problem, since its most likely another TL bug and reinstalling before a fix is implemented usually won't fix a global issue.

Exactly. In all my time of playing TL games the uninstall/reinstall advice has NEVER fixed anything for all 4 devices played on in my home. Never. Not once. Nada. Zip. Zero.

People just "parrot" this advice because that's what they heard others' say.

emrfdr
01-16-15, 08:08 PM
Is there a fix for this? I am new to Pet Shop. Every time I receive dog treats I get the out of sync error message and I have to log on/off to stop the message popping up. Can anyone give me advice?

pawsnclaws53
02-01-15, 07:54 AM
Pet shop crashes on loading, get black screen and iPad restarts. iOS 8.1.6
Have deleted and reloaded, has not helped. Stoem8 I'd pawsnclaws53. Pet shop name paws jaws.