PDA

View Full Version : March of the Reindeer

AwesomeMiz
12-20-11, 02:31 PM
I'm not happy with the baker goal March Of The Reindeer. We have to buy the reindeer penguin for 20 gems! We do have the option to skip this step for 2 gems, but I still believe this is unfair. Yes, I do have enough gems for the penguin, but I like to save them for something I really want. I feel bad for some of my neighbors because they have 0 gems and will get stuck on this challenge .. Sigh ..

Thanks for listening to me vent! 

pastrychef17
12-20-11, 02:36 PM
I'm not buying the reindeer to fulfill the goal. I may use 2 gems to skip it since you get 2 gems for mastery so net net it's the same thing. But I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. Waiting to see if anyone reports that there are any further gem requirements for this goal. If there are then I won't bother.

AwesomeMiz
12-20-11, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I'll wait too and then decide. I didn't realize we got 2 gems for mastery. Thanks for the info!

caesarslaw
12-20-11, 04:26 PM
what goal is this for? I'd like to know what all the steps are to unlock the log and cupcake recipes...I will definitely will not be spending gems for goals.

pastrychef17
12-20-11, 04:31 PM
what goal is this for? I'd like to know what all the steps are to unlock the log and cupcake recipes...I will definitely will not be spending gems for goals.

You can unlock the yulelog, cupcake and cider without using gems to fulfill the goals. So far it seems like only the mince pie needs gems to be unlocked. I'm not that far into the candy cane cake goal yet so I don't know if that needs gems as well. So far the first goal towards it doesn't.

caesarslaw
12-20-11, 04:34 PM
oh! thanks for the information pastrychef17 it's good to know so I don't spend time on the goals if they have gem requirements. Thanks again :)

kimmy42
12-20-11, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the info about the mince pie costing gems.

Pls post about the candy cane cake, if it does require gems, I'm skipping it.

marrrina
12-20-11, 04:42 PM
I spent the 2 gems to skip it. 2 gems is no big deal when you compare this to the 10 gems required to skip buying a 24-gem item in Restaurant Story.

dalula
12-20-11, 05:46 PM
Sad how you have to unlock the recipes. :( i guess my ovens are useless.

cakeandpie
12-20-11, 08:03 PM
If anyone decided to pay the gems for the reindeer penguin or to skip it and has made it to unlocking the mince pies, please let us know if there are any more gems required in the other two sets of tasks before you unlock the mince pies. Because I probably will pay 2 gems to skip it (since you get 2 gems for mastery) but I won't pay to skip it if I have to lay out more gems in next two sets of tasks. I won't pay more than 2 gems because I do not want to suffer a net loss of gems.

LunaMiya808
12-20-11, 08:58 PM
I own the penguin, but I am stuck waiting on supplies from my neighbors! To me, the gems were no big deal because I wanted the little guy anyway, but I would have been super unhappy had it been something I didn't want or like.

marrrina
12-21-11, 06:14 AM
If anyone decided to pay the gems for the reindeer penguin or to skip it and has made it to unlocking the mince pies, please let us know if there are any more gems required in the other two sets of tasks before you unlock the mince pies. Because I probably will pay 2 gems to skip it (since you get 2 gems for mastery) but I won't pay to skip it if I have to lay out more gems in next two sets of tasks. I won't pay more than 2 gems because I do not want to suffer a net loss of gems.

So far no more gems required beyond this point. I think TL only made it so you'd have to spend mandatory gems only once per game.

Luna48
12-21-11, 06:26 AM
I haven't had any more gem requirements. I chose to pay the 2 gems. I think I may be close the the end. CandyCane/Snowman quest level I am working (called Better Butter) shows the Candy Cane Cake as the goal. I will say one can get quite tired of cooking Yule Logs, Hot Chocolate, Gingerbread Cake along this quest. lol

jannywanny86
12-21-11, 08:50 AM
It's fun unlocking them some r just nuts like all the hot choc they take 16 hours each I don't mind unlocking th raindeer for 2 gems I use my free gems for it haha

cakeandpie
12-28-11, 10:01 AM
So far no more gems required beyond this point. I think TL only made it so you'd have to spend mandatory gems only once per game.

Actually, no. In Farm Story you have to pay gems at least two times (which is why I have had to stop doing goals, because both goals are now gem-required ones) and in Restaurant Story I have only gotten to one gem-required goal but IIRC someone else on the RS forum said that there is another goal after that which requires gems.

I hadn't heard of any other gem-required goals in BS so I bit the bullet and skipped it for 2 gems. I heard about the gingerbread sleigh that comes after the mince pies so I wanted to try earning that, and since the skip price was only 2 gems and I'd get that back from cooking mince pies, I went for it. Hopefully I won't encounter any other gem-required goals.

SweetBGs
12-29-11, 01:04 PM
So I'm kinda confused about this goal thing. I've got a couple of them going (a santa & a snowman) but I have no idea what the reward is, whether I'm on two different goal paths, etc. and I can't find any instructions or FAQs. Can someone please tell me where I find that info?

badger8
12-29-11, 03:30 PM
So I'm kinda confused about this goal thing. I've got a couple of them going (a santa & a snowman) but I have no idea what the reward is, whether I'm on two different goal paths, etc. and I can't find any instructions or FAQs. Can someone please tell me where I find that info?

A few of the goals are recipes- they can only be unlocked by doing goals.
The snowman line will end when you unlock the candy cane cake recipe- that's your prize for that one.
The other one will end with a sleigh as a prize. There are pics here if you go back a page or 2 in this thread.

badger8
12-29-11, 03:32 PM
OOps sorry...the sleigh pictures are in a different thread.

chazthephoenix
12-29-11, 04:14 PM
A nice write up when the goals were unveiled would have been nice- considerate

hotwingzz
12-29-11, 04:26 PM
I'm on the first goal of the ginger bread sleigh I did buy the penguin cause he was cute wish he was bigger like the other on I got last year buy accidently buying it. The ginger bread sleigh is the last set of goals I was told

j_halo7
12-30-11, 01:21 AM
I just started part 1 of this March Of the Reindeer goal and I'm just waiting for more pie crusts to finish it.

Can anyone tell me what do I have to cook and the quantity after part 1 of this goal? If it takes really long to cook, I want to start cooking it now while I wait for my neighbors to send me the last 3 pie crusts.

flowless
01-15-12, 01:15 AM
I wanna know too ( same question like the post above me )

syrenas
01-15-12, 03:48 AM
-Visit 8 neighbors
-Serve 25 ginger bread cakes
-Obtain 5 eggs

chocohk
01-15-12, 09:42 AM
When will i get to candy cane ? I got yule log, holiday cup n baked enuf gingerbreadman:(
Thxxx