PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Christmas Memories

christmasgirl11
12-21-11, 11:46 AM
What are your favorite Christmas memories as a child?
Favorite Christmas presents?
Favorite thing to do curing Christmas time?

Also: I have a 5 year old and I'm running out of things to do!
- Already made our gingerbread house
-Baked many, many, cookies
-Watched Elf MANY times, LOL
What else is there to do?

Thanks

kattybell
12-21-11, 11:58 AM
I remember watching Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation. I love that movie. You could try decorating stockings? And there are plenty of other movies you could watch. Santa Claus, Grinch. Also you could try listening to Christmas music and making signs that show Santa where the tree is? Just ideas. :)

pinkster73
12-21-11, 01:01 PM
One of my funniest Christmas memories:

One Christmas morning my parents and I were up and waiting by the stockings full of excitement and we were calling for my younger sister to hurry up and come down. We couldn't understand what was taking her so long. When she finally came down she said "I feel funny". She was COVERED in chicken pox. It's funny now, not so much then ha ha

shakiba
12-21-11, 03:40 PM
When i was young, like in the first grade, there was one present, a book (english: grammar, spellings, etc) and it said "for the first grade"
I was like: WOAH HOW DOES SANTA KNOW MY GRADE?
I got sooo happy and freaked out. Until few years later, i was like: OOOOOOOOOOH! i get it :P

pinkster73
12-21-11, 07:56 PM
When i was young, like in the first grade, there was one present, a book (english: grammar, spellings, etc) and it said "for the first grade"
I was like: WOAH HOW DOES SANTA KNOW MY GRADE?
I got sooo happy and freaked out. Until few years later, i was like: OOOOOOOOOOH! i get it :P

He knows everything

ilovecooper14
12-21-11, 11:14 PM
He knows everything

I was scared of him when I was younger.
The fact that "he sees me when I'm sleeping" and "he knows when I'm awake" really freaked me out as a kid. :)

Back on topic.
My favorite Christmas memory has to be when the cat climbed up the tree and it fell. Like pinkster's story it wasn't funny at the time but it is now. LOL

pinkster73
12-22-11, 11:20 AM
I was scared of him when I was younger.
The fact that "he sees me when I'm sleeping" and "he knows when I'm awake" really freaked me out as a kid. :)

Back on topic.
My favorite Christmas memory has to be when the cat climbed up the tree and it fell. Like pinkster's story it wasn't funny at the time but it is now. LOL

I have 6 cats. This is my reality EVERY year

ilovecooper14
12-22-11, 11:23 AM

Yikes. Lol, I guess you don't use anymore glass ornaments? Haha. A lot of ours broke when the cat decided to climb the tree. :/

kattybell
12-22-11, 11:26 AM

I've seen a picture, they're adorable! I have six too! :)