PDA

View Full Version : If this is free, then why

Unregistered
10-23-10, 05:23 AM
If this is a free app, then why hve i been invoiced ?20.99 by itunes ????

Unregistered
10-23-10, 05:45 AM
Item Number Description Unit Price

1 Restaurant Story?, 24 Gems, Developer: TeamLava, LLC
Report a Problem ?2.99
2 Restaurant Story?, 50 Gems, Developer: TeamLava, LLC
Report a Problem ?5.99
3 Restaurant Story?, 24 Gems, Developer: TeamLava, LLC
Report a Problem ?2.99
4 Restaurant Story?, 24 Gems, Developer: TeamLava, LLC
Report a Problem ?2.99
5 Restaurant Story?, 24 Gems, Developer: TeamLava, LLC
Report a Problem ?2.99
6 Restaurant Story?, 24 Gems, Developer: TeamLava, LLC
Report a Problem ?2.99

Order Total: ?20.94

Unregistered
10-23-10, 05:49 AM
it has happened before where the orders get mixed between users
could of been a mix up. report it to them and they should be able to get your money back

Unregistered
01-05-11, 05:48 AM
Dear Sirs,

Day before received a horrible email from itunes that you have STOLEN MY MONEY... USD79.- something. Now another BILL said USD4.99 even deleted the games. ALL Deleted.

WHAT HAD HAPPENED! ALL FROM FREE DOWNLOAD GAME AND NOW BILL ME... A 4 YEARS BOY PLAY FREE DOWNLOAD GAME BUT YOU HAVE SOME HIDDEN THINGS TO ***** A KID. WE GIVE YOU THE PASSWORD FOR FREE DOWNLOAD NOT FOR BUY ANYTHING.

IT IS INLEGAL!!

I deleted the game days ago and you still can charge me. ARE YOU THIEFT!!!!!

Should we call the POLICE to sort this out. I do think your company should call the POLICE.

Immediately return my money back to my credit card and NEVER NEVER STOLEN MONEY AGAIN!

I write email to your support@teamlave.com.... How come need me to go and apply a name before complain.

I NEED HELP AND MONEY BACK... NOT SUCH MEANINGLESS REPLY.

MY EMAIL IS margaret.fong@hotmail.com

THANKS... ANYONE CAN HELP ME TO STOP IT. EVEN DELETE IT THE BILL/RECEIPT STILL CONTINUE COMING.

Unregistered
01-05-11, 05:13 PM
Item Number Description Unit Price

1 Restaurant Story?, 24 Gems, Developer: TeamLava, LLC
Report a Problem ?2.99
2 Restaurant Story?, 50 Gems, Developer: TeamLava, LLC
Report a Problem ?5.99
3 Restaurant Story?, 24 Gems, Developer: TeamLava, LLC
Report a Problem ?2.99
4 Restaurant Story?, 24 Gems, Developer: TeamLava, LLC
Report a Problem ?2.99
5 Restaurant Story?, 24 Gems, Developer: TeamLava, LLC
Report a Problem ?2.99
6 Restaurant Story?, 24 Gems, Developer: TeamLava, LLC
Report a Problem ?2.99

Order Total: ?20.94

If you look at what you have written you will see that what you did was purchace gems for resturaunt story. The purchase is valid. the game is free the gems are not. Its the same in all the story games. sorry you feel you got ripped off but i think you just didnt relize what you were doing and just kept clicking away. bet you resturaunt looks nice though.

Unregistered
01-05-11, 06:34 PM
Don't know whether the posters above did buy the gems accidentally, unnoticeably or iTune, TL billed them mistakenly.....

But one thing I do want to point out is, yes, all the story games are free, but players have the choice whether to buy the thing which required real $$. All the "tool" which need real $$ can help players level faster, look better, more "powerful" etc. A lot of free games in the market have this feature, including many, many Internet games, which are free to play. But players also can ungraded themselves with real$$.

Pls be more aware of this, this feature in nothing new. It had be around since we started playing Internet games. And parents, teach your children about this too, read the instruction b4 tapping or clicking any button. I sure most of you have no problem with reading English. Even my 6 years old daughter has no problem understanding it, and still English is not our first language 

Unregistered
01-08-11, 06:58 AM
I would not mind getting the deal that she received there... $2.99 for 24 gems sounds pretty good compared to my $4.99 if I purchased 24 gems.

Otherwise, no it's not cool that kids play the game not realizing the impact it has on the credit card.

Unregistered
01-08-11, 03:51 PM
If you are going to give your child an expensive device to play around with and let them download games and play them....have the sense to disable in app purchasing on your device. Every Apple device has this feature. If you bothered to read the FAQ's it's right there! Before you let your child play anything you should read the FAQ's of the game and disable in app purchasing first. Problem solved before it even occurs.

Unregistered
01-08-11, 04:05 PM
If you are going to give your child an expensive device to play around with and let them download games and play them....have the sense to disable in app purchasing on your device. Every Apple device has this feature. If you bothered to read the FAQ's it's right there! Before you let your child play anything you should read the FAQ's of the game and disable in app purchasing first. Problem solved before it even occurs.

I agree!!! I am so tired of hearing parents complaining of the charges!!!! Do they monitor what their children do?
Our kids do not even know the itunes password. When they want to use their money to buy something they have to come get us to download for them. We also wait until the itunes logs out( I think 15 minutes).
We also have pin numbers on the older kids phones, so they cannot go out and buy and download rings tones and games without us knowing it.

Also how does team lava know a kid is playing? Maybe an adult that lost control on the boxes and wants a refund.

Unregistered
01-09-11, 03:00 AM
I agree!!! I am so tired of hearing parents complaining of the charges!!!! Do they monitor what their children do?
Our kids do not even know the itunes password. When they want to use their money to buy something they have to come get us to download for them. We also wait until the itunes logs out( I think 15 minutes).
We also have pin numbers on the older kids phones, so they cannot go out and buy and download rings tones and games without us knowing it.

Also how does team lava know a kid is playing? Maybe an adult that lost control on the boxes and wants a refund.

I second it. Some parents out there still putting blames on the people behind the software, and naive enough to believe a game like all the story games can be free. Don't they think those people working at TeamLava need to eat too?

Just get so sick people still screaming that "this game is free, but why still need to pay". Get real ......... there is nothing free in this world anymore..... TeamLava is not a charity body.

Unregistered
01-09-11, 08:18 AM
No one takes responsibility! Parents just scream and Itunes refunds them. They should stop doing that, except in very extreme cases. With every device there should be a huge notice about in app purchasing; what it is, how to disable it, with a short paragraph about "free games". Make it explicitly known that purchases will not be refunded, even if be made by children. Don't give your kids these things to play with in the first bloody place! How stupid is that!

Unregistered
01-09-11, 01:38 PM
I am a parent who does allow my children to play with my ipod. They do not know the password, so have not spend any real world money. There are some apps that are great for kids. My 2 year old was playing a matching game. I didn't notice she had opened my RS, and she sped up the cooking time, costing me 4 gems. I did not complain, either in here or to TL or to itunes. I know it was my mistake, so I accepted the consequences. Parents need to be responsible for their children, in every aspect of life. If either child had managed to make a purchase, I would have paid for it, and not complained to the company. I'm not sure about others, but my Droid does not require a password for downloading apps, free or paid. So, I do not allow them to use it, for that reason. This is my 2 cents on the subject.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 06:26 AM
Well said guys! Some how I pity Norman, have to deal with all these irresponsible people everyday.

Unregistered
01-10-11, 11:41 AM
Well said guys! Some how I pity Norman, have to deal with all these irresponsible people everyday.

everyday is loosely defined as every now and then.

Unregistered
01-17-11, 06:20 AM
Well it seems that I am not the only person to fall victim of LARGE payments being taken from my ITunes account.

My 10 year old son downloaded (with my permission) to download the free game (City Story)

Two days later I get an invoice from iTunes for ?52.99...for what?

The bank account linked to my son?s iPod is password protected and so unless I have made a glaring error, I have had funds taken from my account without my permission. For all of those people on this forum who say they are sick of reading about parents who do not monitor their kids online activities -- take heed, there is more to this than meets the eye as I monitor my kids activities closely.

Even if the mistake is mine and I have inadvertently allowed them to download this stuff then this is nothing short of entrapment --
Why would anyone in their right mind buy a ?53 add on for a free game!. I sincerely hope iTunes sort this mess out (yes I've contacted them)

Unregistered
01-17-11, 10:16 PM

This is a great suggestion! I'm an adult and I always keep In App Purchases turned off. Yes, it's a little bit of a bother to have to go turn it on when I want to buy something but I never spend any money by hitting the wrong button!

fazia17
10-05-17, 05:55 AM
How do i contact them i payd for gems and money was paid got receipt for it and gems was not added so need money or gems

kooky panda
10-05-17, 10:48 AM
How do i contact them i payd for gems and money was paid got receipt for it and gems was not added so need money or gems
I am sorry this happened! Please contact support and send them a copy of your receipt.
See support link in my signature.

Closing this thread since it is very old!