PDA

View Full Version : Android updates in Bakery, Farm, Restaurant

GroupMagma
12-19-11, 07:16 PM
Hey guys,

We recently launched updates for our Android apps in Bakery, Farm and Restaurant. The apps aren't at full feature parity (no Goals), but they should have Badges & Collectibles, plus the ability to add more Appliances in RS/BS. The recipe issue for Mushrooms/Lemon Lime Soda/etc. in RS is also fixed.

DL and give it a whirl!

Edit: New updates for RS/BS, with Farm underway. Fixes a bug with purchases.

Yarox
12-19-11, 07:18 PM
Thank you GM and TL for this.
But i beat you to the punch GM :P

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21393-Bakery-Story-Android-Update-Coming-Soon

pinkster73
12-19-11, 07:28 PM
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!

ilovecooper14
12-19-11, 07:31 PM
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be happy :)

sehana
12-19-11, 07:32 PM
Yeay!!! I don't have Android, but soon will :p, hopefully.... Christmas or first half of 2012... anxious and spoiled :p ATM :D

rita6834
12-19-11, 07:36 PM
I found the update for Restaurant and Farm Story, but Bakery is just giving me the option to open or uninstall. Does it usually take a while. Sorry, still new to all of this.

GroupMagma
12-19-11, 07:46 PM
I found the update for Restaurant and Farm Story, but Bakery is just giving me the option to open or uninstall. Does it usually take a while. Sorry, still new to all of this.

Should be there now; I'd uninstall and reinstall.

JuniperFruit
12-19-11, 07:50 PM
YAY!!! Thank you so much for all your hard work!!!!

peachy2007
12-19-11, 07:57 PM
I don't understand why my bakery story is not updating. Please help!!!

farmer1600
12-19-11, 08:06 PM
Great news for my android neighbors!

tsuyoin
12-19-11, 08:07 PM
wowowoowowowwo.................... thanks TL~~ i got both rs and bs updates just now =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

rita6834
12-19-11, 08:12 PM
Got it! Thanks so much!!!

pinkster73
12-19-11, 08:15 PM
I did the update and I have collectibles but no badges. I have a tab for the badges but its blank. Where are my badges?

JuniperFruit
12-19-11, 08:25 PM
I did the update and I have collectibles but no badges. I have a tab for the badges but its blank. Where are my badges?

I also only have collectibles, there is another tab under profile but it doesn't say badges or anything on it.

nmishii
12-19-11, 08:28 PM
Thank you. Will download now.

pinkster73
12-19-11, 08:46 PM
Does anyone have badges for farm?

ariesblu
12-19-11, 08:51 PM
Unfortunately no. I only see them in bakery and restaurant.

pinkster73
12-19-11, 08:52 PM
Wow, a big announcement, I get all excited, then half of what's supposed to be there according to the announcement isn't.

tammybfarm
12-19-11, 09:04 PM
How do we get the cllectibles?

tmh690
12-19-11, 09:05 PM
IOS doesn't have badges for farm either, they have been gone for a while now.

tammybfarm
12-19-11, 09:05 PM
I have the update But what do we do? Its not telling to do anything.

kooky panda
12-19-11, 09:15 PM

Farm badges were taken out of farm for IOS players.

pinkster73
12-19-11, 09:16 PM

This should have been said in GM's announcement. That's :(

nmishii
12-19-11, 09:17 PM
Looks like we got almost parity, at least for the major items because I don't know everything we didn't get, through Sept 30.

I don't have badges in Farm. But it was taken away from iOS.

I can't see how many parts I have in My Gifts in RS and BS.

I got bouncing coins and stars in RS and BS. We had those for a week then they were taken away in July. I really didn't miss them all those months.

ariesblu
12-19-11, 09:25 PM
Yes that is something else that I wanted to see but can't - the amount of parts that I've amassed in gifts.

nmishii
12-19-11, 09:32 PM
Yes that is something else that I wanted to see but can't - the amount of parts that I've amassed in gifts.

Based on a post from DaojinWildfire, I sent an email to Support a few weeks ago and in 3 hrs 4 min got the amount of each of the 4 parts needed to build the sushi counter. I can build all 18 tonight, but will wait 4 hrs for my food to finish cooking. You might be able to also. We've had 80 days to collect parts.

nmishii
12-19-11, 09:47 PM
RS kind of froze up for a minute and now I don't have the world icon in the upper right corner on any game.

xcellent
12-20-11, 12:36 AM

So that's the reason for the unsched maintenance!!! Whooot!
Thank you! ;-)

aiyayu
12-20-11, 01:24 AM
Thank you for the update :) but must the exp and coins be bouncy now? I fell like its going to be lost now when the game force closes ^^;

jaysint77
12-20-11, 02:35 AM
Since the update to bakery I've been unable to get it to connect online to play. I've deleted and reinstalled a dozen times and I still keep getting the " oh darn unable to connect" notification at launch. Its driving me insane!!

jaysint77
12-20-11, 02:39 AM
Since the update to bakery I've been unable to get it to connect online to play. I've deleted and reinstalled a dozen times and I still keep getting the " oh darn unable to connect" notification at launch. Its driving me insane!!

I also play imobsters and its loading just fine so I don't understand why bakery wont load.

Rae1876
12-20-11, 04:22 AM
I am so excited about the updates to android...but help...i dont know how to redeem or complete collectibles.i dont understand what to do or how to complete the tasks, am I missing something?

ChickieCago
12-20-11, 07:19 AM
Good news!

nmishii
12-20-11, 07:22 AM
I am so excited about the updates to android...but help...i dont know how to redeem or complete collectibles.i dont understand what to do or how to complete the tasks, am I missing something?

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18281-LIST-COLLECTIBLES-How-to-get-them-in-Farm-Restaurant-and-Bakery-Stories

MyLissyDoll
12-20-11, 08:37 AM
So happy, just updated. Loving the badges :D and finally, the sushi bar yay!

mimirivera
12-20-11, 09:19 AM
Happy Android user! Thank you TL for this update!

sara1008
12-20-11, 10:56 AM
I got the update for restraunt story but i cant play because the app wont open constantly says force close. I have food ready but cant do anything about it untill its fixed. Team lava please fix this. Im not very happy

nmishii
12-20-11, 11:11 AM
I got the update for restraunt story but i cant play because the app wont open constantly says force close. I have food ready but cant do anything about it untill its fixed. Team lava please fix this. Im not very happy

Possible memory issue on your phone. Try moving larger applications to your SD card. Restart your device. Make sure nothing else is running (use Advanced Task ****er or similar) when you start RS.

cp0926
12-20-11, 01:27 PM
Thank you soooo much TL

renkcf
12-20-11, 01:46 PM
I'm a ANDROID user and I was going to go from one game to another until i saw a UPDATE notification on the right... i was like... UPDATE???!!!! YESSS!! My face lit up!! I knew it would be soon!! For bakery: What i like about it is, the finding neighbors is easier. They are side by side rather then just one way. The collectables are great so is the badges. For restaurant... I haven't played that game for awhile! Since there os an update, i DL and updated that game. YESSSS FOR SUUSHI BAR!! Thank you TEAM LAVA!!

BEING PATIENT IS A MUST!!

swiep07
12-20-11, 02:57 PM
Yay! I just got it!
I have to be here more often again... missing all the big news...

nvangel
12-20-11, 03:28 PM
How do we do the collectables etc...

kooky panda
12-20-11, 03:30 PM
How do we do the collectables etc...

here is a helpful thread http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18281-LIST-COLLECTIBLES-How-to-get-them-in-Farm-Restaurant-and-Bakery-Stories.

patacake1230
12-20-11, 04:38 PM
Hi!! I'm SO excited about the droid updates!!! I'm not sure exactly what it is all about.......badges, collectibles, etc. I've tried looking in a forum, but I'm not getting complete answers. Can u explain or tell me where to find info please?

sara1008
12-20-11, 06:44 PM
Im using a tablet and there is no memory issue i have done everything you have said still not working

ramich86
12-20-11, 07:35 PM
Teamlava you're doin' right! thx!!
just one thing... too complicated to collect tips and stars.. I think the old one was better....

shakiba
12-20-11, 08:11 PM
Teamlava you're doin' right! thx!!
just one thing... too complicated to collect tips and stars.. I think the old one was better....

I know right???? Although Im not an android player, the same thing happened to me on bakery..:(

nmishii
12-20-11, 08:50 PM
Im using a tablet and there is no memory issue i have done everything you have said still not working

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. If that doesn't work email support@teamlava.com. When you get the force close popup, instead of tapping the Force Close button, tap the Report button. Tap Preview (Review?) and under Crash give them the crash info. Can also send th info via the Send button. Also include your storm8 ID, restaurant name, phone make/model and OS version.

bakerbelle
12-21-11, 08:12 AM
Very exciting! It's fun trying to figure out how some of these features work. Thank you to the Droid Team for figuring out how to get this stuff to work on our platform. ::holiday hugs::

Sherecycles
12-21-11, 10:49 AM
I just downloaded the update and now I don't have any dancing raindrops. I had them up until a few hours ago. I just visited a neighbor and no dancing raindrops. Those made it easier when watering especially on particular crops since it's harder to see if watered or not. Also don't understand these collectibles. How do we collect those items? I tried the store and nothing there to buy.:(

jennchapa
12-21-11, 11:09 AM
I have the 10.1 Samsung tablet worked great til update now forcecloses within seconds. I have to do stuff that fast. On game jennchapa emailed the developer's but don't knw whn for tablets will fixed. Alot my friends have same problem with same tablet as mine and with there itab.

jennchapa
12-21-11, 11:11 AM
oh mine on bakery game

kooky panda
12-21-11, 11:18 AM
I have the 10.1 Samsung tablet worked great til update now forcecloses within seconds. I have to do stuff that fast. On game jennchapa emailed the developer's but don't knw whn for tablets will fixed. Alot my friends have same problem with same tablet as mine and with there itab.

oh mine on bakery game

I will report over . I believe Farm (android is having the same issues)

brandyhitzeman
12-21-11, 12:10 PM
Huge huge huge issues constantly/force closing, I purchased gems and never recieved them. Sent team lava my info done everything they told me to do and nothing. Then I was told I had to wait 24hrs and resend my info. This is just awful the stupid badges arent worth it to me I want my games back:( Signed,
. A very sad gamer

rosekimmgr
12-21-11, 04:39 PM
Yeah!! But so many error. T..T

GroupMagma
12-21-11, 06:26 PM
New updates for BS/RS, fixing the purchase force-close bug.
(and now Farm as well)

nmishii
12-21-11, 06:31 PM
Is that the only thing that's fixed? My games are working okay right now and I don't want to take a chance at them not working if there will be limited support to fix problems.

sansfinchy
12-21-11, 06:36 PM
cannot delete neighbors in rs and bs. the edit button is gone. this is after the android update. is anyone else experiencing this?

nmishii
12-21-11, 06:48 PM
I have the Edit button in RS and it does switch to edit mode, but I don't want to try see if it deletes. I don't have the Edit button in BS.

I last downloaded my games on 12/19. I did not update since GM posted new updates a few minutes ago.

Which updates do you have, sansfinchy?

rita6834
12-22-11, 08:05 AM
Mines the same way as yours. Have edit button in RS but not in BS
I have the Edit button in RS and it does switch to edit mode, but I don't want to try see if it deletes. I don't have the Edit button in BS.

I last downloaded my games on 12/19. I did not update since GM posted new updates a few minutes ago.

Which updates do you have, sansfinchy?

rita6834
12-22-11, 08:11 AM
I did the updates that came down on Dec. 20th, is there a new one coming today? When I go to the market on all three games it's showing an update, but the date is from the 20th.
New updates for BS/RS, fixing the purchase force-close bug.
(and now Farm as well)

pinkster73
12-22-11, 11:07 AM
What was in the update for farm? I mean since GM posted last night

GroupMagma
12-22-11, 11:10 AM
The Edit button issue is known, and we'll work to patch it in to a future update.

brandyhitzeman
12-22-11, 11:48 AM
Yay limited support new update still No gems from the last update and I should feel comfortable playing why??? 5 dollars of mine down the drain and 26hrs l8ter Agent is on Christmas vacation no wonder he told me to wait 24hrs great timing. My 100$ a month and I are about to walk.

12-23-11, 04:42 AM
Yay... Finally we can have collectibles and medals..... ;) :) ;) :)

Faufiffon
12-23-11, 05:04 AM
Yes, finally a big update for Android users. Thanks Team Lava !

Now just work hard for full parity with iOS (ability to see material parts in inventory, new appliances, goals, etc), fix the bugs (for instance parts requests delays) and give us a confirm button for items/actions that require gems and I'll thank you everyday.

micogal
12-26-11, 11:00 AM
I play RS and BS on android. In RS when I get collectibles they kick out on the floor so I am able to see which one I got. But in BS when I get one I'm not able to tell what I got. The collectible doesn't kick out on the floor. Only the menu drops down and you know you got one but you have no clue what you even got. Is this a bug of are other android users having this same issue?

HappyFarmersWife
12-27-11, 02:41 PM
I will go directly to the Market and see if there is another update for me in regards to your message. I have Collectibles in the Main Menu but there are no directions on how to use them. I have nothing on my "desktop" either. I also have not been able to play the portion of the game where you get bows, hams, etc and I know you're working on that. I use a Visio Tablet to play on as well as a Verizon LG droid and I have the same issues on both devices. If there is not an update for either the LG or the Visio Tablet should I contact you again? Thank you for your help, I really appreciate TeamLava's quick response to my help requests. I've told you before I am disabled and FS helps me so much, not only as a social outlet but it also helps me to focus on something besides the constant pain I live with 24/7. So I am very grateful for what TeamLava has created and made available. Thank you so very much and God bless you :-)

nmishii
12-27-11, 02:54 PM
@HappyFarmersWife

Go to post 43 for a thread on collectables. In it are links to the TL blog where there's a short description.

Getting the bows, hams, etc is part of the goals released in the iOS Christmas version. That version will not be available for Android, so we won't get to earn the extra decorations and mastery items that iOS can.

Bogiefurret
12-27-11, 08:02 PM
I have the toshiba thrive tablet. I am still having force closing in RS, & BS. Since the update. I downloaded an additional updates for rs, BS, fs, & ns. It is a pain. Now I cannot finish cleaning in CS. It will not load cities.

elon402
12-27-11, 11:11 PM
if u uninstall do u lose everything?

pinkster73
12-27-11, 11:13 PM
if u uninstall do u lose everything?

No. You won't lose anything. Your game is saved on TL's servers.

FlameyHawk
12-28-11, 02:44 PM
Can't wait for Pet Story to go to the Android!
Hopefully soon!
Can't wait to have a virtual pet to carry around without needing wifi!
:D

nmishii
12-28-11, 03:04 PM
When the games were first released, in Messages displayed at startup, there was a bar at the bottom that contained buttons for all the TL and Storm8 games. I accidentally hit one of those buttons many many times and went to another game. In the last day or two only two games are displayed, far to the left where I don't usually tap. Thank you for making this update.

pinkster73
12-28-11, 04:16 PM
When the games were first released, in Messages displayed at startup, there was a bar at the bottom that contained buttons for all the TL and Storm8 games. I accidentally hit one of those buttons many many times and went to another game. In the last day or two only two games are displayed, far to the left where I don't usually tap. Thank you for making this update.

Oh that's what changed in the manual update. I couldn't see anything different but that's it

brownieswithsugar
12-28-11, 09:13 PM
Thank you so much team lava for the updates to restaurant and bakery story. I am so addicted to the games, look forward to playing. Thank you for the Christmas gifts. Kudos to the whole team. You guys rock. Another satisfied Android customer. Thank you again.

27Redd
12-28-11, 10:20 PM
Thank you so much team lava for the updates to restaurant and bakery story. I am so addicted to the games, look forward to playing. Thank you for the Christmas gifts. Kudos to the whole team. You guys rock. Another satisfied Android customer. Thank you again.
Ditto :) :) :)

Sosexcwitit
01-01-12, 05:05 PM
What is collectibles and how do we obtain them?

rosbake
01-01-12, 11:02 PM
Thank you so much for the updates.

pinkster73
01-01-12, 11:41 PM
What is collectibles and how do we obtain them?

Here you go, a GIANT collectibles thread

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18281-LIST-COLLECTIBLES-How-to-get-them-in-Farm-Restaurant-and-Bakery-Stories.&highlight=collectibles

fecsuper
01-06-12, 12:13 AM
Hello.
This is my First forum post I am doing at the Forum.

I love RS game, I do not know what I am going to do when I finish the 97 levels, I hope I can restart again...
I have 2 telephones, and I am playing in both at the same time, the same game RS, my 2 telephones are identical, and I suffer same problems in both.

I have 2 problems that I need help, but after reading to the forum, I understand that it is only 1.
I have 2 Samsung Indulge Android, and I am playing RS in both with different Storm8 Ids.

My First problem : Since the last Android Update 19 Dec, I cannot Tip more than 2 neighbors per session.
When I try to enter to the 3rd neighbor, the telephone just keep loading for hours, and hours, until I decide finally to turn it OFF, and restart the Phone.
BTW: I am sorry to all my neighbors, because I have stopped tipping since 20 Dec, the reason is this.
Please, need a solution to fix this bug.

The Second: Neighbors, appear and disappear. Now (after reading the forum) I know you are moving them to the bottom of the list. With this new information, I believe the problem #2 is Fixed.

Thanks TL, for this great time and $ consuming game.
I hope you can help me fix problem #1.

GreenOpal
01-06-12, 03:50 PM
fecsuper,
I have the same problem with the long change to a new farm/bakery when I play on my EVO 4G. Try using your phones external menu button. When I press that it pulls up the menu and I am then able to either chose that neighbor again or go to a different menu/neighbor and it clears up the faulty processing.

Hope that helps,
GreenOpal

fecsuper
01-06-12, 10:14 PM
Thanks GreenOpal !!!!
it works.
I push the telephone menu button, and in the RS menu I can select another neighbor.
Thanks a lot, I am very happy. Now my neighbors, Prepare for Tips.

I don't know why I did not tried that ? It sound so logical, thanks again GreenOpal !

Quimbly
01-07-12, 02:27 AM
Great news.....but when will android users get all of the things that ios users have?

nmishii
01-07-12, 09:35 AM
Great news.....but when will android users get all of the things that ios users have?

Never. Android will always be behind because they develop and release to iOS first and then when they have spare time they port to Android. And don't believe TL when they say they are working hard to bring Android to parity with iOS; that appears to be a lie. The gap widens as there are more new features released to IOS than old features ported to Android.

Well, we'll never get the Christmas and New Years goals. And I'm sure TL will release more goals that we'll never get.

In general, 2-6 months for Androids to get new features that iOS players have long been tired of. Never if it is seasonal.

queenrocks77
01-07-12, 03:07 PM
fecsuper,
I have the same problem with the long change to a new farm/bakery when I play on my EVO 4G. Try using your phones external menu button. When I press that it pulls up the menu and I am then able to either chose that neighbor again or go to a different menu/neighbor and it clears up the faulty processing.

Hope that helps,
GreenOpal
Thank You! This worked. I was force stopping my game and going back in and this is way better.

Madamebutterflys
01-08-12, 01:22 PM
Glad to see other Android users getting updated, it gives me hope that fashion story players will get updated with make-up soon.

prada57
01-08-12, 05:05 PM
I have seen post about make up counter in FS but I don't see it where??? Is it only for Ipad user.. I have android .. plz help me!!! And I never got to see the quest on goals too:-(

queentina3
01-09-12, 08:40 AM
I have seen post about make up counter in FS but I don't see it where??? Is it only for Ipad user.. I have android .. plz help me!!! And I never got to see the quest on goals too:-(

Android doesn't have goals or the make-up counter.

rozeysgrl
01-16-12, 12:29 PM
I have an Android HTC inpire...any chance I can get an update link here? Couldn't find in market...thx

nmishii
01-16-12, 01:14 PM
I have an Android HTC inpire...any chance I can get an update link here? Couldn't find in market...thx

I have multiple games so I did a search on "teamlava" and found all the games in the Android Market.

I thought they could only be downloaded from the Android Market. I am not aware of any links.

Or maybe its not available world-wide yet. I know its available in the US and Canada. Where are you?

pinkster73
01-16-12, 01:47 PM
I have multiple games so I did a search on "teamlava" and found all the games in the Android Market.

I thought they could only be downloaded from the Android Market. I am not aware of any links.

Or maybe its not available world-wide yet. I know its available in the US and Canada. Where are you?

You can download Android apps from outside sources (the same ones as in the market) but they don't have the same security. I don't do it.

notesgal
01-18-12, 05:48 AM
I have been playing on a Kindle fire for a couple of weeks. My husband started at the same time on an ipad. He has the collectibles, but I do not. With the android update, I thought I should have them. I have been checking for new updates, but there are none. Should I have the collectibles?

peepsuug
01-20-12, 12:02 PM
Yes thats great but I build the two new machines in the bakery and one says that is lock untill level 1000 ??????? And the other one doesnt have anything to cook!,,, :((

queentina3
01-20-12, 12:09 PM
I have been playing on a Kindle fire for a couple of weeks. My husband started at the same time on an ipad. He has the collectibles, but I do not. With the android update, I thought I should have them. I have been checking for new updates, but there are none. Should I have the collectibles?

Which game are you playing? I have an Android and I have collectibles in Bakery and Restaurant. If it is either of those 2 games, you should have collectibles. You'll see them in the menu screen right next to "Social".

pinkster73
01-20-12, 12:40 PM
I'm Android and I have them on farm.

nmishii
01-20-12, 12:47 PM

It might be different on a Kindle than on the other android devices.

Someone else asked the same question. Hopefully kooky comes here to answer, if not, find one of her posts and at the bottom tap on "PM"
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23003-Goals-and-collectables...&highlight=kindle

notesgal
01-20-12, 02:52 PM
Thanks for your reply. I am playing Farm story. I have been checking the amazon market place for updates. Maybe they are just behind on kindle development. Thanks for posting the link. I will keep my eye on that for further updates. I would really love to have the collectibles! !!

msgk1525
01-23-12, 01:01 PM
I play Bakery Story on an IPad2. When will goals be unlocked for us?

msgk1525
01-23-12, 01:08 PM
Sorry, 1 more question. I also do not get the updates when my neighbors do. They have many Valentine's day items (balloons, fruit dipper appliance, etc) that I do not have. I play on an IPad2 so will I get these updates eventually?

SeaJelly77
01-23-12, 03:03 PM
Did bakery story valentines come out yet for ios? I've been waiting for a couple of days now and keep checking the AppStore but don't see it, even though I've heard iOS users talk about the goals - so is it out or not?

nmishii
01-23-12, 03:27 PM
This is a thread for Android updates. We don't get the goals or holiday versions so it might take a while before an iOS person responds.

susanm64
01-25-12, 04:01 PM
Are these new updates going to be available for iPad & iPhone users as well?
My neighbours have new stoves & balloons in BS that I can't find?

desyahida
01-29-12, 12:18 PM
helo, i want to ask.. How to transfer storm id from android phone to another android phone.. Bcoz i hv a new android phone n i want to play game wth my old storm id.. Plz hlp me.. Tq

barleycoon
01-29-12, 12:23 PM
helo, i want to ask.. How to transfer storm id from android phone to another android phone.. Bcoz i hv a new android phone n i want to play game wth my old storm id.. Plz hlp me.. Tq

This thread provides information on transferring your games http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11887-PLEASE-READ-How-to-Transfer-to-a-New-Device&highlight=Transferring+games
Any problems with the transfer email support@teamlava.com giving your storm8 ID. Your game progress is saved under your storm8 ID, so you won't lose anything.

jootjuh
02-01-12, 09:46 AM
I have a question. Can you please tell me why android users are excluded of the request game?

nmishii
02-01-12, 09:55 AM
TeamLava develops new features for iOS but not for Android. Then they port the features to Android. It takes about 3-6 months. It is unfair to Android players yet this is the way TL operates.

Androids should get quests/goals sometime this year. It seems unlikely that the Christmas, New Years, and Valentines goals will be available to Androids.

hussain7z
02-09-12, 07:43 AM
No any news about the goal for android ? ? ??

pinkster73
02-09-12, 08:20 AM

Don't hold your breath.

hussain7z
02-13-12, 03:06 AM
Untill when we will wait ??

kkev2
02-13-12, 02:31 PM
Do the games work on an Kindle Fire?

I am thinking of getting one, but Amazon would not answer the question when I asked if you could download games off the android market place. Obviously they want you to get them from the Amazon App Store, but they ONLY carry FARM STORY. Are there plans for putting the other games on the Amazon App Store?

kooky panda
02-13-12, 03:38 PM
Do the games work on an Kindle Fire?

I am thinking of getting one, but Amazon would not answer the question when I asked if you could download games off the android market place. Obviously they want you to get them from the Amazon App Store, but they ONLY carry FARM STORY. Are there plans for putting the other games on the Amazon App Store?

You can only download apps from the amazon marketplace for the kindle fire.
No word yet on if any of the other games will be offered .

ariesblu
02-13-12, 04:48 PM
Untill when we will wait ??

Yes, though it will be an indefinite wait. Don't get your hopes up.

nmishii
02-13-12, 04:58 PM

Here's the answer from TL from a few hours ago. Same answer they give all the time. They're always working to give Androids features as soon as possible, so the statement is pretty much meaningless. The answers you got from pinkster and ariesblu are correct.

Unfortunately, these items are not available for Android users at this time. Our team is working to make these features available as soon as possible. I cannot say when this will be ready.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?24477-pancakes&p=236713#post236713

anitamadridhere
02-22-12, 11:56 PM
When is android users going to get the same extra apps,

nmishii
02-23-12, 01:38 AM
In the past it has taken 3-6 months for new features to be released to Android. Androids aren't important enough to TeamLava to provide the manpower to get it done quicker.

AL13N
02-24-12, 11:59 PM
Why is it that the Android Version lacks so far behind the Apple version for the cooler stuff? I have the android and I don't get the heart shaped pancakes or can see how many parts I have in my gifts area so I know I can wait until I plan on building an appliance? Apple has it why oh why can't I?

zazalii
02-25-12, 06:07 AM
Do Android have goals in this game? I cant have any.

nmishii
02-25-12, 06:10 AM
No, Androids are not important enough to TeamLava to be given goals.

zazalii
02-25-12, 07:00 AM
Thanks. :'(

Bellemarz
02-29-12, 02:54 PM
Does anyone know when the Goals will be available for Android users? or if they will be at all? I remember a few months back I did have some goals (on my android phone) for RS, BS, and FS and they disapeared. I see everyone else talking about them and using them. I also see the other recipes other users have due to the goals. I would like some of those lol. Please make it happen soon!!!!!!!

Bellemarz
02-29-12, 02:55 PM
Thanks. :'(

Well that just sucks :"( not fair.

pinkster73
02-29-12, 02:57 PM
Does anyone know when the Goals will be available for Android users? or if they will be at all? I remember a few months back I did have some goals (on my android phone) for RS, BS, and FS and they disapeared. I see everyone else talking about them and using them. I also see the other recipes other users have due to the goals. I would like some of those lol. Please make it happen soon!!!!!!!

Are you sure you didn't have tasks on your Android not the goals? They are different. Android never had goals as far as I know.

And yes, make it soon!!!

ZeroXcuses
03-01-12, 07:08 AM
Why is it that the Android Version lacks so far behind the Apple version for the cooler stuff? I have the android and I don't get the heart shaped pancakes or can see how many parts I have in my gifts area so I know I can wait until I plan on building an appliance? Apple has it why oh why can't I?

Wow, they can do all of that?

pinkster73
03-01-12, 08:13 AM
Wow, they can do all of that?

.......yes.......

lvu5194
03-01-12, 04:15 PM
how come i dont have to update for adding more appliances in my bakery story =/

beertjeanita
03-02-12, 03:04 AM

A few monts ago i also have goals on my android phone.That is disappeared now.Also on Rest.story and Farmstory it is disappeared.
i asked Teamlava wat is happening and They tell me (in a prettig standard email) they are working on it.
Same problem now with the dragon stuff...i did not have it.I can sent dragon tooth and scale and can recieve it but Cannot do Anithing with it on my android Phone.

kooky panda
03-02-12, 06:20 AM
A few monts ago i also have goals on my android phone.That is disappeared now.Also on Rest.story and Farmstory it is disappeared.
i asked Teamlava wat is happening and They tell me (in a prettig standard email) they are working on it.
Same problem now with the dragon stuff...i did not have it.I can sent dragon tooth and scale and can recieve it but Cannot do Anithing with it on my android Phone.
There was an old task/quest option on both andorid and IOS games, but his has been discontinued.

The new goals are only on IOS games at this time.

The dragon is only a decoration, it does not do anything.

kkev2
04-02-12, 03:30 PM

From what I know in talking to developers, it takes longer to develop things for android than for iOS. (In my opinion,) The android market should be just as important to them because of the number of users. However testing takes longer because there are so many more hardware devices to test on.

To be clear, this is my opinion. I have not talked to anyone at TL about this.

kkev2
04-02-12, 03:33 PM
You can only download apps from the amazon marketplace for the kindle fire.
No word yet on if any of the other games will be offered .

Most of the games are in the Amazon app store at this point. Also, from talking to people at Amazon, you can load things from the Android Market on the fire, they just don't make it easy. [I haven't tested that.]

stagebeauty
04-04-12, 08:17 PM
Most of the games are in the Amazon app store at this point. Also, from talking to people at Amazon, you can load things from the Android Market on the fire, they just don't make it easy. [I haven't tested that.]

I've sideloaded a few apps on my Fire. It's not hard, but probably not easy for the non tech-savvy either. Some easy to follow articles on Google about it. I primarily did this for Pet Shop Story to get the latest version with all the bug fixes.

maryd1215
04-05-12, 04:57 AM
I'm more than a little ticked off and have complained about this before. I WANT the recipes that are out there that are not attainable for Droid users. I counted at least 14 (not including the recipes on the sushi bar which, as usual, we cannot get) recipes that aren't on the DROID. I WANT them. If you won't give us the goals, give us the recipes. This is totally unfair, Droid users have been complaining about this for as long as I've been playing, and it's about time the developers stop messing with new stuff for the other users and concentrate on putting the DROID players on an even footing with the ability to acquire the same stuff. I'm STILL waiting for the lime soda!!! Really????

maryd1215
04-05-12, 04:59 AM
Oh and those 14 recipes are in RS alone. I"m not sure how many in BS.

stagebeauty
04-05-12, 06:27 PM
I'm more than a little ticked off and have complained about this before. I WANT the recipes that are out there that are not attainable for Droid users. I counted at least 14 (not including the recipes on the sushi bar which, as usual, we cannot get) recipes that aren't on the DROID. I WANT them. If you won't give us the goals, give us the recipes. This is totally unfair, Droid users have been complaining about this for as long as I've been playing, and it's about time the developers stop messing with new stuff for the other users and concentrate on putting the DROID players on an even footing with the ability to acquire the same stuff. I'm STILL waiting for the lime soda!!! Really????

I'm confused. I play on the Kindle Fire, and I have the sushi bar in RS.

ariesblu
04-05-12, 06:53 PM
I'm confused. I play on the Kindle Fire, and I have the sushi bar in RS.

Androids were given the sushi appliance a few months ago; however, there are foods ios gamers attained from goals (among other cool stuff) that Androids will NEVER see, which is totally unfair. As you can see, GM HAS YET to update this post since before the new year, for there still are no goals on Android for anything besides pet story.

ariesblu
04-05-12, 06:55 PM
I've sideloaded a few apps on my Fire. It's not hard, but probably not easy for the non tech-savvy either. Some easy to follow articles on Google about it. I primarily did this for Pet Shop Story to get the latest version with all the bug fixes.

It may not be hard, but I wouldn't want to alter my Kindle. It's a little sad that you had to do that anyway just to get an adequately playing game from tl.

ariesblu
04-05-12, 06:57 PM

I wonder why a mod has failed to answer this question..It's been 2 months.

stagebeauty
04-05-12, 10:53 PM
It may not be hard, but I wouldn't want to alter my Kindle. It's a little sad that you had to do that anyway just to get an adequately playing game from tl.

I agree, but the Amazon App store approval process lags so far behind the Android Market sometimes... I know in another game I played that it took 3 months for an update to come out that had already been released on the regular Android market.

Fortunately, it's not actually altering the Kindle, it's just installing an application from a source other than the Amazon App store.

On the topic, I would even be happy to hear a moderator come in and say "We can't because the coding is so different and our team is small. We're playing catch up and hope to be able to release for both platforms at the same time soon, just be patient." At least we'd have official word, yes? Other than just another user saying that?

kabouter66
04-06-12, 06:36 AM
Hi mod,

I know that sometimes the update will be on tuesday...
But this time is it TO late... easter is over on tuesday

I have the update in RS and NC... not in BS

Can you explain me??
Greets

kabouter66
04-06-12, 06:40 AM
I forget to say i play on android

pinkster73
04-06-12, 08:35 AM
I agree, but the Amazon App store approval process lags so far behind the Android Market sometimes... I know in another game I played that it took 3 months for an update to come out that had already been released on the regular Android market.

Fortunately, it's not actually altering the Kindle, it's just installing an application from a source other than the Amazon App store.

On the topic, I would even be happy to hear a moderator come in and say "We can't because the coding is so different and our team is small. We're playing catch up and hope to be able to release for both platforms at the same time soon, just be patient." At least we'd have official word, yes? Other than just another user saying that?

A TL employee (GM) has said almost exactly that in this thread:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18709-Android-Feature-Parity-Discussions

stagebeauty
04-06-12, 04:09 PM
A TL employee (GM) has said almost exactly that in this thread:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18709-Android-Feature-Parity-Discussions

:) Thanks. Thought that might be the case.

marysworldz
05-18-12, 10:05 AM
If I update, will I lose everything??

kooky panda
05-18-12, 10:24 AM
If I update, will I lose everything??
when you update any of the games with a new manual download from the app store, you will keep your same game. You will not lose anything.

danna_21
09-27-12, 07:41 AM
I can't play anymore the bakery story and restaurant story, after updated this, why? i'm samsung galaxy gt i9000,android, i play one year this games and now it's not possible because she's force clossed when i try playing, please help me